Author Topic: rewatching season 3  (Read 19319 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
rewatching season 3
« on: January 02, 2009, 04:49:18 PM »
Yeah so I had some time to kill  :lol:

Most surpising to me is that I don't remember half the teams, probably telling of which teams are eliminated early.

Aaron & Arianne , Michael & Kathy, Heather and Eve, Gina & Sylvia, Tramel and Talicia.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 05:07:58 PM by puddin »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: rewatching season 3
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 05:01:58 PM »
although S3 offered no memorable shouting lady ("LENEEEE", "MEREDITH!", etc) that I can think of right now
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 05:15:26 PM »
I'm on episode 2 and am tired of the driving and bus's but the scenery is pretty cool  The Fast Forward was cool though, the valaderos or however you spell it, hanging by your feet.  Uh OH! Bus crash!!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 05:20:05 PM »
it's "voladores" (fliers)
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 05:47:17 PM »
Because I only started watching this season around the Switzerland leg, I can't say I have too much input here other than I liked Flo & Zach because Zach and I share a first name.

By the way, cdfe, Flo isn't a memorable shouting lady? ;) (On second thought, though, she's more like a memorable temper tantrum lady)
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 06:46:53 PM »
Zach was a saint for putting up with Flo. Her behavior during the race was reprehensible.

I think I'm the only one who like Aaron & Arienne. Maybe it's because she took off her shirt in the taxi. :P

I did not Ian & Terri this time around, but loved them in All-Stars. I did not know at the time of TAR3, that Eye-an had just quit smoking and was going through a personal hell at the time. Now that I know, I give him a bit of a pass for his behavior.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 08:34:50 PM »
Ian and Teri didn't grow on me until half way thru, only because Teri looks so much like my bf's mom who I cannot stand! Once I got past that though I came to admire them, they were good racers and actually found myself being happy if they had won. Ken and Gerard I didn't care for, I think it was them not helping the twins which caused their elim that made me not like them, I nener got over that and am not enjoying this season as much as I thought I would but hopefully it will get better, I'm now only on episode 3 but am taking a break, it can't hold my interest for too long.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 09:05:59 PM »
Awww. I loved Ken & Gerard, especially their punting adventure. The Doublemint twins were not my favorite team and Flo? Goodness, don't get me started on her.

But overall, this was not as good as the first two seasons. But I really liked Jon Vito & Jill in this season and after meeting Jon Vito at TARCon XII, I saw how truly nice he was.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 11:20:14 PM »
Remember, I didn't have internet the first 3 seasons so who you all hated on I was the opposite! Thats why I'm able to keep an open mind when watching I think. For no internet, out of 3 seasons, I picked 2 of the final 2 as well as the winners once. Season 4 winners were so obvious though ....o_O

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 03:32:45 AM »
I think I'm the only one who like Aaron & Arienne. Maybe it's because she took off her shirt in the taxi. :P

GIRLS GONE WILD! = unforgettable TAR moment
The story so far:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 06:02:25 PM »
Aaron & Arienne, I can't stand them! LOL
EP3 finally picked up after 20 some minutes of fighting for flights, would like to have seen more of Cambridge. Ken and Gerard falling in the water during the punting detour was a riot, I loved the peanut gallery on the bridge :lol:. Teri rocked the Aberdeen, Scotland roadblock, wow they had some close calls, lucky for them Dennis and Andrew were just too far behind.
Loved loved loved Aberdeen's scenery and castle.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 06:47:08 PM »
leg 4, Phils awkward explanation of the penalty to Heather and Eve for taking the taxi instead of walking therefor saving Aaron and Arianne. Wow, another surprise turn of events for me, I guess I didn't follow the first half of this season to closely.
Again, another leg full of equalizer hate!!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 07:15:38 PM »
puddin, you're tempting me watch them all over again :cmaslol
The story so far:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 07:22:57 PM »
Flo's meltdown, rappelling in Cabo da Roca  :funny:!!  >> Flo = :crybabe:
Putting unleaded fuel in the diesels! This episode I remember  :wohoo:

puddin, you're tempting me watch them all over again :cmaslol
  :jumpy:! Go for it cdfe! I should have done this months ago because now I'll never get to season 7 before season 14 starts , damn!  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 07:46:31 PM »
Roadblock! Clue in VATS! I loved this challenge!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 08:03:05 PM »
I'd like to do a mega marathon with all seasons back to back, but I can only watch 10 episodes before mentally dying.
The story so far:

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 08:04:24 PM »
I'd like to do a mega marathon with all seasons back to back, but I can only watch 10 episodes before mentally dying.
At the next TARCon there should just be a massive room dedicated to a TAR marathon. XD That would draw in many dozens of people.
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2009, 08:07:11 PM »
At the next TARCon there should just be a massive room dedicated to a TAR marathon. XD That would draw in many dozens of people.
idea!
TAR Marathon contest. Last fan standing gets all seasons in DVD
The story so far:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 06:10:54 PM »
I love the crazy route, i had to rely on wiki to help me  :lol:

Portugal → Spain → Morocco → Germany → Austria → Germany --Switzerland

Oh and some of the places they went, Switzerland alone !!
Grindelwald (Gletscherschlucht)
Kandersteg (Cheese House)  (Red Bridge) 
Montreux (Chateau de Chillon) (Steamship Savoie) 

back to back NON -ELIMS!
2 Hour special!
Phil messing with the teams at the pitstop love! The browsie! Finally the Browsie!
The foot races to the mat, notably the foot race to Neuschwanstein Castle pitstop!
the bungee jump off the Red Bridge!

off to watch part 2 of leg 9  :wohoo:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 08:00:47 PM »
John Vito and Jill  :'(
Derek & Drew :crybabe:

on to the 2 hour season finale! I just know in my heart had the twins survived Vietnam they would have won! Must have more model/twins CBS!! My god these guys are drop dead gorgeous!

Flo's meltdown, 24 hour train ride torture love  :funny: "I'm miseable, going to have a breakdown on this train .. I don't want to do this anymore..." "I feel like I'm trapped  ...........I feel like i'm in hell"  :lol:

pausing here to watch Cold Case  :sucks

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 08:07:03 PM »

torture love   "I'm miserable, going to have a breakdown on this train .. I don't want to do this anymore..." "I feel like I'm trapped  ...........I feel like i'm in hell" 

Hmmmm... Flo sounds just like us b****ing about updating BB! :lol:

John Vito is a honey...super nice guy!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 08:49:09 PM »
Ian and I are very close to the same age. I thought he was pretty over the top for the first part of TAR3. But after he put gas in the SUV, I was just fed up with him. When he got the "stuff" to repair the damage from the all night gas station and got back on the road with minimal time loss, I started pulling for them. I think it goes with our generations tinkering with our cars when we were young. It was pretty funny to me that the other 3 teams, all "young uns" just sat and waited for someone to fix their problems. It pretty much mirrors our society today, as a matter of fact.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 09:38:03 PM »
Loved this series and I hope it is much like series 14 were it is a *spoiler* . Loved this series and loved Teri and Ian and their gruff nature . It made me love them more  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:31:06 PM by puddin »
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 09:38:33 PM »
Jeepers. I didnt even realise I have reached 1000 posts  :yess:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2009, 09:44:24 PM »
Congratulations kiwi!!  :jumpy: :jam: :wohoo: :nana :pickle: :pickle: :nana :wtg: :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 09:58:47 PM »
PARTAY! LOL

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 10:33:50 PM »
Congrats Kiwi :wtg: :party:

So hey I just finished, another pretty cool finale! I'd forgotten about the animal/mammal tee pee but it didn't seem to hard. I thought it was funny that Flo thought for sure that Phil was messing with them, that Ken and Gerard had really won and were hiding  :lol:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »
I remember several particularly interesting things about AR3:

1. Flo helping Ken/Gerard eliminate Derek/Drew
2. Dieselgate in Spain with 4 teams putting unleaded in gas tanks that only want diesel
3. That Zach/Flo got NELs to save them in both Switzerland and in Vietnam. That's exceptionally lucky.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 09:24:55 PM »

2. Dieselgate in Spain with 4 teams putting unleaded in gas tanks that only want diesel
3. That Zach/Flo got NELs to save them in both Switzerland and in Vietnam. That's exceptionally lucky.
BJ & Tyler (S9) were saved twice by a NEL too if I remember correctly
The story so far:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 09:53:24 PM »

It was only because Flo didn't want Ken and Gerard on the same boat with them that she told them where they had to go before getting on the boat.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 02:42:39 PM »
puddin,
My understanding of that event is based on information that Flo provided to Troy Adam-Castro for his book "My Ox is Broken." He indicates that her motivations was to stay ahead of them (totally irrelevant since Flo/Zach were one large step ahead of them and could not be caught) and to get them off her boat (why she cared who was on her boat as long as they didn't have a cyclo with them is difficult to understand). In any event, she did not do it to help them, but that was the actual effect.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 04:32:58 PM »
I just finished season 4 and I'm moving backwards to season 3 now! But I'm not watching all in one week like puddin because I am too busy for that. :res:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 04:39:24 PM »
I'm lazy...I still have to watch half of S6 to finish 'em all. So far, I have watched TAR (complete seasons) in this order: 5 (TV), 1 (DVD), 7 (DVD), 3 (DL), 8 (DL), 9 (DL), 10 (DL), 2 (DL), 11 (VeOh), 12 (TV), 4 (DL), 13 (TV), A1 (DL), A2 (DL), A3 (DL), 6 (partially TV and DL)
The story so far:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 05:16:05 PM »
lol, I am watching them in order because my OCD won't let me watch them any other way  :-[  but had to take a break last night, Tomb Raider the Underworld was calling, the tree had to come down, and the freezer needed restocking  :lol:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 05:25:33 PM »
lol, I am watching them in order because my OCD won't let me watch them any other way  :-[  but had to take a break last night, Tomb Raider the Underworld was calling, the tree had to come down, and the freezer needed restocking  :lol:
But deep inside you knew you had the TARhunger didn't you? :P
The story so far:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 05:31:10 PM »
But deep inside you knew you had the TARhunger didn't you? :P
  :lol:  :yess:

Offline Umass

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • 4y
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2009, 11:52:23 PM »
TAR3 is all Flo & Zack! If it weren't for them (Flo) the season would have been totally boring. Terri & Ian were the only other interesting team and Flo hated Terri.  :lol: I found the ending very exciting. F&Z didn't think they won at first.
All the other teams were not interesting at all.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2009, 07:50:05 PM »
I'll disagree with you, Mr. Minuteman. Ken & Gerard were a great team and I wish they had finished first instead of Flo & Zach who to me were the most undeserving team to win. Hated them. Hated Flo more. She's repented and apologized for her horrid behavior, but the Flo rule of teams needing to split roadblocks is due mostly to her. I've never seen someone do so little for her team.

If that were me on the train in Vietnam, I would have sold Flo in exchange for cigarettes. :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:
Just here to visit.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2009, 07:52:11 PM »
I loved Kenny and Gerard and Teri and Ian, Flo was o.k and Zach was good. Derek and Drew were great competitors and JVJ were so good to one another. I didnt take notice to the others! haha

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2009, 07:54:28 PM »
Jay,

I loved Jon Vito & Jill. My preferred final 3 of this season would have been Ken & Gerard, Jon Vito & Jill and Aaron & Arienne. The rest I could do without.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2009, 11:38:45 PM »
One clarification: I believe the six roadblock rule was called the Bowling Mom's rule. I t started after the inequality of the roadblocks in season 5, IIRC. Linda and Karen could have gone further if some of the other women had had to do their share of roadblocks as well.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2009, 11:48:46 PM »
Exactly. Chip, 9 Kim 1, Colin, 8 Christie 1, Brandon 9, Nicole 1 where as the Moms had like 5 and 6 or around abouts!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2009, 12:41:58 AM »
the bowling moms were one of the most inspirational teams ever :'(
The story so far:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2009, 02:31:52 AM »
definitely. After 2006 I was one of Linda and Karens good friends on Myspace. I havent been on myspace for soooo looonng though which is said!  :'(

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2009, 07:26:35 AM »
Last I heard, the Bowling Moms were on Season 5. If you want to talk about them, why didn't you create a thread for Season 5?

p.s. Somebody actually started one.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2009, 07:29:44 AM »
TARAsiaFan, you can remake the ending however you want to, but the actual ending had Ian/Teri in second place, with Ken/Gerard finishing last in the Finale. It would be a stretch for Ken/Gerard to win. I think Zach earned it with his extra effort throughout AR3, even though Flo's behavior is quite reprehensible.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2009, 11:36:36 AM »
In fact, the real ending is on YouTube, somewhere. :P
Just here to visit.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2009, 12:15:53 PM »
We know apskip.  :tup:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2009, 04:20:01 PM »
Last I heard, the Bowling Moms were on Season 5. If you want to talk about them, why didn't you create a thread for Season 5?

p.s. Somebody actually started one.
It was on-topic at the time XD
The story so far:

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2009, 02:15:23 PM »

I can remember being upset and shocked that the Switzerland leg was non-elimination, thinking there is no way they would have back-to-back NELs.

If I remember correctly, the Vietnam one was one of those "no more eliminations, just about placement" leg, which I never really saw as a true NEL. But Z&F were definitely lucky in the leg before that, who were last at the time, and very lucky that 2 other teams missed the clue box many times.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2009, 11:43:36 PM »
They just went with the Flo :P
The story so far:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2009, 12:17:53 AM »
 :lol:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2009, 02:35:49 AM »
 :lol:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2009, 09:05:33 AM »

I can remember being upset and shocked that the Switzerland leg was non-elimination, thinking there is no way they would have back-to-back NELs.

If I remember correctly, the Vietnam one was one of those "no more eliminations, just about placement" leg, which I never really saw as a true NEL. But Z&F were definitely lucky in the leg before that, who were last at the time, and very lucky that 2 other teams missed the clue box many times.

Walter , I have gone back one more time to my AR3 tape to see what happened at the end of the Vietnam leg. You are right that this end with no elimination (making it a NEL by definition) and in no penalty (those hadn't been invented for the Amazing Races in that period).  The Switzerland NEL leg was of the same type. Flo and Zach were last, not eliminated and did not receive any penalty. In the Ep. 12 case, scheduling of NELs was done so that it could be on the penultimate leg with 3 teams still in contention. Let's see how it was handled in comprabale penultimate leg situations in later seasons.  AR4 had a NEL in the penultimate leg which had no penalty. In AR7 in Jamaica the penultimate leg was NEL and the penalty to Uchenna/Joyce had a serious impact on their position, but it was mitigated by the hours of operation for the Aguadilla sugar refinery that allowed them to catch up. In AR9, Ray and Yolanda lost all their money at the end of the penultimate leg and had to struggle to catch up.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2009, 09:31:12 AM »
I'm just going to throw my hat into the ring Flo-wise here.

I don't hate Flo.

Yes, she behaved like a spoiled brat for most of the race, but that was just her reaction to stress.

Look at leg one. Flo, with her fear of heights, completed a skydiving task, looking confident about it.

Fast forward to Vietnam. Flo is in the process of having a complete breakdown, Zack can see it.
Everything Alright?
Define 'alright'
Teri and Ian can see it.
Flo's going to have a major... incident.
Ken and Gerard can see it. (No quote this time sorry.)

Hell, even Flo can see it.

If I get on this train, I'm going to have a breakdown. Do you wanna see it happen?

All of Flo's whining aside, she was in a genuinely bad place mentally, and it becomes even more obvious when she comes off the train looking like a reanimated corpse.

Yes, she was a terrible whinger, but sleep deprivation, jet lag and stress does things to people.

With Flo, it was just a tad more obvious.

And to finish, I'm going out with the immortal words of Kent Brockman.

And that's my two cents.

PS. Thank you Adam-Troy Castro for saying it first.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2012, 02:56:17 PM »
although S3 offered no memorable shouting lady ("LENEEEE", "MEREDITH!", etc) that I can think of right now

I just finished up watching season 3 and Flo is quite the shouter (complainer)... the best screaming reaction would be.... "WE NUMBER 10!!! WE NUMBER 10!!!!!" by one of my favorite underdog teams.  :lol3:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)