Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 674584 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #1100 on: February 17, 2009, 10:52:51 AM »
If she made the post on the 21st, that fits :jumpy: because we believe teams were in Guilin 18-20. So she is talking about something that already has happened? So that all fits...

Not sure why she has the other dates wrong? Are we losing something in translation? ???

Yes, the blogpost is indeed on the 21st and she recounted EVERYTHING she has done for the past few days, on her job working as a product assistant..

I think she deliberately edited and changed the dates.. because she isn't allowed to reveal the real time and date?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1101 on: February 17, 2009, 03:40:05 PM »
That could be, Joab. The main thing you found some more stuff for us that is definitely appreciated! :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1102 on: February 17, 2009, 03:59:42 PM »
Thanks Joab.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 04:25:32 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1103 on: February 17, 2009, 06:51:35 PM »
fwiw I just sat through the Insider clips and Cara/Jamie Victor/Tammy Marge/Luke have an alliance and it looks like Michael & Mark are in that alliance as well.

Amanda & Kris were aligned with Preston & Jen who were also aligned with Mike & Mel

No one wants to be aligned with Linda and Steve because they are too slow

I'm saddened by the fact that no one wants to be aligned with Linda & Steve but I can see why.  As for the other alliances -- it's interesting that four of the presumed Final 5 teams are in an alliance.  I wonder if those four are the Final 4?

Belle Book

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1104 on: February 18, 2009, 10:59:40 PM »
Thanks to Joab's excellent find:

On the 24th morning, she reached the hotel at 7.30am in the morning and started working. Because filming will begin on the next day, they have to finish all the preparation by today and ensure that nothing goes wrong. She talks about how the foreigners (production team) does not have the habit of taking an afternoon nap and some of them didn't even take their lunch. She worked for the entire day and only ate a few biscuits and felt awful.

kept ourselves busy with making the props. J.R told us that the props must be done by 9.30pm and transported up Die Cai Shan to be prepared and put into place. Then the four of us (Seth, J.R and Nora), together with another 2 masters at making props from Guilin, had to give up the idea of eating a proper meal to rush out the props. At around 8pm, the props were still not done but they had to move them up to the mountain already.
We were able  to make contact but she was unable to tell us more:

Hello,

Looks like you guys are big fans of the show!

I'm not very good with dates; usually just remember which day of the week it is. Thinking back, I'm not very sure with the dates, sorry!

... we couldn't know exactly what the activities are.

My guess is that she added a week to the dates, perhaps just looked at a calendar in error?

Anyway, we can tie this in with Neobie's excellent detective work, hopefully he will add his nice summary here! :hearts:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1105 on: February 18, 2009, 11:06:18 PM »
Good detective work Joab  :jam:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1106 on: February 18, 2009, 11:39:31 PM »

:jam: Nothing compared to what you guys have done. The only thing i confirmed was they did when to the mountain for a task.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1107 on: February 19, 2009, 01:51:30 AM »

:jam: Nothing compared to what you guys have done. The only thing i confirmed was they did when to the mountain for a task.

Every little bit helps fit the puzzle together :jumpy: :tup:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1108 on: February 19, 2009, 02:13:43 AM »
I have absolutely no luck with Beijing. I don't think they went to the Olympic Stadium. It would have been a crazy sighting and people would have at least posted it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1109 on: February 19, 2009, 02:16:16 AM »
呃……好像是15吧,不太记得了,好久咯,而且我一般对日期不是很有概念,只记得星期几,呵呵~

She replied to the tag on the board, indicating that it could have been since the 15th that she was talking about. But it was so long ago and she couldn't remember.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1110 on: February 19, 2009, 10:31:20 AM »
I have absolutely no luck with Beijing. I don't think they went to the Olympic Stadium. It would have been a crazy sighting and people would have at least posted it.

Remember CBS/TPTB put this in the "Montage" videos, i don't think we had any sightings though.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1111 on: February 19, 2009, 10:55:37 AM »
Hmmm, there would be obvious sightings if they did went.. there's too many people in China. I don't think there have been any sightings in Beijing yet right?

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1112 on: February 19, 2009, 03:35:15 PM »
Hmmm, there would be obvious sightings if they did went.. there's too many people in China. I don't think there have been any sightings in Beijing yet right?

