Author Topic: Premiere moved to september 25th with a 2 hour premiere  (Read 4439 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Premiere moved to september 25th with a 2 hour premiere
« on: August 25, 2008, 04:14:20 PM »
08.25.2008 CBS MOVES PREMIERE OF "SURVIVOR: GABON -- EARTH'S LAST EDEN" TO THURSDAY, SEPT. 25, 8:00-10:00 PM
First-Ever Two-Hour Premiere for "Survivor"

First Time Series To Be Broadcast in High Definition

CBS is moving the season premiere of SURVIVOR: GABON - EARTH'S LAST EDEN to Thursday, Sept. 25 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), marking the first-ever two-hour premiere for any edition of the long-running hit series.

The premiere of SURVIVOR: GABON - EARTH'S LAST EDEN was originally announced for Thursday, Sept. 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).

The premiere of SURVIVOR: GABON - EARTH'S LAST EDEN, which will also be the first edition broadcast in high definition, will be followed by a rebroadcast of last season's CSI cliffhanger finale.

CBS's revised schedule for Thursday, Sept. 25

8:00-10:00 PM            SURVIVOR: GABON - EARTH'S LAST EDEN (Season Premiere)

10:00-11:00 PM          CSI (R)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: Premiere moved to september 25th with a 2 hour premiere
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 09:20:10 AM »
WOW 2 hour premeir... must want us to either love the location or love the contestants for 2 hours.  Assuming they are still only doing 1 TC.

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 02:10:59 PM »
Only 23 days till the new season starts . . . where are all the spoilers?????  Shouldn't we know who the first 3 voted out are already and have a pretty good idea of the F4  ;)  . . . what are we a bunch of slackers this season   (:;)   

:jumpy: Starting to get that old familiar feeling, the excitement of a new game, deciding who's the saint and who's the devil incarnate . . . who's the favorite and who's most likely to die from their own stupidity  :yess: 

Time to start recruiting players for online Survivor games  :tup:

Hope you all have had a great summer . . . I've missed you all . . . well most of you anyway  :funny:

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 09:38:43 AM »
I saw on Blows someone said it is actually the first 2 episodes not so much one long show.... any one heard this yet?  IF this is true we will have 2 gone the first night.

Offline kitkaat

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 04:53:27 PM »
Two gone the first night? I don't like that idea.I hope they have a good reason for the change. It messed up my countdown!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 11:21:46 PM »
... a small blurb in tv guide

Episode Detail: - Survivor: Gabon---Earth's Last Eden

The 17th season begins with 18 castaways marooned in Gabon, Africa, and divided into two tribes.

The first person is voted out at tribal council.

Jeff Probst is the host.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 10:56:26 PM »
my tivo is all set!! :wohoo:  thanks for the info everyone!! :waves:  2 hrs!! what a way to fill  some reality withdrawals!!
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 12:12:31 AM »
I saw on Blows someone said it is actually the first 2 episodes not so much one long show.... any one heard this yet?  IF this is true we will have 2 gone the first night.
In the TVGuide magazine schedule, Survivor is TWO hours.  So I'm  guessing this will be a long drawn out Episode 1, with only one boot.   
Or, it will be 2 eps and two bootees.

Hope we find more info before the show from Blows &/or other spoiler sites!  I've been looking, but can't find much of anything.  They are trying to torture us I think!  (:;) :groan: 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 03:59:33 PM »
Many thanks to the realitytvworld forum & Brownroach. :tup:

Posted by Brownroach, on 09-18-08, 01:09 PM (EST)

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7007.shtml#1

1. "RE: S17 EP1: "Want to See the Elephant Dung?""

The press release made it seem like they jammed the first two episodes together when they moved back the premiere date, since originally the premiere was supposed to be one hour:

CBS is moving the season premiere of SURVIVOR: GABON - EARTH'S LAST EDEN to Thursday, Sept. 25 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), marking the first-ever two-hour premiere for any edition of the long-running hit series.

The premiere of SURVIVOR: GABON - EARTH'S LAST EDEN was originally announced for Thursday, Sept. 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).

And in this thread flystorms also said we'd get Eps 1 and 2 on the first night:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7002.shtml

So there should be two boots. TV Guide may be using an outdated blurb.

(Bolded by Rudy)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 04:06:25 PM by RudyRules »