Author Topic: TARA 4: News, Rumors, Speculation-- STARTING NOW  (Read 158609 times)

Offline katrinaplee

• RFF Newbie
Re: TARA 4: News, Rumors, Speculation-- STARTING NOW
« Reply #200 on: November 04, 2010, 09:48:59 AM »
Hey guys! Just saw a Natasha/Hussein commercial here in the Philippines. Makes me anxious about them possibly becoming the winners. Look at how Sony (i think?) released a commercial with Sam & Vince in it during their season, and guess what? They emerged winners.  :'( NOOOOOO!  (:;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #201 on: November 04, 2010, 11:21:23 AM »
Can anybody get us that commercial?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: November 04, 2010, 11:31:23 AM »
I saw the commercial too. But the product they are endorsing isn't a TARA sponsor. I think it's a local commercial in Indonesia (based on what I remember, the commercial is about a telecom product like Smart or Globe). It's just maybe a local sponsor in Indonesia like what we have here in the Philippines. Just my thoughts.

Offline calv_10

• RFF Jr. Member
    • Calvin's Hub
« Reply #203 on: November 04, 2010, 12:56:40 PM »
it's sony ericsson in partnership with Axiata i think which are sponsors of TARA. i dont think they win... i think they are finalist. the winner gets the commercial for the major sponsor. probably the Sony LED Bravia TV or even a Sony 3d TV.
Read my recaps on The Amazing Race Asia after each episode.

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #204 on: November 04, 2010, 05:16:56 PM »
Hey guys! Just saw a Natasha/Hussein commercial here in the Philippines. Makes me anxious about them possibly becoming the winners. Look at how Sony (i think?) released a commercial with Sam & Vince in it during their season, and guess what? They emerged winners.  :'( NOOOOOO!  (:;)

that would be good!!  :yess:

And yeah, it was like local commercial in Indonesia... Some kind like telcom product. I never thought it would be aired too in Philipines  :lol:

Here's the commercial, someone uploaded it to Youtube :)

Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline Obbyz

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2010, 01:23:43 AM »
I'm speculating that the race visit South Korea , I just open the official TARA 4 website and seeing AXN Travelpicks , it's displaying New Zealand , Indonesia , and South Korea , as we know they visit Indonesia & New Zealand , means maybe that visit South Korea . As we know leg 8 was in Indonesia , and leg 9 was speculated for Japan , maybe leg 10 was in South Korea ?

Offline Janetsaurus_Regina

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #206 on: November 19, 2010, 12:39:17 AM »
I heard that the Malaysians are in a Sony commercial in Malaysia.  But they were eliminated so I guess a team coming out in a commercial of an official sponsor of TARA does not mean they're the winners.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #207 on: November 19, 2010, 02:25:57 AM »
I heard that the Malaysians are in a Sony commercial in Malaysia.  But they were eliminated so I guess a team coming out in a commercial of an official sponsor of TARA does not mean they're the winners.

Maybe in future this will just indicate that a team will go far in the race.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #208 on: November 20, 2010, 07:39:48 AM »
I'd just saw this info from wikipedia and someone by the name of TARA Insider, made a "spoiler" on the upcoming few legs of TARA 4: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_Asia_4#Future_Legs_.28From_a_TARA_Insider.29

Is that a speculation only or is that real and accurate? :duno:

Offline Alvin06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #209 on: November 20, 2010, 08:06:31 AM »
I'd just saw this info from wikipedia and someone by the name of TARA Insider, made a "spoiler" on the upcoming few legs of TARA 4: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_Asia_4#Future_Legs_.28From_a_TARA_Insider.29

Well, I think it is quite apparent that it is not accurate, nor is it believable, as teams from the US version were seen running in LAX (hence their finale is in Mainland US).

Offline wangsacl

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #210 on: November 20, 2010, 08:08:44 AM »

It is wrong. Based from the preview of ep 10, teams went to South Korea, not Japan (I know how to differentiate Japanese and Korean).
Or maybe I was wrong, and they went to North Korea. Hail Kim Il-Sung!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #211 on: November 20, 2010, 09:32:37 AM »
Is there a screenshot of the spoiler...because I am not seeing it on wiki...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #212 on: November 20, 2010, 07:54:06 PM »
I got it, Peach....

I guess another dumb did it  :lol:

But he/she got it right for the last episode, Ethan&Khairie eliminated. But the finish order is completely wrong
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 07:57:42 PM by pramararama »

Offline wangsacl

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #213 on: November 20, 2010, 08:07:00 PM »
If you wanted to see the so-called Spoiler from TARA Insider, here it is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Amazing_Race_Asia_4&diff=397860753&oldid=397860317

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #214 on: November 20, 2010, 08:46:12 PM »
*Two Philippine teams (TARA) returned victoriously to their home turf after bagging the 1st (Jess & Lani) and 2nd (Richard & Richard) places, respectively. Hussein and Natasha of Indonesia arrived third. Nat and Kat (TAR) won first place, followed by Brook & Claire and Chad & Stephanie for the second and third places, respectively.

:duno:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #215 on: November 20, 2010, 08:47:53 PM »
I got it, Peach....

But he/she got it right for the last episode, Ethan&Khairie eliminated. But the finish order is completely wrong

I'm sorry to say this but i'm 99.9% sure a filipino did that.

It has been kind of frustrating to see the filipino fans dominating every single related TARA updates and running down the other teams. Really frustrating, if you ask me. :res:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: November 20, 2010, 08:57:24 PM »
I got it, Peach....

