Author Topic: Amazing Racers Down and Travelling Times  (Read 2441 times)

Offline scuzneck

• RFF Full Member
Amazing Racers Down and Travelling Times
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:23:28 PM »
As one who is not only a fan, but someone who would give his right arm to be on The Amazing Race, a question occurred to me about the racers and their travelling times and 12 hour rest periods?

Driving home from work early one morning (1:00 am to be specific), I felt myself dozing, so I turned up the radio that was already on. This leads me to my question. Are the racers aloud to bring with them CD's and/or MP3 players to listen to while driving, flying, or just chilling after the leg ends? It would seem to me that they could, as long as their were no internet access or GPS services with the device. And, of course, I am sure thatthey have shown the contestants wearing earphones before. I just don't recall it. And, I can't see the producers saying no to CD's in the car, especially if it is nighttime driving and you need something to keep you awake and focused on the road.

As always, thabks for the answers and for all your detective skills. You help make the show even more enjoyable (If that's possible).

One other thing...where can I find seasons 3, 4 and 5?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Racers Down and Travelling Times
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 02:22:03 PM »
As one who is not only a fan, but someone who would give his right arm to be on The Amazing Race, a question occurred to me about the racers and their travelling times and 12 hour rest periods?

Driving home from work early one morning (1:00 am to be specific), I felt myself dozing, so I turned up the radio that was already on. This leads me to my question. Are the racers aloud to bring with them CD's and/or MP3 players to listen to while driving, flying, or just chilling after the leg ends? It would seem to me that they could, as long as their were no internet access or GPS services with the device. And, of course, I am sure thatthey have shown the contestants wearing earphones before. I just don't recall it. And, I can't see the producers saying no to CD's in the car, especially if it is nighttime driving and you need something to keep you awake and focused on the road.
I have seen an answer for this. Let me if I can find it.

I've got it! From Steve of the Air Traffic Controllers, Steve & Dave from TAR4,

No radio restrictions on our race. As a matter of fact, I blasted the stereo on the leg from LeMans to Marseille to keep myself awake. Dave and crew complained it was too loud. I told them to drive. No more complaining. Some folks brought CD's and a portable player.

One other thing...where can I find seasons 3, 4 and 5?
These have not been released on DVD. Only TAR1 and TAR7 have an official release. I do know small cable network GSN has the rights to TAR 1-7, but not to the rest and have occasionally re-run them over the last few years. I know some people have recorded the shows off TV, but that's about it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 02:31:01 PM by TARAsia Fan »
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Racers Down and Travelling Times
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 05:19:09 PM »
iPod's etc not allowed as some teams tried to load on languages, etc...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.