Author Topic: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'  (Read 171098 times)

Offline AbbyNormal

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2008, 03:03:04 PM »
Remember that from the very first reports from Portland, someone mentioned that "they were being sent" to Seattle?

If the Frats really misplaced their passports and recovered them ASAP the same morning of the Moscow-Frankfurt-Portland flight they could have come in the following flights through SEATTLE, NOT IN TIME FOR THE FINISH LINE, but in time for the confessional:

10:10 am Depart Moscow (SVO)
Arrive Portland (PDX) 4:50 pm Sunday
Duration: 17hr 40mn    Aeroflot-Russian Airlines 229  Northwest 33  / 5186
Connect in Amsterdam (AMS), Seattle (SEA)

They might have come through Seattle and maybe an extra crew was sent from Portland to Seattle to meet them at SEA-TAC, hence someone mentioning "they were sent to Seattle". This makes sense for the Frats's 6PM sighting... as decoys.

Of course this all means that I am betting on the Frats' elimination in leg 10, due to their slowness, inabilities, immaturity and of course, the speedbump... and maybe a U-turn when-where they felt comfortable to leave their passports?

I just realized something. If you lose your passport overseas, the big problem is being able to get back into the US.  However, you can have your passport expedited - but you have to pick it up (or have a courier pick it up) at a Passport Agency. Where I live, the closest agency is in Chicago. Guess where the closest one is to Portland, OR? It's in Seattle! Could our team that lost it's passports be flying to Seattle first in an attempt to pick up their expedited passports?

From http://travel.state.gov/passport/lost/lost_849.html

For Lost or stolen passports Overseas, please contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate
How to Report and Replace a Lost or Stolen Passport in the U.S.

There are two steps required to get a new passport. First, you must report your valid passport lost or stolen immediately. This is required of anyone who loses or has a passport stolen. The second step is to replace your passport. Both steps and forms required are described below.

To Report a Lost or Stolen Passport:
Complete Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport, Form DS-64

Fill in as much of the passport information as you can.
Answer all the other questions in detail.
Sign and submit above Form DS-64, Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport, to:

U.S. Department of State
Passport Services
Consular Lost/Stolen Passport Section
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20036
Do not mail your new passport application to this address. In order to obtain a new passport you must appear in person at a Passport Agency or Acceptance Facility as outlined below.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: November 25, 2008, 04:12:25 PM »
Ok, I doubt this is gona help with anything excpt maybe a time, but remember a while ago we had that photo of Andrew searching the hedges? Could be of use I guess.

How I see it, Andrew and Dan are eliminated this episode. They were seen in Portland by that witness who said "they certainly were not running". So unless they survive this leg and just give up at the end, I'd go with them getting eliminated.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2008, 04:22:04 PM »
they did look very relaxed in their Portland confessional at the mansion, not dirty or anything, AND they were talking about how many mistakes they have made....

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2008, 04:34:07 PM »
they did look very relaxed in their Portland confessional at the mansion, not dirty or anything, AND they were talking about how many mistakes they have made....

Yea they were relaxed talking about mistakes becuase according to spoilers they were way way behind the first teams into Portland.  They prob make another mistake in the finals.  And considering how late the spoiler says they were, they could even get interviewed the next day.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2008, 04:43:30 PM »
Ok, I doubt this is gona help with anything excpt maybe a time, but remember a while ago we had that photo of Andrew searching the hedges? Could be of use I guess.

How I see it, Andrew and Dan are eliminated this episode. They were seen in Portland by that witness who said "they certainly were not running". So unless they survive this leg and just give up at the end, I'd go with them getting eliminated.

That was a blatant fake spoiler North, the asshole even admitted to it.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: November 25, 2008, 04:48:57 PM »
ty ty for the info.. the wrap party in masscow might have been for the crew?? jmo i use to work in tv station, we did not have wrap partys for our shows but the crews wrk realy hard and there might have been 2 wrap partys one for the crew and one for the racers and talent phillanater..  :tup:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2008, 04:53:23 PM »

Yea they were relaxed talking about mistakes becuase according to spoilers they were way way behind the first teams into Portland.  They prob make another mistake in the finals.  And considering how late the spoiler says they were, they could even get interviewed the next day.

The next day? I hardly think so :lol:. There is plenty of daylight in Portland on May 14th ...

