Author Topic: Comments and Questions for the Racers  (Read 232215 times)

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
Re: Comments and Questions for the Racers
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2009, 09:28:26 PM »
I have one question for Arthur:
How far behind Anthony and Stephanie and Marisa and Brooke were you?

Offline TARhippie

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
  • Married Beekeeper
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2009, 12:28:16 AM »
I have one question for Arthur:
How far behind Anthony and Stephanie and Marisa and Brooke were you?

we have asked ourselves the same question, but we have no idea, as they were off the mat when we got there

perhaps if we had taken the stairs we would have got to the mat before them, but I made an emotional decision not to do the stairs, and TAR has little room for emotional decisions. if I had known that they had secularized the stair crawl with the drums, we might have gone that way. Anita read the detour and was yelling "I know the answer. I know the answer!" realizing that they would ask the number of stairs, which was given in the instructions.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 01:02:41 AM by tarhippie »

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2009, 03:29:36 PM »
That's too bad you guys didn't choose the other one!  We loved you guys!
You guys did have a great race though!
 :'(

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2009, 08:23:54 PM »
Hey Jen! Peace and love! Peace and love!  :hearts: :hearts:

Glad to see you back again. I definitely would have loved to have seen you in the gymnastics task.

I hope all is well with you and Nate. Hope to see you back here soon.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2009, 09:08:05 PM »
Great job Jen!! :hearts:  Thanks for coming by, we love to hear y'all's take on the show.

You would have rocked the gymnastics!!  And believe me, I can believe the women probably had the same exact concerns you did. :lol:

Come back often, we love to hear from you!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2009, 09:08:09 PM »
Hey Jen  :hearts: ..thank you so very much for the comments and insight!  :jumpy:

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2009, 07:15:24 AM »
I have a question for Christy.

I know the Roadblock in India where you were eliminated was horrible. After how many minutes did you realize that you don't need to grab a clue and then open it?

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2009, 09:32:52 AM »
Hi guys! Mooyou here! First, Is there still space for me to ask questions to racers here? :-[ ZOMG, I'm so stupid not to look at this section of the site that much, I never expected that so much racers were already here posting!  :lol:

I have some questions that hopefully amazing racers could answer, I wish that I could actually attend TARCon!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(, but plane tickets are waayy too expensive, and applying US visas here in the Philippines are also expensive, grueling and hard, lines are long and almost takes forever to finish. Moreso, if you don't have enough reasons to go, I'd be denied. If I say, "I just wanna go to TARCon! - even just for one night!" would be ridiculous as well  :funny: But I hope that one day, I could really attend the TARCon in the US... anyway, here are the questions!

First, I'll ask Team Guido from TAR 11! :waves:

Hi guys! I've been fan of yours in All Stars! (sorry I wasn't able to appreciate the first race, I was still a child then... :() I must say, had you guys not been delayed to the Poland flight, you would have kicked ass in the race! I was sad that you were eliminated earlier in the game than what I have expected. Anyway, my question is that, Considering how strict airports are with people being late from their boarding time, how were you able to run to the tarmac on your flight to Warsaw? Did you just run there, neglecting the security? And how hard was it to catch flights from Mozambique to Tanzania? How come there has been huge time differences? Is there or do you think there was a lapse by production or unfortunate events that occured there? I rather turned off by that one part, The race absolutely depended on the flights and airport itself than you guys racing.

Thanks and cheers! :jumpy:

Next up, with Jen from TAR 12! :waves:

Hey Jen! I honestly am saddened that you and Nate were the last team eliminated. First question, How did you feel being so close to the finish line, and getting eliminated in the penultimate leg of the race, considering that you both performed well. Second, Have you seen the U-turn first in India, would you have used it against Kynt and Vyxsin? Lastly, we all have seen your troubles with the donkey in Ireland and the boats detour in Croatia, just how long did you finish those tasks?

Hope that you and Nate are doing fine after the race! Thanks! :hearts:

Next up with the cast from TAR 13...

Hi Christy!  :waves: you really earned my support as you progressed through the race! I had hoped that both you and Kelly run the race all throughout, here's my question... After your elimination, we saw a glimpse of you in the 10th leg, (picture at the pages before) why were the both of you separated from other teams? We saw in elimination station that the both of you reunited with the other teams at the finish line. What exactly did you do there? Did production consider you as decoys? Just how long did you find out that your taxi was just in the parking lot at the first roadblock in the second leg and how long did you find the "treasure" after you have done the detour?

