Author Topic: TAR Israel: Episode Discussions **may contain spoiler info**  (Read 63880 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR Israel: Episode Discussions **may contain spoiler info**
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 07:58:45 PM »
Thank you Sam for that link, I am glad to know the episodes will be there!

For anyone needing help watching, please reread  page one!  :flirt:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:52:08 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Sam‽

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sam's Reality Wiki
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 08:34:08 PM »
Looks like the first Roadblock is gonna be a bungee jump off of the Bloukrans Bridge.  :wohoo:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 08:38:57 PM »
Great pics of the Bloukrans Bungee here!

http://www.faceadrenalin.com/gallery.html

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 08:50:42 AM »
Oh wow, that is quite a bungee jump. I can't wait to see Hannah & Margalit do that. :P
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline sheshe

• RFF Newbie
Re: Amazing Race Israel Spoilers/Sightings
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2009, 12:56:29 PM »
I found hte site where you can watch the whole episode in SOuth Africa:

http://www.reshet.tv/newsite/programs/reality/the_%20amazing_%20race/the_amazing_race_prakim_meleeim.aspx

Offline sheshe

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2009, 02:43:31 PM »
recap good except for the stupid opinionated comments on the contestants...we dont even know them yet....but thanks for that...helps to clear up things...

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2009, 03:21:51 PM »
When second part of episode 1 is coming?, i can't wait who will be eliminated!!!!  :duno:
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2009, 03:46:41 PM »
When second part of episode 1 is coming?, i can't wait who will be eliminated!!!!  :duno:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,18342.msg373885.html#msg373885

If you NEED or WANT a link to watch, and are a registered RFF member with at least 5 posts, then PM or email me and I will direct you further.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 03:51:53 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2009, 03:48:16 PM »
sheshe, :welcome2: to RFF, many thanks for the info!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2009, 01:42:17 PM »
recap good except for the stupid opinionated comments on the contestants...we dont even know them yet....but thanks for that...helps to clear up things...

I only gave opinion of the contestants in the begining just to direct you to the right type cast - when you read the info provided things like "dysfunctional couple" , "hillbillies" or "psychotic lawyer&midget"beside are not there for some reason  :-[

in the recap itself I haven't made anything up , all the thing that where written (and I know what contestant you protect, I am sorry but she came out awful in this episode) where said on the show. you can blam the show's editors if you like...

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2009, 09:19:01 PM »
End of leg I

Asher & Maor are last but saved from elimination

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2009, 12:34:05 PM »
according to wiki this are the final positions for leg 1:

1st - Maya & Amichay - dating
2nd- Eliana & Yael - friends F/F
3rd - Michal & Ran - married
4th - Hadas & Inbal - friends F/F
5th - Gil & Tom - stepfather/stepdaughter
6th - Liran & Elena - beauty queens F/F
7th - Guy & Shay - business partners
8th - Alen & Inbal - formerly dating
9th - Hannah & Margalit - kibutz members
10th - Maor & Asher (NEL) - childhood friends

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2009, 12:37:41 PM »
Good for Hannah and Margalit
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2009, 05:59:38 PM »
Is the show in English or Hebrew? If it's in English, I may just go download it.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2009, 06:26:03 PM »
Is the show in English or Hebrew? If it's in English, I may just go download it.

in hebrew!!!
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2009, 08:41:31 AM »
Recap episode? (:;)

Loving the tasks that they're not copying off earlier versions. The fan puzzle, the bamboo dance, the Harajuku girls - if they weren't blatantly reusing displaced tasks (Finnish wife-carry in Vietnam?), I'd give them full points for creativity!

Double-length legs - no wonder Hannah (or is it Margalit?) wind up in hospital!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2009, 12:52:36 PM »
Wow...wish they had this captioned in English--it sounds great!! What a missed opportunity!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2009, 09:58:12 AM »
Aah. T'was a satisfying episode.

