Author Topic: TAR14 EP3: 'I'm Not Wearing That Girl's Leotard! (Romania)'  (Read 107145 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR14 EP3: 'I'm Not Wearing That Girl's Leotard! (Romania)'
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2009, 09:04:38 AM »
Well, being Asian and of Taiwanese descent, I see the family issues as well, but I think it's more about the family rather than the editing.
Just here to visit.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2009, 09:04:59 AM »
Hi Mooyou. I'm here as well.  :waves:

Here's what I understand with the spoilers and preview pictures so far:

Five of the teams arrived after the other four. These five are the 1st and 6th-9th teams of leg 2 (based on the sightings). So the forced plane landing may have occurred for the Jihs specifically, since they arrived very early in the leg 2 pitstop that they got on an earlier plane compared to the 2nd-5th team, but this actually caused them to fall behind with the 6th-9th team.

So I assume these five teams on the 2nd plane went to the RB which is the gymnast thing. We see Jamie with Jen (I think) at the sidelines and one of the Munoz doing the RB. As people have said, this was in the nighttime, which may be 1:00 AM in the morning? If so, those kids are up wayyyyy too late.

Just my opinion on the RB. It seems to be either: walking at a straight line to mimic a balance beam, or doing stunts at that straight line in lieu of a balance beam, or they're practicing on the floor before they mount and do stunts on the balance beam. Not sure why Mike had to do those running in circles with the gymnastic kids though.

So moving on to the trains. The RB must've been a relatively easy one for teams to be done in about 2 hours. Seriously mentioned that the station opens at 4:30 AM. I'm not really sure if the Tammy pic supports a similar time frame. Although I don't think the Jihs would be that far behind from Cara/Jamie, who I assume were the F/F teams spotted waiting at the train station, because both were spotted at a similar time frame in the airport. Also, do you guys think Gora de Nord was a bunching point? That would've been lovely.

Now teams had to travel from Bucharest to Brasov. Not sure if anyone has done this already, but I've found some information on the trains timetable from Bucuresti Nord to Brasov. Unfortunately, I can't post here what I found but anyways... I've set my search for Wednesday, Feb. 25. I'm pretty sure the time schedule for Nov. 5, 2008 is completely different, but anyways. It says there that travel time is between 3 - 4 hours from Bucharest to Brasov.

Go to this link for train schedules

I wonder why Amanda/Kris would search a well for their fanny pack. Also, why did Christie/Jodi ask for train info while still on the plane? Hmm...
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2009, 10:36:52 AM »

is this Romania?

Look like Romania because....

...he had a different T-shirts in this confession.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2009, 12:05:25 PM »
TEAMS TRAVEL TO TRANSYLVANIA WHERE THEY MUST SEARCH THROUGH BURIED COFFINS FOR THEIR NEXT CLUE, WHILE A FIRST PLACE TEAM FINDS THEMSELVES STARING DOWN ELIMINATION AFTER AN UNEXPECTED DETOUR, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," MARCH 1 ON CBS
"I'm Not Wearing That Girls Leotard!" (Romania) - Teams scour the Transylvania countryside for buried coffins, while one of the Race's frontrunners finds themselves at the back of the pack when their plane makes an unexpected landing, on THE AMAZING RACE 14, Sunday, March 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

I would agree the unexpected landing team is the first place team Victor and Tammy and that might be why they are not so happy.
For gymnasts, Tammy (bio does yoga) Mike White (bio does yoga) Mark Munoz (stuntman experience) and Jamie (cheerleader experience) might excel at this task.
Also agree the teams at risk for elimination this week are Jodi/Christie Kris/Amanda

And ..Welcome to the forum Mooyou  :waves:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2009, 12:30:25 PM »
Amanda and Kris look like they're screwed, but it'll be such a pity! Perhaps the reason they become the unexpected early boot. Sigh, I wouldn't be happy with either an Amanda and Kris or Christie and Jodi boot! *pray*
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2009, 01:07:07 PM »
at least they didn't lose their fanny packs in a real gypsy village
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2009, 01:08:23 PM »
Can you imagine if this happens two seasons in a row? First Toni & Dallas and then Amanda & Kris?

The producers are going to require the fanny packs be stapled to everyone's fanny. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2009, 01:21:51 PM »
I'm kind of glad that there's probably going to be a bunching point after the road block in this episode

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2009, 01:42:59 PM »
Amanda and Kris look like they're screwed, but it'll be such a pity! Perhaps the reason they become the unexpected early boot. Sigh, I wouldn't be happy with either an Amanda and Kris or Christie and Jodi boot! *pray*

I get the impression they lost their packs in the fake village and must retract steps to find.  All-in-all, not as bad as Toni & Dallas.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2009, 01:44:51 PM »
at least they didn't lose their fanny packs in a real gypsy village

In a real gypsy village, all Teams would be relieved of their packs!

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2009, 01:49:56 PM »
Well, with Preston & Jennifer and Steve & Linda being the first two teams gone, I'm pretty much cool with everyone left, so I'll be torn as to whom to want to see stay or go each week.  Hell, I don't really want anyone to go!

But of the two listed above, I'd rather it be Amanda & Kris.  Alpha-couples going far is way too predictable, while women's going far is not.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2009, 02:11:46 PM »
I think this is an extended preview? Brad and Victoria MISS THEIR PLANE!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2009, 02:16:57 PM »
Oh Shoot not Brad and Vic! Hopefully bunching!

this goes with the video
The teams go to Romania and have to learn a gymnastic routine in order to advance. One team gets lost and doubts their decisions - catch all the action on the next Amazing Race Sundays on CBS!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2009, 02:19:57 PM »

TEAMS TRAVEL TO TRANSYLVANIA WHERE THEY MUST SEARCH THROUGH BURIED COFFINS FOR THEIR NEXT CLUE, WHILE A FIRST PLACE TEAM FINDS THEMSELVES STARING DOWN ELIMINATION AFTER AN UNEXPECTED DETOUR, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," MARCH 1 ON CBS
"I'm Not Wearing That Girls Leotard!" (Romania) - Teams scour the Transylvania countryside for buried coffins, while one of the Race's frontrunners finds themselves at the back of the pack when their plane makes an unexpected landing, on THE AMAZING RACE 14, Sunday, March 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

But the clue says nothing about missing a flight, its about an unexpected landing. Guess we'll have to look for the airport.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 02:29:33 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2009, 02:23:44 PM »
Look at that!  It's the Sound of Music Gazebo!

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2009, 02:32:29 PM »
pics are only as good as the video so sorry
Is that a clock on the olympic wall?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2009, 02:33:33 PM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2009, 02:33:43 PM »
NICE catch!! I loved that movie, lol...

The Sound of Music Pavillon: can be found at Hellbrunn Palace today, in the movie it was still located at Leopoldskron Palace. One of the most famous and romantic scenes was filmed here:  'I am 16 going on 17'
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2009, 02:34:43 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2009, 02:35:20 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2009, 02:35:58 PM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2009, 02:38:28 PM »

Yes! But this would normally be a clock used to time routines, not a "what time is it" clock...

but 2:408 could be?? :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2009, 02:39:55 PM »

Yes! But this would normally be a clock used to time routines, not a time clock...

but 2:408 could be?? :duno:
Thats what i couldn't remember. We went through this clock thing in TAR9 in Russia. Thanks peach.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2009, 02:43:03 PM »
Jaime is a bit tense, isn't she??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2009, 02:51:20 PM »
Didn't anyone tell these teams that Gypsies are world-reknown pickpockets and thieves?  And they left their valuables in plain sight.  But since all the Gypsies were hired as "extras" by TPTB they probably got their stuff back finally, just delayed them.

It looks like the task in gypsieland is to load all the belongings of one family in the wagon.  Gypsies do this all the time, they travel with the worldly possessions in their wagon.

If we see Tammy (in a gymnist shirt - do teams get to keep them?) in the cab and then at the rail station it looks like after landing in Bucharest, teams go to the gymnastic center for a Roadblock.  They have to perform the four routines associated with the Olympic All-around champion: balance beam, floor excersize, parrell bars (except this is a man's routine which Jen is doing), the women do uneven bars) and vault.  But since Jen or Kisha is doing a different routinte, perhaps the roadblocker only has to learn one of the routines.  I wonder is Mike has to do a flip on the beam? After completing the roadblock teams are told to make their way to the railway station and catch a train to Brasov. Note that Victor is holding a red roadblock clue in the cab with Tammy and it is night (dark) out.

Also note that the shot of Margie and Luke by the Austrian pit stop mat is in daylight.  They arrived just before sunset at 4:47PM so it looks like an extended 24-hour pitstop this time.

By the way, nice aerial shots of Bran Castle and Brasov which features the Black Church.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 03:09:51 PM by gingerman28 »