Author Topic: unprecedented mistake  (Read 72896 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: unprecedented mistake
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2008, 02:26:49 PM »
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So what sort of dumb-ass drugs are you on "King"  :lol: ?

LMAO crap you edited your post before i had the chance to make fun of you

THAT ON WAS NOT ALWAYS THERE!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2008, 02:31:09 PM »
Bitch please? *hee

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2008, 02:32:34 PM »
Bitch please? *hee

haha, w/e my queen...

apparently all my mistakes lately make me scared to go on TAR...maybe I will also make an unprecedented mistake.

Offline AbbyNormal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2008, 06:02:46 PM »
Good info--kind of scary!  :ascared

If that is the case, then perhaps we need to be thinking about which team is perhaps NOT seen in Portland at all--whether as a decoy or not.

If the team was unable to make it to the finish line for this kind of reason, then it also seems likely they would not be able to be on hand just a few hours later.

If we use that criteria, that would seem to let out Andrew and Dan who were clearly seen in downtown Portland.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's what I've been thinking too, and I keep coming back to Toni and Dallas. Tina was spotted at the airport, as well as a team that the witness thought was Terrence and Sarah (very fit couple, she had dark hair, his was dark blonde). And the person who saw Andrew and Dan also saw another couple earlier in the afternoon, and he described the girl as very pretty. To me, that sounds like Nick and Starr.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2008, 08:25:34 AM »
It struck me that Toni and Dallas wasn't spotted as decoy or as part of the final three too. It could be them since all the other final 6 teams were spotted in Portland. :'(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2008, 04:30:08 PM »
  Van Munster, who is currently scouting locations in Asia for the 14th season, promised the 13th season will include a series of firsts for the reality competition, including a mistake that ultimately prohibited one team from joining their fellow racers at the finish line,

Note that this does NOT say prevented a team from being in the final three...

My guess is that this will be someone who we do not see in Portland walking detour...

I don't think any other team will be allowed to continue in their place (ie placements won't change)

And I think this could  very easily be the 4th place team eliminated in Moscow who then cannot get to the finale mat in time, although if it were a final three team, then would we have a final TWO?? I think yes, if that was the case. But team 4 seems the most likely to me.

Also:

We DO see Ken and Tina in Portland, at least if this is them:
*a very tan blond woman in a florescent green sporty outfit ~ Portland, PDX

And I always thought that the mountaineering team could refer to Nick/Starr or Terence/Sarah:
*the couple (i am assuming that by the way- could be bro/ sis) she had dark hair, he had dark blond hair.  very fit and looked like the had just climbed a mtn ~ Portland, PDX

We def saw Dan/Andrew in Portland thanks to our source there...

So hmmm...Toni/Dallas might be a VERY good guess.... :'( :'( :'(

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2008, 05:06:38 PM »

And I always thought that the mountaineering team could refer to Nick/Starr or Terence/Sarah:
*the couple (i am assuming that by the way- could be bro/ sis) she had dark hair, he had dark blond hair.  very fit and looked like the had just climbed a mtn ~ Portland, PDX

stacy, the witness, thinks it was Sarah and Terence along with Marisa and Brooke, again, the blonds make no sense to me but I wasn't there so who knows? I think its was most likely Christy and Kelly, they also wear matching Nike like clothes and have been mistaken as blonds many times in the blogs. I recall the one in Rio, something like "the blonds in pink wearing Texas shirts" for instance.
I don't look at Nick and think dark blond hair, it fits Terence better.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2008, 05:10:09 PM »

We actually talked about that possibility a long time ago peach? maybe on the phone?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2008, 05:19:07 PM »
One of those middle of the nighters??  :funny:  :funny: :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2008, 05:28:15 PM »
One of those middle of the nighters??  :funny:  :funny: :funny:
.......or one of the ones were we talk over each other, oh wait! that's every time   blahblah   :bounce :lol:
The only other thing I could think, if not Toni and Dallas, is that Dandrew were left behind then were told to mosey around Portland as decoys once they landed ??? , they were late for the party?  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2008, 05:39:14 PM »
Hmmm...if it is a lost Visa they might not make it at all.

But we do need to work on the Pitstop time, because as posted months ago, I believe that the teams were crossing the Finish Line well before Dan/Andrew were spotted in Portland, so I do think that perhaps ALL the teams were sent out to run decoy--everyone seen in the Downtown area should be considered decoy, IMO.

Remember Portland was a very special circumstance in that we knew the finale site BEFORE the filming took place, so TARA production had every reason to put some extra security measures in place...   :nualal:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:46:15 PM by TexasLady »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2008, 07:25:21 PM »
Already in the works  :lol:

Offline nathyn

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2008, 03:47:37 PM »

Do we really know that Nick/Starr make F3? I don't remember a date on the Moscow spoiler. Could they be #1 in Moscow leg 1, but eliminated in Moscow leg 2? This assumes leg 1 is NEL and leg 2 gets down to F3?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2008, 04:39:54 PM »
We do know.  :tup:

The Moscow video is Moscow leg #2 and was taken on May 13, the day before the finale ...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2008, 07:22:25 PM »
So there you have it, thanks BVM interview posted here .

In addition, the season also happened to play out as one of the few The Amazing Race editions in which one of the competing teams failed to make it to the course's finish line -- an unexpected development that was welcomed by van Munster.

"I like it when people don't make it to the finish line," he said.

Van Munster, who is currently scouting locations in Asia for the 14th season, promised the 13th season will include a series of firsts for the reality competition, including a mistake that ultimately prohibited one team from joining their fellow racers at the finish line,

Note that this does NOT say prevented a team from being in the final three...

My guess is that this will be someone who we do not see in Portland walking detour...

I don't think any other team will be allowed to continue in their place (ie placements won't change)

And I think this could  very easily be the 4th place team eliminated in Moscow who then cannot get to the finale mat in time, although if it were a final three team, then would we have a final TWO?? I think yes, if that was the case. But team 4 seems the most likely to me.

It depends which version of the interview you read, but in puddin's version it does sound more like one of the final 3, than the final 4. And I suspect the 'first' may not be the fact that they didn't make it to the finish line, but rather the reason why they didn't make it to the finish line ie. lost documentation rather than just a long way behind.

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2008, 11:52:57 AM »
After watching the newest insider videos I'm thinking maybe Nick left the fanny pack and couldn't get it back.

In the video:

The Amazing Race 13 - Nick and Starr Slip Up
The siblings leave an important item at the restaurant and have to go back to retrieve it.

In the cab Starr states that this was the 2nd time Nick left the fanny pack behind.

I could see Nick doing it a 3rd time.  I sure hope he doesn't.

I want all 4 to make final 3.  I want Dan/Andrew to make final 3 to be the ones to blow it.

Next week will be really sad when a team is eliminated.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2008, 12:27:20 PM »
Oh no. I want them gone next definitely!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2008, 12:33:06 PM »
I want them to stay!
Just here to visit.

Offline AbbyNormal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2008, 07:40:22 PM »
Oh, come on. Can't we fantasize a bit?

Dream Scenario #1 - The team that loses their passports is not one of the final 4, but is in fact Kelly and Christy. They got bored at Loser Lodge, so they sneaked out one night and lost their passports in a local bar. There is a voiceover at the end of the finale saying "Due to their extreme stupidity, Kelly and Christy were left behind overseas and will get back some time in the next month".

Dream Scenario #2 - Dan and Andrew make it to the final 3 but lose their passports. Production tries to expedite new passports for them but are unable to get them in time and Dan and Andrew arrive in the U.S. hours after the Race is over. In retaliation for making them spend extra money on the expedited passports, Production forces Dan and Andrew to complete the Roadblock and Detour in Portland while everyone else parties at the final pitstop.

Reality: the only teams in the final 4 verified in Portland are Ken/Tina and Andrew/Dan. Nick and Starr not making it would certainly be a "first" given their record of 1st place finishes. I still think Toni and Dallas look like the ones who don't make it.  (:;)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2008, 10:34:28 PM »
Still Toni and Dallas for me. They ain't spotted anywhere. :groan:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2008, 08:11:11 PM »
I really hope it's not Toni & Dallas who can't make it to the finish line.  I like them!

Belle Book

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2008, 09:02:50 PM »
toni and dallas ftw
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline gekidasa

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2008, 09:39:57 PM »
Did anyone else notice how, when Nick/Starr arrived at the bakery, the taxi driver tried to hand them something (looked like papers) and they just walked away in a hurry? This was accompanied by the rattlesnake sound effect they use when teams are screwing up, but it didn't come up again at all during the rest of the ep. I'm thinking it's basically a case of Chekov's gun, it has to be important at some point... so I think that it was Nick and Starr leaving their passports behind at that moment.

Of course, that doesn't match up with reports of Nick/Starr being spotted in Portland...

Offline SD_Mama

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2008, 10:55:19 PM »
Did anyone else notice how, when Nick/Starr arrived at the bakery, the taxi driver tried to hand them something (looked like papers) and they just walked away in a hurry? This was accompanied by the rattlesnake sound effect they use when teams are screwing up, but it didn't come up again at all during the rest of the ep. I'm thinking it's basically a case of Chekov's gun, it has to be important at some point... so I think that it was Nick and Starr leaving their passports behind at that moment.

Of course, that doesn't match up with reports of Nick/Starr being spotted in Portland...

I just came on here to say that!  The taxi driver tried to hand them something - looked like paper - and they shrugged him off.  Anyone have screencaps for that?  Also, the report people are mistaking as Nick/Starr more closely fits a Terrence and Sarah decoy.  Nick isn't fat or anything but he isn't fit like Terrence is and Nick's hair is defintely brown, almost same color as Starr's.  Would make no sense why they would say she had darker hair.  As for them acting more like bro/sis, Sarah said in an interview that they had some problems relationship wise and maybe that's why they were acting more platonic.

My pick for final 3:
Ken and Tina
Dallas and Toni
Nick and Starr (but they left their visas in that taxi and can't get back to the US)

Offline nathyn

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2008, 11:00:16 PM »
I just came on here to say that!  The taxi driver tried to hand them something - looked like paper - and they shrugged him off.  Anyone have screencaps for that?  Also, the report people are mistaking as Nick/Starr more closely fits a Terrence and Sarah decoy.  Nick isn't fat or anything but he isn't fit like Terrence is and Nick's hair is defintely brown, almost same color as Starr's.  Would make no sense why they would say she had darker hair.  As for them acting more like bro/sis, Sarah said in an interview that they had some problems relationship wise and maybe that's why they were acting more platonic.
 Starr (but they left their visas in that taxi and can't get back to the US)

I was watching the west coast feed of TAR and watched specifically for that point. It looked like the directions to the roadblock or at least one of those route info pieces of paper.  Also in the short preview where Phil talks about losing their passport, you can clearly see Nick with his fannypack.