Thanks a lot and more power! :hearts:

Hi Mom Toni!  :waves:

It was shocking that both you and Dallas were eliminated on the penultimate leg because of the passports. First question, we saw Phil coming from somewhere and eliminating the both of you, did the production say how long and how far were you away from the rest of the teams? And how struggling was it to beg in Russia? And what was your first reaction when you knew that your passports and all the money you have saved and collected were gone? Wasn't the production allowed to lend you some, at least to finish the leg?

Thanks! :hearts:

Hi Tina! :waves:

At first, you were edited as rather in an "unlikeable" fashion, but towards the end, being loved by many alongside Ken, my questions for you are, Just how pressuring is the Speedbump? We could see that if there had just been so many Sikh Indians come and go the water station, you could have been there for quite a long time. And did you find it rude that the Indian tailor in the detour later in that leg pushed you? and lastly, we see you as a person who helped a lot of those teams in the race, do you regret having helped those teams?

Thanks, and I hope that you win the Best Job in the World!  :hearts:

I'll follow up with some more questions later with the other teams...

Thanks guys! and thank you for making the Amazing Race memorable!

Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2009, 02:20:39 PM »
For Jen:
What was your favorite part of season 12?
And who was your favorite team in season 12 beside yourselves?

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2009, 04:50:12 AM »
Wow! :o

Well, since lots of questions were already asked, I'll just ask a random question to hippie Arthur. :)

How's your beekeeping business? I think this question has been asked. lol
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline TARhippie

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
  • Married Beekeeper
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2009, 11:52:15 PM »
Wow! :o

Well, since lots of questions were already asked, I'll just ask a random question to hippie Arthur. :)

How's your beekeeping business? I think this question has been asked. lol

Thank you for asking. I"ll talk bes anytime.

Our free range bees are doing quite well this year. Over winter we only lost 1 hive of 9 (a 20 to 30% loss is not unexpected) and the surviving 8 are very strong. Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) hasn't significantly affected backyard beekeepers like us, it is more of a problem with migratory hives, constantly moved around for pollination. April is a crucial month here as there is very little nectar flow and if a hive is too strong it may eat up all it stores, so we may need to feed any light hives. Our local Farmer's Market raised their fees for this year so "Bees Here Now", honey hand made by hip bees, most likely won't be there.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2009, 01:43:57 AM »
Remember to Save the Bees!

Thanks, Arthur.  :waves: :waves:
Just here to visit.

Offline Team Guido

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2009, 05:32:51 PM »
guys! I've been fan of yours in All Stars! (sorry I wasn't able to appreciate the first race, I was still a child then... ) I must say, had you guys not been delayed to the Poland flight, you would have kicked ass in the race! I was sad that you were eliminated earlier in the game than what I have expected. Anyway, my question is that, Considering how strict airports are with people being late from their boarding time, how were you able to run to the tarmac on your flight to Warsaw? Did you just run there, neglecting the security? And how hard was it to catch flights from Mozambique to Tanzania? How come there has been huge time differences? Is there or do you think there was a lapse by production or unfortunate events that occured there? I rather turned off by that one part, The race absolutely depended on the flights and airport itself than you guys racing.

WoW!  Great questions!  We would have kicked someone's ass had we made some of the flights we missed.  The airports in South Africa and Mozambique were crowded with pilgrims going to the Haj.  We didn't have to run on the tarmac in Warsaw, we were on the tarmac in Kilimanjaro.  There wasn't much security there, it is a one room airport!  The flight situation from Mozambique through Johannesburg to Tanzania was what I mentioned above, the Haj....it was a long nightmare of a wait.  I think production did not realize how bad that was going to be!  They were able to bunch us all up on Zanzibar, but then the flight to Poland was delayed for the two teams in last place and that left us stranded in Kilimanjaro....another missed flight.  HOWEVER...Eric and Danielle were there with us and they won the race.  Like Bertram says, "anyone can win this race".  We don't balme production for anything that happened, it is what it is!  I would say we hated the intersection in Krakow more.  Joe was the first contestant finished with his sausage, had we not been tied to Eric and Danielle through the Intersection.....who knows....xxoo Guido

It’s never to early for a Chardonnay!

