Author Topic: ♥♥♥ TAR14: "Margie" & Luke Adams - Mother & Son  (Read 56281 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: ♥♥♥ TAR14: "Margie" & Luke Adams - Mother & Son
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2009, 12:29:19 AM »
Hey Luke!

Do you remember which hotel you stayed in while at sequester in LA? :lol:

Please don't answer that here Luke! eeeeek.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2009, 09:24:11 AM »
Hey Luke!

Do you remember which hotel you stayed in while at sequester in LA? :lol:

Please don't answer that here Luke! eeeeek.
That would help!  CBS is paranoid!
 :funny:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2009, 09:45:53 AM »
Luke,

You mentioned that you have been in contact with Collin of TARA2. How much of that season did you watch?
Just here to visit.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2009, 04:07:20 PM »
I just saw this in my Facebook Feed:

If thsis true, then:

BEST WISHES TO MARGIE!!!
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2009, 04:33:56 PM »
YES!! it is Margies Birthday :hearts:  :hbday: :party:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2009, 05:56:24 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARGIE!!!
 :hbday: :party:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2009, 07:29:11 PM »
Happy Birthday, Margie!!!
Just here to visit.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2009, 02:27:41 PM »
Aww, this is so cute. I'll make sure that my mom see this birthday page!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2010, 08:53:38 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS LUKE!!

Luke was named Deaf Person of the Year by Deaf Life Magazine, a HUGE honor!!  :hearts: :jumpy: :hearts:

Here is the cover story, and you can also read more in the original Deaf Person of the Month article:

http://www.deafpeople.com/dp_of_month/lukeadams.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2010, 01:08:56 AM »
There really weren't many (if any) struggles, but whatever. Congrats, Luke!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2010, 01:27:09 AM »
Kisha and Jen? that was probably it!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2010, 07:39:17 PM »
Luke, if you had gotten to the second U-Turn, and had seen that it was unused, without knowing where Tammy & Victor were, would you and your Mom have U-Turned Tammy & Victor without hesitation?

What do you think about teams using the U-Turn/Yield to settle personal grudges instead of using it to eliminate strong teams?

Finally, did you and your Mom ever seriously consider U-Turning Kisha & Jen because of the fight?

Thanks.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2010, 02:50:01 PM »
Luke, if you had gotten to the second U-Turn, and had seen that it was unused, without knowing where Tammy & Victor were, would you and your Mom have U-Turned Tammy & Victor without hesitation?

What do you think about teams using the U-Turn/Yield to settle personal grudges instead of using it to eliminate strong teams?

Finally, did you and your Mom ever seriously consider U-Turning Kisha & Jen because of the fight?

Thanks.

To answer your question, Slayton...

There's no questions that Mom and I would U-Turn Tammy & Victor in Beijing in a second if we knew we were ahead of them. But, if Tammy & Victor were ahead of us and didn't use U-Turn and we were next there, we would have u-turned Kisha & Jen in order to save Jaime & Cara.

I really hate how the teams only use U-Turn/Yield for personal reasons, not strategic reasons to eliminate strongest team. That annoys me pretty much. The Million Dollars' at the stake!

About u-turning Kisha & Jen, if we got a chance to do that, the fight won't be the reason, it'll be more as strategic reason since it was impossible to beat them in the footrace. Our U-Turn Target Order: Tammy & Victor then Kisha & Jen then Jaime & Cara.

Hindsight, Tammy & Victor should have u-turned us, not Kisha & Jen! I think the only one reason they didn't u-turned us so that way they wouldn't look like complete fool for forcing me to do a Chinese Waiter task which I couldn't hear & talk at all. I guess that's what saved my mom and me and propelled into the Final Three.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2010, 03:30:02 PM »
Thanks for the response, Luke.

About Tammy & Victor not U-Turning your team, in one of the insider videos for your season, Tammy & Victor, in a taxi in India, talked about how you and your Mom gave them money in one of the legs.

That might have played a role in their decision to not U-Turn your team.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2010, 05:22:53 PM »
Thanks for the response, Luke.

About Tammy & Victor not U-Turning your team, in one of the insider videos for your season, Tammy & Victor, in a taxi in India, talked about how you and your Mom gave them money in one of the legs.

That might have played a role in their decision to not U-Turn your team.

Oh that's right! I completely forgot about money we gave to Tammy & Victor in India. When they asked me for some money to lend them since they were pretty short with their money. At first, I was skeptical about giving them some money but then Mom made a valid point, "Since they need our help now and we might need their help down the road so don't turn them away, Luke. That may benefits us later."  I guess we made a right move.

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2010, 08:40:05 AM »
Luke, I think the reason it was Kisha and Jen that were U-Turned was that Tammy and Victor couldn't beat them in a foot race either. Also, they would've aced that pig task and that could've given them potential to beat Tammy/Victor.

Side note: Nice u hate the U-Turn for personal reasons. Maybe u could teach Louie and Mike a lesson.  :tup:
TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2010, 09:35:08 AM »
Luke, I think the reason it was Kisha and Jen that were U-Turned was that Tammy and Victor couldn't beat them in a foot race either. Also, they would've aced that pig task and that could've given them potential to beat Tammy/Victor.

Side note: Nice u hate the U-Turn for personal reasons. Maybe u could teach Louie and Mike a lesson.  :tup:

Kisha and Jen rocking the pig task would have probably been offset by their fear of water, remembering one of the clues had to be retrieved from a buoy in the ocean.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2010, 05:41:24 PM »
Luke,
I have a question that I believe you can answer best:

I have developed the impression over 16 seasons of watching the Amazing Race that the places where tasks will occur are always identified in clues in both English and the local language when it was not English. The rationale for this would be to allow taxi drivers who do not speak English to be utilized and to be able to show it to locals who do not speak English. Is this true not at all? some of the time? or all the time? Can you provide some examples.

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2010, 04:43:34 AM »

Kisha and Jen rocking the pig task would have probably been offset by their fear of water, remembering one of the clues had to be retrieved from a buoy in the ocean.

I think Kisha could've done that for the team. She doesn't have an issue with water it's Jen who's hydrophobic.
TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]