Author Topic: ♥♥♥ TAR14: Jennifer Hopka & Preston McCamy - Dating  (Read 37036 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
♥♥♥ TAR14: Jennifer Hopka & Preston McCamy - Dating
« on: January 26, 2009, 08:37:46 AM »
Biography
Jennifer Hopka (26); Preston McCamy (28)
Hometown: Columbia, S.C.
Relationship: Dating

Jennifer and Preston have been dating for nearly two years. In some ways, they have similar personalities but, for the most part, they couldn’t be more different. Preston is a laid back guy that is used to sticking to a routine, while Jennifer hates planning and enjoys spontaneity. One of the qualities they share is that they are both very strong minded individuals and, as a team, they hope to bring out the best in each other and solidify their relationship.

On several occasions they have broken up and made up. Jennifer is ready to plan for her future by either moving forward in her relationship with Preston or ending it and moving forward in her life without him, while Preston has taken the step of moving from Birmingham, Ala. to Columbia, S.C. to be closer to her but still has some reservations about what the future may bring.

Jennifer is currently studying nursing during the day and bartending at night. This self-described driven, outspoken and independent woman enjoys traveling, hanging out with friends and shopping. Preston is a software engineer who enjoys working out, hanging out with friends and watching Auburn football. Both are very active and competitive and they feel these qualities will help them work well as a team.

Watch CBS Videos Online
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 12:16:21 AM by puddin »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: • TAR14: Jennifer Hopka & Preston McCamy - Dating
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 09:14:23 AM »
You know i don't have a good feelin' with the name Jennifer.

And it does not help this team gives me a Nathan and Jennifer vibes.

Not going to say i'm hating this team already or what.. but i have a feeling i won't like them.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 09:18:07 AM »
Another Jennifer with past relationship issues. These guys look like they can bring it to the table, but I feel that they will fall short when it really counts. They should make it a long way, be entertaining, and bow out with a few legs to spare.

PREDICTION: 5th

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 10:08:13 AM »
I think they will be in the final 6 at least, my prediction.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 11:14:44 AM »
awww, love the "Gimmee sugah"!  Hope we see lots of that cute southern vibe, and not so much on the bickering! They are so cute! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 12:31:01 PM »
She does most of the talking. Could be an interesting dynamic, but I don't think she'll match Jennifer's deathstares at Nathan in TAR12.
Just here to visit.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 12:33:42 PM »
hahahha. I dunno about these two. They can either do great or good!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 12:36:08 PM »
They were the 1st team we had a clear picture of, and they seem like they could do well!

Love for Jennifer and Preston!  :hearts:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 07:05:33 PM »
I think they won't make the final 3, but they will be close. They will be one away, in fact. They look strong, but somehow they will not make the final 3.

Prediction: 4th place finish
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 07:07:24 PM »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 06:19:06 AM »
Ron/Kelly part deux

In one of their videos, she has already called him a jerk. I see lots of drama ahead......
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 09:07:23 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 03:23:47 PM »
I don't see Ron/Kelly. At least I don't see her getting on him for being a POW. :P
Just here to visit.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 08:18:16 PM »
So, basically, they'll bicker...but how intensely?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 10:21:33 PM »
Very. I am getting VERY bad vibes from them. The producers need to always have some drama for the show, don't they?

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 07:08:56 AM »
Very. I am getting VERY bad vibes from them. The producers need to always have some drama for the show, don't they?
Well, yes. Just imagine a season where everybody got along and nobody did or said anything bad to anybody. It would be awful. :P
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 11:02:18 AM »
It worked well for the first season of The Amazing Race Asia. There was some conflict, but not a whole lot and the season was still enjoyable. :)
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 11:21:33 AM »

S.C. 'Race' contestant wants shot in Playboy
By Natasha Derrick

Posted: Thursday, Jan. 29, 2009

Preston McCamy, a 28-year old Software Engineer, poses with Jennifer Hopka, a 26-year old student, both from Columbia, S.C. The couple will compete in "The Amazing Race 14," premiering Sunday, Feb. 15, at 8 p.m. on CBS. (AP Photo/CBS, Sonja Flemming)

Close to 11 million people likely will see Irmo native Jennifer Hopka on the CBS reality show “The Amazing Race” next month.

That's three times as many as would have seen her if she had made it into Playboy six years ago.

They just won't be seeing as much of her.

In 2003, the now 26-year-old Midlands Tech nursing student was flown to the Playboy Mansion in L.A. to take part in the search for the 50th Anniversary Playmate.

“It was one of the best times of my life,” the Dutch Fork High School graduate said during a phone interview with her “Amazing Race” partner and boyfriend, Preston McCamy. “I made a lot of new friends, and it was an experience that so many girls, and probably guys, would love to have, and I was a part of it.”

Thousands of girls were invited to compete for five top spots. Hopka posed for a centerfold picture that has never published. She does appear in the “Playboy - The Ultimate Playmate Search” DVD.

She was a bit unsure about the first photo shoot that earned her a spot in the competition. “I didn't think I'd have the guts to do it,” she admitted.

Perhaps her upcoming appearance on “The Amazing Race” will make her centerfold dreams come true. “I keep waiting for that call,” she said. “I hope that happens.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/118/story/503345.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 09:36:50 PM »
Yeah, I'm seeing this team as the villain team.  No one else seems to fit that mold this season.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline ULTIMAN

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 09:57:17 PM »
I don't know why they don't list their real 'hometowns'...Preston may be living in South Carolina, but that's recent. You see, he grew up in Dothan, Alabama, and was a classmate of mine at Northside Methodist Academy. Speaking as one who personally knew and grew up with him, he doesn't have a bad bone in his body. Of course I may be just a little biased, but hey, what can I say? I just got the news today through the gossip grapevine.

I can't speak for Jennifer, don't know her, but Preston was very well liked, very active in sports (particularly basketball in the '98 season), and was homecoming king his Sr year. He also has an older brother named William, who was too old for me to know as a classmate. After he graduated he went to Aurburn University, in Auburn, AL, and attempted to get a few gigs prior to TAR. You know the rest. I feel good knowing that he finally made part of his dreams come true. Now you all know some insider information, even our local news hasn't broken the story yet, but his fellow alumni love him back home.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 10:25:52 PM »
Thanks ULTIMAN for sharing, and :welcome: to the forum!

I agree, he seems great, I just wish we were getting to see them in the promos a bit more, we really haven't got to know them very well yet.

Can't wait to see their individual promo, hope they have one!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 12:38:22 AM »
Thanks ULTIMAN, its always nice to hear good things about our racers even though I already could tell that Preston is a really nice guy.

Offline ULTIMAN

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 03:21:47 AM »
Thanks for the hearty welcome!

I'm glad a place like this exists...I don't usually watch reality tv, but that's certainly about to change! He looks different than some of us remember him. He used to have a babyface, and his forehead was nothing but bangs. His jawline has filled out now, and of course the beard. I honestly wouldn't recognize him if I didn't hear his voice. I'll see if I can dig up my old yearbooks for some pictures.

I don't know if it's taboo to get into players' faith and beliefs during interviews, but he did come from a deeply religious upbringing, so it might come up.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 08:07:24 AM »
Welcome Ultiman to our little sandbox on the internet.

Thanks for the inside scoop on Preston. Every since we got the first pics of him, I had the feelin he was a good guy. I have been a War Eagle fan since about 1960 and I have never lived in Alabama. I will be pulling for Jennifer and him to do well.
Matthew 7:15

Offline ULTIMAN

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 11:11:32 PM »
How do I insert an image?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule: