Author Topic: TAR Seasons They should had won!  (Read 2831 times)

Offline TheScandinavianAmazingR.

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Best Survivor ever.............Ozzy
TAR Seasons They should had won!
« on: September 28, 2008, 08:24:59 AM »
My top 5:
Season 7: Rob and Amber!
Season 5: Colin and Christie!
Season 9: Eric and Jeremy!
Season 6: Kris and Jon!
Season 4: Kelly and Jon!

Offline Sam‽

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sam's Reality Wiki
Re: TAR Seasons They should had won!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 05:12:48 PM »
Season 1: Frank/Margarita
Season 6: Kris/Jon
Season 10: Lyn/Karlyn
Season 11: Any of the other 2 in F3
Season 12: Ron/Chris

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 05:16:55 PM »
TAR 6: Jon & Kris - I'm still bitter
TAR10: Dustin & Kandice
TAR All-Stars: Dustin & Kandice
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 05:40:41 PM »
#1 is Season 6 Kris and Jon, who screwed themselves out of an even start in Chicago by listening to the United ticket agent in Hawaii.

#2 is Colin and Christie, whose dominance of AR5 was overwhelming until they were slowed by the freak weather pattern in Calgary and screwed by the American agent in Calgary on checked baggage. The totally outclassed Chip and Kim in the first day of the finale, finishing maybe 5 hours ahead of them at the Calgary International Airport hotel.

#3 Jon and Al, who were superior racers to both Reichen and Chip and Jon and Kelly but had bad luck in airline selection in the Inchon Airport on the way to Brisbane, where they missed being saved by about 10 minutes.

#4 Dustin and Kandice in AR10 only, who in AR10 missed the sign for the business they were looking for in Morocco and got eliminated without an ability to make up lost ground the next day. They deserved their second place finish in All-Stars in San Francisco.

#5 Eric and Jeremy - they would have beaten BJ & Tyler if they performed equal on the final  flags comeptition; maybe if the slightly more humble Jeremy had done this task instead of the haughty Eric they might have have won.

Rob and Amber do not deserve to be on this list. Their advantage getting onto the plane in San Juan was about 1 minute due to quicker parking, so they did not earn the right to win in San Juan. They had an equal chance with Uchenna and Joyce to go through Little Havana and get to Ft. Lauderdale, which they botched, proving that they are human and not super- racers. In All-Stars it was a random mail sorting exercise which earned them elimination but it would have happened later anyway.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 07:46:14 AM by apskip »

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 06:36:22 PM »
Damn my post didn't make it.

Apskip I do agree with most of your list.

But I do have two disagreements with it.

While Dustin & Kandice were a very strong team in season 10, they weren't the better then Tyler & James.  Though they clearly were very strong competitors and I do wish they made final three. 

And I don't know if I would call Jon & Al a better racing team then Reichen & Chip.  On that one its fairly close, and they were certainly better then Who and Kelly & Jon (who I liked a lot).