Author Topic: Episode 3 show updates and discussion  (Read 23933 times)

Offline HurricaneHowieWood

• Big Brother Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • Reality TV! Pick your poison!
Re: Episode 3 show updates and discussion
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2008, 08:12:16 PM »
Bad...Mark & Bill.

Where do they find these people.  Read the clues, geez.
Like Us On FB: Reality Fan Forum

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2008, 08:16:39 PM »
Here's a tissue.
On top of this I have a cold and had a molar pulled, plus I am going on vacation Ssturday, so pass me some drugs please mswood. I'm a mess wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'll pass you some of my regular Tylenol and Tylenol PM, if it's okay with you, Puddin.  I'm sorry Mark & Bill lost, but they just screwed up.  Remember -- READING IS FUNDAMENTAL!  Kelly & Christy learned that the hard way last week, but they had enough of a lead to avoid getting Philiminated.  Mark & Bill didn't, sad to say.  Of course, they might have had a better chance if the high altitude didn't contribut to their poor performance in the Roadblock.

Moving on -- now I really dislike Nick & Starr.  Not for wanting to U-Turn Kelly & Christy -- the women would've done the same thing to them.  No, it's for asking Aja & Ty to do the honors for them, even if the long-distance dating couple spurned the idea.  That's rather underhanded, and maybe Starr's problems next week is a little bit of karma coming back to them.

Belle Book

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2008, 08:34:31 PM »
sorry i am eating hotwings and can't type right now
Yummmy Hot Wings.  You better have brought enough to share.
I just finished mine.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2008, 08:44:19 PM »
Does it look like a Blokart?

You got it Slowhatch! :jumpy: Good job!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2008, 08:44:54 PM »
Okay, crap. I cried....

This may require an emergency green apple martini AND emergency chocolate...

**sniff**
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2008, 11:18:11 PM »
This is going to take awhile to recuperate from.  So many things went wrong.   (:;) 

Bye Bye Mark & Bill   :hugs:

Will miss you.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2008, 11:33:33 PM »
:crybabe:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2008, 11:21:56 AM »
How the hell are Marisa & Brooke 2nd? (I'm not watching by the way)

Sam, if you watched you would know that Marissa/Brooke were 2nd reaching the DETOUR. I don't know how they accomplished that. That got them going first down the MUSICAL MARCH route so they came out 2nd. This is the way I remember it.

EDITOR'S NOTE - I may have been confused on which DETOUR they were on, but their early start also led to their 2nd place DETOUR finish.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 06:14:40 PM by apskip »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2008, 11:24:28 AM »
The editing in this episode was so confusing to me

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2008, 12:08:19 PM »
I had to come out of lurkdom and say that the Bumpy Ride detour was the greatest of all time  :hearts:  :hearts:  :hearts:  :hearts:

I now have added La Paz, Bolivia to the list of places I have to go to before I die.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 12:14:11 PM by Pedaler »

Offline elopes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2008, 04:24:28 PM »
Just to clarify, Marisa & Brooke didn't do 'bumpy ride', which is what put them in such a good spot going into the roadblock. As I remember, it was Mark & Bill then Marisa & Brooke then Terence & Sarah then Ken & Tina at the U-turn. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2008, 06:12:50 PM »
I had to come out of lurkdom and say that the Bumpy Ride detour was the greatest of all time  :hearts:  :hearts:  :hearts:  :hearts:

I now have added La Paz, Bolivia to the list of places I have to go to before I die.

Pedaler!!  :<3 :luvu: :hrt:   

We miss you, you know!  :kuss:

:pedaler: Loved that challenge, feel for poor Christly, and I want to go there too!  :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2008, 06:45:18 PM »
I would've gone for Musical Marches.  I'm not good at bicycle riding, and I think I could've motivated the musicians to follow me -- maybe with a little judicious tip for them.   ;)

Belle Book

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2008, 05:26:27 PM »
That was a good episode, although I am mad that the U-turn still doesn't have numbered tags. Oh yeah, and that MARK & BILL got eliminated! :'(

Oh well, I saw it coming. For being so "unpredictable", 9th place really is predictable. :groan:

And Nick & Starr's poor attempts at villainy? Really, really low for so early in the Race. I disliked them at first but I want them eliminated now.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline elopes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2008, 11:40:37 AM »
Hooky, I don't agree 9th place was predictable for Mark & Bill - they were 2nd place in the last leg!  And 4th in the first!!  Booooo Mark & Bill gone  :'(

But I do agree that Nick & Starr's attempts at being the villains are kind of lame at this point. Why would they have thought Aja & Ty would listen to them at the U-turn?  I feel like maybe they're just doing this for camera time...

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2008, 08:21:56 PM »
Pedaler!!       

We miss you, you know! 

Hi, GeorgiaPeach!! Hope you, Puddin, and all the detectives are having a successful season spoiling and sleuthing.  Speaking of which, I can't thnk of any board other than RFF where I could get some inside info that an actual racer posted.  While watching the show on Sunday, I knew that Kelly & Christy wouldn't be eliminated even though it looked dicey for them because of an upbeat post from Christy.    :lol:

RFF is still the best Amazing Race forum on the net.  Even people like me who stay in the spoiler free threads can enjoy your effort.

I would've gone for Musical Marches.  I'm not good at bicycle riding, and I think I could've motivated the musicians to follow me

BelleBook,  I'm sure you would have done great.  I enjoyed that detour too due to Marisa and Booke's upbeat and fun attitude.  Watching them pass the sourpusses Andew and Dan was most enjoyable indeed.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2008, 01:49:58 PM »

I would've gone for Musical Marches.  I'm not good at bicycle riding, and I think I could've motivated the musicians to follow me

BelleBook,  I'm sure you would have done great.  I enjoyed that detour too due to Marisa and Booke's upbeat and fun attitude.  Watching them pass the sourpusses Andew and Dan was most enjoyable indeed.

It was enjoyable for me as well!

Belle Book