Author Topic: Joe Dowdle  (Read 10369 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Joe Dowdle
« on: January 13, 2009, 12:22:08 PM »
Commercial Real-Estate Broker
Austin, TX
Tribe: Jalapao

This 26-year-old southern gentleman and savvy businessman was raised in a single parent household along with his sister. Joe is eternally grateful to his mother for all the sacrifices she made while he was growing up. He currently works in real estate investment sales and enjoys spending his free time strumming his guitar, tossing around a football and hanging out with friends. He is definitely a man who takes pride in hard work and being a Texan.

Joe truly is a genuine Texas Cowboy. After a rigorous selection process in combination with a high GPA from the University of Texas at Austin, he was selected to join the Texas Cowboys, which is a service organization where members act as ambassadors for, according to Joe, "the greatest university in the world," the University of Texas. When he is not working or volunteering his time, Joe enjoys playing basketball and golf in addition to spending time working out and running.

He feels that he will be the next person to win SURVIVOR because he is dedicated, goal oriented and plans to use a strategy he calls "persuade and evade." He intends to constantly look for alliances and win challenges, all while staying just below the radar. He doesn't like overly dramatic people and hates to lose. Unfortunately he may be faced with both in his attempt to become the next sole SURVIVOR.

Joe Dowdle is single and resides in Austin, Texas. His birthday is June 29.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 01:34:44 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Joe Dowdle
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 11:34:08 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 09:48:35 PM »
A physical threat, but not a favourite as of now. But might like him if he's nice.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 06:40:53 AM »
Typical alpha-male who probably makes early jury? Neutral as for now, he just seems alright.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline JAG

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 10:30:38 PM »
I hope he goes all the way! I was drawn his name in a Survivor pool I play in lol.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 03:59:08 PM »
Mostly UTR except the part when they went to eat termites.

Offline gbarefoot

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 02:14:14 PM »
Check out Joe's Music.

www.myspace.com/joedowdle

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 02:00:59 AM »
Survivor's Joe Dowdle Loses Game But Keeps His Leg

Survivor: Tocantins took a disappointing turn this week as Joe Dowdle's leg infection forced him home and canceled the need for a Tribal Council. Though show medics feared the infection might cost the Texan his leg or even his life, he's now fully recovered, and spends his days working in real estate and playing music around Austin. He talked to us about his picks to win and why it's best to be up-front about who you are.

TVGuide.com: Hopefully you're talking to us with two legs.
Dowdle: Yes, I am, fortunately. Got a little scar on there.

TVGuide.com: Can you tell us exactly how the infection got so bad?
Dowdle: It was one of the immunity challenges and it was the one where we were pushing the blocks. We were stacking them up. I scraped it. And then in that lacrosse slingshot challenge I think it got infected because later that night it started aching, and then that morning it was inflamed and it just kept going.

TVGuide.com: But it didn't hurt too much? You really wanted to stay in Tocantins.
Dowdle: No, it was very painful, dude. I was relieved as much as I was disappointed to leave. It was painful toward the end, you know? ... What I do know is my mental game was mainly focusing on my leg. So toward the end, I really didn't have the focus and the energy and the concentration to actually play the game, so that would have been a huge problem, going forward, obviously.

TVGuide.com: Now that you can watch this as an observer, who are you rooting for and who do you think is in the lead?
Dowdle: I think Taj, Stephen and J.T., they're all in a good spot. ... Tyson and Coach are getting involved, and it looks like Erinn is ready to play the game based on last night. I'm rooting for Jalapao [the tribe in which he competed].

TVGuide.com: We talked to Spencer a while back and he said one of the reasons he didn't come out to other competitors is that some of you were from Texas and the South — that because of that you might not be supportive of his being gay. Is that true at all?
Dowdle: That's not true at all. I would've liked to have seen Spencer just come out with who he is and played the game like that because I think in hiding one part of your personality you take away from what you're capable of.

What do you think? Who looks best in Survivor?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Survivors-Joe-Dowdle-1004975.aspx

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 05:34:10 PM »
Joe's commentary about the immunity challenge

Posted by CBS

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 09:40:55 AM »
His leg looked terrible. EWWWWWWW!

I was pulling for my fellow Austinite but there was no way he could stay and I'm glad he wasn't humiliated at TC with that fake idol.  :(  (Not to say it isn't amusing to see it go down when they think they have the real idol...)  :snicker:

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 09:46:18 AM »
I was hoping our local paper would have something about Joe, but nothing so far.  (:;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 10:27:02 AM by TexasLady »

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 02:18:55 PM »
His leg looked terrible. EWWWWWWW!

I was pulling for my fellow Austinite but there was no way he could stay and I'm glad he wasn't humiliated at TC with that fake idol.  :(  (Not to say it isn't amusing to see it go down when they think they have the real idol...)  :snicker:

Actually, I was really hoping that he would use it!  But if he was from my area, then I would probably would not want him to use it either.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 02:45:29 PM »
Outlasting Tribal Injuries with Joe Dowdle of Survivor Tocantins

Throughout all of the seasons of CBS' Survivor, injuries haven't taken too many survivors out of the game. It all started with Michael back in Outback during the second season of Survivor when he fell into the fire hands-first. Last week on Survivor Tocantins it was Austin, Texas Real Estate salesman, Joe Dowdle, who was bitten by the injury bug and had to be air-lifted to hospital after nursing an infection that wouldn't go away.

