Author Topic: EP11: 12/7 "You Look Like Peter Pan"  (Read 119614 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP11: 12/7 "You Look Like Peter Pan"
« Reply #225 on: December 06, 2008, 01:26:00 PM »
10 something something ...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #226 on: December 06, 2008, 01:58:20 PM »
Hello Chris Steele, Retreat Center Director, or maybe not ........

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #227 on: December 06, 2008, 02:36:49 PM »
More likely it is someone from Team Synergo that actually runs the challenges.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: December 06, 2008, 03:01:53 PM »
I believe that Andrew/Dan may not have gotten onto the same flight as the other two teams. Why Andrew/Dan would not make Moscow-Domodedovo airport by about 630am to get tickets and through security could be a bad taxi ride to there. It is also possible that Ken/Tina would suffer the same fate since they checked into the pitstop slightly later.  Both teams were several hours behind Nick/Starr, who would be at the airport no later than 5am assuming a 12 hour pitstop.

Here is the best flight combination teams missing the 705am flight would be left with:
KL3105  SVO AMS  1010 1200 connecting with KL6033  AMS SEA  KL8067 1315 1435 connecting with SEA PDX  1600 1650.

Howver, the most likely outcome is that the interests of preserving a competitive Finale caused World Race Productions to alter the pitstop time to less than 12 hours in order to make sure all 3 teams are on the same plane.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #229 on: December 06, 2008, 03:22:18 PM »

Howver, the most likely outcome is that the interests of preserving a competitive Finale caused World Race Productions to alter the pitstop time to less than 12 hours in order to make sure all 3 teams are on the same plane.

I agree ......

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #230 on: December 06, 2008, 03:24:50 PM »
Looking at the promo pictures, I would have to agree that Andrew and Dan don't get on the same flight as the other 2. Nick and Starr are exiting a plane thats bottom half is green. Andrew and Dan, however, are exiting one thats bottom half is not green. No evidence though for what flight Ken and Tina caught.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2008, 03:37:11 PM »
north09,

Are you sure that you are not looking at the doorway from the jetway to the terminal as opposed to the door of a plane? I almost made that same mistake last Sun night.

And I thought I heard Andrew say as their cab was leaving PDX that they beat the other teams out of the terminal. I am not sure, but I sure thought I heard that.

This picture is a pic of Starr exiting the jetway into the terminal. The door is square, which airplanesdoors have curved corners. The doors to the jetway look like they are made of aluminium and the green on them is a reflection from the carpet in the terminal. Also, if you look to the right of the door in this pic, you will see a keypad that they use to unlock the door. That can't be the fuseluge of an airplane.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 03:54:56 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #232 on: December 06, 2008, 03:44:22 PM »
Here come Tina and Ken followed bu their camera man followed by Nick and Starr. Dandrew could be first or last getting off ..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #233 on: December 06, 2008, 04:03:00 PM »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: December 06, 2008, 04:53:00 PM »
damn, I thought I might have had something.

So who wants to e-mail Bonnie untill she spills it?  :cmaslol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #235 on: December 06, 2008, 05:22:58 PM »
damn, I thought I might have had something.

So who wants to e-mail Bonnie untill she spills it?  :cmaslol
By the time it airs we'll already know, lol
Hey north we need your expertise in the TAR14 contestant spoilers when you have time  :xmas110!

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #236 on: December 06, 2008, 05:41:38 PM »
Sure, I had no idea there was one!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #237 on: December 06, 2008, 08:36:10 PM »

I agree ......

How does 8 hours sound? :angel:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: December 07, 2008, 06:44:42 AM »
Although not a Portland native, I can answer the question "the magic is in the hole" thanks ft the internet. It's The world famous Voodoo Doughnut shop located in Portland, Oregon. The Magic is in the hole. Famous for their girth, our doughnuts are made fresh with love and care.

This makes sense. Doughnut Hole!

Voodoo Doughnut
22 SW 3rd Avenue Portland Oregon, U.S.A. (note: others have earlier identified this)
Voodoo Doughnut is located just south of the Burnside bridge on SW 3rd Avenue. It is tucked safely between The Paris Theater and Berbati's Pan. Look for the red door and the glowing "Cruller Chandelier of Life" blazing through the windows. Get unique donuts and a marriage while learning Swahili. Try the maple bacon bar - yes, that's real bacon on a donut.

My guess is that the AR13 task will be the Tex-Ass Challenge, which I assume to be something about eating a lot of doughnuts.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 06:52:31 AM by apskip »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: December 07, 2008, 12:37:35 PM »
yep! voodoo doughnuts.......um.......biting my tongue.... :cmas26 Happy TAR13 Final day apskip!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #241 on: December 07, 2008, 04:03:53 PM »
:jumpy:  the final piece of the TAR13 puzzle.....

The Newberg Graphic reports. "Amazing Race" episode filmed near Newberg.
Final three teams vying for $1 million prize braved the ropes course at Tilikum Retreat Center 

The Newberg Graphic spoiler   :cmas16 by Amanda Newman

...and even a shout out to RFF, thanks to me

Tilikum Retreat Center map & directions

:jam:  yet another story in The Oregonian about TAR13 finale
YIPPEE! Good find Boingo  :cmas26

Nice one Boingo! You scooped my insider scoop! :lol:

But what's this about the "thanks to me" bit--tell us more! :kuss:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: December 07, 2008, 04:52:31 PM »
 :cmaslol  see, we still continued to spoil the show even though you guys were living it up in the Big Apple.   :mas25  check your mailbox

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #243 on: December 07, 2008, 04:57:48 PM »
check you messages please Boingo!

Offline RogCBrand

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #244 on: December 08, 2008, 01:04:30 AM »
After watching Amazing Race since the first season, and seeing them travel to wonderful places around the world, it was great to see them come to Newberg, where I grew up.  In fact, the logging skill competition, at Tilikum is 7 miles northwest of Newberg, as the crow flies, and is only 3 miles from where I grew up.  It was really cool to actually see places I've been to many times on the show!

It was funny that the Frat Boys got a taxi driver that took them far out of the way to get to Newberg!  The way they went had to double the travel time!  When they weren't shooting themselves in the foot, they had really bad luck added to it!

Congratulations to Ken and Starr!  I was really happy they won!  I love brother & sister teams, as I've thought it would be fun to be on the show with my sister, if it weren't for my tendency to get motion sickness a lot!
 :cmas19

I can't wait for the next race!

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: December 08, 2008, 01:14:04 AM »
After watching Amazing Race since the first season, and seeing them travel to wonderful places around the world, it was great to see them come to Newberg, where I grew up.  In fact, the logging skill competition, at Tilikum is 7 miles northwest of Newberg, as the crow flies, and is only 3 miles from where I grew up.  It was really cool to actually see places I've been to many times on the show!

It was funny that the Frat Boys got a taxi driver that took them far out of the way to get to Newberg!  The way they went had to double the travel time!  When they weren't shooting themselves in the foot, they had really bad luck added to it!

Congratulations to Ken and Starr!  I was really happy they won!  I love brother & sister teams, as I've thought it would be fun to be on the show with my sister, if it weren't for my tendency to get motion sickness a lot!
 :cmas19

I can't wait for the next race!

Nick and Starr won, though Ken and Starr would make a very interesting team.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #246 on: December 08, 2008, 03:25:59 PM »
In an interview today by Oscar Dahl of Buddy TV, Starr reponded to a question about "what didn't get wshown on the race" with:
S: I got a speeding ticket in New Zealand.

N: Oh yeah, we got a 30-minute penalty on the New Zealand leg. We had to sit with the sheep while Phil interviewed us.

S: We were headed out of a town—or maybe we were headed into a town. But regardless, the speed limit dropped about forty miles and I was going too fast. So we get pulled over, I get a ticket. We continue on our way to do the Kiwi and the Blokart challenge. Once we get to the mat, I think we came in fifth. And Phil said, “You are the fifth team to arrive. However, because of your ticket you have a 30-minute penalty.”

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #247 on: December 08, 2008, 05:36:40 PM »
In an interview today by Oscar Dahl of Buddy TV, Starr reponded to a question about "what didn't get wshown on the race" with:
S: I got a speeding ticket in New Zealand.

N: Oh yeah, we got a 30-minute penalty on the New Zealand leg. We had to sit with the sheep while Phil interviewed us.

S: We were headed out of a town—or maybe we were headed into a town. But regardless, the speed limit dropped about forty miles and I was going too fast. So we get pulled over, I get a ticket. We continue on our way to do the Kiwi and the Blokart challenge. Once we get to the mat, I think we came in fifth. And Phil said, “You are the fifth team to arrive. However, because of your ticket you have a 30-minute penalty.”

ahh that would explain this picture

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #248 on: December 08, 2008, 06:36:02 PM »
Thanks to Marigold providing an article of a Buddy TV interview with Nick and Starr, we now have the following information:

Nick/Starr won by 11 minutes over Ken/Tina
Nick/Starr won by 90 minutes over Andrew/Dan
Toni/Dallas showed up at 1030pm at the cast party in Portland the evening of April 14. That means that my belief that they left SVO at 220pm and arrived PDX 2115 had to be correct.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #249 on: December 08, 2008, 06:57:11 PM »
You all might enjoy this

Amazing Race
Elimination Station - Finale
Episode 11

Clip (6:10)
Check out what happens on the Elimination Station finale only on CBS.com!