Author Topic: Comments and Questions for the Racers  (Read 232001 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Comments and Questions for the Racers
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2009, 10:35:05 PM »
Dallas is doing well and very busy.  He's currently working on avoiding his mother - the race has required him to spend more time with me than before.  We'll be doing a talk at his college parent day in April so it may crimp his party! 

I wished they could have shown your mom hilarious side on TAR 13!!

Glad you think I'm hilarious - Dallas considers me embarassing!  We actually didn't give them much to work with during the race - we got really focused while we were racing.  But boy were the pit stops and rest periods lots of fun!!!  Someday I'll tell you about the Moscow airport.  I do have to say I think we had more fun in our down times than it appears the teams this season may have had.  We thoroughly enjoyed spending time together with the other teams.  For me it was as much a part of the race experience as the actual race.  They should do a second reality show - "backstage on a reality show".

Yes Mom Toni! I can see the last four teams on TAR 13 had no animosity AT ALL. Just look at the un-used U-TURN.. or maybe you all figured out Dandrew would be in dead last. :funny:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2009, 04:37:37 PM »
Dallas is doing well and very busy.  He's currently working on avoiding his mother - the race has required him to spend more time with me than before.  We'll be doing a talk at his college parent day in April so it may crimp his party! 

I wished they could have shown your mom hilarious side on TAR 13!!

Glad you think I'm hilarious - Dallas considers me embarassing!  We actually didn't give them much to work with during the race - we got really focused while we were racing.  But boy were the pit stops and rest periods lots of fun!!!  Someday I'll tell you about the Moscow airport.  I do have to say I think we had more fun in our down times than it appears the teams this season may have had.  We thoroughly enjoyed spending time together with the other teams.  For me it was as much a part of the race experience as the actual race.  They should do a second reality show - "backstage on a reality show".

Yes Mom Toni! I can see the last four teams on TAR 13 had no animosity AT ALL. Just look at the un-used U-TURN.. or maybe you all figured out Dandrew would be in dead last. :funny:
We would have LOVED to see you win!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2009, 12:39:55 PM »
Joni, one of the Frosties has made it in! :jumpy: :jumpy:
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2009, 10:53:09 PM »
Great to see Christy!!!! :jumpy: :jumpy:

I missed seeing you and Kelly on Saturday. Perhaps TARCon 15?  :luvu: :luvu: :luvu: :luvu:
Just here to visit.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2009, 03:49:29 AM »
Hey, Andrew!

True, you guys could always put a smile on my face. The problem is most of the time it was upside down. (Kidding!) (Mostly.)

Thanks for making an otherwise pretty lame season somewhat bearable.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2009, 08:02:35 AM »
Hi Andrew,

I met you last December at the lunch before TARCon and you could not have been a nicer guy. Plus I got to meet Dan last week and he was so funny. Enjoyed you both.
Just here to visit.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2009, 09:07:31 AM »
Welcome Andrew.

:jam: :jam: :jam:
Matthew 7:15

Offline Andrew from DanDrew

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2009, 11:41:27 AM »
Whoops, did I post under the wrong thread? Or is the other thread solely for racers?

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2009, 11:43:27 AM »

I was recently informed that Dan had been posting here. As someone who has been blogging about sports on a daily basis on the internet for the past few years, I figured I would give this a shot as well.

Yes, I am Andrew from "Andrew and Dan" on TAR 13. Dan's username is Dandrew and he has already posted a few times. About a year ago, the TAR 13 cast returned to our homes across the country after our journey and during the summer months, I was informed about RFF. My mom who heard about RFF from Dan's mom eventually showed me the chat, spoilers and gossip regarding our upcoming season. I was amazed at first when I visited this website. I had no idea how many people try to speculate The Amazing Race. When we arrived at the hotel in Portland after our 3rd place finish, I immediately called my parents after not being able to speak to them for nearly a month. My plan was to keep everything a secret from them and that included the locations of each leg. I wanted to give them dose by dose each week of my adventures when the show premiered. Unfortunately, my parents knew where we were traveling the whole time. When I first spoke to them in Portland and without explaining RFF to me, they told me how they tracked me down in Brazil, New Zealand, Cambodia, India, etc. I was so disappointed at first because I wanted everything to be ultimately a surprise! On the bright side, it apparently kept my mom less worrisome because she was able to see where Dan and I were.

I was told of RFF back in May 2008 and to be honest, it left a poor taste in my mouth. As I browsed through some of the threads, I came across a speculation thread that was mainly focused on the TAR 13 racers. As I kept scrolling through the thread, I noticed an abundant amount of posts about me. Like I said, it left this bitter, stale taste in my mouth and an uncomfortable feeling all together to see that I was being stalked. I never visited this website after that day.

After hearing about Dan's weekend in NYC for TAR 14, I decided to relive some old memories and take a gander at RFF to see if anyone was talking about this past weekend. It turns out there is an entire section of RFF dedicated to TAR alumni so I thought I would give it a shot. I'm a really chill guy and I don't mind some blogging in my spare time so if you have any questions for me, I'm all ears.

