Author Topic: TARA 4: News, Rumors, Speculation-- STARTING NOW  (Read 158629 times)

Offline tarafanatic

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I LOvE GeofF and TiShA!!
Re: TARA 4: News, Rumors, Speculation-- STARTING NOW
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2009, 06:01:12 AM »
wow.. its like they really want us to wait!!! hmm.. but i can wait, just for tara..!! and since they let us wait for a long time.. im expecting a lot from this season!! hahaha

Geoff and Tish till the end!!!

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2009, 02:42:47 AM »
If it's going to be ready to air before next September (ie, when TARA5 was supposed to air), they'll have to be starting filming within the next two weeks -- ActiveTV, the production company making the show, has a MAJOR live broadcast on Australian television on the 19th of December this year, and I can't see Michael McKay trying to run both things at the same time. On the other hand, if they start after Carols In The Domain (the event in question), then they won't have enough time to edit the episodes to air roughly in time with TAR16.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2009, 08:53:28 AM »
I'm going to disagree with that...

If they want it only ready for next Sepember ??? then a summer 2010 filming would work perfectly well.

For a summer AIRING, they could film in late spring 2010.

If they want it ready to air by Jan or Feb, then yes, filming soon.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2009, 09:04:59 AM »
I'm going to disagree with that...

If they want it only ready for next Sepember ??? then a summer 2010 filming would work perfectly well.

For a summer AIRING, they could film in late spring 2010.

If they want it ready to air by Jan or Feb, then yes, filming soon.

I don't think TARA is airing soon because I think casting has not been done...

Maybe Summer perhaps? LOL :D
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2009, 09:26:50 AM »
There has certainly been a strange quiet...no casting rumors, no chatter about applying...

So I agree Moo, I don't think they are starting right away...but gosh! I would love to be wrong!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2009, 04:52:23 AM »
hey guys!

While I'm waiting for TARA 4 to come out, I'm going to show you some of my pictures and 2 videos of AXN Big Challenge happened at the SM Mall of Asia in Manila, Phils. last Saturday which I'd joined it but I'd didn't won the grand prize. :'(  But anyway, in spite of that it was great and I love it and the event itself looks like it came from 2 reality game shows namely Wipeout and Takeshi's Castle in one but no water in it. ;D

So here it is guys and I hope you'll enjoy it:
http://tinyurl.com/yegcuqh
http://tinyurl.com/ybgj8wt
http://tinyurl.com/yf9b4a2
http://tinyurl.com/yzfwue6
http://tinyurl.com/ykp8nzl
http://tinyurl.com/yzd7oe7
http://tinyurl.com/ygt95ox

p.s.
Do you think I should join in TARA 4?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2009, 03:49:55 AM »
topaz, you definitely should!! :jumpy: We'll ALLLL root for you!

Anyway, i've been to the SM Mall of Asia and i daresay it's so big and it's indeed an a-maze-ing race!!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2009, 03:53:18 AM »
topaz, you definitely should!! :jumpy: We'll ALLLL root for you!

Anyway, i've been to the SM Mall of Asia and i daresay it's so big and it's indeed an a-maze-ing race!!

LOL at this, I never went to Mall of Asia because it's too big and has too many people in it. But the mall's globe makes a good pit stop for TAR or TARA <333

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2009, 08:02:46 AM »
Off-topic.. but TAR should never have pitstops in malls/shopping centres... -_-

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2009, 08:39:18 AM »

LOL, they shouldn't have pit stops in resorts as well!

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2009, 05:12:14 PM »

Why? Is it because it's on public?
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2009, 06:36:47 PM »

Resorts are OK as long as they sponsor enough goodies and are worth seeing. Malls are just meh.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2010, 11:14:32 PM »
IT"S BACK!! Casting details below!!

The Amazing Race Asia is BACK!

