Author Topic: Season 30 Racer's Insights  (Read 4993 times)

Online Jen #TeamExtreme

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • My Blog
Re: Season 30 Racer's Insights
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2018, 09:15:06 AM »
Jen, what did you think about LEG 9 having no Roadblock or Detour?  :camel

Kristi and I are a very balanced team and equal contributors. Where we usually pull our leads out is in Roadblocks. So, yeah...we weren't thrilled about the lack of Roadblocks. None in either Zimbabwe leg or in Bahrain. It's definitely advantageous for teams who have a weaker link.
‎Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of others, instead, seek what they sought. Matsuo Basho

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2018, 07:25:59 PM »
Not sure if I've ever seen anyone ask a racer this, but: how much did it "cost" you to go on the Race? Meaning, how much did you spend on clothes, backpack, and other items prior to starting the Race?

Offline TARmap

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2018, 10:49:20 PM »
Hi Jen!  :waves:

First of all, your blogs are absolutely amazing!!! They are so enjoyable to read and provide really great insight into the racers' POV.

I just had one question - how do you guys get all the visas you need to travel and can you guess what places you will be travelling to based on what visas you are asked to get?

Thanks!

Offline Leafsfan

• Secret Agent Man
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2018, 10:54:55 PM »
Hi Jen!  :waves:

First of all, your blogs are absolutely amazing!!! They are so enjoyable to read and provide really great insight into the racers' POV.

I just had one question - how do you guys get all the visas you need to travel and can you guess what places you will be travelling to based on what visas you are asked to get?

Thanks!

Production gets the visas before hand for all the countries plus extras to keep the teams guessing on where they are going to go.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2018, 10:52:46 AM »
Hi Jen, in your packing video you mentioned that production removed all clocks from the hotel rooms. Do you know why?

Also, were you given any hints on what to pack from production before the race?

Online Jen #TeamExtreme

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • My Blog
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2018, 10:47:13 AM »
Hi Jen, in your packing video you mentioned that production removed all clocks from the hotel rooms. Do you know why?

Also, were you given any hints on what to pack from production before the race?

I think Kristi said this and now I can't really remember if that was always the case. Anything with "smart" technology was removed from the room. So if our alarm clock had any other features than being a clock, it was taken out. All books, including the bible, magazines, tv's if they were smart tvs, were removed. This was mainly to ensure that we couldn't "continue racing/strategizing" or contact home while at a pit stop.
‎Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of others, instead, seek what they sought. Matsuo Basho

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2018, 11:44:16 AM »
I think in the past racers were only told pre race: NO copyrighted LOGOS (companies, schools, etc) , branding used to be outlawed  (Nike etc) but now seems fine, and no stripes (camera interference).

Interesting to see if  Indy had to get "official" approval for the Indy shirts? As in, no CBS, we won't charge you for unauthorized use of a copyrighted logo....

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2018, 11:45:31 AM »
Also...what instructions (if any) were you given about taking pics with fans? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARmap

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2018, 06:57:28 PM »
Hi Jen!

Did you have any ideas on what the final memory challenge was going to while racing (i.e. did you notice any patterns throughout the race that you thought could be used in the final challenge?)

Hope you win tomorrow!

Online Jen #TeamExtreme

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • My Blog
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2018, 10:53:37 PM »
Hi Jen!

Did you have any ideas on what the final memory challenge was going to while racing (i.e. did you notice any patterns throughout the race that you thought could be used in the final challenge?)

Hope you win tomorrow!

We had no idea. We took so many notes during the race and spent most of our travel time studying them. We didn't see any obvious patterns, just committed as much detail to memory as possible. They had been pretty strict about not letting us use notes or materials all race, so we were prepared for anything. Thanks for the support and hope you enjoy the final two episodes!

Custom Search