Author Topic: TAR14 EP3: 'I'm Not Wearing That Girl's Leotard! (Romania)'  (Read 106671 times)

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR14 EP3: 'I'm Not Wearing That Girl's Leotard! (Romania)'
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2009, 07:52:45 PM »

That looks like 7ºC to me. Timers rarely have a temperature reading, but clocks do.

Now that Brad/Victoria seems to have missed a flight in Amsterdam, *maybe* leg 2 second - fifth finishers had to go that direction to go to Bucharest? But still, I don't think they're the team that had an unexpected landing, I still believe that the Jihs had that happen to them.

I believe that Margie/Luke, Mel/Mike, probably Kris/Amanda were in the gymnasium at ~9:00 PM. The spoiler said there were two flights that arrived at ~ 12:00 AM Wednesday, but it's not like he (?) was in the airport since, I dunno, 6 - 8 PM Tuesday to see those 3 teams arrive.

Anyways, I just finished watching Leg 2 and the whole leg happened on November 3 (Monday). How awesome. It must've been a 12 hour resting period only because at the wee hours of the next day, November 4, that's when the next leg started.
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2009, 08:32:31 PM »
Well if Vic/Tammy were on the same flight as the behind teams, Cara/Jamie Jodi/Christie The Brothers and Sister teams then something must have went wrong somewhere for them.

Mike/Mel Luke/Margie on the earlier flight, screencap of them together at the Roadblock. Could we assume Kris and Amanda are there as well or on their way or come and gone?

Brad & Vic miss their flight at Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam ..

From romaniafans spoiler  Vic/Tammy on the same flight with the behind teams

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2009, 08:37:32 PM »
Maybe the other two teams just find a flight that nobody else knows about?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2009, 08:46:18 PM »
Floor event timing is crucial. But RB time isn't really crucial because we know they all bunch at the railway station around 430AM.

I got this off of Kris' wonderfully BIG watch, it is at the Mat w/ Phil at Hellbrun, might help with release times.  I'm guessing 4:10 ish?

Remember that teams are going to be released at a non-standard time since we know this is not going to be a 12-hour pit stop.  See page 2 of the big spoiler thread  :lol:  hee hee.

Oh, that was a fantastic find Neobie  :tup:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2009, 09:18:13 PM »
Sorry Peach I got the wrong page.  Here is the link: 

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,17788.msg359294.html#msg359294
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2009, 09:38:30 PM »
Unless they just weren't using those cars anymore. I agree though, haven't we seen an extended Pitstop on leg 2 before? We did after the jump the ditch in Holland on season 11 I think...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2009, 09:45:56 PM »
I agree with you, Chateau! *high-five!* All paths lead to Rome! (Or is it Bucharest?)

There's something to occupy teams from the morning till after 5pm of the 4th of November (when there are better flights from both Salzburg and Munich), be it extra tasks or an extended Pit Stop.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2009, 09:58:52 PM »
Unless they just weren't using those cars anymore. I agree though, haven't we seen an extended Pitstop on leg 2 before? We did after the jump the ditch in Holland on season 11 I think...

It must be a 24 hour or more probably a 18 hour pit stop.  Marge and Luke arrived just before sunset which was at 4:47PM; but we see them again reading the route info in front of the Austria sign in bright sunlight.  Could it be 4:47PM again? Or as a minimum an 18 hour pit stop so that they would be leaving Salzburg at 10:47AM
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 04:14:56 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2009, 10:14:30 PM »
I don't have a good time for this shot.  Let's just say it was between 9:30 am and 2:30 pm.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 10:35:57 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2009, 10:28:56 PM »
I'm not sure if it has been said or maybe it's just obvious but this preview shot is the Biserica Neagra, Black Church in Brasov:  Panoramio

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 10:37:03 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2009, 10:29:15 PM »
And this one is the Castle Bran.  Panoramio

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2009, 12:52:36 AM »
Using this from Neobie

KL1798 from Munich to Amsterdam: 5.30pm to 7.15pm

And one hour and 41 minutes form Google Maps

I would guess that Brad and Victoria leave the Pit Stop at or before 2 pm.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2009, 06:03:43 AM »
I think that the elimination in this leg would be a toss up between Brad/Victoria or Amanda/Kris... I see Christie/Jodi elimination in India as well
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2009, 06:32:12 AM »
I think that the elimination in this leg would be a toss up between Brad/Victoria or Amanda/Kris... I see Christie/Jodi elimination in India as well

Any source about that??