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2008, 05:16:18 PM »
The roped off area.......a "penalty box" for not finishing a roadblock or taking wrong kind of transportation?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 06:07:31 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2008, 06:09:40 PM »
The roped off area.......a "penalty box" for not finishing a roadblock or taking wrong kind of transportation?
Roped off because I think that Nick and Starr arrived before they were prepared for them, thats my opinion.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2008, 06:16:17 PM »
Well, it looks more and more like Toni & Dallas might not be the team who misplace their passports.  However, the Frat Boys could well be the ones -- they've made a lot of stupid mistakes.  Nick & Starr and Ken & Tina also made their fair share of mistakes -- but Ken & Tina were seen in Portland, so it's not them.

So it's down to the Frat Boys, Nick & Starr and Toni & Dallas (outside shot in my eyes).  I'm not saying who I hope loses the passports.

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #160 on: November 25, 2008, 06:26:59 PM »
Speedbump done at Sokolniki Park i think .....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2008, 06:55:37 PM »
:yess:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2008, 07:25:11 PM »
Looks like a match and real close to the pit stop too.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2008, 07:34:03 PM »
Dancers waiting in the wings ..........so all teams must go here to get a clue right?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2008, 07:40:09 PM »
Looks like a match and real close to the pit stop too.
...... about 18 mins by car or Estimated: 31 mins by Metro

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2008, 09:27:14 PM »
ty ty for the info.. the wrap party in masscow might have been for the crew?? jmo i use to work in tv station, we did not have wrap partys for our shows but the crews wrk realy hard and there might have been 2 wrap partys one for the crew and one for the racers and talent phillanater..  :tup:

When I first thought of this party as a "wrap party," I started thinking just who would be there. I guess you could count Phil and the racers as the "Tallent," but I just really put Phil in that class. The racers are, well, the racers. And by racers, I mean the final 3 and the 3 decoys. Then you have the production crew. Since they did two legs in Moscow, you have both of the flip flopping production crews in one place at one time.

I would assume that as soon as Phil is finished with his mat chats, he is off to catch a flight for Portland. I would assume that the production crew from Moscow leg 1 is set to leave later that night also with the 3 eliminated teams. I think Phil would be alone or maybe with one asst, but the rest would be on other flights, so they arrive in Portland earlier than the racers, and probably coming from a domestic airport like NYC or Chicago.

I just thought with most of them having been running around the world for the last 3 weeks, it would probably be the last time they were all together by themselves for a little camraderie, crew and "cast". When they get back, there will be other people around that
did not share in the experience. Not really all that important anyway. Just the wonderings of an old stagehand.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2008, 09:35:17 PM »
I think it is also possible that this was just the Pitstop itself, not really a party.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2008, 09:42:47 PM »
Oh NICE JOB puddin on the Speedbump location!!  :jumpy: :hearts: :jumpy:

Definite match!  :yess:

Now if Boingo will just stick a placemark in there somewhere.....  :angel:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2008, 10:04:04 PM »
Is this new? It seems slightly different from before--from CBS;

You're Gonna Get Me Killed
One team makes an unprecedented mistake on the road that ultimately prohibits them from joining their fellow Racers at the finish line.  :'(

Racers hunt for Red October to find a cryptic clue. submarine task

One Racer's lack of historic knowledge stalls their race in the Graveyard of Fallen Monuments. Dallas?

One team falls behind when confused by Moscow's many modes of public transportation. Ken/Tina?

One racer uses Pictionary skills to communicate with their taxi driver.  ??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2008, 10:47:58 PM »
DrRox said
I think Phil would be alone or maybe with one asst, but the rest would be on other flights, so they arrive in Portland earlier than the racers, and probably coming from a domestic airport like NYC or Chicago.

This is subject to some analysis. It is possible but unlikely that Phil would be on a private jet to go from Moscow to Portland. However, since he would probably fly commercial flights, he must leave on or  before 220pm to be able to get there late evening. There are about 8 different combinations possible, but the best is:

SU321  SVO LAX  1630 connects with NW5136  LAX PDX  2040 2305
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:41:35 AM by apskip »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2008, 11:12:24 PM »
I am sorry. I didn't mean to imply he would be on a private jet. I meant that he would be going commerical. He just would be traveling alone or possibly with one asst. He would have to leave after the last team to arrive at the mat and with Dandrew......who knows when that will be. I was thinking it would have to be later in the evening....after 6 pm to even leave the pit stop to head to the airport in Moscow.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2008, 11:29:49 PM »
This is what we have so far, I'll add when we get new things or things that I missed, lol

thanks as always to the TAR Detectives  :jam:

Clues:

ONE TEAM MAKES AN UNPRECEDENTED MISTAKE ON THE ROAD THAT COSTS THEM DEARLY, WHILE ANOTHER TEAM STRUGGLES TO STAY THE COURSE WHILE NAVIGATING MOSCOW'S CONFUSING PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 13," SUNDAY, NOV. 30 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK
"You're Gonna Get Me Killed" -
One Team makes an unprecedented mistake that prohibits them from joining their fellow Racers at the finish line, while another Team struggles to make it through Moscow's public transportation system, on THE AMAZING RACE 13, Sunday, Nov. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

You're Gonna Get Me Killed
*One team makes an unprecedented mistake on the road that ultimately prohibits them from joining their fellow Racers at the finish line.
*Racers hunt for Red October to find a cryptic clue.
*One Racer's lack of historic knowledge stalls their race in the Graveyard of Fallen Monuments.
*One team falls behind when confused by Moscow's many modes of public transportation.
*One racer uses Pictionary skills to communicate with their taxi driver.
BVM: • As for the challenges, Another must-see detour: A by-train-or-by-bus scavenger hunt in Moscow

:bar:
*Racers hunt for Red October to find a cryptic clue. 
Slowhatch: The "Red October" stuff is of course fictional, but there's a sub/museum parked near Khimki to the northwest of the city. The Graveyard of Fallen Monuments is behind the Central House of Artists.

Travel by Taxi to Tushino park

Taxi!!

Chateau:It's probably been said already but Tina is getting wet outside the entrance to Gorky Park.  Panaramio
Bonigo: :lol: yep, they are exiting taxis across from Gorky Park gate to enter Sculpture Park.
Nick steals Tina and Kens old taxi

Splash!

Roadblock
*One Racer's lack of historic knowledge stalls their race in the Graveyard of Fallen Monuments.

Bulgakov’s flat and Sculpture Park. thanks to Chateau & Boingo 

Speedbump @ Sokolniki Park       

Dandrew learn a new dance move 

Detours       
BVM: • As for the challenges, Another must-see detour: A by-train-or-by-bus scavenger hunt in Moscow   

<< thanks Matt, it's been a fun ride  :jam:

???

Pitstop

May 13th All Russian Centre special thanks to Robyn and friends :jam:

First team to arrive, Nick and Starr
misc~

Dandrew at Victory Park thanks Boingo

No idea here, lol

« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 11:34:53 PM by puddin »

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2008, 04:43:25 AM »
'You're Gonna Get Me Killed' --> I do believe Andrew might say to that quote because since Dan isn't a good marcher on the previous episode, he even can't dance very well, too and Andrew feared that Dan might kick his face while they're doing a Russian folk dance during the Speed Bump. :snicker:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: November 26, 2008, 09:22:46 AM »
I am sorry. I didn't mean to imply he would be on a private jet. I meant that he would be going commerical. He just would be traveling alone or possibly with one asst. He would have to leave after the last team to arrive at the mat and with Dandrew......who knows when that will be. I was thinking it would have to be later in the evening....after 6 pm to even leave the pit stop to head to the airport in Moscow.

I am not sure I articulated my point properly. With only one exception(see below) flights from Moscow will not reach Portland if leaving after 220pm. There just isn't enough traffic across the Atlantic to send planes east to west in the early evening. Working backward, the latest flights that can reach Portland from an East Coast gateway city would probably be

CO784  1906 2227  EWR PDX  or  DL741  1915 1101  JFK PDX

So the next step is to find appropriate flights to EWR or JFK from suitable gateways in Europe like Frankfurst, Paris, London, Amsterdam and Helsinki as well as from Moscow direct. Gateways departures that can connect above after 220pm are:

LHR JFK  1515 1815  BA113
LHR EWR  none within Newark conect time
AMS to either JFK or EWR nothing
CDG to either JFK or EWR too tight a connection
FRA to either JFK or EWR nothing
HEL to either JFK or EWR nothing
SVO JFK  SU316  1555 1820

Since you can't possibly get from after 220pm in Moscow to London instantaneously to make the above connection, that can be ruled out. We are left with the Areoflot 316 flight leaving Moscow at 355pm to connect with DL641 leaving JFK at 1915 as the only possibility. That would give Phil another 95 minutes vs. the 220pm flight.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2008, 09:37:06 AM »
I don't Know if this had been posted yet in this thread, but if you look behind Toni in both of the images we have for the roadblock you can see Ken and Star. I guess this is where they get passed by them?