Author Topic: Survivor Tocantins EP1: "Let’s Get Rid of the Weak Players Before We Even Start"  (Read 36451 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Survivor Tocantins EP1: "tba"
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 09:06:35 PM »
....... latest promo pics

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:39:00 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 09:08:37 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 09:11:07 PM »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2009, 11:22:11 PM »
FIRST TV GUIDE PART FROM JEFF! :yess:

Jeff Probst: It's going to be extremely hard on them because of the heat. Anytime we can keep the game changed up is good for us.

We're trying to set a tone this season right off the bat about the importance of first impressions and we've got an opening twist that is going to speak to that. This season is going to open up with about a four hour trek to their respective camps. But before they start on their trek we're going to ask them to vote one person out of each tribe and the words I'll use will speak to the notion that maybe they're out of the game, they're not sure. Somebody's going to be voted out of the tribe. They're going to think it's a bad thing, what's actually going to happen is the rest of the tribe takes the trek but they will get helicoptered to the camp. So they'll skip the whole trek, they will have about a four hour head start. We're going to leave plenty of supplies to start building camp, we're also going to leave a clue to the location of a hidden immunity idol. They're not going to have enough time to do both. So the choice is going to be: do I try to change the first impression by starting work on the camp and see if I can get back into the good graces or do I just stay selfish and look for that idol and try to save myself for the first Tribal Council? I think it's going to set the tone for this season that you have to be aware of the social integration that is going on at all times.
Exile Island is desolate. It is a big sand dune. This year two people will go to Exile Island. The winning tribe will chose somebody from the losing tribe, that person will then chose somebody from the winning tribe. So there will always be two people out there. When they get out there they'll find two eggs, two choices. They'll have to figure out amongst themselves who gets which one. They break them open and inside one will be nothing, inside the other will be a note that says, "here's a clue to the location of the hidden immunity idol." Nobody except them will know it is back at their camp. Two, you also have power. You can decide to go back to your original tribe or you can mutiny and go back to the other tribe. So we're hoping to get some mutinies this season.

Also the challenge is explained in this summary from codayoda1221

I assume Jeff said that it happens at every exile, because he said "We are really hoping to see a few mutinies on exile island." The twists were revealed in about the first 5 minutes of the program. ETA: First challenge: Both tribes have two people stand behind at the stairs, the other 6 run through the dunes and into the river to grab planks. Once they bring the planks back and untie the knots, these are given to the two left behind where they figure out how to set it up and run up the steps to the top, where there is a maze with two handles that each tribe member holds and directs this string through, first duo to solve the maze raises their flag and gets immunity. Looked pretty even with the running but red had a slight edge. Sandy and Taj I believe were the duo doing the maze, and Erinn and someone else was doing the maze for black.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2009, 11:38:13 PM »
Could you please provide a link so we can credit the source Kiwi?

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 01:42:46 AM »
Thanks Kiwi , check out http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s18_tvgch_seg7.html

All i know is with that Exile Island twist I'm glad I'm not playing the Survivor games !

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2009, 01:03:03 PM »
Me too. I would love to play survivor but TAR is the one I have always dreamed of doing. So I wouldnt mind being Romber at this point! haha

Offline scuzneck

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2009, 01:27:25 PM »
I am just loving the "mutiny" angle on this....Just think of the game changing moments a mutiny could make. The only question is is anyone glib enough to convinvce someone to mutiny and is the person who mutinies going to have an advantage by doing so? Very Very interesting twist

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2009, 08:15:59 PM »
http://www.survivorfever.net/index18.html

Art Dept Preview and Twists Preview up. I cannot find any of this on doggon Youtube. So does anyone else have this or know where I can see it!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 11:19:03 AM »
some videos thanks to survivorphoenix

< HQ toggle

<< HQ toggle

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 11:25:34 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2009, 11:29:46 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2009, 11:32:03 AM »
survivorfever bootsheet
http://www.survivorfever.net/s18_bootsheet.html

Looks like Timbira Tribe loses the first IC based on the bootsheet & challenge speculation.
http://www.survivorfever.net/s18_challenge_speculation.html

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2009, 05:38:55 PM »
The mutiny twist is very interesting, but you need to be careful with your decision and make certain of two factors.  First, you need to make certain that your decision has nothing to do with emotional attachments and everything to do with strategy -- Candice's first mistake.  Second, you need to do it either at the right time or if you're the one on the outs.  If you mutiny too early, you're backstabbing your tribe before you really need to do so -- Candice and Jonathan made that mistake.  Remember the lessons these Cook Islands Survivors taught.

Belle Book

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2009, 09:47:08 PM »
Survivor Tocantins TV Guide Preview is up in about 8 parts on Youtube! Go check out if you havent seen it yet. Future challenges are also seen and Jerry and Debra are there if in fact it is a future challenge!  :hearts:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2009, 10:21:23 PM »
I just knew survivorphoenix would get them up! See I no longer have tvguide channel i have the lamo zapit channel.

Thanks VG!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/SPsurvivorvideos

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
WHEN THE CASTAWAYS ARRIVE IN THE UNFORGIVING WILDERNESS,
THEY ARE SHOCKED TO DISCOVER THAT THE GAME HAS BEGUN BEFORE THEY EVEN STEP FOOT IN CAMP, ON THE PREMIERE OF THE 18th INSTALLMENT OF "SURVIVOR TOCANTINS – THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS," THURSDAY, FEB. 12

"Let's Get Rid Of The Weak Players Before We Even Start" — Prior to the tribes embarking on a grueling first challenge where they have the opportunity to impress their tribemates, the castaways are faced with a surprise vote based solely on first impressions, on the premiere of the 18th installment of SURVIVOR: TOCANTINS — THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS, Thursday, Feb. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 05:51:29 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Found this by accident...not sure if we have it already or not??

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We do but thanks  :kuss:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Jeffs preview when ready

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
There has been talk of Candace being a first boot and I found this interesting. This was shot as always presumably after Tribal Council 1 thus the torches which Sucks has said and they have black stripes thus backing up Timbira first boot...(Although I have second-guesses) and then at 2:05-2:12 Jeff says "The girl that starts with C aint gonna like it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UXBjLF3qu8. Could be candace after all?!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
That's just an example, kiwi, a figure of speech...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Did you read what I said? I said it is possible but I am actually leaning towards something different!? I know that it might not be but it says Timbira goes to tribal before this and saying C might have something to do with it as he says she wont be happy and it is said she might cause a fight or something! being "bitchy"