Here's what I think...

If Amanda/Kris were on the earlier flight and already had a huge lead (because of 12 AM arrival time of the next flight), then they did the roadblock at night (assuming 9pm) and catched the earlier train and the train arrived at Brasov at morning while the second and/or the third train arrived 3 to 5 hours after the 1st train (other teams will catch the midnight train),  so Amanda & Kris has a big lead over the back teams and they have more time of searching for their tiny bag and survive elimination.

I guess it will be either Brad/Victoria, Jodi/Christie (hopefully)

honeybee

« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2009, 12:04:11 PM »

Any source about that??

Here's what I think...

If Amanda/Kris were on the earlier flight and already had a huge lead (because of 12 AM arrival time of the next flight), then they did the roadblock at night (assuming 9pm) and catched the earlier train and the train arrived at Brasov at morning while the second and/or the third train arrived 3 to 5 hours after the 1st train (other teams will catch the midnight train),  so Amanda & Kris has a big lead over the back teams and they have more time of searching for their tiny bag and survive elimination.

I guess it will be either Brad/Victoria, Jodi/Christie (hopefully)

My guess is that Brad & Victoria go this week.  Based on puddin's spoiler/speculation summary, both Amanda/Kris and Brad/Victoria are last witnessed in Austria.  I think that Brad & Victoria missing their flight will put them far enough behind. 
Even if Amanda & Kris DON'T find their bag with their passports, they can still check into the pit stop.  If this indeed happens and they don't find the bag, that makes sense why they would be eliminated on leg 4.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2009, 12:36:26 PM »
I think you need to have all the clues with you in order to check in. So if the clues are in the bag, they can NOT check in.

:welcome2: to RFF, honeybee!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2009, 03:39:49 PM »
I really do think that's just a red herring.  Amanda & Kris will definitely find the bag, and they will definitely check in at a surviving position.  Brad & Victoria are my bet to go home, almost in a Bob & Joyce sort of fashion.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2009, 04:39:29 PM »
Remember how much of a big deal the passport thing was last season? This season it just doesn't seem to carry much weight. I still think that Amanda & Kris could go home this episode, though not because of this. They'll find it before they check in, at least. I'm going to wave a sad goodbye to Brad & Victoria, my guess for this elimination. :'(
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2009, 08:44:12 PM »
Sadly them missing their flight will probably eliminated them!  :'(
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2009, 09:38:07 PM »
I think you need to have all the clues with you in order to check in. So if the clues are in the bag, they can NOT check in.

I don't think this can be the case, otherwise wouldn't Tara & Wil (who did lose their clue, never found it again) waste a lot of time running around San Francisco for nothing?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2009, 09:43:56 PM »
I think it is new since then....that's why we always see them running up with the clue in hand? Pretty sure about this, but we can ask the racers.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2009, 04:03:43 AM »
Is this Leg 2 or 3?? Amanda is wearing a black jacket that she's wearing in the preview.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 04:13:58 AM by eragon »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2009, 06:57:35 AM »
Maybe the other two teams just find a flight that nobody else knows about?

Yeah, Michael and the moon might be made of green cheese too!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2009, 07:03:26 AM »

I don't think this can be the case, otherwise wouldn't Tara & Wil (who did lose their clue, never found it again) waste a lot of time running around San Francisco for nothing?

Wil and Tara did not lose their clue in downtown San Francisco, they discovered the loss (which occurred in a Hawaiian airport) while flying to San Francisco on the way to Anchorage. They searched for books in the SF Airport bookstore.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2009, 07:07:21 AM »

It must be a 24 hour or more probably a 18 hour pit stop.  Marge and Luke arrived just before sunset which was at 4:47PM; but we see them again reading the route info in front of the Austria sign in bright sunlight.  Could it be 4:47PM again? Or as a minimum an 18 hour pit stop so that they would be leaving Salzburg at 10:47AM

When I look at all the evidence, I conclude that it was a 18 hour pit stop, agreeing with GMan. There is nothing for teams to do from 4am to noon except get on inferior flight combinations, so a 12 hour pit sotp is unlikely. The best ones occur after 5pm, so teams would logically need hours before that to get to the airport and book them. A 24 hour pit stop would not allow enough time.