Author Topic: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'  (Read 171584 times)

Offline jose

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2008, 03:13:04 PM »
i been compareing the pictures of dandrews dance and the closet dance was called SKHOMOROKHI

Offline jose

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2008, 03:49:56 PM »
if u look on 1 picture you can see that tina and ken put there stuff on a different bag

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2008, 04:02:30 PM »
We have to also note the preview said passports and money.  So it must happen after they are given money for the leg  And with no money they prob. cant finish the leg.  so Ken and Tina, and Nick and Starr just getting to the matt tell me they don't loose anything.

My guess is the team [most prob . Toni and Dallas at this point] loose their passports, cant find them, and thats that, they wouldnt continue the leg, Amazing Race Emergency Service would be called to help them.   I dont see why a team would continue to race a leg while their passports are gone.

Offline jose

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2008, 04:08:02 PM »
i dont think it's nick and starr because they look kind of happy when they get to the finish line  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2008, 04:30:16 PM »
for Chateau

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2008, 05:20:13 PM »
Well, shadows don't lie...   

but that is a more than 2 hour difference from what our eyewitness told us. :duno:

I'm going with Chateau on this one! In reviewing some of the info from the source, it is clear that there is a lot of leeway about the time, so I think we need to take her times not so literally.

puddin and I are reviewing all the info from our source, so if there are any new tidbits or information to add, one of us will! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2008, 06:28:42 PM »
Actually, I'm thinking Dandrew loses their passports and can't finish the Race.  Better them than Toni & Dallas.

Belle Book

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2008, 06:37:38 PM »
How late can DanDrew arrive at the Leg 10 Pit Stop and still make the 7:05 Lufthansa flight out the next morning? Maybe they are late in PDX because they have to fly a later, different route?

That party that Robynn spoke about.......sure sounds like a wrap party to me, before heading back to the States. Their last time to be a group together, before finish line madness starts.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 07:44:26 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2008, 07:25:58 PM »
for Chateau

Thanks Puddin.  But I can't find anything useful in those shots.  The sun has gone down low and behind the general cloud cover.  It is much later than the Nick & Starr shot where we can actually see things that are getting sunshine on them.

To determine the Ken & Tina time I would take your source's time differential since Nick & Starr and add it to my 4 to 4:30 estimate for Nick & Starr. 

Probably the frats arrived so much later that your source was gone by then.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2008, 07:58:53 PM »
for Chateau

Thanks Puddin.  But I can't find anything useful in those shots.  The sun has gone down low and behind the general cloud cover.  It is much later than the Nick & Starr shot where we can actually see things that are getting sunshine on them.

To determine the Ken & Tina time I would take your source's time differential since Nick & Starr and add it to my 4 to 4:30 estimate for Nick & Starr. 

Probably the frats arrived so much later that your source was gone by then.
For the love of God I hope you are right Chateau  :iok :wine:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2008, 08:17:54 PM »
Actually, I'm thinking Dandrew loses their passports and can't finish the Race.  Better them than Toni & Dallas.

Belle Book

But Dan and Andrew have a confessional at Pittoch Mansion, which is the Finish Line for the finale, so clearly they make it to Portland.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2008, 08:48:53 PM »
Suppose Toni/Dallas lose their passports and can't continue. Suppose too that Dan/Andrew arrive last to the pitstop.

Would production allow Dan/Andrew to stay in the race, effectively eliminating Toni/Dallas instead?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2008, 09:11:51 PM »
I've been wondering too if production would let the last place team stay in if another team could not continue...

But I think it much more likely that the poor team who loses their passport and money will come to a screeching halt...frantically looking, and with no way to even get a taxi/bus/ to the Pitstop. That will prob make them even later than Dan/Andrew who have to complete the Speedbump. Not to mention if there is a U-turn to contend with...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2008, 09:18:26 PM »
though we know that there is a 2nd placing team in between nick/starr and ken/tina

Toni/Dallas surely

Dandrew couldn't have caught up and done all tasks and the speed bump, they're racing skills just aren't up to it!!!

maybe the interview at the mansion is discussing all their mistakes, shoes, passports etc etc

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2008, 09:52:13 PM »
Nick and Starr -First Place

Ken and Tina mess up, allowing Dandrew to pass
Dandrew-Second
Kentina: Third

Toni and Dallas: DNF.  There is no way the race will allow them to finish the leg without a passport.  They are not going to be like "oh thats no big deal, just keep going on with the leg", Toni and Dallas are going to have to search all over for their passports, which they will not find and never even make it to the matt.  They will be taken out mid leg, prob only appear at the end to be eliminated. 

Dallas always was a moron.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2008, 09:54:56 PM »

Dandrew-Second

Toni and Dallas: DNF.  There is no way the race will allow them to finish the leg without a passport.  They are not going to be like "oh thats no big deal, just keep going on with the leg", Toni and Dallas are going to have to search all over for their passports, which they will not find and never even make it to the matt.  They will be taken out mid leg, prob only appear at the end to be eliminated. 

not really.....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2008, 10:04:49 PM »
?
though we know that there is a 2nd placing team in between nick/starr and ken/tina

Toni/Dallas surely

Dandrew couldn't have caught up and done all tasks and the speed bump, they're racing skills just aren't up to it!!!

maybe the interview at the mansion is discussing all their mistakes, shoes, passports etc etc

Well we think we know there is a second place team:

"we couldn't see the 2nd team--we were too far away..."

