Author Topic: Would you have chased that cabby down  (Read 3872 times)

Offline arcook

• RFF Not So Newbie
Would you have chased that cabby down
« on: November 30, 2008, 09:36:53 PM »
Maybe its me but I would have started chasing that cab and screaming at the top of my lungs. 

They let it go way to easy.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Re: Would you have chased that cabby down
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 09:53:15 PM »
yeah, my backpack would so be laying on the sidewalk and I would be running after that cab......it would have to get caught in traffic not to far away!!!!!!
Matthew 7:15

Offline delbie

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 12:19:13 AM »
Yes, definitely would have chased...

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 10:44:42 AM »
i would have chaced it , but the footag is so deciving on how much traffic there was one min it is jamed and then another shot it was not sooo... i am thinking he did turn and try to chace it but it was long gone. jmo  also it was wishful thinking at the time iwas watching still hopeing it was not them phelimated..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline BantyMom

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 12:02:23 AM »
After reading the interview, it seems like he hadn't the chance, since there were three cabs involved and it was lost in the first cab, but not discovered until the end of the ride in the second cab. I'm curious to know how he was able to even get a third cab with no money, though.

The whole thing was heartbreaking though.
"If the world were logical, men would ride side-saddle" ---Rita Mae Brown

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 06:53:17 AM »
After reading the interview, it seems like he hadn't the chance, since there were three cabs involved and it was lost in the first cab, but not discovered until the end of the ride in the second cab. I'm curious to know how he was able to even get a third cab with no money, though.

The whole thing was heartbreaking though.

BantyMom,

All of the comments were made before Toni/Dallas gave interviews, the week after they were eliminated. Dallas explained that the fanny pack was left in the first taxi. Since the taxi driver couldn't find the bookstore, he didnt charge Dallas for the hour long drive. Since there was no fare, Dallas didnt need to pay him. It wasn't till he took the second taxi to the hotel and had to pay him, that he noticed he didnt have the fanny pack. This was about 30 minutes after he left the first taxi and no chance of finding the first one. His passport was turned into the Embassy that night and he picked  it up the next morning and they came home, about 4-5 hours after everyone else.
Matthew 7:15