Author Topic: TAR25: Dennis Hour & Isabelle Du "Dating Couple"  (Read 3448 times)

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR25: Dennis Hour & Isabelle Du "Dating Couple"
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2014, 04:27:54 PM »
Preparation couldn’t save Dennis and Isabelle from elimination on ‘Amazing Race’

To prepare for “The Amazing Race” Dennis Hour and Isabelle Du learned archery, practiced running with their backpacks, did mock races and even learned how to drive a shift stick and change a flat tire.

But the dating couple from Tustin, Calif., who were eliminated on the most recent episode of Season 25, learned they couldn’t prepare for everything when they got taken down by a punting challenge.

“You can’t (prepare for everything). You are going to have to over-prepare because you don’t know what’s ahead of you. They’re going to throw things all the time you’re not going to know about … that’s why it’s called ‘The Amazing Race,’” says Isabelle.

The couple started the leg in England, strong, but ran into trouble during a challenge that required them to punt through the water on a long, flat boat and do a lap around a small island in Oxford.

Dennis was tasked with guiding the boat with a rod but struggled navigating through the current and kept getting stuck in the same area.

“We should’ve grabbed onto the wall like the other teams did. We thought we were going to get dinged for that so we didn’t do that and by the time we figured that out we were racing for survival,” says Dennis.

By the time they got to the Pit Stop, they were the last team to arrive and were told by host Phil Keoghan they had been eliminated.

It was an emotional end for the “super fan” couple who trained so hard to be there.

“It was painful but at the same time it’s a dream for us and I think that’s why we were so emotional about it,” says Isabelle.

But even though they were eliminated, the couple says they don’t regret everything they did to get ready for the “Race.”

“A lot of people criticized us for over-preparing and I think it’s so funny when they say that, ‘Oh they lost because they over-prepared.’ Well what if we won and we had the same preparation? Would they say (that then)?” says Isabelle.

“You can’t over-prepare for a test. You can’t over-prepare for this,” says Dennis.

“It’s a million dollars at stake! Why wouldn’t you over-prepare,” says Isabelle.

Source:http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRace/Articles/News/amazing_race_S25_Dennis_Isabelle.aspx

Online claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm on probation right now, and please be careful.
    • Apprentice Talker
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2014, 07:11:13 AM »
INCORRECT and PERSONAL info removed..

read the rules please.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 09:36:49 AM by georgiapeach »

Online TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2014, 07:16:32 AM »
removed
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 09:37:19 AM by georgiapeach »
-I'm in too many games! (DBL III, AARG4, TARBvW, TARFF, TARFvF, S:Bali)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 06:57:49 PM »
"Ross Geller from Friends"  :cmaslol
"I don't drink. But when i do , i become another person. And that one , drinks a lot."