First attempted by Neobie, we need to figure out where the Teams started the race (or at least what city they connected through
Here's my refinement of the report that seven Teams were spotted in Frankfurt and flew to Zurich.
The witness, Matt, had arrived in Frannkfurt on Lufthansa LH 469 from Portland on Saturday November 1st. The plane was scheduled to land at 9:05 am but was actually there at 8:16 am (that flight often arrives early). I'm assuming that the seven Teams had also arrived from the US on their first leg of the race.
The flight that Matt and the seven Teams took to Zurich was probably Eurowiss SWU 1071 scheduled to take off at 10:15 am and arrive at 11:20 am in Zurich. So to get closer to our Start City for the race I looked for all in-bound flights from the US that had been scheduled to arrive inside the window from 8:00 am to 9:15 am. The lower-bound of that window is set by having them arrive with comfortable time to make the connection but not too early because there was a 9:10 am flight to Zurich. And the upper-bound of the window gives the standard one hour connection time.
With that in mind it looks to me like the Teams would have arrived on either
1) LH 427 from PHL Philadelphia, arriving at 8:05 am
2) UA 952 from IAD Washington, arriving at 8:15am
3) UA 900 from SFO San Francisco, arriving at 8:45 am
4) LH 445 from ATL Atlanta, arriving at 9:00 am
5) LH 439 from Dallas, arriving at 9:05 am
6) LH 441 from Houston, arriving at 9:05 am
7) UA 940 from ORD Chicago, arriving at 9:15 am
ocho) CO 50 from EWR Newark, arriving at 9:15 am