Author Topic: Amazing Race Israel Spoilers/Sightings  (Read 177310 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Israel
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2008, 09:29:52 PM »
Also posted today, (November 22nd)

I've spent the last two weeks running back and forth between my place and the parent's house as they both, along with Dustin, took a two week vacation to Japan to tour as well as see my Grandmother who lives over there in Tokyo. From what I've gathered in the past couple days (they got back Thursday evening) they had a great time, and got to experience a lot of fun things. My dad finally saw Mt. Fuji (it took 6 trips before they could see it), and Dustin thought that they saw the next Amazing Race filming going on at one of the locations they were at. He and my dad couldn't think of anything else that required teams of two to be followed everywhere by a camera-man while they frantically ran around a park and rowed in canoes out to a little island in the middle of a large pond. I never watch it, so I wouldn't have any idea if it shows up in the future...but if they have an episode based out of Japan in the future, my family saw it happening for real.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Israel
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2008, 09:50:48 PM »
Hmmmm....

The timing would fit best for TAR Israel I think based on the first sighting being 11/9.

Nov 4   teams seen at V&A waterfront Cape Town  (photo evidence)

Nov 4-5   flags seen @ Rhodes Memorial Hall, Cape Town  (thanks to batchick! via Mrs Shrek)  photo evidence

Nov 6, 7, 8 possible Vietnam (tip to peach)

Nov 11 Teams seen at HK Central Pier #9:  (thanks to kaad)
Video here (thanks to kaad and hongdomoto)

Nov 12 Victoria Peak HK  (thanks to Mrs Shrek) photo evidence

Nov 15 Sydney  "early this morning Sydney time (ard 2.30am) at Harry's Pies in Woolloomooloo" (thanks to dhall)  photo evidence

Nov 15 Sydney: The Rocks pub (under the Sydney bridge) team sighting (thanks to puddin)

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,17852.msg358619.html#msg358619

Shucks...  :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Israel
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2008, 10:01:22 PM »
Great job, Michael! If we work backwards 13 days from Nov. 22 we get Nov. 9. Now we know that AR14 arrived in Romania for Nov. 5/6/7. They could in theory have gotten to Japan on Nov. 8 late or the morning of Nov. 9. However, doing that would cut out a huge portion of Asia from legs 5, 6 and 7, so I do not think it's likely. I think that Amazing Race Israel is much more likely.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race Israel Spoilers/Sightings
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2008, 10:08:55 PM »
topaz--where are you seeing flags? ???

Another Syndey sighting for 11/15--this one in Manly:

From Bill1978 at TWoP: :ty3:

Today @ 9:56 pm
Just read this little news snippet in one of Sydney's paper, I couldn't find it online:

Manly on Amazing Map

The adrenalin was pumping in Manly last weekend and that wasn't just about securing a parking spot near the beach.

Seven's hit series The Amazing Race - where Americans team up to scour the world for clues and get back to base first - was being filmed in Manly last Sunday.

So just for an hour or so there was a sudden stampede of earnest, sweaty, tired types with backpacks clambering on the sand. The clue was beneath a towel of a sunbathing woman. So, now, Manly is well and truly on the map.

Link

Manly pictures

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Israel
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2008, 10:33:24 PM »
Nice effort Michael!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Israel
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2008, 11:18:22 PM »
my reaction to only finding TAR isreal spoilers :

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2008, 11:19:38 PM »
Here's the link, complete with Paris picture. There's a Manly Amazing Race corporate team-building thing, but the reporters must know the difference, so it's probably legit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2008, 11:27:13 PM »
Amazing Race pitstops in Sydney
By David Knox on November 23, 2008 Filed Under News The Amazing Race swept through Sydney last week, shooting episodes of its 14th season.

One reader tells TV Tonight, “I was in Sydney this weekend and they were filming new Amazing Race. They were at the Opera House. Two teams came up running with camera crews -I was so excited! I think they were after Mrs Macquarie’s Chair. I wanted to follow, them I love the show!”

According to news.com.au it was also in Manly: ….for an hour or so there was a sudden stampede of earnest, sweaty, tired types with backpacks clambering on the sand.

It’s not the first time TAR has visited Sydney, previously visiting the Harbour Bridge and Harry’s Cafe de Wheels. It’s also raced through Brissy, Perth, Adelaide, Cairn, Coober Pedy and Darwin.

Of the 14th season, Keoghan has said, “It’s incredible. It’s amazing, quite frankly. We’ll be heading out for the 14th time to go around the world. We keep having this opportunity and for me, it’s the best job I’ve ever had and I love it. And thankfully the viewers love it and it’s always nice to be employed and when you get employed. You get to go around the world and shoot great adventures with people and with an audience, there’s nothing more exciting than that.”

Source: news.com.au, CBS

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2008/11/amazing-race-pitstops-in-sydney.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2008, 11:31:31 PM »
Here's the link, complete with Paris picture. There's a Manly Amazing Race corporate team-building thing, but the reporters must know the difference, so it's probably legit.
:lol:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Israel
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2008, 11:31:55 PM »
my reaction to only finding TAR isreal spoilers :

You look good with your hair fixed like that Michael :lol: :kuss:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2008, 11:35:21 PM »

i went to the page and was looking for like.. a picture of the Eiffel tower or something..*is slow* :hides

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2008, 11:44:30 PM »

i went to the page and was looking for like.. a picture of the Eiffel tower or something..*is slow* :hides
I love you Michael! lmao!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2008, 02:21:13 PM »
Sukhothai, Thailand Novemeber 18th

"We ran into The Amazing Race Asia 4 and gave these 2 racers a lift"

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2008, 02:32:34 PM »
^^ assumes TARI and assumes the guys in orange

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2008, 02:38:03 PM »
great find puddin :hearts:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2008, 02:41:25 PM »
If they are even racers? lol I can't find anything on the racers but the camera man is good evidence that something was going on.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2008, 10:41:36 PM »
Sydney:

About that filming crew, well two braided pigtailed twins in backpacks ran by us
as a film crew chased them—we were watching the Amazing Race!! We figured it was the German television version. Certainly a strange day in the park!
http://www.travelblog.org/Oceania/Australia/Victoria/Melbourne/CBD/blog-348695.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2008, 02:49:35 AM »

wem787
View Member Profile
Find Member's Posts Just Tuned In

Today @ 1:26 am Post#36
Howdy All,

I can confirm that the Amazing Race does visit Manly, in Sydney Australia.
I was at Manly beach a couple weekends ago, getting some sun... and all of a sudden two sweaty guys with backpacks & 2 support crew (Camera man & Sound guy) ran down the beach towards where I was.

They both proceeded to get a clue envelope ( 90% sure I heard them say 'Detour' ) from a girl in an Aussie Flag bikini, sitting on an Aussie flag towel who was less and 3 meters from where I was.
The envelope directed them to nearby 'Shelly Beach' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelly_Beach_(Manly), as they were yelling to people for directions.
At Shelly beach there is Scuba diving facilities & you can go abseiling on the nearby cliffs. I assume these may be the activities they'll need to accomplish there.

As a fan of the show, seeing this was fantastic. I can't wait until S14 airs now :) 

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=3173380&view=findpost&p=11098763

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2008, 11:51:03 PM »
is this new?

Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Have a go at this...
Whew, been trying to write this post for a few days now, just busy busy busy.

So, I had the day off on Sunday and thought to myself, what better to do than go scuba diving. And off I went. Now, the diving itself was nothing utterly fantastic, visibility was crap so there wasn't a whole lot to see. It was still fun though.

What made the day VERY interesting was that the beach we were diving at, Shelly Beach in Manly, had an event happening on it. I was completely oblivious to what was happening and I'll explain why later. Anyhow, they were filming, get this, The Amazing Race on the beach. It looked like they were either doing a Detour or a Roadblock. Teams had to paddle a Surf Rescue board into the ocean and around a buoy.

While we were there, like I said, I had no idea. I though they were filming some local TV show for the Surf Rescue boys. Surf Rescue flags are also red and gold, which match the Amazing Race flags, so like I said, I was oblivious until someone actually told me that is what they were filming.

So, next season, when the teams travel to Sydney and head for Shelly Beach in Manly odds are that one of the scuba divers in the water will be me!
Posted by Ryan Johnson at 11:18 AM 

http://ryaninaus.blogspot.com/2008/11/have-go-at-this.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2008, 12:21:53 AM »
Yes! We had Manly and Shelly but not the tasks--thank you! :<3

I'm kind of jealous of this route--it looks like great fun!

Wonder if they will caption the show in English since it is being filmed in Hebrew?

Somehow I don't think I can learn Hebrew in time to enjoy it, :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2008, 12:32:05 AM »

Wonder if they will caption the show in English since it is being filmed in Hebrew?

lmao peach. We can get Kogs to translate but still, I don't think it would be all that enoyable.
I'd love to know who won though!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2008, 01:05:34 PM »
Presents!! :hearts:

Please give a BIG :bigwelcome to our newest RFF member, sandshark, who was kind enough to send us these photos!

They were taken at Table Mountain, Cape Town, on 11/4.

He'll be joining us here a bit later on to tell us the whole story himself, but meanwhile we can enjoy these gorgeous shots!! (And he may have seen a red team as well?)

:ty3: sandshark--we are so glad you found us!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »
The girls are gorgeous, thank you for sharing sandshark :)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2008, 11:40:49 PM »

lmao peach. We can get Kogs to translate but still, I don't think it would be all that enoyable.
I'd love to know who won though!

i am here for all your hebrew translations as needed

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2008, 11:47:26 PM »
Finally!!! :<3