Author Topic: EP6:11/2 "Please Hold While I Singe My Skull"  (Read 87001 times)

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP6:11/2 "Please Hold While I Singe My Skull"
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2008, 11:02:56 AM »
Puddin i'm thinking go find the groom is first, and that would be some obsure name that is probably why Kelly/Christy were asking about it.
I have been trying to match the wedding venue, looking up banquet halls etc but Delhi sure has a bunch.

Plus as i also posted the windstorm is 2/3 hours after sunset so are Andrew/Dan stuck at the back of the pack?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2008, 11:04:29 AM »
Alicia, who took the Delhi immigration photos tells us ..between 3&7pm she witnessed the teams.

"In my original email I had said May 7th, but we just looked at our calendar and it should have actually been the 6th of May. The time is disputed (between my husband and I). The photo says one time, but that could have been Thailand time and it could have been inaccurate to begin with. It was definitely late afternoon, early evening. Likely between 3pm and 7pm. We had a long layover and have since gotten rid of the tickets."

we see at least N&S and K&T in taxi's while its still daylight

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2008, 11:05:26 AM »
These are apskips flight arrivals--all will prob be after dark?
Choice of this nonstop flights from BKK to DEL:
IC854 BKK DEL 1330 1615

arrival into downtown Delhi would be around 1800.

It looks like the alternate flight connection for any lagging teams is:

PG906 1250 1400 REP BKK
TG315 1745 2045 BKK DEL

We KNOW that a group of teams were on IC 854 for sure
http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/sonicbridges/1/1210064700.html

So I bet they do this at night  then have some HofOp thing--TAR loves to make them sleep in the streets of India and then continue in the AM.. or is the wedding stuff at night too?

But this is this a RB? It looks as though one is painting but can't tell if the other helps except w/ criticism :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2008, 11:07:33 AM »
Puddin i'm thinking go find the groom is first, and that would be some obsure name that is probably why Kelly/Christy were asking about it.
I have been trying to match the wedding venue, looking up banquet halls etc but Delhi sure has a bunch.

Plus as i also posted the windstorm is 2/3 hours after sunset so are Andrew/Dan stuck at the back of the pack?
oops, I missed that post, sorry patlini. I'd agree Dandrew are in the back of the pack.

So you think find the groom is the task all teams have to do before the Detours & Roadblock? to get a clue?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2008, 11:12:24 AM »
Does anyone think that this leg could be a TBC?Instead of our needed  NEL? Either would set up for a speed bump appearance wouldn't it? :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2008, 11:19:50 AM »
i'd hate to go out on a limb and be shot down for it  :'(

but I could see the go find the groom being first, unfortunately its inside so we can't see if its dark outside.  Also we see both racers doing this.

by the by Hindu weddings are LOOOOOOOOONNNG and these look like they are celebrating after the cermony which would put it in the late afternoon/evening.

with the manglers in the Taxi I think they have that initial shocked reaction that a lot of racers do when they first are in a taxi driving through the streets of India.

I think this is an elimination point, like the double leg in Burkina Faso last year.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2008, 11:20:29 AM »
 :jumpy: :wohoo: :wohoo:

2000 posts

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2008, 11:24:53 AM »
Does anyone think that this leg could be a TBC?Instead of our needed  NEL? Either would set up for a speed bump appearance wouldn't it? :duno:
We have 2 confessionals peach, same clothes so??

And WTG patlini  :jumpy: :party: :congrats:

To add to the confusion fwiw

more Siem Reap
We didn't manage to take a picture of it but i think we ran into a couple doing the Amazing Race here. We'll have to check out the next season but the couple was being followed by a camera man and they had to find a specific face in the ruins. I did my best to make a cameo between this and Bollywood I am really getting my face out there.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2008, 11:28:25 AM »
That's Siem Reap puddin....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2008, 11:28:51 AM »
I am already on record from when the CBS Amazing Map was released that this leg is likely to be a TBC. Another possibility is NEL, which accomplishes the same except that timing is not compressed for the start of episode 7.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2008, 11:31:34 AM »
whether Terence is holding a yellow clue or yellow envelope is hard to determine. Hopefully we get commercials.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2008, 11:34:37 AM »
  I thought it was Bayon?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2008, 11:40:37 AM »
  I thought it was Bayon?

Okay, Bayon Temple, Angkor Wat, Siem Reap... :lol:

But I wasn't sure why you wanted to talk about in the India thread? Oh now I see...that poster may be from India. Okie dokie :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2008, 11:45:44 AM »
No, I thought it was interesting that the blogger saw a couple searching to find a specific face in the ruins in Bayon. Thats how I read it anyway, I'm not a total idiot  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2008, 11:53:49 AM »
okay, I thought you meant the bollywood thing. maybe they thought Nick and Tina were a couple? :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2008, 12:00:02 PM »

.......So you think find the groom is the task all teams have to do before the Detours & Roadblock? to get a clue?

I think the laundry and finding the groom are the Detours.  Those doing laundry are not shown in the looking for the groom part of the preview and vice versa.

I couldn't quite tell what Kelly was saying but it sounded like something about washing and again or could have been most anything.

The K/C laundry scenes appear to be outside, under lights and it's dark.  The Wedding elephant is being shown in the dark.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2008, 12:06:01 PM »
Good point about who is doing what.

I hope they have to do more than just push thru a reception though? Even a crowded one? I like it when the teams have to DO something not just FIND something...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2008, 12:22:08 PM »
they probably have to find the right groom or something

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2008, 12:45:29 PM »
good point on who's doing what

i just don't think go find a groom compared to wash a bunch of shirts by hand is that hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2008, 12:47:21 PM »

I just rewatched the preview and Sarah says "we searched the reception for ONE of the grooms" so I think that's it--there is only one right one to find in all that crowd.

patlini--is it common to have a "group" reception? It is interesting that they don't say search the the receptionS so you get the idea it is all one big one.

I agree though patlini--I'll take a party over doing laundry any day!  :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2008, 01:24:56 PM »
That may be patlini and Peach, but don't you think that World Race Productions knows that? They do and that motivated them to design DETOURs where the easy-appearing part will be offfset by some negative factor and the more difficult part will have some positive feature. The net result is that about half should be motivated to elect the hard one and half the easy one. A related issue is that sometimes one is luck-based (Find the Groom) and the other one involves a harder task that is more predictable(iron clothes).

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2008, 01:30:56 PM »

I just rewatched the preview and Sarah says "we searched the reception for ONE of the grooms" so I think that's it--there is only one right one to find in all that crowd.

patlini--is it common to have a "group" reception? It is interesting that they don't say search the the receptionS so you get the idea it is all one big one.

I agree though patlini--I'll take a party over doing laundry any day!  :funny:

maybe its one of those venues where you can have multiple weddings occuring, banquet rooms.

doing laundry in a sandstorm seems like a never ending task

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2008, 03:41:42 PM »
 :lol:  OK, moving on to some of Matts street pix, this appears to be the book market area of Delhi (Nai Sarak).  I believe one of the signs says: Kanika Map Company.

Kanika Map Company
#4422/11
Nai Sarak
Delhi G.P.O.
Delhi-110006
Phone: 011-23932009

:angel:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2008, 07:49:46 PM »
Going to find the right groom among a lot of people can be pretty hard if you don't know how the groom is dressed and if the groom's outfit is different from those of the other wedding guests.  I'd probably iron clothes -- only not in a sandstorm!

Belle Book