But this is what is driving us nuts...

The mistake prevents the team from joining their fellow racers at the final mat. So why would we see Dan/Andrew there at all if it was them?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2008, 10:09:51 PM »
maybe they arrive at the location but are too late for the final mat - doubtful but i'm clinging at straws

Offline AbbyNormal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2008, 10:14:00 PM »
?

Toni/Dallas surely

The mistake prevents the team from joining their fellow racers at the final mat. So why would we see Dan/Andrew there at all if it was them?

I put this in another thread, but the word that keeps jumping out at me is ULTIMATELY. To me it sounds like the team is not immediately eliminated. I'm starting to think Dan/Andrew are eliminated next but the team with the lost passports can't get their replacements in time, and the race comes down to 2 teams (Ken and Tina being one of them). Dan and Andrew would then be used as decoys in Portland.

*Disclaimer: I REALLLY want Dan and Andrew gone, so I am going on wishful thinking at this point.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2008, 10:31:49 PM »
?

Toni/Dallas surely

I put this in another thread, but the word that keeps jumping out at me is ULTIMATELY. To me it sounds like the team is not immediately eliminated. I'm starting to think Dan/Andrew are eliminated next but the team with the lost passports can't get their replacements in time, and the race comes down to 2 teams (Ken and Tina being one of them). Dan and Andrew would then be used as decoys in Portland.

*Disclaimer: I REALLLY want Dan and Andrew gone, so I am going on wishful thinking at this point.

One possibility is that Toni & Dallas lose their passports, etc. and finish 2nd. Andrew & Dan are eliminated. They are farther away from the finish line than the two other eliminated decoy teams: Terence & Sarah (who in my opinion are the "very fit" ones), and Kelly & Christy. Because of this, they act as decoys two hours after the finish. Toni & Dallas are in f3 but can't race and are not at the finish line.

But then that would mean that Andrew & Dan wouldn't be at the finish line either, so I don't know what to think. :duno:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2008, 10:49:25 PM »

Dandrew-Second

not really.....

Eh to you, but to me not knowing where New Zealand, Cambodia, and India are qualifies one to be a moron.

And again how are Toni and Dallas getting to the pit stop before anyone.  What are they going to just stop looking for their passports after an hour, and say "no passports, no big deal, lets keep going", they are going to have to keep looking for their passports, and because they dont find them, they prob never move on in the leg.

Just image

"oh Passports, who needs those, lets keep racing".  And again its not like Dandrew's shoes its not like they can just check in without passports and be able to move on.  Those are kind of necessary.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2008, 10:53:30 PM »

Toni/Dallas surely

maybe they arrive at the location but are too late for the final mat - doubtful but i'm clinging at straws
*puddin clings to patlini's straws  :colors :manicure :ya3:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2008, 11:06:03 PM »
Eh to you, but to me not knowing where New Zealand, Cambodia, and India are qualifies one to be a moron.

oh the irony.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2008, 11:51:58 PM »
I have looked at the preview of next weeks episode till I am blue in the face. The one after last night's episode, not the longer version online. They have one 3-4 second pic of Dallas and Toni at a route marker with very sad faces. Dallas is holding a clue and I cant tell if Toni has the fanny pack around her waist. You dont see Dallas talking, when they shoot Toni you hear Dallas. Whether it is a live comment or a voice over, I cant tell. But he says, "We have nothing"

I went back and watched the last three episodes........and she always had that fanny pack on her waist, in front. The one time she didnt have it around her waist, it was hanging around her neck at the mongol/eagle route marker. Can any of you fancy people see if she has it on in that short clip. My eyes are not that quick.

I am assuming that in the next episode, that they go to the submarine to get a route marker sending them to the detour in downtown Moscow.......after that.......they make there way to the roadblock. At the roadblock, as Dallas is wandering around the statues, Toni does a cameo. She is very cheerful and happy talking about the education she bought for Dallas. Ken and Starr are sitting right behind her on a bench. So I would think that after the roadblock is completed they get the clue to go to the Pit Stop. I would think if they lost their passports anywhere before the roadblock, she would not be happy. In the background, Ken and Starr do not look very happy......or maybe just tried and stressed. Anyway, if this scenario is true, they could make their way to the Pit Stop without either money or passports. It would just probably be a long walk. In the preview, they have their backpacks, so I hope they didnt get robbed on the street. I wouldnt think they would with a camera crew following them, but you never know.  If they were robbed, that would explain why they didnt spend a lot of time looking for them.....and just walked to the Pit Stop.

Also, dont they send people off the mat to the side......if another team is approaching? That might explain why Starr/Nick were sitting there......but I would have thought that Robynn would have noticed the second team coming.

Well thanks for letting this newb post my thoughts.
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2008, 12:03:28 AM »
That's a great idea--follow the fanny pack! :jumpy:

I was a bit perplexed about the "holding area" myself as that seems a little unusual in my experience.

Here is what she replied to my Q's:

also, once the team came through they went to a holding area where they sat in a circle of chairs. they were the only ones there

it's just a holding area with a circle of chairs. they were drinking water and waited for quite a long time. at least an hour, then we left.

One of the probs is that our source was not right at the Mat the whole time. They wandered, having their own tour, visiting the exhibitions for a couple of hours so a team could easily have come thru while they weren't there.
RFF's Golden Rule: