Author Topic: TARA 3 - Episode 6 Discussion Thread ****HOT spoilers--beware!****  (Read 36829 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
This thread is for discussion of Episode 6 and can be posted in immediately when  the show begins airing at AXN, based on Singapore time. That will be Thusday 10/16 at 9 PM Singapore time, or Thursday at 9 AM EST for those of us in the US.

Please read the posting guidelines HERE    BEFORE you post in this thread please.

Those who will have not seen the show yet will need to ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK! There will be spoilers about who won, and who was eliminated for sure, and other details about the leg.  You know by now, right?  :lol:

And thank you to ALL of you who continue to share your speculations and your spoilers and your maps and your timelines and your flight info and your fabulous analyses with us!! It is all of your caring and work that helps to make this such a fun and exciting place to visit!  :ty3: :ty3: :ty3: :ty3:

This week's especial thanks go to kaad for the very first HK spoiler and to Anthonyctf for the very last (but MOST informative!) HK spoiler! We can't say :thankyou: enough!!   :hrt:

And special thanks to everyone helping us with live updates, screencaps, and uploads as you are keeping the rest of us sane!  :ty

Just a reminder:

Preview info for the NEXT leg should go in the general spoiler thread and NOT be discussed here.  :hugs:  And remember that the eliminated team should ONLY be discussed in the pinned episode thread until Sunday 10AM Singapore time= Sat 10PM  for those of us in the US (East Coast).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 06:46:36 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TARA 3 - Episode 6 Discussion Thread ****HOT spoilers--beware!****
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 02:07:57 AM »
This week we are off to Hong Kong! :jumpy:

Preview (thanks to puddin!):

AXN newsletter promo:

Message from Michael Mckay:

Hi folks, my apologies for not getting back to everyone.
I am currently in Cannes, France for MIPCOM, the annual television market.

As I think most of you will appreciate, we've been quite hard on the Teams over the first 5 Legs. I think this week might a good time to let them have some fun so expect it to be a little more light hearted. I can't promise the light heartedness will remain beyond the next leg though ;)

Hope you enjoy this week's episode and get a laugh out of it.

Has it really been almost 5 months since kaad brought us the very first HK spoiler? Up until 10/13/08 (see below for more on this) this is the info we had for the HK leg:  (although there was also a never substantiated  reference to teams being seen on Lamma Island)

EP 6 summary from puddin to 10/13/08:
HEY~ :jumpy: This is my first post,I'm Kayne from Hong Kong.
I just saw a post in a China forum - Ragbear and it maybe a spoiler of TARA3
http://ragbear.com/read.php?tid=22007

The poster said he saw two beautiful girls(or women) on the street and finding taxi today(29-5-08 HKT),he also saw a flag of amazing race(which is in yellow & red), at first,he saw them opening a clue,then jumping up to the taxi, TAR13 have already finished shooting,so it's probably TARA3!!!

Additional information (District) - Mong Kok (One of the most popular downtown area in HK), i don't think that it is only taking a clue then go to another country(just like season2), so i felt really excited :yess:
Hong Kong is looking good heres another blog~

Thursday, May 29, 2008
Its 107am,Hong Kong,,I just finished uploading the fotos..Gonna write a short post and go and sleep.So that I can go Disneyland and perhaps to the famous Jumbo restaurant later.I went to Stanley Market yesterday,took a train to Central station and a public bus to the market.I need my dosage from addiction soon..I am running out of it.1 more day before I can see him and I cant wait to fly back soon...I will think of the happie moments coz I dont wanna waste a single moment missing out those happie and sweet times together...

(its goes onto say)

The pier where I saw Allan Wu.He's filming Amazing Race Asia there.. :)

edited to fix the link

:jumpy:

Taken on May 29th found at flickr , Hong Kong I assume.
eta: its not a team but a cameraman?

tagged: "Doubtful " The Amazing Race" Enroute point"

:js: Hong Kong on 5/29

Date and Time (Original): 2008:05:29 17:58:47

I think it is very possible that we are seeing the same filming in this shot too! :hearts:

Its Hong Kong

ETA:  yup its Mongkok

Chinese turns out to be easier to read at a distance (thanks Puddin!) - this is 通菜街, Tung Choi St in Mong Kok which puts it here in the middle of Ladies' Market, at the intersection with Shantung St...

(There're hangers by the side of the cluebox. Cameras? Compasses? What gadgets do they need?)

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=15379.0;attach=108035;image

Based on the preview from last week, there was a rugby challenge seen and the location for that was confirmed by Neobie as King's Park, Kowloon.

This had a second confirmation in a post from Sam/Vince's blog saying
Sam and Vince - Amazing Racers Team HK
Hong Kong! Hong Kong!
Sneak peek from the preview! Star ferry and King's Park Rugby Pitch!
What's gonna happen?
Watch out for the next episode boyz and gals!

