Author Topic: TAR14 EP1: 'Don’t Let a Cheese Hit Me' (Switzerland)  (Read 129416 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP1: 'Don’t Let a Cheese Hit Me' (Switzerland)
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2009, 01:17:57 PM »
thanks peach for the heads up, glad I had it recorded!

A tv promo featuring Tammy and Victor (video later)

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2009, 01:58:39 PM »
I searched for a couple of hours last night looking for that darn chalet with the green shutters and flag poles.  no luck.     However I did come across a few places that I'd like to visit.   :lol:

I thought I was hot on a lead in Brienz at the Ballenberg open aire museum but i fell short.  :(  they have a number of chalets/farmhouses from all over Switzerland situated all over their grounds.  It looked like it could be a great llocation for a pitstop, e.g., go to Ballenberg and locate such house from the such and such location of Switzerland.
I searched the entire grounds but nothing matched and cried.   :lol:

http://ballenberg.ch/en/Welcome

I'll keep looking......

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2009, 02:01:36 PM »
I spent hours in Ballenburg too, but you are right, no match....

But this? I feel as though I saw this somewhere in those thousands of pics.... :duno:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2009, 02:03:14 PM »
That can't be a Pit Stop Tammy & Victor are at.  The camera angle just looks a bit too . . . I don't know . . . askew, or something.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2009, 02:09:07 PM »
I'm thinking its the plaza piazza Sant'antonio in Ticino ^^^^^

<< HQ toggle
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 02:31:56 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2009, 02:13:13 PM »
Here

I first approached the plaza piazza sant'antonio around 6pm (it gets dark here around 5:30pm now).  It is a little plaza in the old city (citta vecchia) which has some parking spots.  I tried to park my car and was waved away.  And there was a priest standing in front of the church, outside.  They did not appear to have been standing there for long.  It looked like they were just getting set up.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 02:17:19 PM by puddin »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2009, 02:27:36 PM »
They look happy. Top of the pack for leg 1. Mel and Mike are also in the video as Mel's head is shown. I would say that Tammy and Victor and Mel and Mike are in the top! Good luck with the pitstop but I really don't think I can find it until we manage to see more of it anyway!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2009, 02:30:50 PM »
That's it, thanks! I agree, kiwi! They sure look happy, wonder if they were leading the pack at this point?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2009, 02:39:56 PM »
Tammy says "we have to wait" as she goes back up the hill, suggesting to me that the first run with the cheeses was either not enough or done improperly, and now they have to "wait" their turn at another shot.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2009, 02:48:34 PM »
I was wondering about puddin's flagpoles with that sign. I can't read anything on it, other than "Welcome" in 5-6 languages. It got me to thinking that maybe it was a hostel. I don't know if it is the right place, but might have WRP taken over a hostel somewhere around Interlaken for the pit stop?

Who would pay attention to backpackers around a hostel, even with cameras around. It would maybe just appear as filming a commerical.  The mat appears to be on the side of the building to me, kinda out of sight. Like apskip has said before, TPTB seem to be doing a lot of stealth planning into the race activities to befuddle us, or it appears that way to me.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:00:14 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2009, 02:57:24 PM »
Welcome! Oh yes of course. It could be a hostel, hotel, motel, chalet or anything of that kind Dr. Rox!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2009, 02:59:12 PM »
I think I have checked most all the hostels without a match...  as well as a few hundred other auberges, inns, hotels, herbages, and guesthouses, :lol:

Y'all feel free to join in the hunt though! :yess:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2009, 03:09:30 PM »
here is a pic from a hostel in Interlaken with flagpoles.....still checking on more. It appears to be across the park from the big fancy hotel there....Victoria?  Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:13:36 PM by DrRox »

Offline Uncle Bill

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2009, 03:23:53 PM »
Hi everyone the same here I feel like I have been overthere with all the pictures I have looked at.
I thought I had it once because of a picture I saw of the Hotel Chalet Swiss in Interlaken it was a side picture and it match the windows some what but no flags.Then I saw a picture of the Weiden Market Place town gate it had the flags but I couldn't see the side of the building. Wellback to the pictures
I WILL TRY

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2009, 03:32:08 PM »
Tammy says "we have to wait" as she goes back up the hill, suggesting to me that the first run with the cheeses was either not enough or done improperly, and now they have to "wait" their turn at another shot.

We can get some idea of the time sequence for the teams.  Note in the background by the shed at the bottom with the man in the cap and jacket that there are two piles of two cheeses (there may be more, but we can not see them.)  Also Mel (or is Mike) is in the foreground before Tammy and Victor as they are climbing up the hill again, assembling his carry thing.  Did he fall and break it?  Tammy and Victor have no carriers with them.  Also when Mel and Mike finish their job, three other stacks of cheese wheels now have four each.  So quite a bit of time has now gone by, and at least three teams are now ahead of Mel and Mike.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2009, 03:34:21 PM »
Here is the Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof DrRox, I don't think it matches but nice try.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2009, 03:34:41 PM »
here is a pic from a hostel in Interlaken with flagpoles.....still checking on more. It appears to be across the park from the big fancy hotel there....Victoria?  Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof

This goes with your sign DrRox and yeah I've looked at every Hostel as well and notta

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2009, 03:38:43 PM »
Here is the Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof DrRox, I don't think it matches but nice try.

agreed but good try

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2009, 03:41:29 PM »

We can get some idea of the time sequence for the teams.  Note in the background by the shed at the bottom with the man in the cap and jacket that there are two piles of two cheeses (there may be more, but we can not see them.)  Also Mel (or is Mike) is in the foreground before Tammy and Victor as they are climbing up the hill again, assembling his carry thing.  Did he fall and break it?  Tammy and Victor have no carriers with them.  Also when Mel and Mike finish their job, three other stacks of cheese wheels now have four each.  So quite a bit of time has now gone by, and at least three teams are now ahead of Mel and Mike.

I think its a voice over,
V: we just signed
T: we have to wait

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2009, 03:43:08 PM »
Your earlier photo of that sign just got me to thinking what kind of place would have a sign like that. There isnt anything on it but welcome. But it did make me think of a hostel is all.

And as usual, peach is way ahead of me. I am not saying it is the place...just a suggestion as to type of location. It appears that they have done a recent remodel of the building. I think it is mostly brown now anyway.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:47:21 PM by DrRox »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2009, 03:52:49 PM »
I think welcome to a hostel, tourist info, rental place are all possible. I'm  hopeful something else will turn up, but I've certainly had a grand tour in the meantime! and puddin has prob seen every village twice by now... :funny: I think the best match for us will be that doorway...

at least it is beautiful, right?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2009, 04:27:57 PM »
Not trying to beat a dead horse, but the top of the building in the pit stop is brown....

and top of Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof is now brown too

Now I will go back into my room....  :)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2009, 04:30:47 PM »
Its possible but the mosaic that we can see a part of isnt there and I dont think it is it!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2009, 04:41:06 PM »
The window panes don't match, ours are 2 over 4, yours are 2 over 3. Shutter panels don't match, door doesn't match. The trouble is there are thousands of buildings that look very similar, the exact is a harder task to find.

Keep looking, that means you too kiwi!  :yess:

and why do we keep discussing old eliminations in the TAR 14 thread? ???

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2009, 04:49:38 PM »
enough with the donkeys guys

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but the top of the building in the pit stop is brown....

Not a match, sorry.