Author Topic: ♥TAR13 Kelly Crabb & Christy Cook *Best friends, Divorcees*  (Read 62043 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline Christy Cook

• "Amazing Racer"
  • RFF Not So Newbie
Re: ♥TAR13 Kelly Crabb & Christy Cook *Best friends, Divorcees*
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2008, 01:39:42 PM »
Hey everyone! So sorry we couldn't push past India. We love all of you guys and hope to meet each and every one of you at TARCON. Thanks for pulling for Team Turquoise! You guys are the best. Love, Kelly & Christy  ;)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2008, 01:49:08 PM »
 :'( An interview with Kelly and Christy:

Exclusive Interview: Kelly and Christy, from 'The Amazing Race 13

Kelly and Christy, when they were on, were a formidable duo.  They had trouble reading clues from time to time, however, and this eventually doomed them, most notably during last night's episode of The Amazing Race.  But, when clues weren't an issue, Kelly and Christy flew through the race.  The two recently divorced best friends came on the race, had a great time, and strengthened their already close bond in the process.  Earlier today, we got a chance to talk to Kelly and Christy about their time on The Amazing Race, the mystery of the sports bra, and what they have planned for the future.

Hey, this is Oscar Dahl from BuddyTV ad Im here with Kelly and Christy from The Amazing Race.  Kelly, Christy - how are you two doing?

We're doing great.

Watching last night, was that pretty tough, seeing yourselves pull into last place?

Kelly: I was on my sofa, standing up, it was like I didn't know the results, cheering, drinking champagne.  Then I started bawling.  I was so sad to see us go and I was so sad because it felt like it all was ending.  It wasn't a good night. 

Did you know everything that had happened on that leg.  For instance, did you know that Ken and Tina had helped Andrew and Dan?

Christy: No, you know, that was news to us to think that Tina had sold us out to Andrew and Dan.  It wasn't surprising.  I actually thought that it was a pretty strategic game move.  Because, obviously we were a stronger team than Dandrew were and, I'm not going to say I'm happy about it, but it was good on their behalf.

How far behind Andrew and Dan did you guys actually finish?

Kelly: I think that it was really just a matter of minutes.  When we ran onto the mat and saw them there I knew that we were out, unless it was a non-elim, which of course we were praying for.  But, it was just minutes because we got it right after they got it and then it was just the cab ride over - it was just a few minutes.

Over the course of the race you guys had some issues with Nick and Starr, especially Starr.  Have you all spoken since the season ended and has the mystery of the sports bra yet been solved?

Christy: Well, since it's my sports bra I'll answer to that.  We have spoken since the race has concluded and we get along with them well outside of the context of the competition.  We're very competitive people and I was one hundred percent convinced that Starr did in fact push my sports bra over the ledge during the race.  After that she has told me time and again that she did not actually do it.  Nick and Starr have admitted several times to lying on the race to get ahead.  I'll take her word for it and say that I do believe that she did not push my sports bra over the ledge, but I was convinced of it during the race.

Was there anything edited out over the course of the season involving you guys that you wish that they had put in the show?

Christy: Well, I wanted...I thought this was particularly funny.  Kelly and I are goofballs and in Bolivia, the clue read at the statue of Simon Bolivar, the clue read "make your way and stay relatively close to the statue during the night" and Kelly and I interpreted relatively close to include the Plaza Hotel about a block down. So while everyone else was camping out in the street, if you noticed, Kelly and I walking up looking miserable, it was because we had just gotten told that we could not stay the night in the Plaza Hotel.  We're girly-girls and I thought that was funny.  Kind of wish that had been included.

Kelly: There was a time, I think this was actually also in Bolivia.  We, on our down time, we would just entertain ourselves by making each other laugh.  That's just something we do as best friends.  We would play games, card games or we would sing and I wish some of that funny stuff had made it in the show.  Us cracking jokes, more of our personalities.

Christy:  We did do some making fun of the other teams, it was all light-hearted and fun, but some people took it as us being catty, but we're not mean people, we did a lot of joking around in general and I wish they had shown a little bit more of that too. 

What do you guys have planned for the future?  Anything big? 

Christy: I've written a book, actually, it's based on my short-lived disastrous marriage and I'm kind of pitching it as a fictional chick-lit book, but I'm trying to get that published.  Kelly and I have started a foundation as well called The Amazing Grace foundation.  People can learn more about it on our website and KellyandChristy.com and we're just trying to stir up as many things as we can.

Kelly: We also hope to get into doing some motivational speaking.  We've talked about doing speeches on empowering women and helping them to get out of bad relationships that are hindering them from accomplishing their dreams. 

All right, Kelly, Christy, I appreciate you two taking the time to speak with us.

Thank you. 

Link: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-amazing-race/exclusive-interview-kelly-and-24367.aspx

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2008, 01:52:34 PM »
Hey everyone! So sorry we couldn't push past India. We love all of you guys and hope to meet each and every one of you at TARCON. Thanks for pulling for Team Turquoise! You guys are the best. Love, Kelly & Christy  ;)
I look forward to seeing you there, Christy.
Just here to visit.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2008, 02:12:46 PM »
to bad I can't come to TARcon  :'(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2008, 02:14:13 PM »
I'm still in denial here Christy :D, and didn't see that coming  :'(, the race will not be the same without you in it, you will ne sorely missed.
And wanted to add that you Kelly are awesome racers and I bet your families are proud, you both did great!!  :jam:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2008, 05:10:10 PM »
An interview with Kelly and Christy:

India was total chaos

What was your first impression of India?
Christy: It was total chaos. India was really hot and really loud and really crowded. It's pretty much the complete opposite of the United States.
Kelly: It's very dusty and smells spicy and I knew my allergies were going to go berserk. When we hoped into a cab at the airport it was mass chaos. There are no traffic lights and no traffic laws. It was just craziness.

