Author Topic: rewatching season 4  (Read 12154 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
rewatching season 4
« on: January 05, 2009, 11:15:31 PM »
Hated hated the first episode, predictable eliminated team but leg 2 picked up and I'm already on leg 4 and can't stop watching! Now officially in a TAR coma  :yess:
peach.........call me if something exciting happens around here pretty please  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: rewatching season 4
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 11:23:05 PM »
She is insatiable, :lol: or just TARcrazy?!

I've seen every season at least twice, but I really don't think I could watch all the seasons in a week, :funny:

Will do...but when are we doing our LOST marathon?? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 11:28:14 PM »
Well I watched 24 Redemption tonight so am caught up on that peach but Lost might have to wait, besides its still fresh in my mind.

back to TAR 4 .. crazy looking clue box on Ponte della Guglia Bridge in Venice but when teams arrive bingo!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 11:31:08 PM »
there were a lot of fast forwards in season four that didn't make sense...most teams used them after they completed the detour...
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 12:28:29 AM »
true that cdfe! Also lots of mistakes, but some of the best quotes ever!
We also had the nic names..The Supremes, BFG's, Millie the Mole, Chip n Dale, and Viper and Goose to name a few, lmao!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 12:33:31 AM »
Molly the Mole made me laugh out loud. I felt bad for Chuck & Millie because they were always tagged with "Virgins" under their names. :lol:

But this is really where I truly fell in love with the race. You had Jon & Al for fun, Kelly & Jon for humor (although he was racist against Asians, I didn't like that), Steve & Dave for threatening to slash tires, David & Jeff for having no personality whatsoever, and Chip's intensity that I was practically rooting for he and Reichen to flip the car in Australia :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 12:53:56 AM »
puddin. I have 10 seasons on DVD and 2 on Tape recorded and NZ is waiting for TAR 13. Last night you enticed me to watch TAR3 again and I really enjoyed it  :hugs: :kuss: I loved it TAR 3 was fab
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 12:56:01 AM »
leg 5! Amsterdam! dig through cow manure or "lets do poo!"! The clowns flinging poo at each other :lol: ! Reichen n Chip in clogs carrying cheese to avoid the poo!  :lol: Fast Forward = strapped to the sail of a windmill!  :funny:
Crazy tasks love! Phil in turtleneck love!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 01:00:58 AM »
Catch 25 LIVE EEL Roadblock! OMG!  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: re watching season 4
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 01:27:54 AM »
Molly the Mole made me laugh out loud. I felt bad for Chuck & Millie because they were always tagged with "Virgins" under their names. :lol:

But this is really where I truly fell in love with the race. You had Jon & Al for fun, Kelly & Jon for humor (although he was racist against Asians, I didn't like that), Steve & Dave for threatening to slash tires, David & Jeff for having no personality whatsoever, and Chip's intensity that I was practically rooting for he and Reichen to flip the car in Australia :lol:
Great cast, very memorable and lovable but wow some were vile to each other! I'm stopping now, leg 6 will have to wait until tomorrow zzzzzzzzz
I remember that this is the first season that I played an game on-line and every week thought that Steve & Dave would be next to go, they really did have some good luck thanks to other teams misfortunes but they are gone now  :'(

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 04:37:34 AM »
Did Tian and Jaree grow on anybody else over the course of the season?

I hated them to begin with, but then they kind of just found their way into my "All Stars" list.

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 07:21:38 AM »
Did Tian and Jaree grow on anybody else over the course of the season?

I hated them to begin with, but then they kind of just found their way into my "All Stars" list.
I'd have to agree with you there. At first (especially at the cafe in Cortina d'Ampezzo), I thought they were hopelessly stupid, but they did grow on me and kind of proved me wrong.
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 09:49:35 AM »
I think Tian and Jaree did improve their likability throughout AR4. However, I rate them as middle-of-the-road racers, definitely not All-Star material. That would have been different if they had succeeded in knocking out Reichen/Chip in the Alleppy finish.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 10:41:09 AM »
I think Tian and Jaree did improve their likability throughout AR4. However, I rate them as middle-of-the-road racers, definitely not All-Star material. That would have been different if they had succeeded in knocking out Reichen/Chip in the Alleppy finish.
and how can we forget the sexist roadblock? (the one nobody thought a girl would do)
I too fell in love with TAR in this season...I remember seeing a marathon in AXN but I missed some episodes in the middle because I went out for lunch...and the next day TAR5 started airing...

Most memorable thing IMO:
"mmmmilliemielliemillliemoooooleeeee"
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 11:09:38 AM »
One of my all-time favorite tasks, the ladder climb with the bat and bird guano. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 11:17:14 AM »
One of my all-time favorite tasks, the ladder climb with the bat and bird guano. :lol:
now that i think about it...wasn't there a lot of poo this season?
The story so far:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 04:13:56 PM »
I have been watching the seasons I had never seen before (I first saw season 9). Season 4 has been a season full of really difficult tasks that I wish they would still do. I loved the dragging through mud Roadblock!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 04:37:51 PM »
I have been watching the seasons I had never seen before (I first saw season 9). Season 4 has been a season full of really difficult tasks that I wish they would still do. I loved the dragging through mud Roadblock!
Some of the tasks in the first seasons make the most recent seasons seem so meh. Like I said before, some of the magic left after season 7, sadly.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 04:59:42 PM »
Some of the tasks in the first seasons make the most recent seasons seem so meh. Like I said before, some of the magic left after season 7, sadly.
I think the task designers went soft
The story so far:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 08:26:59 PM »
I liked the tasks of season 4 too.  The one thing I didn't like about was at the end most of the teams were very boring.  It just doesn't have the great excitement like the other seasons (Besides Seasons 12 and 13)
It didn't really have all of the suspense the amazing race should have.
 :res:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 04:26:57 PM by Snooky101 »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 09:05:29 PM »
I remember 3 things as particualrly interesting in AR4:

1. David and Jeff flying to Sydney instead of north
2. Tian doing the bull-surfing in Alleppy
3. Tain and Jaree failing to eliminate Reichen/Chip in the final DETOUR when they started that task with a lead

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 09:49:22 PM »
ep7, getting dragged thru mud and poo by the bulls EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW  :lol:
Riding the elephants, Kelly: "I got a chain up my cookie!!" Jon: "I'm in so much pain. I would have rather got dragged by the bulls for 2 hours than go on that elephant for 5 minutes.., it hurt that bad" Kelly: You? my cookie killing me"  :funny:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 10:48:38 PM »

:hearts: watched from season 1 really enjoyed season 4 loved season 7 and Phil ages like a fine bottle of wine  :sucks

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 04:23:57 PM »
are you done with s4 yet, puddin?
The story so far:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 04:48:37 PM »
are you done with s4 yet, puddin?
I think I'm going onto EP9, real life got in the way as well as some pretty good tv shows. I'm going to try to finish it tonight! Can't wait to see who wins  :lol:  :snicker: