Author Topic: Question about the Kazakhstan episode  (Read 6623 times)

Offline SD_Mama

• RFF Not So Newbie
Question about the Kazakhstan episode
« on: November 16, 2008, 11:22:46 PM »
Hi I'm new here, but why were Ken and Tina missing their packs?  I first noticed it when they were going up the hill to the eagle clue and saw Dallas and Toni with theirs, but Ken and Tina didn't have theirs.  What gives?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Question about the Kazakhstan episode
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 11:57:19 PM »
Hi I'm new here, but why were Ken and Tina missing their packs?  I first noticed it when they were going up the hill to the eagle clue and saw Dallas and Toni with theirs, but Ken and Tina didn't have theirs.  What gives?

Maybe they left them at the end of the trail?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 11:59:04 PM »
They finished with them ......

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 12:03:29 AM »
:welcome2: SD_Mama!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SD_Mama

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 12:03:50 AM »
Yeah I saw them in the video on YouTube when they are talking to Phil.  I guess they left them behind?  Smart because I woudn't want to haul them up the hill.

Offline SD_Mama

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 12:07:30 AM »

Thanks, I've delurked myself.  I'm a relatively new watcher, but have seen a few episodes in the past.  This season I've seen all of them b/c I am friends with Ken's daughter. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 12:09:07 AM »

Thanks, I've delurked myself.  I'm a relatively new watcher, but have seen a few episodes in the past.  This season I've seen all of them b/c I am friends with Ken's daughter. 
Ken and Tina, Team Greene fan here  :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 12:09:59 AM »
We LOVE Ken around here, so imagine she is really proud of him!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SD_Mama

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 12:15:19 AM »
Well of course she's proud, he's her dad.  They've done really well too.  I imagine it's odd for her that CBS chose to play up the unfaithfulness issue, but at least they are giving it a second chance.  I personally think Tina doesn't get the best edit, but I'm sure many a reality contestant would say that.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 12:19:44 AM »
Us true fans don't judge the contestants by their editing, what we see on the show, personally I think Tina rocks!

Offline SD_Mama

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 12:26:41 AM »
Us true fans don't judge the contestants by their editing, what we see on the show, personally I think Tina rocks!
I also like Tina.  She's up for anything, doesn't really complain, and doesn't give up.  Just when you think she and Ken are out, they come back.  Definitely one of the more enjoyable couples to watch. 

I'm still wondering how she got all that green paint out of her hair.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 12:36:22 AM »
I would love to know how Tina got the green powder out of her hair! Still, even with green hair, shes a beauty. And Ken is very very handsome, I can only imagine their children are just as beautiful.
I have Tina as a friend on facebook book but do not feel right snooping through pictures, so I don't, is that silly?

Offline SD_Mama

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 12:56:45 AM »
I would love to know how Tina got the green powder out of her hair! Still, even with green hair, shes a beauty. And Ken is very very handsome, I can only imagine their children are just as beautiful.
I have Tina as a friend on facebook book but do not feel right snooping through pictures, so I don't, is that silly?

Their whole family is gorgeous, but the three daughters especially.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 10:27:12 AM »

I will offer a possibility becacuse none of us really knows without talking to Ken and Tina. If I had a clue directed me on an uphill walk, I would want no unnecessary weight anywhere on my body. I would have asked the crane driver to wait(just in case he would be needed) and for him to watch my backpack. I bet that drivers are inexpensive in Kazakhstan and I expect that World Race Productions was paying for that one anyway. So, when they got down from the falcon (not eagle) experience they would have retrieved that backpack and taken a taxi.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »
Ken and Tina may be an attractive couple, and smart to leave their packs behind whenever they can.

BUT they are not very smart about running the race.  Twice they didn't follow directions:  i.e. look at the bottom of the milk glass for the clue, i.e. not following directions to wear the cow outfit to the butcher shop ( luckily Dallas and Toni set them straight, but they went ahead without it anyway!). And that must have  been the important item left behind.

AND to make things worst, these mistakes cost me at least 30 points in the game quiz.

Offline SD_Mama

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2008, 03:32:33 AM »
This is what Ken told me about the packs

"just left them in the taxi, to heavy to carry up the hill"

So we have an answer :) 

As for them not running the race smart, well, most of the teams are making mistakes.  Even the smartest teams make mistakes.  The urgency of the race lends itself to hare-brained thinking, and personally I think that without them the show wouldn't be as interesting.  I love watching people come back from the mistakes.