Author Topic: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'  (Read 171587 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2008, 12:13:12 AM »
Me?  I'm just thankful that your source did not get video of these two arriving at the mat in Moscow.

It would have been agony to know that these past weeks.   :pull :pull

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2008, 12:15:28 AM »
So where is that shot taken? Those light poles look familiar, lol!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2008, 12:40:14 AM »

Can any of you fancy people see if she has it on in that short clip. My eyes are not that quick.

Thats not what I really meant. What I meant to say was..........If any of you people with fancy gizmos to do a screen capture of that TV preview from Sunday night. I "think" Toni has her fanny pack, but her arm is in the way and I can't tell, because it is on there for such a short period to time.

My apologies.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2008, 01:31:31 AM »
I dont think she did ?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2008, 01:42:45 AM »
You can't tell in that shot.

She normally wears it around her waist not over her shoulder:

And you can't see it in that preview, the shot doesn't show her waist:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2008, 01:58:11 AM »

Can any of you fancy people see if she has it on in that short clip. My eyes are not that quick.

Thats not what I really meant. What I meant to say was..........If any of you people with fancy gizmos to do a screen capture of that TV preview from Sunday night. I "think" Toni has her fanny pack, but her arm is in the way and I can't tell, because it is on there for such a short period to time.

My apologies.

Dallas is wearing it during the roadblock .......

and I agree, when Dallas says "we have nothing" its a voice over.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 02:04:31 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2008, 02:11:04 AM »
Again, it seems to me the Roadblock comes first, the statues, that is why you see the teams bunched sans Dandrew.
We know the speedbump comes before the detours right?
Up thread Boingo points out the Frats are near Victory Park but is that where they pick up their speedbump or is that where they do the speedbump?

BVM: • As for the challenges, Another must-see detour: A by-train-or-by-bus scavenger hunt in Moscow
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 02:15:30 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2008, 02:32:34 AM »
Boingos wonderful maps  :sucks

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2008, 03:07:33 AM »
In the picture of DanDrew at the speedbump sign, it looks to me that the dance troop is in the background, maybe +/- 50 yards. The same yellow shirts and black pants as the later pic.

I looked back at the last three episodes and I never saw Dallas with the fanny pack. I know it looks like that is a fanny pack, but I think it is some kind of identifier for the racers. So the cameramen can keep track of them in crowds. Some sort of patch attached to the bottom of the backpacks. Something the cameramen can see in their lenses. I held an IA card for 20 years and it just seems like somewhat of a stagehand trick to me again. I think those pics from the Bangkok airport show backpacks with the same identifier on them.

Also, Toni just doesn't seem like the type of person to let her son take care of her "purse." I guess, to me, it is the whole single mom, head of household mentality she has. He didnt wear the fanny pack at the bakery or at the holi festival roadblocks, so why now?

Well I am going to go back and look at some earlier episodes and see if I see the same stuff. Thanks for the picks of Moscow. At least know I have the geography in my head.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2008, 03:23:12 AM »
Regarding the puzzle that is making us all go crazy I want to comment on the following:

1.- Terms originally used: UNPRECEDENTED MISTAKE / (FRATS) THEY MAKE TERRIBLE MISTAKES
2.- Mistakes ARE NOT THEFT
3.- Mistakes ARE NOT A LOSS
4.- Mistakes ARE HUMANLY CAUSED
5.- MistakeS in PLURAL, Almaty: First, Moscow: Second.

Since the Frats EASILY left their shoes at the Puppet Theatre in Almaty, why not consider the Sub Exhibit or the Speedbump.

I'll take the Sub Exhibit: The Frats leave their Documents and Valuables at the Exhibit, the Exhibit closes for the day. They keep racing since they know where their stuff is. The Frats recover their D&V the next day later than the FRA PDX departure and are seen in Oregon at a much later time, thus PREVENTING them from being at the finish line, and they are sent as decoys and asked for a confessional later in the day at the Mansion, once the finish line set has already been taken down for the day. If shoes are not important for the race why should their passports be? M-i-s-t-a-k-e-s.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2008, 03:55:29 AM »
Remember that from the very first reports from Portland, someone mentioned that "they were being sent" to Seattle?

If the Frats really misplaced their passports and recovered them ASAP the same morning of the Moscow-Frankfurt-Portland flight they could have come in the following flights through SEATTLE, NOT IN TIME FOR THE FINISH LINE, but in time for the confessional:

10:10 am Depart Moscow (SVO)
Arrive Portland (PDX) 4:50 pm Sunday
Duration: 17hr 40mn    Aeroflot-Russian Airlines 229  Northwest 33  / 5186
Connect in Amsterdam (AMS), Seattle (SEA)

They might have come through Seattle and maybe an extra crew was sent from Portland to Seattle to meet them at SEA-TAC, hence someone mentioning "they were sent to Seattle". This makes sense for the Frats's 6PM sighting... as decoys.

Of course this all means that I am betting on the Frats' elimination in leg 10, due to their slowness, inabilities, immaturity and of course, the speedbump... and maybe a U-turn when-where they felt comfortable to leave their passports?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 04:06:02 AM by Xarles »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2008, 07:58:10 AM »
Xarles, I like most of your thinking. However the "connect in Amsterdam and Seattle" approach does not have to be for Dan and Andrew. It could apply to any of the other 3 teams just as well if they lost important documents they need to exit Russia and enter the U.S.. We know that Nick/Starr are capable of losing important documents. It would be easy for me to think that Ken/Tina could also have done so. I think Toni doing it is the least probable scenario, as she is the most responsible individual currently in the race.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2008, 08:53:42 AM »
Adding to my speculation of the Frats -misplacing- their passports and only their passports... they were moneyless already and we donīt know if they were getting money for the next leg:

On E09 there's a confessional, taped in Portland, where they state: "I was not a fan of buying the shoes".

Why so many explanations if they were not the "mistake experts"? Why if they were with the pack? Why if they were the winners? God forbid. Why in Portland? Why that late?

Here is my speculation:

During leg 10 the Frats misplace/forget/abandon their documents, as they are not worried for the money since there is none or little. Then, after the speedbump, they arrive last, way behind as they had been back somewhere to pick up their documents after they figured out they didn't have them,  they get eliminated, then they, again, go back looking for their passports, find them or realize where did they leave them, but the place (where they left them) won't open until next morning.

They were so late to the pitstop that our Moscow informant missed them and second place went to Toni and Dallas.

F3 depart Moscow at 7AM on next day to Portalnd, Frats are not in the F3 but attention is at how will they get out of Russia to join the rest at the finish line since they don't have their documents.

After or during the final episode (E11) BVM has to let us know if any left-behinds arrive safely back in the US and that's why they are taped late in the evening at the Mansion, so we all get to know they came back safely and all of the explanations on how they lost their documents and how they had to take the Amsterdam-Seattle connection.

They might have been sent as decoys in the evening -just for confusing US on WHO had lost their documents-!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2008, 09:06:14 AM »
I like that better than poor Toni/Dallas losing their stuff. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.  :hearts:

And I have been saying for ages that someone ran decoy after the mat....  :yes: :angel:

Why is Andrew in an antique store scratching his head? ???  Looking for a clue on a scavenger hunt? Or a passport? :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2008, 09:11:22 AM »
And we finally get to see Chateau's Museum used with a cluebox: gosh, was that REALLY 6 months ago?!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2008, 09:18:48 AM »
So we need this location for the Speedbump, right?:

It isn't the Victory Park fountain:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 09:26:54 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2008, 09:32:04 AM »
JMO if this whole pass port thing was so hoorrabble that some one did not make it out of russa than i think cbs would have made a much bigger deal of it.. one team is left in russa blha blha blah, any way i hope it is the frat boys and that toni and dallas r still in the race i rember reading the post befor the race started and the pink spandx coment on a pretty woman stod out i guess some one thinks tina is pretty??? any way it was about a sitghting in portland..also there were pic of dandrew in portland. i don't nowhere isaw them but who ever posted them thought they were decoy pic's at the time.. also in portland.. :meow:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2008, 09:33:51 AM »
Yes, we know DanAndrew are in Portland by about 6PM.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2008, 09:36:21 AM »
so if they were elemated in russa could they have flew home early cause they were no longer raceing?
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2008, 09:53:07 AM »
Nope. If they had all the proper documentaion, they still would have had to stay with the other eliminated teams acting as decoy (Christy/Kelly, Terence/Sarah).
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2008, 10:09:15 AM »
Just to help with the sequencing, I saw that the frats are doing their Speed Bump when the pavement is dry and wet.  So, they have to be there just before the down pour hits Moscow.  And that places the Speed Bump before the Roadblock at the Sculpture Garden.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2008, 10:15:56 AM »
Nope. If they had all the proper documentaion, they still would have had to stay with the other eliminated teams acting as decoy (Christy/Kelly, Terence/Sarah).
not if it is the last leg when they do it they would b un able to join them being so far away and needing to get bk to the st's for the finaly pit. i am realy confused though about the comment one team is not at the final pit stop?? rumor or report???
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2008, 10:26:35 AM »
Tory, the last two or three eliminated teams run the last few legs of the race with the racers as decoy, they stay with them and often have the opportunity to do some of the same tasks.

I think we should take this over here though, where the answers to most of your questions already are: (see the first post for the answer to where the comment about one team not at the final pitstop came from)
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,16823.0.html

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2008, 11:59:59 AM »

QUOTE:
now amazing race info for you guys:

the team that vanessa took a pic of was obviously the first. i can't describe the 2nd team. we saw them at a difference. but as we were leaving, maybe 4 or 5 hrs after the first went through, we bumped into a 3rd as they got off the monorail. she was blond and wearing spandex pink. she was yelling at the guy she was with and they fought over the right direction. she sprinted the wrong way, then they figured it out. it was pretty funny.

they also had a huge amazing race party that night at a hall at the back of the exhibition centre. it was all very secretive.

also, did you know once the contestants come through they sit at the side? i always envisioned them giong off to a hotel, but no they sat in a waiting area until at the one of the other teams came thorugh.

talk soon

robyn

Huge party does indeed sound like a wrap party.

However, key people, such as Phil must leave Moscow as soon as the last team arrives and is Philiminated.  Phil is trying to stay ahead of the racers so that he can film all the key shots before the racers get there.

Offline PennyLane84

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2008, 02:01:32 PM »
you guys do such a wonderful job... i cant wait to see the episode, im so nervous!!
thanks for a great season!!!