Apskip gave us the most likely flights Taipei to HK, and the preview suggested the one for Sam/Vince per banzai:

The flight is either 507, 607, or 007. The time is around 11:......
How do we find the flight? I think this is apskip's area of expertise.  :yess:

Flights from Taipei to Hong Kong start at about 630am. Vince and Sam would be released around 4am and would make that first flight CX463 0625 0800. The other teams would be released between about noon and 2pm and could be on any of these flights:

CX511 1315 1500
CI679 1330 1575
BR855 1400 1540
CX565 1410 1555
CI673 1425 1510
KA481 1445 1630

Now, as a result of your inquiry I am adding CX407 0825 1025 to the list (for Sam/Vince). It is the only ending "07" flight number that arrives that morning. I cannot explain why Vince and Sam would take that flight(and not take an earlier one) except that the earlier flights must have been sold out.

So there we were.....

Until on 10/13 Anthonyctf brought us a WONDERFUL present from a HK newspaper article--lots of new info!!   :hearts: :hearts:

Original post from Anthony:

Is that no more Spoliers in Leg 6 ?? Yes?? :knuckles:
No I 've found a new spoliers :yess:

Plz see this newspaper

Let see this newspaper..............................
Oops I forget this is Eng Forum I need to translate to English :-[

Translate:

After 5 Leg 3 Country 5 Teams need to stop their journey :waves:
5 Teams remain Who will be next to be out of the toughest race ever?? B:)

The 6 Leg wiil race in the beautiful & wonderful & happiest & lovable city :funny: ...... Hong Kong
HK team is the first team who finished Leg 5
Would the have good adventage??

A lot of task will appear in this beautiful & wonderful & happiest & lovable city  :flirt:
Include that a task that in the old market in Central
The need to use the "Lucky Cookie" to get their Clue

The game is rush Everyteam is trying to ride the taxi to Kowloon
Except 1 Team fighre out the speediest way to KL.Will They do it sucessfuly??
Ladies Market is famous of the most beautiful & cheapest bag
They need to find one bag that contain their next clue
Let the team so frustrated Which team will be first to the pit stop---The Gold Fish Market??

A long newspaper My Eng. is bad Sorry :groan:

And Neobie did us another translation:

The Amazing Race Asia
AXN (now Channel 512), Thursday nights at 10:00pm

16/10 (Thursday) - Season 3, Episode 6
Destination: Hong Kong

In a gruelling competition that has taken teams through five countries and territories (sic), five teams have been eliminated, and five remain to battle it out as they move one step closer to the finish line.

The latest leg takes place in Hong Kong; With "Team Hong Kong" holding a lead from the previous leg in Taipei and their newly-found home-turf advantage, will they surge far ahead of the other teams?

Among the tasks in the city is one taking place in an old, mysterious open market at Central, where teams rely on the help of "lucky cookies" (also "fortune cookies") to advance.

Every minute counts, and when most teams take the taxi to Kowloon, will a team find a quicker mode of transportation? And with the dizzying number of handbags at the Ladies' Market, wouldn't it be torturous to find one containing their next clue? And in the end, which team will beat the rest to Mongkok's Goldfish Market - the Pitstop for this leg of the race?

This WONDERFUL FIND by Anthonyctf then led the team to the following speculations:

First some Maps:

Neobie's Map of task locations:

banzai's Map of the Rugby at King's Park:

Tourist map of the markets from Neobie:

And this requires GE but oh my! All the locations in a wonderful zoomable GE kmz from Boingo!!
GE of HK Locations

Neobie also proposed that this:
Every minute counts, and when most teams take the taxi to Kowloon, will a team find a quicker mode of transportation?
would mean >>
so I'm thinking the MTR is that one team's secret weapon. Travelling from Central to Mong Kok, a team taking the MTR should be able to shave off at least fifteen minutes avoiding the circuitous and congested roads!

Neobie also said:

Outdoor market at Central's probably the one at Pottinger St...

And yep, both markets are along Tung Choi St! Ladies' Market is in the southern stretch running from Dundas to Argyle Sts, and Goldfish Market runs from Mong Kok to Prince Edward Rds. The area specifically mentioned in the newspaper article (Tin'kwong Market) is the bit labelled "Golden Fish Wholesale Market" along Prince Edward Rd W. Really too busy to be a Pitstop, actually.

The team as a whole seems convinced that the Fish Market, while a task, is NOT the Pitstop as we already know by photo evidence that that is Stanley Pier.

But what task came first? That was a puzzle until Chateau was able to give us this time shadow shot:

This shot was taken between 3:14 and 3:57 pm (assumes May 29th).

There are two good spherical surfaces  ;) in this shot.  Both suggest a solar altitude of about 45 deg.  It's so overcast that I can't make the estimate very tight.

which based on the projected flights, probably means that this task is the first after the flights. And since both AD and Fuzzie are seen doing this, we know that it is not a Roadblock, and is therefore probably a "do this to get your clue" task, since we already seem to have 2 Detours from Anthony's spoiler.

So then what do we have?