Although Joe made it to the Survivor Tocantins merge, the ex-Jalapao tribe member couldn't hang around long enough to form new alliances since Survivor host Jeff Probst noticed the cut on Dowdle's knee was swelling out of control. However, the Tocantins twist in the episode came after the merged Jalapao tribe members took control of the game but were told there wouldn't be a Tribal Council due to Joe's injury. After Jeff let the newly merged "Forza" tribe know they'd be continuing the game minus a tribe mate, Joe was air-lifted to hospital in Brazil to make sure the injury didn't put his life in jeopardy.

The morning after the most recent episode of Survivor Tocantins, we grabbed our Survivor first-aid kit and headed for the phone lines to chat with the now ex-Survivor Tocantins tribe member, Joe Dowdle, to find out when the injury happened, when he knew that he was out of the game, how he was going to play the fake immunity idol, and what it was like to crave peanut butter pizza.

THE DEADBOLT: Since we didn’t see a typical ending at Tribal Council, are you going to be the first jury member?

[Survivor Tocantins CBS] JOE DOWDLE: I am not. I missed the jury.

THE DEADBOLT: When did you actually injure your knee?

JOE: It happened at the immunity challenge where we were rolling blocks and stacking them up, still with Jalapao, I scraped it. And then at the lacrosse slingshot one I fell and kind of felt some stuff go in there and I woke up the next morning and it was already off and running.

THE DEADBOLT: Oh, so you injured it way back when Jerry got voted off?

JOE: Yeah, and it just progressively got worse and worse, as you saw.

THE DEADBOLT: As soon as Jeff told you to hang back for medical, did you have a feeling that it was all over right then?

[Survivor Tocantins CBS] JOE: My first natural thought was that they were going to tell me the idol was fake, because I suspected it all along. I don’t know why I thought that. But then, yeah, once he said the medics were going to come over I realized they were going to really lean on me hard to take me out of there. It wasn’t really a decision on my part. It seemed more like a policy for them, like they had already decided it.

THE DEADBOLT: So before the infection took you out, how were you going to steer the game with the fake idol?

JOE: I was going to use it for fire wood, man. I was going to show up at Tribal Council and drop it in the fire.

THE DEADBOLT: [laughs] But at the time you didn’t know it was fake, did you?

JOE: I considered the possibility. I’m being honest, and I wasn’t sold on it at all, actually. When I recovered it, I had my adrenaline pumping, got it .. You know, my first thought was it was this yarn with beads on it, which it was, and that’s why I didn’t give it to Syd and that’s why I never played it. But I wanted it to be real, I tell you that much.

[Survivor Tocantins CBS] THE DEADBOLT: Last week I asked Sydney why you didn’t give her a heads up to how the tribe was voting. I know you didn’t tell her about the idol, but why didn’t you tell her what was going to happen?

JOE: I did tell her what was going to happen.

THE DEADBOLT: Okay. But we really didn’t see that on TV and she didn’t really allude to that either.

JOE: Yeah, I let her know, man. J.T., Stephen, and I talked, and we went back and forth between Taj and Sydney, and obviously I didn’t know anything about Taj, and now I know why they voted the way they did and I let Syd know. I was like, ‘I think they’re going to vote for you. I trust you. I’m going to stick with you.’ And that’s what happened, man.

THE DEADBOLT: Which challenge was your favorite?

JOE: [laughs] The ones we won. No, probably the one where we were spinning everybody around. That was kind of fun to watch happen.

THE DEADBOLT: Since Jalapao didn’t have the numbers on their side, who were you looking to hook up with after the merge?

[Survivor Tocantins CBS] JOE: Well, I wanted to reach out to Erinn and utilize that relationship after the merge. And I kind of primed that up to her, as she could even out our numbers and she’d be safe and all of that good stuff.

THE DEADBOLT: That’s not a bad plan.

JOE: Yeah, I actually did do some strategizing in the game. It doesn’t really come off like that, though.

THE DEADBOLT: What particular food did you crave the most?

JOE: Peanut butter pizza.

THE DEADBOLT: [laughs] So what’s a peanut butter pizza?

JOE: That would’ve been just pizza with peanut butter on it.

THE DEADBOLT: Seriously?

JOE: Yeah, dude, it was weird. And cheeseburgers, too.

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/105617/survivorjoedowdle_interview.php

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 09:06:22 AM »
Actually, I was really hoping that he would use it!  But if he was from my area, then I would probably would not want him to use it either.

Well, if it happened to be someone named Coach, even if they were an Austinite..... I would have LOVED to see that someone pull it out at TC. :snicker:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 01:00:36 PM »

Well, if it happened to be someone named Coach, even if they were an Austinite..... I would have LOVED to see that someone pull it out at TC. :snicker:
I don't blame you for Coach!   :funny:
What other time did that happen? I remember China when Jamie did it.  Did it happen any other time?

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 01:22:57 PM »
I don't blame you for Coach!   :funny:
What other time did that happen? I remember China when Jamie did it.  Did it happen any other time?

I can't remember, I don't think so but I could be so wrong! LOL

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 10:22:41 AM »
Secret Scene: Joe

Posted by CBS