It's much easier to spot 22 stressed Americans with film crews running around, than 6-8, so sightings are much more common at the beginning of the race. It is more than possible that they weren't spotted and blogged about, or weren't actually identified as Amazing Race contestants. We definitely know they went to Beijing from the official CBS pitstop map, and press articles have mentioned an Olympic themed task, so I don't doubt they went there - we just haven't got the independent eye witness accounts to get more details of actual tasks.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1113 on: February 19, 2009, 05:04:53 PM »
Remember too that during TARA 3 filming I received several tips regarding the use of Bird's Nest Stadium, which did not happen. Wonder if they were referring to this instead? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1114 on: February 19, 2009, 05:09:21 PM »
Well in the insider clips teams are sitting around LAX waiting for their flights. People are just walking around them like its not a big deal. Some even borrowed laptops to find the best directions the church in Ticino. Not one reported sighting this time around in LAX.....Whats up with that?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1115 on: February 19, 2009, 08:49:11 PM »
Perhaps the producers swore people to those non-disclosure agreements?  :duno: :duno: :meow: :meow: :meow:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1116 on: February 19, 2009, 08:51:26 PM »
Perhaps the producers swore people to those non-disclosure agreements?  :duno: :duno: :meow: :meow: :meow:
All those people? Did you watch the insider clip? There are people everywhere. I guess in LA when people are being filmed in an airport its no big deal?  to them :meow:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1117 on: February 19, 2009, 08:52:16 PM »
Well, there have been quite a few reality shows filmed in airports so perhaps people are used to it by now.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1118 on: February 20, 2009, 09:55:58 PM »
From wikipedia -

Leg 5 quote's - "They Did The Double On Us!"

Totally sounds like a Mark and Michael quote to me.

From http://www.thefreedictionary.com/double

4. To replace an actor in the actor's absence or in a certain scene.

Sounds like a stuntman term, since a stuntman.. is sometimes a double.. to help the actors/actresses perform dangerous stunts that they cannot do.. and Mark and Michael are highly to be the team using the term?

And they.. i'm speculating that they are refering to a team who look really alike each other?? Cara and Jaime?? :duno:

fwiw, Wiki has pulled those episode titles, I only trust the titles if they come straight from CBS or one on the on-line tvguides.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1119 on: February 20, 2009, 11:19:30 PM »
Yes, the preliminary title of Episode 2 called, "Linda and Steve Get Eliminated" was not official. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1120 on: February 20, 2009, 11:21:19 PM »
Yes, the preliminary title of Episode 2 called, "Linda and Steve Get Eliminated" was not official. :lol:
:lol: your killing me here

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1121 on: February 21, 2009, 06:21:45 PM »

:funny:  But it would've been true!

Belle Book

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1122 on: February 21, 2009, 11:02:25 PM »
:lol: your killing me here
You know you love me. :neener: :neener: :waves: :waves: :waves: :<3 :<3 :luvu: :luvu: :luvu: :luvu:
Just here to visit.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1123 on: February 22, 2009, 07:49:07 AM »
Hi guys :waves:, I'm not new to this website but its my first time to comment on the forums, It took me a while to really join the forums itself.

First, I must say, TAR detectives here are so cool! :hearts: :jumpy: The Amazing Race is my favorite reality show (heck, its the only reality show that I religiously watch and follow) and all of you provide such amazing spoilers and information, it makes me so much eager and anticipate the next episodes!

Anyway, I just kinda observed (and rewatched the 1st episode like 4 or 5 times because of its awesomeness), Before the brand new, lavish, techno intro, as teams were leaving Los Alamitos, only 5 teams were featured, Mel/Mike, Tammy/Victor, Margie/Luke, Amanda/Kris, and Cara/Jaime. Could CBS be ACTUALLY spoiling us with our top 5 teams? Base on what I've mostly read, 3 - 4 of these teams were really seen racing "extensively" in Thailand, and  in Guilin/Beijing, even taking flights to Hawaii...

So guys, what's your take on these?

Thanks for all those infos, Us fans are really the heart and soul of the show! More power!

---
MTAR2:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 07:24:09 AM by Mooyou »
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1124 on: February 22, 2009, 08:01:57 AM »
 :hithere: Mouyou! :welcome: to RFF! Thanks for the kind words, hope you have fun!

We have no sightings of Amanda or Kris after this episode, so we can't comment on their placing.

You can find a full spoiler update here, thanks to puddin's hard work!
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,17805.0.html

RFF's Golden Rule: