Author Topic: rewatching season 3  (Read 19204 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
rewatching season 3
« on: January 02, 2009, 04:49:18 PM »
Yeah so I had some time to kill  :lol:

Most surpising to me is that I don't remember half the teams, probably telling of which teams are eliminated early.

Aaron & Arianne , Michael & Kathy, Heather and Eve, Gina & Sylvia, Tramel and Talicia.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 05:07:58 PM by puddin »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: rewatching season 3
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 05:01:58 PM »
although S3 offered no memorable shouting lady ("LENEEEE", "MEREDITH!", etc) that I can think of right now
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 05:15:26 PM »
I'm on episode 2 and am tired of the driving and bus's but the scenery is pretty cool  The Fast Forward was cool though, the valaderos or however you spell it, hanging by your feet.  Uh OH! Bus crash!!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 05:20:05 PM »
it's "voladores" (fliers)
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 05:47:17 PM »
Because I only started watching this season around the Switzerland leg, I can't say I have too much input here other than I liked Flo & Zach because Zach and I share a first name.

By the way, cdfe, Flo isn't a memorable shouting lady? ;) (On second thought, though, she's more like a memorable temper tantrum lady)
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 06:46:53 PM »
Zach was a saint for putting up with Flo. Her behavior during the race was reprehensible.

I think I'm the only one who like Aaron & Arienne. Maybe it's because she took off her shirt in the taxi. :P

I did not Ian & Terri this time around, but loved them in All-Stars. I did not know at the time of TAR3, that Eye-an had just quit smoking and was going through a personal hell at the time. Now that I know, I give him a bit of a pass for his behavior.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 08:34:50 PM »
Ian and Teri didn't grow on me until half way thru, only because Teri looks so much like my bf's mom who I cannot stand! Once I got past that though I came to admire them, they were good racers and actually found myself being happy if they had won. Ken and Gerard I didn't care for, I think it was them not helping the twins which caused their elim that made me not like them, I nener got over that and am not enjoying this season as much as I thought I would but hopefully it will get better, I'm now only on episode 3 but am taking a break, it can't hold my interest for too long.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 09:05:59 PM »
Awww. I loved Ken & Gerard, especially their punting adventure. The Doublemint twins were not my favorite team and Flo? Goodness, don't get me started on her.

But overall, this was not as good as the first two seasons. But I really liked Jon Vito & Jill in this season and after meeting Jon Vito at TARCon XII, I saw how truly nice he was.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 11:20:14 PM »
Remember, I didn't have internet the first 3 seasons so who you all hated on I was the opposite! Thats why I'm able to keep an open mind when watching I think. For no internet, out of 3 seasons, I picked 2 of the final 2 as well as the winners once. Season 4 winners were so obvious though ....o_O

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 03:32:45 AM »
I think I'm the only one who like Aaron & Arienne. Maybe it's because she took off her shirt in the taxi. :P

GIRLS GONE WILD! = unforgettable TAR moment
The story so far:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 06:02:25 PM »
Aaron & Arienne, I can't stand them! LOL
EP3 finally picked up after 20 some minutes of fighting for flights, would like to have seen more of Cambridge. Ken and Gerard falling in the water during the punting detour was a riot, I loved the peanut gallery on the bridge :lol:. Teri rocked the Aberdeen, Scotland roadblock, wow they had some close calls, lucky for them Dennis and Andrew were just too far behind.
Loved loved loved Aberdeen's scenery and castle.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 06:47:08 PM »
leg 4, Phils awkward explanation of the penalty to Heather and Eve for taking the taxi instead of walking therefor saving Aaron and Arianne. Wow, another surprise turn of events for me, I guess I didn't follow the first half of this season to closely.
Again, another leg full of equalizer hate!!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 07:15:38 PM »
puddin, you're tempting me watch them all over again :cmaslol
The story so far:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 07:22:57 PM »
Flo's meltdown, rappelling in Cabo da Roca  :funny:!!  >> Flo = :crybabe:
Putting unleaded fuel in the diesels! This episode I remember  :wohoo:

puddin, you're tempting me watch them all over again :cmaslol
  :jumpy:! Go for it cdfe! I should have done this months ago because now I'll never get to season 7 before season 14 starts , damn!  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 07:46:31 PM »
Roadblock! Clue in VATS! I loved this challenge!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 08:03:05 PM »
I'd like to do a mega marathon with all seasons back to back, but I can only watch 10 episodes before mentally dying.
The story so far:

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 08:04:24 PM »
I'd like to do a mega marathon with all seasons back to back, but I can only watch 10 episodes before mentally dying.
At the next TARCon there should just be a massive room dedicated to a TAR marathon. XD That would draw in many dozens of people.
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2009, 08:07:11 PM »
At the next TARCon there should just be a massive room dedicated to a TAR marathon. XD That would draw in many dozens of people.
idea!
TAR Marathon contest. Last fan standing gets all seasons in DVD
The story so far:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 06:10:54 PM »
I love the crazy route, i had to rely on wiki to help me  :lol:

Portugal → Spain → Morocco → Germany → Austria → Germany --Switzerland

Oh and some of the places they went, Switzerland alone !!
Grindelwald (Gletscherschlucht)
Kandersteg (Cheese House)  (Red Bridge) 
Montreux (Chateau de Chillon) (Steamship Savoie) 

back to back NON -ELIMS!
2 Hour special!
Phil messing with the teams at the pitstop love! The browsie! Finally the Browsie!
The foot races to the mat, notably the foot race to Neuschwanstein Castle pitstop!
the bungee jump off the Red Bridge!

off to watch part 2 of leg 9  :wohoo:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 08:00:47 PM »
John Vito and Jill  :'(
Derek & Drew :crybabe:

on to the 2 hour season finale! I just know in my heart had the twins survived Vietnam they would have won! Must have more model/twins CBS!! My god these guys are drop dead gorgeous!

Flo's meltdown, 24 hour train ride torture love  :funny: "I'm miseable, going to have a breakdown on this train .. I don't want to do this anymore..." "I feel like I'm trapped  ...........I feel like i'm in hell"  :lol:

pausing here to watch Cold Case  :sucks

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 08:07:03 PM »

torture love   "I'm miserable, going to have a breakdown on this train .. I don't want to do this anymore..." "I feel like I'm trapped  ...........I feel like i'm in hell" 

Hmmmm... Flo sounds just like us b****ing about updating BB! :lol:

John Vito is a honey...super nice guy!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 08:49:09 PM »
Ian and I are very close to the same age. I thought he was pretty over the top for the first part of TAR3. But after he put gas in the SUV, I was just fed up with him. When he got the "stuff" to repair the damage from the all night gas station and got back on the road with minimal time loss, I started pulling for them. I think it goes with our generations tinkering with our cars when we were young. It was pretty funny to me that the other 3 teams, all "young uns" just sat and waited for someone to fix their problems. It pretty much mirrors our society today, as a matter of fact.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 09:38:03 PM »
Loved this series and I hope it is much like series 14 were it is a *spoiler* . Loved this series and loved Teri and Ian and their gruff nature . It made me love them more  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:31:06 PM by puddin »
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 09:38:33 PM »
Jeepers. I didnt even realise I have reached 1000 posts  :yess:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2009, 09:44:24 PM »
Congratulations kiwi!!  :jumpy: :jam: :wohoo: :nana :pickle: :pickle: :nana :wtg: :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.