Sam and Vince have a substantial lead thanks to their FF on the previous leg, but lose some time when they have to take a later flight, arr 1025.
The remainder of the teams arrive somewhere between 1500 and 1630.
One team saves time by taking the MTR to Kowloon.
They proceed to King's Park for a rugby task, and must score a goal to receive their next clue.
The Detours are a choice between a Search in the Ladies Market for one handbag among many to obtain your next clue...
OR
Go to the Mongkok's Goldfish Market  to do an unknown "fishy" task to obtain the next clue.
Teams then go via the Star Ferry to Central Market to the Roadblock, which is a task involving Chinese Lucky cookies (fortune cookies or Mooncakes).

Teams will then go to the Stanley Pier for the Pitstop.

Who is first? Probably Sam and Vince thanks to their substantial lead.

Will there be a U-turn? Very doubtful.

Who will be eliminated?

Well, actually....no one! This leg is almost a 100% certain to be a NEL. It can't be a TBC because we see Allen+Mat+Greeter in the pics above, and we are WAY overdue for a NEL. (Was there a planned previous NEL foiled by the last 3 teams quitting the race? Perhaps....  :lol:)

What happens next?

Well, we have known the next location for some time as well, and you can find out more HERE. (spoiler warning)

:thankyou: to the whole team for pulling this together!! Y'all are the BEST!  And an especial thanks to kaad and Anthony for sharing the HK spoilers with us!! :hearts:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 06:40:33 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 08:03:08 AM »
Hi everybody!! :waves:

Can't wait for this leg to see how it all unfolds!

Thanks to everyone who will be helping us here! :hearts:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline calv_10

• RFF Jr. Member
    • Calvin's Hub
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 08:12:53 AM »
i missed the start. anybody know what time sam and vince head out and what time was their flight?
Read my recaps on The Amazing Race Asia after each episode.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 08:16:40 AM »
I'll try to help from the kind updaters at AXN...brb.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 08:28:15 AM »
Teams depart the TAipei Pitstop:

S/V at 6:11 >> 11 AM flight??
B/H 10:07 >.depart China Airlines @ 12:30
A/F 10:09
G/T 11:36
I/T  1:30?

rest all on same flight

Rugby detour

Taxi to central?

Detours:

Get Fishy : Peel fishes
Get Lucky : Eat fortune cookies to find one with the clue
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 08:32:11 AM »
S/V get lucky detour
H/B get fishy detour
G/T get lucky
A/F get lucky
I/T just arr to Rugby

Next take Ferry to Ladies Market
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 08:39:48 AM »
I/T do get lucky task
S/V ate 290 cookies!

Roadblock: select a bag and find the woman carrying a matching one??

GT, HB, and AF were on the same ferry

Sam??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 08:41:30 AM »
Sam does RB>> leading
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 08:42:44 AM »
Go to Stanley!! S/V #1!!

Bernie does RB
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 08:44:06 AM »
S/V win  3 days 2 night trip to Santiburi Resort , Koh Samui, Thailand
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 08:45:58 AM »
AD and Tisha doing the RB

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline calv_10

• RFF Jr. Member
    • Calvin's Hub
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 08:47:19 AM »
poor editing. when sam and vince bought their tickets, they showed the computer of the ticket counter but the time displayed on the computer is 12:30PM. got confused back there so i thought they just used a different team's video.

sam and vince won a 3 day  2 night vacation at santibori again. same thing they won in the last leg. that sucks. hahaha.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 08:48:32 AM »
Bernie takes the handbag with her by mistake
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 08:50:11 AM »
AD and Tisha found the bags
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 08:50:56 AM »
I/T JUST going to the RB
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 08:51:59 AM »
H/B team #2!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 08:53:35 AM »
G/T 3rd
A/F 4th
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 08:55:32 AM »
I/T last......NEL! :happy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 08:58:41 AM »
penalty for I/T: taking all their $$

(so no speedbump this time around, hmmm)

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline calv_10

• RFF Jr. Member
    • Calvin's Hub
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 08:58:59 AM »
pretty short race. glad Geoff and Tisha came in 3rd.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 09:06:08 AM »
Can you tell us about the preview in the spoiler thread Please calvin??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 09:11:00 AM »
There are several interesting things which emerge from this Times teams depart the Taipei Pitstop(thanks Peach):

S/V at 6:11 >> 11 AM flight??
B/H 10:07 >.depart China Airlines @ 12:30
A/F 10:09
G/T 11:36
I/T  1:30?

First is that Sam and Vince did not reach the previous pitstop until 611pm. I expected them to get there 2 hours sooner, but both the CD task and the tattoos must have taken longer than expected.

Second, my estimate of when Bernie/Henry and AD/Fuzzie finished the previous pitstop was 2 hours later. The only problem is my ability to estimate.

Third, I remember Ida/Tania as finishing the previous pitstop in 5th place just after Geoff and Tisha, but that must have been just editing tricks. I believe that the "1:30?" for I/T could have been almost 2 hours earlier but what I saw in the episode was definitely 130pm.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 09:10:24 AM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 09:25:21 AM »
It was either 1:30 or 1:37. lol for I/T--I saw both times

I can't believe it took S/V so long to get a flight..I'll be interested to see what happened there.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 09:36:46 AM »
Hee...Geoff's fortune cookie said:

Confucius said you've been a bad boy.
:lol3: :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule: