Author Topic: TARA 3 Episode 2 Discussion Thread **HOT spoilers--WILL contain show spoilers**  (Read 32582 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
This thread is for discussion of Episode 2 and can be posted in immediately AFTER the show has aired at AXN, based on Singapore time. That will be Thusday 9/18 at 10:30 PM Singapore time, or Thursday at 10:30 AM EST for those of us in the US.

Please read the posting guidelines HERE    BEFORE you post in this thread please.

Those who will have not seen the show yet will need to ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK! There will be spoilers about who won, and who was eliminated for sure, and other details about the leg.

Can't wait!  90 whole minutes!!  :hearts:

Spoilers for the second elimination leg. (AXN Leg 2 or 3??)   May 22-23

Since it looks like we have a very good handle on Leg 1/2  (whether it ends up being labelled 1/2 or just 1), I thought perhaps it is time to move onto Leg 3?

Some time ago, a new friend (who has requested to remain anonymous) shared some in-depth information about this leg with me. That person has been exceedingly generous with information and time, and I want to say a personal BIG :thankyou: for all the help! :yourock:

Okay then... This leg begins with 9 racers, and sadly neither Natalie or Pailin were seen during this leg, according to the source.

(Note:  teams were previously spotted in the Chiang Mai airport on May 22, presumably on the way to Saigon.)

**The racers arrive in HCMC (Saigon) late in the evening. They are first looking for a clue in a flower shop, which does not open until 6AM. At least 2 teams return to wait at the shop by 4AM, but some teams apparently do not arrive until afternoon.

This actually works very well with our first Saigon spoiler brought to us by puddin, HERE . JonLover was able to reach the blogger and she shared some further info with us HERE .  She saw the teams at the Q-BAR near the Caravelle Hotel, near Opera House sometime between 10-12PM.

Unfortunately, she reported a mistaken date (May 21) for the sighting to us which caused much teeth gnashing,  :pull , and  :wall:, and  :argue: as we struggled to make the dates fit in an already tight schedule. But even though the date was clearly incorrect, I still believe that the sighting has validity.

** Once teams have their clue, they procede to the Ben Thanh market  where they catch a bus to the "southwest" of VietNam. (The flower shop may be quite near or across the street from the market. ) The trip is reported to take "some hours".

From Slowhatch: If you have GE this download will put a 3D model of Ben Thanh market on the map. You can see the buses lined up at the station across the square.

** Once teams reach their location, they have a choice between two Detours.
The first is to deliver some goods by boat on a river (assumption of a floating market here) OR chasing and catching some chickens.

Anyone remember this leg in TAR3?    Day 23 (9/3): Flights via Kuala Lumpur to Ho Chi Min City, taxis to statue of Bac Ho in Rex Square. Then taxis proceed to floating market in Cai Be (Mekong Delta) for Easy Buy/Hard Sell Detour. Then back to Ho Chi Minh City to 2A Ton Duc Thang, District 1. Cyclo/ferry Roadblock to Café Thu Thiem pit stop [Derek/Drew eliminated].

Day 24 (9/4): Leg 12: Early departures, booking train to Hue. 24-hour train ride begins.

Day 25 (9/5): Taxis to Imperial Palace, then to Nam O Da Nang for Basket Boats/Bikes Detour. To boat quay in Hoi An (fishing platform Roadblock), then to China Beach pit stop [non-elimination].

Day 26 (9/6): Leg 13: Early departures to route marker at Guang Minh Temple in Da Nang, which directs them to arrange flights to Honolulu at a local travel agency before traveling via train to Hanoi.

That has brought up the possibility of Cai Be as the floating market teams may have visited, since we know TARA likes to re-use former TAR locations.
Cai Be, one of the many well-known floating markets in the western region of southern Vietnam was formed in the Nguyen Dynasty in the 19th century. The Cai Be Floating Market is always busy, bearing all the characteristics of the locals’ life in the western region.

All the goods are transported to the market by rafts and boats. The floating market lies in the Tien River, adjacent to three provinces of Tien Giang, Vinh Long and Ben Tre.

The market is divided into two parts: buying and selling places. Rafts and boats are anchored along the two sides of the river for kilometres. From the floating market, goods are shifted for selling at inland markets or small boats take them for delivery along canals in the Plain of Reeds.

From three 3am in the early morning, rafts and boats are crowded because Cai Be is one of the biggest wholesale markets in the region. Traders live on the river and some link their lives with boats like their mobile house for generations. Cai Be seems to be an inseparable part of their daily lives.

On each boat, goods are hung on poles that are called dialectically “cay beo”. Hundreds of such poles point the sky wards. Boats also operate like “taxis,” very convenient for tourists around the region.

**Following the detours, teams again take a bus back to HCMC, and proceed to the Saigon Zoo which is also the site of the Pitstop.

One team is eliminated. It seems a little early to me to reveal who this is, but I will say for now that it is a M/M team.

So missing is a Roadblock (unless it is at the zoo?)...but I think this gives us a broad outline of what looks to be a very exciting leg.  :hearts:

If you choose to share this information elsewhere, please note that RFF would prefer that you only provide a link back to this post, and not copy the info provided here. Feel free to ask if you have questions!

Link: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15379.msg338179.html#msg338179

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:58:28 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I'm dying to see how this leg plays out  :jumpy:, I may actually wake up early  :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Well, looks like I'm going to like TARA after watching episode 1. Can't wait to see this one.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
As they say on the AXN boards, "please spoil us!"  :jumpy:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Make their way to the flight of the Gibbon, a thrilling jungle canopy adventure, which will see them soar above 50 metres above the forest.

Mai and Oliver leave at 10.35pm

Geoff and Tisha at 10.38pm

Henry and Bernie at 10.45pm

Pailin and Natalie at 12.18am

Ida and Tania 12.34am

William and Issac 12.41am

Sam and Vince 12.55am

AD and Fuzzie 1.20am

Niroo and Kapil 1.29am

Sam and Vince reaches there first, hours of operation, only open at 7.30am, teams have to take a number first. Mai and Oliver last.

They do a zipline across the forest.

Make their way to Banana Plantation. Taxi race to the plantation.

Commercial break.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:18:27 AM by jonnal »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Keep it coming jonnal--Chateau is going to LOVE these times!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
After commercial...

Geoff and Tisha reaches there first. Roadblock. Find a bag pack that contains their clue. They must avoid the paintball or must go back to the start.

Geoff,Bernie,Mai, Fuzzie, Tania, William, Kapil, Pailin, Sam does it for their team. They are hurting.

Tania found it first

Fuzzie second.

Make their way to Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam

Ida and Tania on the first flight to HCMC.

Mai and Oliver, William and Issac, Pailin and Natalie are taking the same flight to Bangkok first. These 3 teams in trouble?

Rest of the teams are on 2nd flight. They go through Siem Reap.

Commercial.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:29:20 AM by jonnal »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
PAINTBALL! :yess:  :happy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Flight of the gibbon:
http://www.treetopasia.com/

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
A live running blog!!!! Awesome!! :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

If we can get a live stream like BB, that would be heaven!!!
Just here to visit.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
After commercial...

Ida and Tania reaches.

Make their way to the Saigon opera house for the next clue. Route info.

Make their way to Saigon cafe and play a Nokia game and race in a certain time limit to receive their next clue.

Pailin and Natalie misses the flight out and has to wait until the next day.

Make their way to Ben Tham market and find a flower store to receive their next clue. Hours of operation. Open 6am in the morning.

Commercial break.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:38:53 AM by jonnal »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
oh the spoilers are good so far!! FLOWERSHOP!!  :whew  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
After commercial....

Travel by bus to the Cai Be bus terminal

Detour. Sampan or Some Walk. Team Korea and the two Thai teams only now on their way to HCMC.

Sampan, load basket of fruits on the Sampan(boat) and paddle their way to the opposite site of the river.

Some walk, catch 20 chickens, put them in some carrying cage device and deliver them to some store.

Henry and Bernie complete it first despite arguments.

Make their way to the church by bus in HCMC.

Commercial
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:56:57 AM by jonnal »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Jonnal!

:<3 :<3 :<3 :<3 :<3 :<3

Oh I am so happy, I can't wait to see the spoilers coming true.

Cai Be!!  CHICKENS!!  :happy:

poor team Korea....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
No church yet? Hmmmm.... That must come after Cai Be?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
After commercial....

Geoff going crazy...

The 3 teams at the back only now reach HCMC.

Natalie complains being dirty and being treated at the lowest form of Human being. Pailin shrugs her off by stating she knew what she signed up for.

Choose a friend in need and given a set of money, they must buy things that are needed for the charity. After that make their way to the Saigon post office.

Commercial.

After commercial..

Henry cries and gets emotional after seeing the church.

Henry and Bernie still first and the clue at the Saigon post office directs them to the pitstop, The Musem of Vietnamese History.

Henry and Bernie first at pitstop! A year of free petrol from Caltex! :lol:

AD and Fuzzie second at pitstop. They are ecstatic and AD dives down and kisses the mat! :funny:

Sam and Vince third.

Niroo and Kapil fourth.

Geoff and Tisha fifth.

Ida and Tania sixth.

The other three teams still trying to catch chickens in Some Walk. I believe William and Issac are eliminated.

Commercial.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 09:16:17 AM by jonnal »

Offline beyonddbreak

• RFF Not So Newbie
natalie has become annoying..she just keeps on complaining saying she doesnt wanna be dirty & thinks its the lowest form of being human... and pailin was just being quiet the whole time. i feel for her, after working that hard..

Offline beyonddbreak

• RFF Not So Newbie
yes! pailin & natalie survives :yess:- 7th! but its gonna be tough for them after that.. seeing they are hours behind after the 6 teams.. well, at least they still have 1 team left..hopefully pailin keeps natalie grounded.. but right now, im only liking pailin from their team..natalie, ur supposed to be down to earth! ur miss universe :duno:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
After commercial...

Pailin and Natalie 7th at pitstop.

Mai and Oliver 8th.

William and Issac last and eliminated.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks for helping beyonddbreak!!

Vietnam History Museum is located on No. 2 Nguyen Binh Khiem Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. Through the different exhibits that can be seen, the museum portrays Vietnam’s history from ancient times (approximately 300,000 years ago) up to the 1930s, when Vietnam’s Communist Party was founded.

The History Museum in Ho Chi Minh City was built in 1929 and was called "Musée Blanchard de la Bosse". Until 1956, it was renamed Saigon National Museum, and finally in 1975, after some renovations, the museum was expanded and became the Ho Chi Minh City History Museum.

The museum’s exhibits are divided according to the following topics:

- Rise of the Hung Kings
- Fight for Independence (1st-10th centuries)
- Ly Dynasty (11th-13th centuries)
- Tran Dynasty (13th-14th centuries)
- Le Dynasty (15th-18th centuries)
- Tay Son Dynasty (18th-19th centuries)
- Nguyen Dynasty (19th-middle of the 20th centuries

Other part of the museum displays specific characteristics of the southern area of Vietnam such as the Oc-Eo culture, the ancient culture of the Mekong Delta, Cham art, the Ben Nghe Saigon art, the Vietnamese ethnic minorities, and ancient pottery of various Asian countries.

Housed in a rambling new concrete, pagodalike structure, the museum presents a clear picture of Vietnamese history, with a focus on the south. There is an excellent selection of Cham sculpture and the best collection of ancient ceramics in Vietnam. Weaponry from the 14th century onward is on display; one yard is nothing but cannons. One wing is dedicated to ethnic minorities of the south, including photographs, costumes, and household implements. Nguyen Dynasty (1700-1945) clothing and housewares are also on display. There are archaeological artifacts from prehistoric Saigon. Its 19th- and early-20th-century histories are shown using photos and, curiously, a female corpse unearthed as construction teams broke ground for a recent housing project. There are even some general background explanations in English, something missing from most Vietnamese museums.

http://www.waytovietnam.com/Vietnam-History-Museum-Saigon.asp

HISTORY MUSEUM
At the end end of Le Duan St – inside the city zoo (skip it) – the ‘Museum of Vietnamese History’ occupies a great old 1929 French-built place, with Asian-style tiered tower and sunken courtyards Inside a bust of Ho Chi Minh greets you, and exhibits with English subtitles uncovers Vietnam’s past (from mammoth tusks to water puppets). Don’t miss the Tran Hung Dao bits, which show how he mounted wood spikes in the nearby river to pierce Chinese warships in the 13th century – when the tide dropped the Chinese were stuck, and slaughtered. Said one museum attendant: ‘I love Tran Hung Dao for what he did… A great moment in our history, telling the Chinese they couldn’t conquer us. When they got stuck, he sent flamed arrows and they died from fire.’ The museum hosts a water-puppet show at 9am, 10am, 11am, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm (it’s $2 extra).
Tel 08-825-8784; corner of Le Duan & Nguyen Binh Kiem Sts; admission 15,000D (US$0.95), plus 8000D (US$0.50) for the zoo; open 8-11am, 1.30-4.30pm Tue-Sun, zoo open 7am-8pm daily
http://www.reidontravel.com/saigon/?page_id=15
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 10:41:10 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline beyonddbreak

• RFF Not So Newbie
aw..isaac william gone.. next ep, looks like ida & tania had trouble wid their bus.. natalie wants to quit.. fuzzie is tired & teams are having a hard time w/ their bikes.. (including pailin/nat, geoff/tisha??? falling on their bikes..)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
William and Isaac go...

I don't even care that there was no zoo, :lol:

What about the preview?? We need to know where they go next, please!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline beyonddbreak

• RFF Not So Newbie
definitely hue, vietnam is next leg! :tup:

Offline beyonddbreak

• RFF Not So Newbie
the bikes??? (the spoiler photo of mai/oliver on the bike at hue) are already shown for next epi's preview..back to 1 hour, next leg i think

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I see them in the Citadel!