Author Topic: Comments and Questions for the Racers  (Read 232248 times)

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
Re: Comments and Questions for the Racers
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2009, 05:50:12 PM »
Welcome Christy! :hearts:

Just one question - Did you ever found out who was the one who pushed your sports bra off the ledge? :funny:

O.K Best part of season!

That was pretty interesting!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 05:37:51 PM by Snooky101 »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2009, 09:08:20 PM »
Did you realize that you both appeared on TV while Dandrew were doing the speed bump in Russia?

Did they? :duno:

Screencaps please!! :funny:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2009, 09:24:35 PM »
I'd normally use photobucket, but it's not cooperating today.  (:;)

If you watch it without using youtube, it's clearly them.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:35:32 PM by Coutzy »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2009, 09:28:57 PM »
 :funny: :lol:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2009, 09:49:10 PM »
OMG. This is hilarious. :funny:

Offline Darling Divorcees

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2009, 10:51:39 PM »
Hi again!

That's funny - I actually never saw us in that shot, but I did hear we were in it. Yep, that's us, dressed alike and all! It was hilarious watching them dance.

SOO.....the sports bra....well, I actually believe Starr when she says she didn't push it off the ledge, since she's been so adamant about it and we're friends now. I think she'd tell me the truth. I guess it hurled itself off of the ledge! ;-)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2009, 11:01:21 PM »
Thanks so much for joining in Christy! Great comments all!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2009, 01:04:13 AM »
Hi again!

That's funny - I actually never saw us in that shot, but I did hear we were in it. Yep, that's us, dressed alike and all! It was hilarious watching them dance.

SOO.....the sports bra....well, I actually believe Starr when she says she didn't push it off the ledge, since she's been so adamant about it and we're friends now. I think she'd tell me the truth. I guess it hurled itself off of the ledge! ;-)

How long behind were you actually behind Andrew and Dan on the leg you were eliminated? I was kinda sad that you were gone! :(

And thanks for answering the question, lol at sports bra hurling itself off the ledge. :funny:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2009, 03:44:44 PM »
It's amazing how sports bras just seem to take off by themselves. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2009, 05:41:33 PM »
It's amazing how sports bras just seem to take off by themselves. :lol:

It wanted a chance of bungee jumping!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2009, 08:49:59 PM »
arthur here

now that the thread says 1st out has been philimnated, not the biggest looser, I can participate. Remember racers are real people, not just objects for your snarking.

Welcome Arthur and Anita  :jumpy:! Thank you for your comments and yes! We must remember that Racers are real people with feelings and there is no need to be rude or snarky towards the racers past or present and it will stop I promise you that!  :ty4posting :welcome2: :yourock:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2009, 09:08:36 PM »
I dont really think it started...I ABSOLUTELY ADORE YOU ARTHUR AND ANITA - Had you gone further I think the show would have gotten even better than it already was.  :hugs: :kuss:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2009, 09:10:04 PM »
So glad to see Anita and Arthur here! I was so glad to meet you at TARCon in December. :)
Just here to visit.

Offline TARhippie

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
  • Married Beekeeper
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2009, 12:16:22 AM »
Thank you all for the greetings. It was so good to meet many of you at TARcon 13. We know we weren't on the Race long, but will answer anything we can.

group hugs and Race Love to all

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2009, 12:19:52 AM »
Thank you all for the greetings. It was so good to meet many of you at TARcon 13. We know we weren't on the Race long, but will answer anything we can.

You may not have been on the race long but I think you and Anita are one of the most memorable & lovable teams ever  :hearts: . Know that!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2009, 12:42:39 AM »

You may not have been on the race long but I think you and Anita are one of the most memorable & lovable teams ever  :hearts: . Know that!

Amen to that, Anita and Arthur bring Race Love to us all!

Arthur, thanks for that analysis, I agree with your team assesments, and can't wait to see how our current racers respond to the challenge of the race!

Ordinary people doing extraordinary things...that should be the TAR motto!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2009, 01:36:19 PM »
 :hearts: Loving the motto peach!  :yess:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2009, 05:53:57 PM »
When I met Anita & Arthur at Rockefeller Center in NYC, I was amazed at how many people flocked to them. They certainly made an impression on TAR fans. People hugged them :hugs:, had their picture taken with them and as we were walking to the middle of the Rock (why did we do so much walking, Peach? :lol:), fans were behind us, whispering, "That's Anita & Arthur!" or "I'm right behind Anita & Arthur!" or "who's this Asian guy walking with Anita & Arthur?" Ok, maybe that last statement wasn't said, but for a team that was unfortunately eliminated after one leg, Anita & Arthur were very loved.

One of the truly good people I've had the opportunity to meet.  :tup: :tup: :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2009, 06:05:56 PM »
Holy [bleep], I agree with Dandrew. I feel like the world's going to implode or something.

(Kidding! I didn't hate you as much as some people, but I did wind up calling you guys Dandruff after a while just because you were so damn hard to get rid of. Then we got "marching" and "dancing". Thank you!)

Offline Dandrew

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Newbie
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2009, 09:45:20 AM »
1. We beat Kelly/Chrsity by about 30 minutes we would estimate. We were on the mat with phil for a while then stood on the side for about 15 minutes waiting for them to come in.

2. We think the root of why people generally give us a hard time is because we were so successful on the race. Obviously we did it in a rather unorthodox fashion but thats ok because we think we were involved in some great moments that makes our season of the most memorable in the shows history. So we have no problems with that. The race is one of those show's that just about most people would do so when they see people on the race not doing something the "right"  way then they are the targets of criticism and that was the case with us we think.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2009, 01:08:48 PM »
I told you this before TARCon and I'll say it again, that march in Russia was the funniest I've ever seen. I could not stop laughing. You definitely have one of the best moments on TAR and probably on reality TV every.
Just here to visit.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2009, 03:53:36 PM »
You guys definitely came into your own (for me, anyway) after you switched Detour choice FOUR times in Russia. A record I believe.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2009, 09:44:04 PM »
You guys definitely came into your own (for me, anyway) after you switched Detour choice FOUR times in Russia. A record I believe.

The closest I remember is Ozzy and Danny, and they just kept going in circles arguing!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2009, 12:48:55 PM »
 :lol: And Adam and Rebecca (Mrs and Mrs. Detour Switcher)  :sucks

Apart from the race I managed to watch Elimination Station. Loved it you guys!  :yess:

Offline MomToni TAR 13

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2009, 12:17:27 AM »
I can't believe how many racers we are getting!
For Toni:  How dissapointed were you when Dallas lost your passports?

Sorry I haven't logged on for a bit -

Losing stuff happens and as a parent you get used to lost sweatshirts, basketball shoes, drivers licenses.  You've dealt with it so many times that it actually isn't earth shattering news to have your child tell you they lost something.   Truth is I was more concerned about how disappointed Dallas was.  When I saw the look in his eyes I knew he was so upset there was no way I could get mad or upset.  I really just wanted to hold it together for him.  I kept telling him not to worry we'd figure something out. 

When we were eliminated I just knew we were going to spend the next day doing another roadblock (trying to get a new passport, etc) so we were headed on another adventure together.   

I think we both cried that night, but it was more about not getting to be in the final leg and see everyone.