Author Topic: Survivor Gabon 3 hour Finale: "Say Goodbye to Gabon"  (Read 70665 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Survivor Gabon 3 hour Finale: "Say Goodbye to Gabon"
« Reply #200 on: December 14, 2008, 09:49:59 PM »
Corrine's a jerk, no two ways about it.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: December 14, 2008, 09:56:14 PM »
Corrine smiles at her horrible statement to Sugar.

She's not really sorry.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2008, 09:57:01 PM »
Can someone make Corrine shut up?
Just here to visit.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2008, 10:18:19 PM »
we get to see logo soon!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2008, 10:21:54 PM »
Fan favorite!

Matty #3, Bob, Sugar

BOB wins!! $100,000!!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2008, 10:30:03 PM »
am i the only one who heard

SURVIVOR TOKEN CHEESE lmao

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: December 14, 2008, 10:30:23 PM »
Survivor in Brazil for next season. I still hold out hope for Survivor: Arctic Circle one of these seasons.
Just here to visit.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: December 14, 2008, 10:34:56 PM »
lol Survivor Tocantins: The Brazilian Highlands. One tribe is dark purple or black and is called Timbira the other is possibly red!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #208 on: December 14, 2008, 10:52:25 PM »
Despite all the twists and turns, I'm very happy with the results. My onion alliance voted for BOB!

Brazilian Highlands sounds promising!

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #209 on: December 14, 2008, 10:59:12 PM »
For real!  Although I don't want to come back here on May 10 saying, "Thank goodness that season is finally over!"

Yay for Bob winning!  $1,100,000 is definitely worth it!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2008, 11:54:04 PM »
THANK YOU PUDDIN for keeping us informed, updated, and entertained all season long!!

We would be lost in Gabon without all your efforts!! 

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kitkaat

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2008, 02:26:04 AM »
Honestly Sugar deserved it aswell. She did alot, She had barely any alliances. She's the winner in my eyes. A pinup irl making it yill the end is awesome. The only reason Bob won was becausre he had is old alliance in the jury.
Corinne, seriously needs to grow up.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2008, 02:31:00 AM »
Sorry but I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad Bob won.  Don't you wish you had a teacher like him in high school.  I was fortunate to have one similar.  He deserves the money.  Sugar's acting career will do fine after survivor. :xmas49

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2008, 10:57:46 AM »
Sugar can pout and men will come running. She'll do fine.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2008, 11:17:09 AM »
Survivor: Gabon finished behind Sunday Night Football.

TV Ratings: NFL Beats 'Survivor' Finale Sunday
Giants-Cowboys tussle brings victory to NBC

December 15, 2008
Fast National ratings for Sunday, Dec. 14, 2008

A marquee matchup in the NFL lifted NBC to a ratings victory Sunday, beating the finale of "Survivor: Gabon" on CBS.

NBC scored a 10.1 rating/16 share for the night, narrowly beating CBS' 9.6/15 (both networks had live sports in primetime, so their numbers will probably change some). ABC finished a distant third at 4.6/7. FOX took fourth with a 2.9/5, while The CW managed only a 0.7/1.

NBC's lead among adults 18-49 was a little wider. It averaged a 6.2 rating in the key demographic, compared to 4.9 for second-place CBS. ABC, 2.3, came in third, followed by FOX, 2.1, and The CW, 0.4.

Late-afternoon NFL games and "60 Minutes" combined for a 13.7/22 at 7 p.m. "Football Night in America," 5.1/8, put NBC in second. ABC got a 4.7/8 from "America's Funniest Home Videos." A pair of "King of the Hill" reruns averaged 2.4/4 for FOX. The CW aired a "Jericho" repeat.

NBC's "Sunday Night Football," featuring the Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants, scored a 10.8/17 at 8 p.m. The conclusion of "60 Minutes" and the "Survivor: Gabon" finale drew a 9.6/15 for CBS. The movie "The Santa Clause," 4.2/6, kept ABC in third, ahead of reruns of "The Simpsons," 3.4/5, and "King of the Hill," 2.8/4, on FOX. The CW went with a showing of the movie "Spaceballs."