Love Dandrew or hate Dandrew, you know we could put a smile up on your face.

Andrew

Hi Andrew - welcome to RFF!

Its unfortunate that your first exposure to RFF left you feeling bitter about us. Hopefully you'll give us another chance - I know lots of the detectives here would love the opportunity to ask you questions! Most of us are really fun - please don't be discouraged by a few people who think that just because you are a public figure it gives them license to be rude and invade your privacy.

When you put yourself in the public spotlight I think you should expect some scrutiny, criticism and misguided ridicule. In your case I believe your detractors are  jealous of your achievement and luck at being on The Amazing Race. You and Dan provided entertainment for millions of people and your antics still provide water cooler discussion to this day!

Just so you know - I think there are two distinct groups  of people here at RFF. Some - and I include myself in this group - enjoy using our internet detective skills to track the race and racers as they travel around the world. We get to vicariously live the adventure that you are privileged to be part of. This enhances our enjoyment of The Amazing Race and hopefully our enthusiasm is contagious and helps to increase the ratings of the show. I like to think we are something along the lines of being investigative reporters mixed with a smidgen of paparazzi.

The other group of members at RFF are people that like to use the forums as a way of being heard, broadcasting their opinions to an audience that they'll never have a relationship with. They bandy about terms like love, hate, retard, freak without understanding the power of their language and the effect they may have on the reader. Unfortunately the  internet and the lack of consideration of consequences inherent in the me generation has given rise to this type of cowardly pseudo  journalism. Please understand that in an open forum such as this there is little that can be done by the moderators to censure this type of behavior and I hope you can tune out the misguided posts.

Where is your sports blog - I'd love to read it!
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2009, 11:44:06 AM »
Hi Andrew,

I met you last December at the lunch before TARCon and you could not have been a nicer guy. Plus I got to meet Dan last week and he was so funny. Enjoyed you both.

I'm trying to retain that day in my memory, especially since I was still drunk from the night before. Did we talk at that sandwich shop that we all went to? And what is your name? That might help me out a bit.

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2009, 11:56:08 AM »

Hi Andrew - welcome to RFF!

Its unfortunate that your first exposure to RFF left you feeling bitter about us. Hopefully you'll give us another chance - I know lots of the detectives here would love the opportunity to ask you questions! Most of us are really fun - please don't be discouraged by a few people who think that just because you are a public figure it gives them license to be rude and invade your privacy.

When you put yourself in the public spotlight I think you should expect some scrutiny, criticism and misguided ridicule. In your case I believe your detractors are  jealous of your achievement and luck at being on The Amazing Race. You and Dan provided entertainment for millions of people and your antics still provide water cooler discussion to this day!

Just so you know - I think there are two distinct groups  of people here at RFF. Some - and I include myself in this group - enjoy using our internet detective skills to track the race and racers as they travel around the world. We get to vicariously live the adventure that you are privileged to be part of. This enhances our enjoyment of The Amazing Race and hopefully our enthusiasm is contagious and helps to increase the ratings of the show. I like to think we are something along the lines of being investigative reporters mixed with a smidgen of paparazzi.

The other group of members at RFF are people that like to use the forums as a way of being heard, broadcasting their opinions to an audience that they'll never have a relationship with. They bandy about terms like love, hate, retard, freak without understanding the power of their language and the effect they may have on the reader. Unfortunately the  internet and the lack of consideration of consequences inherent in the me generation has given rise to this type of cowardly pseudo  journalism. Please understand that in an open forum such as this there is little that can be done by the moderators to censure this type of behavior and I hope you can tune out the misguided posts.

Where is your sports blog - I'd love to read it!
[/quote]

walkingpneumonia,

My first encounter with RFF left me uncomfortable but only because it was the first I ever experienced people who were following me or stalking me. I could care less about remarks and opinions made towards me and my appearance and such. It was simply that first feeling I got where I thought to myself, "Wow people really do this kind of stuff? Why would anyone ever want to follow me like this?"

After a while it sunk in and once the season was released back in August, I became fully adjusted to the mentality that people were going to be talking about me often for the next few months.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2009, 12:10:13 PM »
Whoops, did I post under the wrong thread? Or is the other thread solely for racers?

You can post in ANY thread you choose and we hope you choose a lot of them. The other thread is just for racers.
Matthew 7:15

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: May 12, 2009, 12:22:28 PM »
Hi Andrew,

I'm trying to retain that day in my memory, especially since I was still drunk from the night before. Did we talk at that sandwich shop that we all went to? And what is your name? That might help me out a bit.
Yeah, we met at the sandwich shop. My name's Ken. I'm the Asian guy. You sat next to me.
Just here to visit.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2009, 06:07:14 PM »
Hey Andrew!  Nice to meet you!

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #164 on: May 12, 2009, 10:07:31 PM »
Hi Andrew,

Yeah, we met at the sandwich shop. My name's Ken. I'm the Asian guy. You sat next to me.
Yes I remember now. Thanks for the kind words.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2009, 12:12:42 AM »
:bigwelcome to RFF Andrew!! We missed you at TARcon!!

I can only echo what walking pneumonia said, and we are delighted to have you here now.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2009, 04:55:31 AM »
Wow Andrew from TAR Season 13!! And Toni is here!!

Here question for Andrew:

Hi Andrew,

Is so interesting to see you and Dan in the race.. How was the Army Task? You 2 keep changing the task.. Is it very pressure to see teams left, and you 2 still stuck?

Here for Toni:

Hi Toni.. Is sad you and Dallas not made in Final 3..
How was your reaction when Dallas tell you he lost the fanny pack? Do both of you all feel sad not able to be at Mat knowing who to win?

Anyway Big Welcome to Andrew, Dan and Toni here..

Hope Victor and Tammy,Luke and his mom are here too!! :)

Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: May 13, 2009, 05:08:20 AM »
Gosh!! Tina is here!!My favourite Team in TAR13!!

And Christy is here too.. Wow.. Most of TAR 13 is here.. That nice!!!

Let me think of question for you 2..  :lol:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2009, 06:54:09 AM »
I have a question for Dandrew.

In the Russian marching task, were the soldiers actually laughing at you, as the edit would have us believe, or was that some stock footage in action?

No matter what anybody says, you guys were great on the show, and will probably be remembered for all time by Amazing Race fans.

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2009, 01:03:01 PM »

Hi Andrew,

Is so interesting to see you and Dan in the race.. How was the Army Task? You 2 keep changing the task.. Is it very pressure to see teams left, and you 2 still stuck?

The army task was very frusturating all around. At first I struggled to wrap cloth around my feet which was required before we put the boots on. The cloth acted as a sock for the boots. Apparently Ken and Nick struggled with the cloth as well and I think the problem was that the cloth was simply too small for my feet (I am a size 12, larger than average). After switching tasks and realizing that the outfit was required for both detour tasks, I finally successfully wrapped the cloth around my foot however, the second time I grabbed a different piece of cloth and it happened to fit. Another frusturating thing I should note, my outfit was WAYYYYY too small for my body. I couldnt even zip up the pants and buttom them. Luckily, the jacket portion covered the waist as well as the large belt we were wearing. I could not understand how it was so undersized because production took every measurment of me that was possible. And if anything, I had lost weight since the measurements were taken. Dan's marching might have been the talk of the town that day but I wasn't off to a great start either.

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #170 on: May 13, 2009, 01:07:22 PM »
I have a question for Dandrew.

In the Russian marching task, were the soldiers actually laughing at you, as the edit would have us believe, or was that some stock footage in action?

No matter what anybody says, you guys were great on the show, and will probably be remembered for all time by Amazing Race fans.

The soldiers were most certainly laughing at Dan, there was no edit there. I could hear them laughing and see them laughing. The one trombone player that couldn't even stand at attention definitely helped make it hysterical.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2009, 01:33:28 PM »
Andrew,

You said you have a sports blog. Do you want to give it a plug?
Just here to visit.

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2009, 01:42:19 PM »
Andrew,

You said you have a sports blog. Do you want to give it a plug?

No I don't have my own sports blog. I just blog about sports on various message boards.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: May 13, 2009, 03:49:55 PM »
Oh, gotcha. You do know your sports though. If you ever wanted to start one, I'm sure you'd have a lot of support.
Just here to visit.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2009, 07:38:20 PM »

Hi Andrew,

The army task was very frusturating all around. At first I struggled to wrap cloth around my feet which was required before we put the boots on. The cloth acted as a sock for the boots. Apparently Ken and Nick struggled with the cloth as well and I think the problem was that the cloth was simply too small for my feet (I am a size 12, larger than average). After switching tasks and realizing that the outfit was required for both detour tasks, I finally successfully wrapped the cloth around my foot however, the second time I grabbed a different piece of cloth and it happened to fit. Another frusturating thing I should note, my outfit was WAYYYYY too small for my body. I couldnt even zip up the pants and buttom them. Luckily, the jacket portion covered the waist as well as the large belt we were wearing. I could not understand how it was so undersized because production took every measurment of me that was possible. And if anything, I had lost weight since the measurements were taken. Dan's marching might have been the talk of the town that day but I wasn't off to a great start either.

Thanks Andrew!! You Rock!

Yah i saw the eppy where you will struggle with the boots..

I think the most memorable was Dan marching which make us laugh.. Oh and his Dancing.. Haha..

Oh one more qns, About the dancing speed bump, how long was is? And also which team you all were friends with after Race? And about the Electrical Pipe Line Detour in India, how long was you 2 and Kelly and Christy there? Seem like you 4 stuck there for long..
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 07:50:14 AM by autowil »