Offline GreeneTeam

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2009, 05:50:50 PM »
Race Love to all and sorry to be away for so long.....MooYou had some great questions and Thank you for the wonderful support!!!! ;)
I don't regret helping anyone or getting help from anyone on the Race......it is part of the game.  Yes we wanted to win the $1 million but I have always believed that you do not get ahead in life by stepping on or trampling anyone....you see people going up to the top and back down in the Race and in life.  Kenny and I were most proud of not being derogatory to any of the teams in our interviews etc throughout the entire Race...does that mean we never got mad or angry if someone tricked us...No...but we chose to focus our energy on the tasks and the Race and more importantly our marriage.  The Reader in India pushing me back was only because he was afraid I would see his numbers...but we had ours right anyway...I though he was cute and quite the actor. Our Speedbump day in India was tough and much was not shown....we had to backtrack as we got the bird clue and were on our way to do the Speed Bump when we had to take the bird clue back....so our feet were washed in the antiseptic basins multiple times - tee hee - not to mention taking our shoes off and on so many times.....I did feel we should be reverent and kind when serving the holy water and that spirit really calmed us down....after having cleared the masses of cars and Tuk Tuks from the streets.....we really gained ground when we realized that other teams were struggling with the numbers....so all in all we lucked out and stayed to Race another day!  Gotta give Bertram credit for designing such intriguing, frustrating and challenging tasks - I still think Season 13 had the most diverse cast...and the most Awesome of course ;)  XOXO, T

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2009, 07:15:23 PM »
Great to see you again, Tina! :jumpy: :jumpy:

And it's always fun to see Team Guido! :jumpy:
Just here to visit.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2009, 09:21:21 PM »
One for the Guido's

Your attempt to hold up the other teams so they would miss their flight in season one is regarded as the first truly evil action of TAR (although it is quite tame in comparison to later seasons). What was your motivation for it, and at what point did you realize that the situation had gotten WAY out of hand?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2009, 09:41:23 PM »
This goes for any of the racers. I noticed from the insider videos from this week that Christie & Jodi decided to forego their rolling luggage and go with the regular backpacks to lighten their load.

I've also noticed in other seasons that teams will start to chuck things. Did any of our friends decide to do the same thing along the race and did you have to get rid of an item you thought you would never part with? Did you have to get rid of what you thought was a valuable along the way?

Also, when you left the Starting Line, how much adrenaline did you have when Phil said, "Go!"

And for Team Guido, when you were stuck in Africa with Eric & Danielle, Bill went out and tried to get the pilot's attention with his small bell and whistle. Did he think he could actually get the plane to stop and what was Joe thinking when this was all happening?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 09:49:18 PM by TARAsia Fan »
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2009, 06:41:29 AM »
And for Team Guido, when you were stuck in Africa with Eric & Danielle, Bill went out and tried to get the pilot's attention with his small bell and whistle. Did he think he could actually get the plane to stop and what was Joe thinking when this was all happening?

This is a great moment!! I've heard this before, but oh yes!! Please share this here guys, it is a funny/classic/wonderful TAR memory moment!!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2009, 05:36:15 PM »
Love everyone who has come!   :jumpy:
For team Guido:

How surprised were you when you were last, but then found that Nancy and Emily made a terrible mistake?

Offline Team Guido

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2009, 02:17:21 PM »
One for the Guido's

Your attempt to hold up the other teams so they would miss their flight in season one is regarded as the first truly evil action of TAR (although it is quite tame in comparison to later seasons). What was your motivation for it, and at what point did you realize that the situation had gotten WAY out of hand?

Well it all went down like this, contrary to what you have seen and heard through the years...we wanted to mix it all up and delay the teams a few minutes, not really thinking they would ever miss their flights because the teams were being led by a representative fromt the airlines to take them to their waiting flight.  The gate where we all lined up was a security check station that led to all airline gates.  They checked your passport and then you went through to your flight.  If you watch the footage from the episode, Joe and I let a family go ahead of us, to be polite and to make the line longer for the approaching teams.  When Kevin and Drew reached us we were the very next people in this security line to show our passports.  We had not taken our passports out of our pockets yet when Drew shoved Emily passed Joe saying it was their turn to get to the waiting flight they were in a hurry.  Emily never had her passport checked in all the commotion!  Kevin and Drew started screaming that we started the whole thing and Nancy got bumped by Joe's backpack in the scuffle.  Now while I admit we got in line ahead of all these teams to slow them down, we did not push and shove as is believed by most of you!  We were there first, and we felt we had the right to stay in line.  If Kevin and Drew had waited about one more minute, we would have been through security and none of the above would have unfolded.  Because Kevin and Drew were the 'good guys' and Joe and Bill were the 'bad guys', that is how the whole thing unfolded!  When we got to India, production had a meeting and everyone was reminded not to get physical.  We had been threatened on the steps of the Victor Emmanuel monument that something bad was going to happen to us by another team.  Of course, we regret the way the whole thing unfolded in Tunis, but there was blame all around, not just to Team Guido.  We suppose that if 'Tunis' had not happened, the rest of that season would probably have been very boring!  The buzz that the Tunis airport incident created, kept the TAR ratings going, especially after 9/11 had been such a bad time for television in general.
The best thing that came from that whole episode came from Margaretta.  She told me before we appeared on the Rosie show the first time to just "say your sorry" and the whole thing will go away!  She was right, I was set to explain the whole incident the way I have just done, and it sounds like sour grapes.  Although it was the way it really happened.  We miss Margaretta!
Billy B. 