See? You can put Pit Stops at like the most famous attraction in a city!
*though it was very blatant product placement*

Such a waste of food... *craves Macanese peanut and almond cookies*

What tradition does Hong Kong have that would require a head shave? *stupid tasks hate* :dick
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 10:12:12 AM by Neobie »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2009, 12:03:39 PM »
AAARHHHH! That's my street! *dies. repeatedly.*

Very well-played, show! Highly recommended episode, even for those who haven't been following TAR:I. (It's the 1.01.54 clip on their website.)

Here's a local's take on how it stacks up against the other Hong Kong episodes...

TAR 2.7 7/10: Great showcase of Hong Kong's blend of new and old, featuring herbal recipes and fishing junks juxtaposed with cargo ports and skyscrapers. Also, the awesomeness of "Did you ever think in your life you'd be in Hong Kong?"

TAR 2.8 8/10: Visit to Tin Hau was pointless, but... lions versus dragons! Limousines to the airport! And Oswald/Danny stumbling upon Hong Kong's biggest claim to fame! Aah. Delicious.

TAR 11 2/10: Too much dawdling on stunts, and inventing fake "traditions". Goes against entire spirit of The Amazing Race. FAIL.

TAR:A 2 0.5/10: Thanks, show. Go all the way to Hong Kong for product placement and a pointless task. Half a point because Hong Kong = money, and they got that right.

TAR:A 3 6/10: Campy tasks, but can see how handbags and gutting fish are part of the locale. Fortune cookies, though? Disappointing. (Announcement: you will find more fortune cookies in any store in San Francisco's Chinatown than you will the whole of China.)

TAR:I 1.7A 8.5/10: Hong Kong as crowded busy money-making metropolis. Correct! The subway beating the taxi. Finally! Dumping them in the centre of town with no regard for spoilers. Yes! Good use of culture: the absence of 4s, ping pong and much more. Upping the herbal tea, yet staying perfectly acceptable bounds! Drawback: They're force-fitting that FF into every locale now.

Damn. Previews look badass!

Anyone want to weigh in on the portrayal of your city/country in TAR:US/TAR:A/TAR:I?

PS. I was/am totally that nerdy kid with the glasses. Minus the ping pong prowess.

Offline Anthonyctf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2009, 12:07:53 PM »

Very well-played, show! Highly recommended episode, even for those who haven't been following TAR:I. (It's the 1.01.54 clip on their website.)

Here's a local's take on how it stacks up against the other Hong Kong episodes...

TAR 2.7 7/10: Great showcase of Hong Kong's blend of new and old, featuring herbal recipes and fishing junks juxtaposed with cargo ports and skyscrapers. Also, the awesomeness of "Did you ever think in your life you'd be in Hong Kong?"

TAR 2.8 8/10: Visit to Tin Hau was pointless, but... lions versus dragons! Limousines to the airport! And Oswald/Danny stumbling upon Hong Kong's biggest claim to fame! Aah. Delicious.

TAR 11 2/10: Too much dawdling on stunts, and inventing fake "traditions". Goes against entire spirit of The Amazing Race. FAIL.

TAR:A 2 0.5/10: Thanks, show. Go all the way to Hong Kong for product placement and a pointless task. Half a point because Hong Kong = money, and they got that right.

TAR:A 3 6/10: Campy tasks, but can see how handbags and gutting fish are part of the locale. Fortune cookies, though? Disappointing. (Announcement: you will find more fortune cookies in any store in San Francisco's Chinatown than you will the whole of China.)

TAR:I 1.7A 8.5/10: Hong Kong as crowded busy money-making metropolis. Correct! The subway beating the taxi. Finally! Dumping them in the centre of town with no regard for spoilers. Yes! Good use of culture: the absence of 4s, ping pong and much more. Upping the herbal tea, yet staying perfectly acceptable bounds! Drawback: They're force-fitting that FF into every locale now.