I guess another dumb did it  :lol:

It has been kind of frustrating to see the filipino fans dominating every single related TARA updates and running down the other teams. Really frustrating, if you ask me. :res:

Racist? o_0

:browsie: :rules:

I would rather not respond to this shallow-mindedness. I was taught of not to speak any ills against groups of people (race/religion), so I'm gonna respect your opinion.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 09:13:49 PM by Cocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #217 on: November 20, 2010, 09:22:53 PM »
I got it, Peach....

Yeah Joab, that's what i thought too  :lol:  :lol:

but after I saw "TARA Insider" in wikipedia.... Suddenly I think that 'wiki-spoiler' could be right.... I have no idea whether it's valid or not....  :duno:

Offline Alvin06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #218 on: November 21, 2010, 01:00:55 AM »
My speculation is that they'll end in a different country (after spending 2 full episodes in Malaysia, and about a third of the third episode in KL). Although I could be wrong as they may still follow tradition.

I was wondering though, about the preview, as some described it, there was a task shown with M/C shooting an arrow at a photo of J/L. I wonder what this is for?

Offline jps0228

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I make Amazing Race SIMS Version Videos!!
« Reply #219 on: November 21, 2010, 03:39:46 AM »
I got it, Peach....

I agree that it could be a filipino who wrote that.

But you're other comment.. I don't know if I could say it rude or not, but I am hurt...
"I heard you're dad went into a restaurant and ate everything at the restaurant and they have to close the restaurant" -Ralph Wiggum

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #220 on: November 21, 2010, 08:08:17 AM »
I got it, Peach....

Racist? o_0

I would rather not respond to this shallow-mindedness. I was taught of not to speak any ills against groups of people (race/religion), so I'm gonna respect your opinion.

My dad is currently working in The Philippines and i visit the country almost every year and I LOVE the country. Why would i want to speak against them. Filipinos are one of the friendliest bunch of people i've ever met.

But i'm stating my opinion, or rather, i made my opinion based on truths which i've seen. If you're a fan of The Amazing Race Asia facebook page, this is what you'll normally see -

I am definitely happy that TARA is reaching out to SO MANY filipino friends. But because of the vast outreach, most of the comments are also from them. And hence when you read a distasteful comment about any other team except their own home country team, most of the time it will come from a filipino. Hence that was why i made that comment.

However, i rest my case here. I apologize if it offended anyone.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: November 21, 2010, 09:13:38 AM »
I know, it just seems like you're generalizing all of us (I think) :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline thespicdatum

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #222 on: November 21, 2010, 07:17:33 PM »
Maybe next time I suggest you use "SOME" or "MANY Filipino fans" instead of filipino fans.

But I am not offended by what you posted because I know you don't mean "ALL Filipinos" when you said that.

Anyway back to topic, I didn't read the wiki post because I really like to be surprised when I watch the episodes just like what happened last time when the Richs made it after a mistake.

And to other Filipinos viewing this post, please let us respect other nationalities. We can and we may post bad "adjectives" to other teams not from the Philippines but let us be sensitive enough to make them within the context of the race and not on personal and racial inclinations.

I myself said I hate the Malaysian TEam's sense of humor regarding Dimple and Sunaina (in New Zealand) and I love the fact that they were eliminated.

Offline jps0228

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I make Amazing Race SIMS Version Videos!!
« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2010, 02:53:34 AM »
I got it, Peach....

Racist? o_0

My dad is currently working in The Philippines and i visit the country almost every year and I LOVE the country. Why would i want to speak against them. Filipinos are one of the friendliest bunch of people i've ever met.

But i'm stating my opinion, or rather, i made my opinion based on truths which i've seen. If you're a fan of The Amazing Race Asia facebook page, this is what you'll normally see -

I am definitely happy that TARA is reaching out to SO MANY filipino friends. But because of the vast outreach, most of the comments are also from them. And hence when you read a distasteful comment about any other team except their own home country team, most of the time it will come from a filipino. Hence that was why i made that comment.

However, i rest my case here. I apologize if it offended anyone.

c*ap!! You can see a post I made in FB post on that pic!! xD
"I heard you're dad went into a restaurant and ate everything at the restaurant and they have to close the restaurant" -Ralph Wiggum

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #224 on: November 22, 2010, 07:42:24 AM »
Maybe next time I suggest you use "SOME" or "MANY Filipino fans" instead of filipino fans.

But I am not offended by what you posted because I know you don't mean "ALL Filipinos" when you said that.

Anyway back to topic, I didn't read the wiki post because I really like to be surprised when I watch the episodes just like what happened last time when the Richs made it after a mistake.

And to other Filipinos viewing this post, please let us respect other nationalities. We can and we may post bad "adjectives" to other teams not from the Philippines but let us be sensitive enough to make them within the context of the race and not on personal and racial inclinations.

I myself said I hate the Malaysian TEam's sense of humor regarding Dimple and Sunaina (in New Zealand) and I love the fact that they were eliminated.

:tup: It is good you understand. I dislike Ethan and Khairie's sense of humour too. Just that when you read those posts on facebook and make a comment, especially if it's against a Philippines team, you will have 954394583958 people breathing down your neck after that. O_O

Not me though, but all the poor people who didn't know what they will get for disregarding the filipino teams. -_-

Okay though, back to topic!! :lol: