Author Topic: The Bachelor 13th Edition  (Read 127532 times)

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: The Bachelor 13th Edition
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2009, 12:52:48 PM »
TV Guide interviews Jason

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2009, 01:08:18 PM »

ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE

NEXT WEEK ON ABC'S "THE BACHELOR" (1/12)

JASON DOESN'T WAIT LONG TO BESTOW HIS FIRST KISS, BUT IN A SHOCKING FIRST, FIVE BACHELORETTES WON'T EVEN GET A DATE BEFORE THE NEXT ROSE CEREMONY, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELOR," MONDAY, JANUARY 12

R& B Superstar Robin Thicke's Private Performance Sends Sparks Flying Between Jason and One Lucky Lady

"Episode 1302" - The 15 remaining bachelorettes move into their luxurious villa in Malibu, and the fairy tale begins. Two lucky women will get fabulous one-on-one dates: A private performance by R&B chartbuster Robin Thicke at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and a panoramic ride over Los Angeles in the Goodyear Blimp. However, the women are totally blindsided by an announcement that some of them won't have a date at all before Jason has his next rose ceremony. They might just have to steal some time with the handsome single dad. Finally, one woman makes a dramatic exit before the rose ceremony, on "The Bachelor," MONDAY, JANUARY 12 (8:00-9:30 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Jason pays an unannounced visit to the ladies' villa, attempting to catch the women off guard in order to find the right one to complete his family. A sexy pool party breaks out and the fun starts, as one woman after another seeks to lure him away for a few precious minutes. Shannon invites him for a suntan lotion rub-down, and then throws ice cubes to break up his conversation with another woman on the balcony. Lauren takes him to a bedroom for an intimate chat about life and love. But once a rose arrives for Jason to offer some lucky lady for the first one-one-one date, the temptresses begin to battle for real. The woman who charms the Bachelor with her fun approach to life captures the prize. As the envious group looks on, he whisks her away to the Walt Disney Concert Hall for an unforgettable night -- a VIP tour of the hall, a champagne toast and a performance by R& B superstar Robin Thicke. The couple enjoy a sexy slow dance and things get hot as they share the first kiss of the season.

Another sexy bachelorette receives an invitation to a gorgeous California beach to share oysters and champagne, but Jason is a bit reticent, worried that the woman might not be serious enough for him. But she opens up about her romantic past and then they fly together in the Goodyear Blimp over Los Angeles.

Jason surprises eight women with a stretch limo and a night on the town - Hollywood style. The ladies are treated to a high fashion shopping spree on Jason, as they attempt to out-strut one another, showing off their outfits. From there, it's on to a picturesque rooftop pool with a view of the Sunset Strip. The bachelorettes continue to show off for the Bachelor with an impromptu talent show, and one woman steals him away for a sexy kiss. Not to be outdone, another woman takes charge and gets a kiss of her own. Only one fortunate woman receives a rose at the end of the night and is safe for the next rose ceremony. However, five unlucky bachelorettes are shut out of the dates!

At the emotional and intense cocktail party, the women vie for Jason's attention - especially those who didn't get a date. The claws come out and tensions run high as two ladies clash about not getting enough time with the Bachelor. And to everyone's surprise, one bachelorette makes an outrageous exit in the middle of the party! At the nerve-wracking rose ceremony, Jason must decide which two women to send home, leaving 12 bachelorettes to stay in the race for his heart.

The 15 women are:
Erica, 25, an account executive from Monroe, CT
Jillian, 29, an interior designer from Peace River, Alberta, Canada
Kari, 27, an advertising executive from Lee's Summit, MO
Lauren, 27, a teacher from Malboro, NJ
Lisa, 27, a public relations associate from Boise, ID
Megan, 25, a single mom (son, Deacon, age one) and lacrosse coach from Sewickley, PA
Melissa, 25, a sales representative from Dallas, TX
Molly, 24, a department store buyer from Grand Rapids, MI
Naomi, 24, a flight attendant from Carlsbad, CA
Natalie, 27, a human resources recruiter from Morton, IL
Nikki, 29, an administrative assistant from Blue Island, IL
Raquel, 27, a medical student from Recife, Brazil
Shannon, 29, a dental hygienist from Marshall, MO
Sharon, 32, a teacher from Batavia, NY
Stephanie, 34, a single mom (daughter, Sophia, age four) and a medical marketing representative from Huntsville, AL

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2009, 05:55:39 PM »

marigold & Will!
:ty 
for all the articles, photos, vids, etc! :hugs: Great job, as usual!! 

:yourock: 

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2009, 06:19:51 PM »
yes u r awsome... :jumpy: i can't belive the girl the otherr girls voted out that got to stay said she is from va beach.. on the map again...this season looks good.....
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2009, 07:15:15 PM »
 :waves: Hey Tory, yeah...Va Beach..."my" Rudy's home!  Maybe Megan knows my favorite survivor!  ya never know.........

Yeah, this season does look really good!  :jumpy:
I love Jason!  He's has a real sweet way about him.  Some gal will be really lucky to get him!  :yess:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 07:23:53 PM by RudyRules »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2009, 10:41:10 PM »
marigold for all the articles, photos, vids, etc! :hugs: Great job, as usual!!

:-* Hey Rudy great to see you hope your holidays were awesome you'll have to tell me all about it  :hugs:

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2009, 02:23:41 AM »
You are welcome Rudy.....

Jason on Good Morning America Monday 1/5

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2009, 11:06:27 AM »
Description of episode 3 to air 1/19

Twelve candidates remain, 10 of whom get dates with Jason. For eight, it's a group visit to the Keep-a-Breast Foundation, and two others get one-on-one dates. (One, a single mom, takes her child along on a trip to Legoland, for the other, it's a helicopter ride over the Hoover Dam and a private Kate Voegele concert). One of the dates ends badly for a bachelorette, while another runs out at the very dishy rose ceremony. Eventually, the field is reduced to nine.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2009, 01:02:02 PM »

ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE

TELECONFERENCE WITH ELIMINATED BACHELORETTE JACKIE (1/8)

PLEASE JOIN US FOR A TELECONFERENCE CALL THURSDAY WITH JACKIE, ONE OF THE FIRST BACHELORETTES TO BE ELIMINATED ON ABC'S "THE BACHELOR"

.... look for plenty of interviews with Jackie to follow

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2009, 03:22:34 PM »
hi rudy yea how awsome is that i can't belive those grls trying to get rid of her.. i need to call my cousin i still have not seen him or rudy out and about sence i told u i saw him all the time must b the weather , and christmas and new years , sry i will call him now also pm me about u r daughter.. ty
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2009, 02:29:53 PM »
An interesting article:

The Bachelor' 13: Jackie Wants to Plan Jason's Wedding

The first elimination on The Bachelor every season is always a tough one. With first impressions counting for everything, this season’s Bachelor, Jason Mesnick, had to cut 10 of the original 25 women who were there to seek his heart. Among the eliminated was Jackie Hickey from Dallas, Texas. Even though she only got the chance to appear in one episode of The Bachelor before begin sent home, she was still a memorable contestant. A wedding planner by trade, she was the one who admitted that she had already planned her own wedding to Jason Mesnick. She also received the third most votes from the other women for whom they thought should be sent home, and she got not a little bit drunk at the opening cocktail party.

Jackie Hickey participated in a conference call with members of the press to dish about her time on the show.

The most interesting detail that Jackie divulged was that she was already in a relationship when she decided to send in an application to be on The Bachelor.

“It was silly because I was dating somebody, and gave all that up to go on the show,” she said. “He didn’t want to stop me from fulfilling something that I wanted to do and something that I needed to do.”

When asked if she and this man are back together, she replied, coyly, “Possibly.”

Jackie said that she thought that being on The Bachelor was a “neat experience,” but if she had the chance to do it over again, she’d probably lay off the bubbly.

As for coming in third place among the contestants everyone else most wanted to say good-bye to, Jackie doesn’t seem to have any hard feelings. “When it came down to it, it seemed like the most memorable girls got the most votes,” she mused. “At least everybody knows my name.”

She herself voted for Melissa, the other woman from Dallas, and the one whom Jackie saw as her biggest competition.

Jackie seems to be taking her elimination in stride. I suppose, after all, she didn’t get to spend enough time with Jason or the other women to have really made a connection with anyone, so she’s just enjoying the experience she had. The exposure she got on the show is only helping her business back home in Dallas as a wedding planner. She also hopes that she’ll have the chance to plan Jason’s wedding with the winner of The Bachelor.

Link to the article: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-bachelor/the-bachelor-13-jackie-wants-t-25542.aspx

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2009, 06:20:10 PM »
An interview with Jackie:

Interview: Jackie Hickey talks about her 'The Bachelor' experience

Jackie Hickey had already planned her wedding to The Bachelor's thirteenth season star Jason Mesnick.

However, while the divorced 26-year-old wedding coordinator from Dallas, TX had already decided on a beachfront setting and 40-50 guests for her nupitals with Jason, she was disappointed to learn that she was among the 10 bachelorettes Jason eliminated in the premiere of the ABC reality dating show's thirteenth edition.

During a conference call with reporters on Thursday, Jackie talked to Reality TV World about why she became so enamored with Jason so quickly, how she felt about receiving elimination votes from the other bachelorettes during the show's initial cocktail reception, and whether or not the girls had been voting with the interests of Jason or themselves in mind.

Reality TV World: You had said [that] you had thought you had found the man of your dreams in Jason, how did you become so certain of that upon meeting him?

Jackie: Well I'm not sure if it was just the meeting, it was what I had read about him and seen in past... I don't know. He seemed very genuine and sweet, and that's the kind of man I want. It was reality TV, it was a neat experience.

Reality TV World: How did you feel about that [voting twist] where you were told you would have to eliminate one of the girls?

Jackie: Completely shocked. I had no idea that was going to be the twist. I mean, when that came out we had only known each other for three or four hours. So when it came down to it. iot seemed like the girls who were the most memorable got the most votes. So, I mean, I'm sad that I got a vote, but I'm glad that people knew who I was.

Reality TV World: That was my next question. What was your reaction when you learned you [had received the third-most votes]?

Jackie: I was shocked at first, but then I was like "Well, at least everybody knows my name. I'm out here for that reason."

Reality TV World: When you were hearing girls talk about their votes, do you think they were looking out more for Jason's interests, or was it more out of jealousy and trying to get one of the "big guns" out early?

Jackie: I think it was more of a "get one of the big guns out"-- somebody that's open and talkative and entertaining. [They decided based on] more of a competitive stance and not so much for Jason. That's what I did!

Reality TV World: Who did you vote for?

Jackie: I voted for Melissa, the other girl from Dallas, TX

Reality TV World: Who did you see as your biggest competition? Was it Melissa?

Jackie: It absolutely was Melissa. We're both from the same town, we look similar, we've both tried out for the same things, and... Hey, she got a rose.

Reality TV World: What [led you to feel] that you were ready to be married again, and then also instantly become a step-mother as well?

Jackie: I was ready for it. Since I've already been married I kinda know what it takes, and I'm a little more experienced on it. On being a step-mother, I'm all for that. [My family] had a step-father and he always told me I was a bonus and not baggage, so I thought that woudl be the same with Ty and Jason

Reality TV World: [Can you talk a little about when] you were married and how long it lasted?

Jackie: Sure! I got married at 23-years-old. I was only married for about a year-and-a-half. It was a short dating term before we got engaged, and we were engaged for a year. Yeah, that year-and-a-half, that's all we got.

Reality TV World: Going into the Rose Ceremony, did you have any feeling that you may not be receiving a rose?

Jackie: No, I really did think that I was gonna be up for grabs and I did think that I was gonna get [a rose]. It's kinda when I saw Melissa -- the other girl from Dallas -- get one that I thought "Wow, he's probably not gonna keep two girls from Dallas." Kinda then [is when] I went "Ohhh."

Reality TV World: Were you suprised that anyone else, besides yourself of course, did or didn't get a rose?

Jackie: There were a few girls, like Sharon. I wasn't sure if she was going to get one, she was so quiet and whatnot. And then Meghan got to stay even though we all thought she shouldn't. But, you know, it's okay.

Reality TV World: When you met Jason for the first time outside the limo, it seemed like a pretty brief meet. how did you feel that went?

Jackie: It was good. Again there's editing in this, so it wa a lot longer than what really was shown on TV. And it was a good conversation, we talked quite a bit, and then we said we'd chat more inside.

Also in the call, Jackie talked about if she would like to serve as a wedding planner for Jason's wedding, what she would have done differently during the cocktail party, why she wanted to get on the show in the first place, and the unusual circumstances behind her decision to compete on the show.

Will you offer your assistance [as a wedding planner] once he starts to plan his wedding to the winner?

Jackie: I would love to. If I can't be the number one it's fun to plan. That's kind of what I do now, I'm never the bride, just the planner.

Hindsight is 20/20, so if you had this to do over again is there something that would make a difference to where you would get a rose?

Jackie: I probably would not have so much bubbly (Laugh). I mean it's pretty obvious I had quite a few cocktails that evening, which isn't like me. But nervous excitement, and [being] a little scared and intimidated. I would definitly curb my drinking.

What made you want to participate in the show in the first place?

Jackie: It's partly... I see weddings and I see everybody's happy ending, and I really wanted  to see if this would be my avenue to find that one for me.

How was the reaction back home to your edit? How do you feel personally about how you were portrayed on the show?

Jackie: Oh, I was a little embarrassed because, of course it's TV, so there's a lot of editing and they choose what they wanna show in their ways. The reaction was "Wow, you didn't tell us you acted like that!" And I didn't really know I did.

What was that moment like when you were watching yourself on television?

Jackie: Oh, I had quite a few people over. I had a nice party and I had one of the nice party dresses on that I had bought for The Bachelor and didn't get to wear.  It was shocking. I hide my face a bit here and there, but my friends were like "Wow, that's Jackie! That's you!"

Do you think that having been a part of it has helped you in any way -- especially in your business?

Jackie: I think it will help in my business, absolutely. There's been some articles about me here in Dallas, and so when more people know what I do... It's a great preface for the show, and it's for my job, so... (pauses) A lot of my brides saw me.

Do you think you could land a local TV gig?

Jackie: I would love it! Sign me up!

How did you get to the show. What's your story for getting on?

Jackie: One day, and it was a long time ago in March, I had seen one episode with [Matt Grant] in the last [season of] The Bachelor and I was like "I'm gonna submit my picture," and all the sudden it popped up.  And what was silly is that I had been dating somebody and let all that go just to be on this show because it was a once in a lifetime opporitunity and I didn't think why I would let that go.

How's he feeling?

Jackie: He's good. He didn't wanna stop me from fulfilling something that I wanted to do or thought that I needed to do, so he let me do it.

Are you back together?

Jackie: Possibly...

Link to the article: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/interview-jackie-hickey-talks-about-her-the-bachelor-experience-8253.php

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2009, 01:25:04 AM »
Reminder....

Jason's TV appearances

Friday 1/9

The Ellen Degeneres Show
Jimmy Kimmel Live

Monday 1/12

The Bonnie Hunt Show
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 08:35:33 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2009, 10:12:01 AM »
Interesting.....

Jesse's status on his myspace says that he is getting ready to film with ABC but not to ask him why and he can't tell but to keep watching Jason's season.

I know for a fact that a heavy petition was circulated for months to make him the next Bachelor.

Makes me wonder if they are going to film a promo with him being the next Bachelor to air during the finale episode????

Imagine the two guys dumped by that bitch ending up with a season of their own.

I'll stay on top of this and will post any spoilers, info or whatnot about this.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2009, 04:51:54 PM »

ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE

TRANTRANSCRIPT FROM THE JANUARY 8 "THE BACHELOR" TELECONFERENCE WITH ELIMINATED BACHELORETTE JACKIE

Operator:    Welcome to today's "The Bachelor" conference call with Cathy Rehl as the leader. This call is being recorded. By staying on this call, you are confirming that you consent to this recording. If you do not wish to be recorded, please disconnect from the call at this time. Thank you. Ms. Rehl, you may now begin your conference.

Cathy Rehl:    Hi. Happy afternoon, happy Thursday. Thank you for joining us. A couple of things. I do have a little bit of news. Our edition of "The Bachelor" on Monday, January 12th -- this Monday -- will be two hours long instead of 90 minutes, okay? Some new footage has been added and so we will be on for two hours this week from 8:00 to 10:00 Eastern.

Today, we have Jackie Hickey, spelled H-I-C-K-E-Y from Dallas and as most of you know, she is the wedding coordinator and was involved in what was a first for the show where the women voted to have one of the women leave. Although in the end, that was not the case, but she was involved in that twist so without further ado, we will begin taking questions.

Monica Sotomayor:    Jackie, thanks for your time today.

Jackie Hickey:    Absolutely.

Monica Sotomayor:    So this past Monday you mentioned, you know, you already had your wedding planned out to Jason about 10 times, so was he actually, you know, did you think that he would be a really good groom? Like, were you looking him up and down, he was going to look good in a tux? What were your plans?

Jackie Hickey:    Yes, I did. I see a lot of grooms especially with my job but he did. He looked like groom quality and his personality and kind of what he was there for seemed appropriate so, yeah.

Monica Sotomayor:    Okay, perfect. Now, will you offer your assistance once he starts to plan his wedding to the winner?

Jackie Hickey:    I would love to if, you know, I can't be the number one, fun to plan.

Monica Sotomayor:    Definitely.

Jackie Hickey:    So, that's kind of what I do now. I'm never the bride, just the planner.

Monica Sotomayor:    Okay, thanks.

Operator:    Again, ladies and gentlemen, if you would like to ask a question, that's star followed by the number 1 on your telephone keypad. Your next question comes from the line of John Bracchitta with Reality TV World.

John Bracchitta:    Hi, how you doing?

Jackie Hickey:    I'm great. How are you?

John Bracchitta:    I'm doing pretty well. You had said last night kind of with the wedding thing that you thought you had found the man of your dreams in Jason. How did you become so certain of that upon meeting him?

Jackie Hickey:    Well, I'm not sure if it was just the meeting. It was what I had read about him in the past that I had seen in his - I don't know. He seemed very genuine and sweet and that's the kind of man I want, so it was reality TV. It was a neat experience, so going off that.

John Bracchitta:    Okay, and moving to that twist thing. How did you feel about the twist in voting where you were told you would have to eliminate one of the girls?

Jackie Hickey:    Completely shocked. I had no idea that was going to be the twist. I mean when that came out, we had only known each other for three or four hours, so when it came down to it, it seemed like the girls that were the most memorable got the most votes, so I mean, I'm said I've got to vote but glad people knew who I was.

John Bracchitta:    Okay, yeah, I guess that was the next question. What was your reaction when you heard that you were the third-most voted for, I guess?

Jackie Hickey:    I was shocked at first but then I was like well, at least everybody knows my name and they know I'm out here for the reasons.

John Bracchitta:    Okay, and when you were doing that, when you were kind of hearing girls talking about their vote, do you think they were looking out more for Jason's interests or was it more out of jealousy in trying to get one of the big guns out early, so to speak?

Jackie Hickey:    I think it was more get one of the big guns out. Somebody that's open and talkative and entertaining. More of a competitive stance, not so much for Jason.

John Bracchitta:    Okay, I'll ask one more, then.

Jackie Hickey:    That's what I did.

John Bracchitta:    Okay. Who did you vote for? Can you say?

Jackie Hickey:    I did. I voted for Melissa, the other girl from Dallas.

John Bracchitta:    Okay, and then I'm to the last question and then I might come back later. Who do you see as your biggest competition? Was it Melissa?

Jackie Hickey:    It absolutely was Melissa.

John Bracchitta:    Okay.

Jackie Hickey:    We're both from the same town. We look similar. We've tried out for the same things and hey, she got a rose.

John Bracchitta:    Okay, great. I'll check in later.

Jackie Hickey:    Thanks, John.

Operator:    Your next question comes from the line of Paulette Cohn with ET Online.

Paulette Cohn:    Good morning.

Jackie Hickey:    Good morning.

Paulette Cohn:    Hindsight is 20/20, so if you had it to do over again, is there something that you think would make a difference that you would get a rose?

Jackie Hickey:    I probably would not have so much bubbly. I mean, it's pretty obvious I had quite a few cocktails that evening, so - which isn't like me, but nervous excitement and a little scared and intimidated, so I would definitely curb my drinking.

Paulette Cohn:    And what made you want to participate in the show in the first place?

Jackie Hickey:    It's partly - I do - I see weddings and I see everybody's happy ending and I really wanted to see if this would be my avenue to find that one for me. It was a neat experience.

Paulette Cohn:    Well, what was your favorite part?

Jackie Hickey:    The cocktail party because that's all I got.

Paulette Cohn:    Okay. Great. Thank you.

Jackie Hickey:    You're welcome.

Operator:    Again ladies and gentlemen, that's star 1 to ask a question. Your next question comes from the line of Tom Rose with Fancast.com.

Tom Rose:    Hi, Jackie.

Jackie Hickey:    Hello.

Tom Rose:    How are you?

Jackie Hickey:    I'm good. How are you?

Tom Rose:    I'm doing great. Thanks a lot for talking with us today.

Jackie Hickey:    Absolutely. It's quite fun.

Tom Rose:    So how was the reaction back, you know, to your edit and how did you feel personally about how you were portrayed on the show?

Jackie Hickey:    Oh, I was a little embarrassed because I mean, of course, it's TV so there's lots of editing and they choose what they want to show in their way and so the reaction was, wow, you didn't tell us you acted like that, but I didn't really know I did.

Tom Rose:    You have a clue before it aired? Did you see any of the footage beforehand?

Jackie Hickey:    I didn't see any of the footage, no. So what America saw for the first time, I did too.

Tom Rose:    And how was that? Were you with family, friends? What was your moment like when you were watching yourself on television?

Jackie Hickey:    Oh, I had quite a few people over. I had a nice party. I had one of the party dresses on that I had bought for "The Bachelor" and didn't get to wear, so it was shocking. I hid my face a little bit here and there but my friends were like, wow, that's Jackie. That's you.

Tom Rose:    Has your life changed since that moment?

Jackie Hickey:    I don't think it's changed. It's put into perspective, you know, wow, what you see is what you get and I probably should watch what I get.

Tom Rose:    You feel like having been a part of it? Has it helped you in any way as an advantage, especially in your business, let's say?

Jackie Hickey:    I think it'll help in my business, absolutely. There's been some articles about me here in Dallas and so when more people know what I do, it's a great preface for the show and for my job, so yeah, and a lot of my brides saw me, so...

Tom Rose:    Hey, maybe you can land a local TV gig.

Jackie Hickey:    I would love it. Sign me up.

Tom Rose:    So then, the only other thing I would have to ask you is how did you get to the show? What's your story for getting on?

Jackie Hickey:    Single one day and it was a long time ago in March. I had seen one episode with Matt and the last Bachelor and I was like well, heck, I'm going to submit my picture.

And all of a sudden it popped up and what was silly is I had been dating somebody and then let all that go to be on this show because it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I didn't think, you know, why ever let that go?

Tom Rose:    Wow, so you gave up a perspective romance to go on the show, huh?

Jackie Hickey:    I did. Yes, I did.

Tom Rose:    How's he feeling?

Jackie Hickey:    He's good. I mean, it was - he didn't want to stop me from fulfilling something that I wanted to do or thought that I needed to do so he let me do it.

Tom Rose:    Are you back together?

Jackie Hickey:    Possibly.

Tom Rose:    That's great news.

Jackie Hickey:    Yes.

Tom Rose:    I'm glad. I'm glad that this has all worked out well for you.

Jackie Hickey:    It has. It really has. It was an eye-opening experience. I mean of course I wish I had stayed and gotten to know Jason more but you know, it is what it is and I came home and I'm happy.

Tom Rose:    Well, hopefully you will be the wedding coordinator for "The Bachelor."

Jackie Hickey:    Wouldn't that be awesome?

Tom Rose:    It certainly would. Thanks for talking with me today.

Jackie Hickey:    Thank you.

Operator:    Your next question comes from the line of John Bracchitta with Reality TV World.

John Bracchitta:    Hi, again. Just had a few more questions.

Jackie Hickey:    Yes, absolutely.

John Bracchitta:    What was your thinking behind feeling that you were ready to be married again and then also becoming a stepmother then as well?

Jackie Hickey:    I was ready for it. I mean, I think since I've already been married, I kind of know what it takes and I'm a little more experienced on it and being a stepmother, I'm all for that. I'm - a family and I have a stepfather and he always told me I was a bonus and not baggage, so I thought that would be the same with Ty and Jason.

John Bracchitta:    Okay, and could you go into any detail, like what age were you married, for how long?

Jackie Hickey:    Sure. I got married at 23 years old. I was only married for about a year and a half. It was a short dating term before we got engaged and were engaged for a year and yeah, just that year and a half. That's all that - that's all we got.

John Bracchitta:    Okay, and then just another thing, and you just - moving further along, going into the rose ceremony, did you have any feeling that you might not be receiving a rose?

Jackie Hickey:    No, I really did think I was going to be up for grabs and I did think I was going to get one, and it's kind of when I saw Melissa -- the other girl from Dallas -- get one, I thought wow, probably not going to keep two girls from Dallas and so kind of then I went, 'oh.'

John Bracchitta:    Were you surprised at anyone else - besides yourself obviously - did or didn't get a rose?

Jackie Hickey:    There were a few girls like Sharon. I wasn't sure she was going to get one. She was so quiet and what not, and then Megan got to stay even though we all thought she shouldn't, but you know, it's okay.

John Bracchitta:    All right, and then I - just one more and then I'll be done for sure. When you met Jason the first time outside the limo, it seemed like a pretty brief meet. How did you feel that went?

Jackie Hickey:    It was good. It was - again, there's editing in this, so it was a lot longer than what really was showed on TV, and it was a good conversation. We talked quite a bit and then we said we'd chat more inside.

John Bracchitta:    Okay. Great, well, good luck with everything.

Jackie Hickey:    Thank you.

END

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2009, 04:54:34 PM »

Jason Mesnick Interview On Ellen Show

Jason Mesnick vists the Ellen Show to promote the new season of The Bachelor on January 9, 2009.

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2009, 10:27:48 AM »
Credit to Dreamervids

Jason on Jimmy Kimmel Live

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2009, 10:31:04 AM »
Credit to Dreamervids

The Bachelor Pool Party on E! News

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2009, 10:44:41 AM »
Credit to cupcakes123

Jason describes himself

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2009, 10:49:10 AM »
Credit to Dreamervids

Jason on AM Northwest

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2009, 10:50:47 AM »
Credit to Dreamervids

Jason on Komo 4 News

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2009, 02:20:05 PM »
Episode 1 Rose Ceremony

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 02:32:42 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2009, 03:13:54 PM »
FYI, if anybody missed the first episode last Monday, it repeats again tonight @ 8pm on ABC.

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2009, 11:53:10 PM »
Is it sad, or is it sad, that a show about weight loss, Biggest Loser,  has produced more successful couples (2) than a show about producing couples? And both of BL's couples have kids too! Maybe they should do a matchmaking season!

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2009, 12:08:10 AM »
As I stated previously that I know who gets engaged to Jason, but stated that I wouldn't spoil it here but if anybody wants to know who, feel free to PM me and I'll tell you who! LOL