The Cowboys-Giants game improved to 12.6/19 for NBC at 9 p.m. "Survivor: Gabon" dipped to 7.8/12 on CBS, while ABC's movie rose to 5.5/8 in its second hour. "Family Guy," 3.5/5, and "American Dad," 3.0/5, kept FOX ahead of "Spaceballs" on The CW.

At 10 p.m., "Sunday Night Football" scored a 12.0/19 to keep NBC in the lead. The "Survivor" finale and the reunion show averaged 7.6/12 for CBS, while a "Desperate Housewives" rerun on ABC earned a 3.8/6.

Source - http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-ratings121408,0,1204871.story
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2008, 01:09:49 PM »
One review from Broadcasting & Cable:

'Survivor' Gets Booed...But for the Right Reasons
December 15, 2008
David Bianculli

The 17th edition of "Survivor," the CBS series that jump-started TV’s reality craze in the summer of 2000, ended last night with a two-hour edition and, as usual, a live one-hour reunion show in which the winner was announced. The winner of "Survivor: Gabon" was Bob, the 58-year-old high-school physics teacher. He deserved to win – but, eight years later, in the ratings, does "Survivor"?

Yes.

Unlike so many competition reality series that wear thin after an edition or two (if not before), "Survivor "remains an enjoyable viewing experience. Enjoyable, and maybe even instructive and, at times, emotionally uplifting.

The series always has been as much social experiment as summer-camp competition, and over the course of filming each edition, good and bad behavior is flushed out and laid bare. And at the live reunion shows, the studio audience reacts as if watching a Punch and Judy puppet show: booing the villains, applauding the good guys, and delighting when evil gets its comeuppance.

On Sunday’s finale, the clear villain was Corinne, whose comment about Sugar’s recently deceased father was so repugnant, even host Jeff Probst recoiled in disgust – whle the audience booed her like a designated villain at a WWE match. She out-venomed season one's Susan, and most likely will try to extend her TV exposure as a result. Call it the Omarosa Approach.

The hero of the night was equally clear: It was Bob. Even though young Kenny was the self-professed “professional gamer,” Bob was the one who had the foresight to think several moves ahead, chess-like, and sneak off to practice making fire in case the final tribal council came down to a tie vote, with making fire as the golden ticket to the final three. Which it did – and Bob’s practiced expertise ultimately paid off, to the tune of $1 million.

If that’s not a lesson to his students that homework and preparation pays off, I don’t know what is.

That goes for Probst as well. His post-vote debriefing of all 18 contestants, on one hour of live TV, is a feat more than worthy of the Emmy he won recently. Whenever "Survivor" ends, there’s a talk show in Probst’s future – or ought to be.

But that probably won’t be any time soon, because this televised game isn’t likely to go anywhere soon. About to start its ninth year and 18th cycle, "Survivor" is a good bet to do to its competition what it takes as its game motto: Outwit, Outplay, Outlast.

Next stop, as announced last night: The Brazilian Highlands and "Survivor: Tocantins."

Get ready to watch. And cheer. And, on occasion, boo.

Source - http://www.broadcastingcable.com/blog/1640000164/post/1460037946.html
Just here to visit.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2008, 05:25:14 PM »
I'm glad Bob won!  I really liked him.  I wanted to either wring Kenny's little neck (without throttling him) or just shake him when he brought up Bob's backing out of the Immunity deal.   :cmas11

As for Sugar, I think she would've done better if she'd answered the jury questions better.  She might've gotten some of the votes Susie got instead.  No way was she getting any votes from Randy & Corinne -- they hated her.  I'm not certain she would've gotten any votes from Charlie either -- he thought she got a "princess" edit.  The only one of the onion alliance she might have had a chance with is Marcus, but I doubt she'd have gotten his vote.

Belle Book