By Voize on 04 Feb 2010 at 11:43am

The Amazing Race Asia is BACK!Are You Savvy Enough To Be This Season’s Winner?3 February 2010, MALAYSIA – Asia’s most highly anticipated and long-awaited multi-continental race has made its return and wants you to be a part of it! After receiving countless queries and requests from television viewers, AXN brings back its biggest Original Production success, The Amazing Race Asia (TARA)!  Last season (Season 3) was billed as the toughest race ever, where endurance was the name of the game. Expect no less from the new and sleek Season 4, which will up the intellect ante with the most sophisticated demands on top of the already tough challenges the race will impose on contestants.This season’s race will repeat its sheer excitement and intense moments of adrenaline rush as 10 teams of two dash across countries and oceans to areas they would never imagine having to go to. If one thinks the race is all about being sent to cities around the globe, this season will definitely bring new meaning to ‘off-the-beaten-tracks’ and ‘exotic spots’.As with past seasons, competing teams can expect to win impressive pit-stop prizes and the first team to land their feet past the finishing line shall bring home the grand prize of US$100,000.But what will it take to be anointed as this season’s victor? In this spectacular reality show where anything and everything can happen, being strong and fit, street-smart and resourceful may not win you the race unless you also have the tenacity and determination.  Of course, it does not hurt to have lady luck on your side too.  In the last season, it was a gut-stirring moment to watch the Hong Kong buddies Sam and Vince deal with a four-hour penalty in the last leg of the race and yet still caught up with the other two teams eventually to clinch the first place!According to Ricky Ow, Senior Vice President & General Manager of SPE Networks – Asia, “The Amazing Race Asia is THE race that everyone has been waiting for. No other reality competition series offers such a potent concoction of surprises, excitement, drama and intensity at such a lightning pace. Above all that, the race also offers contestants and viewers alike the sheer experience of worldliness which money cannot buy – traversing across countries and cities in a short amount of time and overcoming their lifelong fears with courage and grit. This season, we are looking for teams that are a cut above the rest; possessing the street smarts and savvy know-hows to run the race on a whole new level of sophistication.”So, the long wait for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to race around the world, stops here and now. Grab this chance to test your mettle and fortitude in conquering the challenges which The Amazing Race Asia 4will bring!Registration is from 5 February to 22 March 2010. All interested participants are to submit their applications in teams of two, and must be living and/or working in Asia (excluding Australia, New Zealand, and the Middle East). All contestants are required to be aged 21 and above, must speak English, as well as possess both a valid international passport and an international driving licence.How to register?Entry forms can be downloaded from www.axn-asia.com/tara from 5 February 2010, 9.00am Malaysia time, and need to be sent in together with a 3-minute video to the address stated on the website. All information on the race can be found on www.axn-asia.com/tara, and enquiries can be addressed to Amazing_Race_Asia@axn-asia.com.All applications must be submitted by 22 March 2010, 6.00pm Malaysia time. There will be strictly no extension after that date, so hurry and sign up now for the most thrilling adventure of your lifetime!The Amazing Race Asia 4 is sponsored by Sony Electronics Asia Pacific, Caltex, Axiata Group and supported by Tourism Malaysia.Asia’s most highly anticipated and long-awaited multi-continental race has made its return and wants you to be a part of it! After receiving countless queries and requests from television viewers, AXN brings back its biggest Original Production success, The Amazing Race Asia (TARA)!  Last season (Season 3) was billed as the toughest race ever, where endurance was the name of the game. Expect no less from the new and sleek Season 4, which will up the intellect ante with the most sophisticated demands on top of the already tough challenges the race will impose on contestants.

This season’s race will repeat its sheer excitement and intense moments of adrenaline rush as 10 teams of two dash across countries and oceans to areas they would never imagine having to go to. If one thinks the race is all about being sent to cities around the globe, this season will definitely bring new meaning to ‘off-the-beaten-tracks’ and ‘exotic spots’.

As with past seasons, competing teams can expect to win impressive pit-stop prizes and the first team to land their feet past the finishing line shall bring home the grand prize of US$100,000.

But what will it take to be anointed as this season’s victor? In this spectacular reality show where anything and everything can happen, being strong and fit, street-smart and resourceful may not win you the race unless you also have the tenacity and determination.  Of course, it does not hurt to have lady luck on your side too.  In the last season, it was a gut-stirring moment to watch the Hong Kong buddies Sam and Vince deal with a four-hour penalty in the last leg of the race and yet still caught up with the other two teams eventually to clinch the first place!

According to Ricky Ow, Senior Vice President & General Manager of SPE Networks – Asia, “The Amazing Race Asia is THE race that everyone has been waiting for. No other reality competition series offers such a potent concoction of surprises, excitement, drama and intensity at such a lightning pace. Above all that, the race also offers contestants and viewers alike the sheer experience of worldliness which money cannot buy – traversing across countries and cities in a short amount of time and overcoming their lifelong fears with courage and grit. This season, we are looking for teams that are a cut above the rest; possessing the street smarts and savvy know-hows to run the race on a whole new level of sophistication.”

So, the long wait for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to race around the world, stops here and now. Grab this chance to test your mettle and fortitude in conquering the challenges which The Amazing Race Asia 4will bring!

Registration is from 5 February to 22 March 2010. All interested participants are to submit their applications in teams of two, and must be living and/or working in Asia (excluding Australia, New Zealand, and the Middle East). All contestants are required to be aged 21 and above, must speak English, as well as possess both a valid international passport and an international driving licence.

How to register?
Entry forms can be downloaded from www.axn-asia.com/tara from 5 February 2010, 9.00am Malaysia time, and need to be sent in together with a 3-minute video to the address stated on the website. All information on the race can be found on www.axn-asia.com/tara, and enquiries can be addressed to Amazing_Race_Asia@axn-asia.com.

All applications must be submitted by 22 March 2010, 6.00pm Malaysia time. There will be strictly no extension after that date, so hurry and sign up now for the most thrilling adventure of your lifetime!

The Amazing Race Asia 4 is sponsored by Sony Electronics Asia Pacific, Caltex, Axiata Group and supported by Tourism Malaysia.

http://voize.my/events/happenings/the-amazing-race-asia-is-back
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2010, 11:38:53 PM »
Intellect! Off the beaten track! Loving the prospects.

Offline tarafanatic

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I LOvE GeofF and TiShA!!
« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2010, 07:20:17 AM »
 :jumpy: yeaaaaahhh!!! i've waited for this for so long haha.. even it's just the casting.. i can't  believe that tara is already starting!!! in 6 years i can also join amazing race asia haha i hope the show is still on hahaha... go tara!!!!

Geoff and Tish till the end!!!

Online ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2010, 07:31:32 AM »
i cant wait either is favorite out usa and even bntm

Offline nathandg0924

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2010, 01:43:39 AM »
Finally! Its been a while since the last season. :yess:

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2010, 12:18:12 AM »

The Amazing Race Asia 4 is sponsored by Sony Electronics Asia Pacific, Caltex, Axiata Group and supported by Tourism Malaysia.

Just my speculation...

Starting line : Dataran Putrajaya

as Tourism Malaysia is back
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:29:51 AM by cabioTAR »
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2010, 12:21:03 AM »
 :jumpy:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:28:19 AM by cabioTAR »
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2010, 12:52:18 AM »
Great to hear it's return. I was worried it had stopped. Can't wait for its return!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2010, 01:00:41 PM »
This is great news.  Can't wait, but no Standard Chartered Bank?

I know viewers complain about all of the product placements, but see, it works!!

Offline jack_bauer_fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • A big WHEW!
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2010, 10:07:05 AM »
Just visit the Philippines this time and i'm good.  :tup:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2010, 02:18:01 AM »
I might be in time for TAR Asia season 5..... wondering if my partner will be 21 yet by then. :lol:

Offline mandk

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2010, 08:45:41 AM »
is there any news on when they are filming?

Offline amazingracer24

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2010, 05:12:40 AM »
I guess their starting line is in....
STAR CITY,PHILIPPINES!!

It is according to the promo video of TARA4!!

BUT...NOT SURE!!