Anyone want to weigh in on the portrayal of your city/country in TAR:US/TAR:A/TAR:I?

PS. I was/am totally that nerdy kid with the glasses. Minus the ping pong prowess.

Something about this episode
If ther's more night view of HK is much better
And I love the place where the task begin
Busy Yee Wo Street (Causeway Bay)
Famous Marine Product Street in Sheung Wan
And.............Beautiful Chinese Garden in Lai Chi Kok

Looking forward to seeing the next episode
Kung Fu in Sha Tin and ............
Where is the Pit Stop??

Offline Sam‽

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sam's Reality Wiki
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2009, 12:10:30 PM »

I would but they've only been to Scotland for a Highland Games Roadblock  (:;)

I absolutely loved this episode except for the head-shaving. That's that task been done in India, Brazil and now Hong Kong. Any places that I've missed? I liked the task with the numbers and then the safe.

All things considered this has been a great season so far. The only real drawback is that they keep copying tasks from other versions. The best tasks have been the ones they made up themselves.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2009, 12:19:26 PM »
If ther's more night view of HK is much better

Total agreeance. Hopefully the leg will drag on to the night next week! A perfect ten will never be achieved until they make use of Hong Kong's night lights... (Something like Macau last week would have been good!)

All things considered this has been a great season so far. The only real drawback is that they keep copying tasks from other versions. The best tasks have been the ones they made up themselves.

Total agreeance, again! I like their challenge producer. Number task could have been a liiitle bit better (less trivial numbers, please), but the tasks that they've come up with are sometimes genius.

(I thought TAR3 did Scotland pretty well, for the short time they were there!)

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2009, 01:04:27 PM »
I absolutely loved this episode except for the head-shaving. That's that task been done in India, Brazil and now Hong Kong. Any places that I've missed? I liked the task with the numbers and then the safe.
Actually, this is pretty obscure, but head shaving as a fast forward existed way back in season 2 in the Bangkok leg (Cyndi reported on TWoP that she and Russell were going to do it, but decideded against it because she heard Blake & Paige were going to). It was unused and unaired, though.

But I agree - this leg was perhaps the best of the season, minus the head shaving. And Guy & Shay and Maya & Amichay doing well. Everybody else here has spoken my mind, though, so no new thoughts. XD By the way, what was that one blonde doing in the previews that caused her to faint? Obviously it was to break through bricks, but does hurting your hand warrant taking an extended rest? :P
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline Sam‽

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sam's Reality Wiki
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2009, 01:18:40 PM »
Actually, this is pretty obscure, but head shaving as a fast forward existed way back in season 2 in the Bangkok leg (Cyndi reported on TWoP that she and Russell were going to do it, but decided against it because she heard Blake & Paige were going to). It was unused and unaired, though.

That's the one I forgot. I knew there was one somewhere else, it just slipped my mind when I was typing my post.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2009, 08:00:04 PM »

Just looking at your posts, it made me so much eager to return to HK! (And yes! I'm returning there quite soon!!!  :jumpy: :jumpy: :wohoo: :wohoo: I just hope any race would be filiming! Last time I returned there, TARA3 was filming on the very exact day I got lost in Central and in Mongkok - I was almost there with the racers and the clueboxes the whole time and didn't even see it!)
Just with the tasks and WIKI, I'm more than happy to see other sights and sounds of the place other than what we usually go to...

And Neobie, I quite agree now that TAR:AS HK leg was the worst of all complete Hong Kong legs.
And TARA2's Hong Kong drop by was the worst drop by to another country made by any race together with Germany during their season.

I'm quite eager to watch this show already!!! I just couldn't understand a thing  :'( :'( Just looking at the wiki makes me so excited to watch this!

I wish our US TAR would be equal to their greatness! I also wish TARA (whom they have the same producer in Israel - McKay?? Am I right??) be as good as this one, because they just proved that they could really make quality television!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)