Offline Team Guido

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2009, 02:24:26 PM »

It was Joe.   He wanted to go all the way up to the plane's door before it was closed.  He opted not to do this when Danielle refused to go with him.  She was, by then, crying!  The plane sat there for about 30 minutes!  Frustrated, Joe decided he needed to do something, ring some bells. OY!  I was laughing, but also hoping he would not get into trouble.  This was the infamous airport where Colin was almost arrested for not paying his cab fare! 
We later found out there was bad blood between Air Tanzania and KLM.  Apparently Air Tanzania had been delayed before and did not notify KLM, so they decided to teach the airline a lesson and not allow us on the flight.   We all had carry-on backpacks, but the Captain was afraid we would delay the flight by loading luggage?  Who knows what might have been if we had been able to make that flight.
Billy B.

Offline Team Guido

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2009, 03:20:53 PM »
Love everyone who has come!   
For team Guido:

How surprised were you when you were last, but then found that Nancy and Emily made a terrible mistake?

When we arrived at Krabi it was very early morning.  When we got to the Temple we walked past about 12 pairs of shoes that were obviously from other teams and camera crews!  We knew then that we were about to go home!  What happened instead shocked and saddened us!  Nancy and Emily had become very close to us by this time.  We had spoken to them about the Tunis incident and helped them with a quick way across the river in Bangkok after we won the FF. 

Phil came over to us to talk before he greeted us to check us in to the pit stop and said we would have to wait a few minutes....very unusual!  While we waited in this very quiet Bhuddist temple,  Nancy and Emily came into the area where we were seated.....now we know something really bad is going to happen.

Phil joined us at a special area they had arranged to give us the following information ON CAMERA!
Emily and Nancy had made an error in using the wrong type of transportation in the last leg of the race.   Our mistake was taking a bus instead of private car to the pit stop once we had the fast forward.   It turns out that Nancy and Emily were penalized 24 hours thereby eliminating them instead of Team Guido....we genuinely felt terrible!  We knew for sure we were now the villains of this race.  We wanted to win on our own merits, or lose because of our own mistakes, now we were getting a free pass because Nancy and Emily were being eliminated! 

When we went down to the pit stop area of the Temple where the other teams were, you could hear a pin drop.  All of the remaining teams now were aware that Emily and Nancy had been eliminated and Team Guido would live to see another leg!  Well, you could tell they were not happy!  Nancy and Emily were very nice racers to race with, and certainly better competition if you are trying to win a race!  The course was getting tougher and I am sure the other teams, who hated us anyway, but felt we were the stronger of the two competitors.....I know Nancy and Emily would disagree with me!  It was not a good time for us.  We did feel bad for being the reason Emily and Nancy were eliminated, and we could feel the genuine disdain the other teams were directing at us.

That time in the Temple was good for us.  That was when we decided we would eliminate Kevin and Drew next, we would most likely be fighting for third place.  And at that time, maybe we still had a chance at the million, we weren't going to give up. 
Billy B.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2009, 09:44:54 PM »
Joe & Bill:

The full explanation of the Tunis airport thing.  Is that also the story you told Karyn?  Because whatever you seemed to be telling her, the editing certainly seemed to make it look like you were lying.

That said, what did you think of the first three teams gone?  Did you like Matt & Ana, Kim & Leslie, and Pat & Brenda?
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2009, 07:58:33 AM »
Question for Team Guido...

When you were in Krakow, during the intersection where you ate a 25-inch sausage! That was one of my favorite tasks in all-stars!  ;D Was it really hard to eat, because we saw Dustin puked after she finished her sausage... What are the things happened there that were not shown??

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2009, 10:54:14 AM »
Eragon,

You have the essence of it, but the detail is wrong. I recall the intersected team of 4 eating 24 inches total, which is 6 inches each or 12 inches for each normal team. This means Joe/Bill had 12 inches and their partners Eric/Danielle had 12 inches. It also meant that Dustin/Kandice had 12 inches and the ir partners Charla/Mirna had 12 inches.