Kelly, how much time did you spend on the Roadblock?
Kelly: An unnecessary amount of time. It took at least six tries. I was probably there 25 minutes, running though the crowd as they pelted me with dye and water. That Roadblock took me the longest out of all the teams.

How long did it take you to get the dye off?
Christy: Oh my gosh, that dye did not budge! Weeks later and my hair was still pink. I had to have the front of my hair bleached and then re-dyed to get the pink out.
Kelly: I had every color of the rainbow on me, which turned me black from head to toe. It came off my skin pretty easily but my hair was greenish black for a few weeks. It wasn't cute at all.

Where do you think you went wrong during that leg?
Christy: We really got a bad deal on cab drivers that day. The driver said he knew where he was going but he really didn't so we drove around lost for a long time. By the time we got to the detour we were exhausted.
Kelly: I'll tell you what happened. When we got to the Roadblock, we didn't read the clue carefully. I ended up running though the crowd an unnecessary amount of times. I was only grabbing a single envelope, thinking I had to go back to Christy to open it up. Turns out that I only needed to find the one marked envelope. It was a lack of attention to detail when reading the clue that really screwed us up. Then when we got to the detour at the market we were writing down the wrong numbers - it was just a mess. Our necks hurt and we were already freaking out about being last.

What are you doing now?
Christy: I've written an autobiography that I'm pitching as sort of a chick lit book about my experiences with my ex-husband. And we started a foundation to benefit poverty-stricken countries visited by the Amazing Race.
Kelly: You can go to our Web site, www.kellyandchristy.com, where you can find a link to our Amazingrace Foundation.

Link: http://www.intouchweekly.com/2008/11/india_was_total_chaos_1.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2008, 05:39:39 PM »

Exclusive: Kelly Crabb and Christy Cook talk about 'The Amazing Race'

"Divorcees" Kelly Crabb and Christy Cook made their share of mistakes in the early legs of The Amazing Race 13, but had developed a knack for finding their way out trouble every single time.

However, luck ran out for the girls after another costly misinterpretation of instructions during the seventh leg of the race through Dehli, India proved to be deciding blow in sending Kelly and Christie home as the sixth team to be eliminated from the competition during last night's broadcast on CBS.

On Monday, Kelly and Christie spoke to Reality TV World about what really happened during "the sports bra incident," why they feel they made so many costly mistakes interpreting directions during the race, and how they have continued to have a connection since appearing on the show.

Reality TV World:  First thing's first, can you explain what happened between you two, [Nick and Starr Spangler], and the sports bra?

Christie: Yes we can explain. So I was leaving a sports bra in the sun, which was on a window across the hall from my hotel room at the Pit Stop in [Fortaleza, Brazil].It was safe from the wind, so I don't think it could have gotten blown off especially because it was weighted down with the water.

So I went and checked on it in the hall and Starr was out there right next to my sports bra, or where it was previously, and the sports bra had leapt off the ledge and had fallen six stories below. And so I accused her of stealing my sports bra, and I was positive that she did it because everyone sees she and Nick are pretty conniving and sneaky, which obviously helped them well in the race. But I was positive about it.

Since then she has claimed that she indeed did not push my sports bra off the ledge, so I can believe her. But during the race I was 100% positive that she did.

Reality TV World:  Did things ever get cleared up between both teams?

Christie: Post-race we have pretty much cleared things up. I mean we're all mature people and out of the context of the competition we can get along.

Reality TV World:  What did you think when you learned that they had asked [Aja Benton] and [Ty White] to U-Turn you?

Kelly: I was so pissed off by that because [that is] a very not smart thing to do. That's a stupid thing to ask someone because why would another team use their U-Turn [just because] you're requesting. Who would ask someone to do that!? It's silly. Not to mention it puts them in jeopardy, it puts a target on their backs, because they're the ones who U-Turned us, for next time! It was very bitchy I thought

Reality TV World:  So what is your overall opinion of Nick and Starr?

Christie: I think that overall Nick and Starr are very nice people. I think that they're different from Kelly and I.

Obviously they made a point to say on last night's episode that their strategy is telling lies, and Kelly and I really prided ourselves on never telling a lie, not once during the race. We didn't feel that would benefit our game in any way, shape or form. We were tough competitors without having to stoop to that level.

I do think that they are nice people, and we do get along with them great now. I just think we're different.

Kelly: This is what I think of Nick and Starr. They are (pauses) good people, they come from a  good family. They are very competitive and they're pretty mature for their age. But don't put me racing with them again, it might get nasty. (laughs)

Reality TV World:  In hindsight, do you wish that you had accepted Andrew Lappitt and Dan Honig's partnership offer during the Detour task on last night's episode?

Christie: You know I thought a lot about that last night and no, I wouldn't have done anything differently. First of all, the only reason that [Tina Greene] helped them by showing the small [tags] was because she thought that we were stronger competitors. So she wanted us gone, and she wanted Andrew and Dan still in there in the race.

Had we teamed up with "Dandrew," Tina wouldn't have helped out both of us or one of us. She wanted us gone. And we were both in last place, so I don't think they would have benefited us in any way. It would have come down to a [taxi] ride to Humayun's Tomb in the event that we both got the numbers working together. I don't think it would have helped us in any event

Reality TV World: So you don't think that Tina would have given the same clue?

Christie: Not if we were working as a team she would not have. She wanted us gone because we're competitive, and Dan and Andrew aren't as competitive so she thought "Oh have them around, they're easy to beat."

Reality TV World:  All of [the incorrect] envelopes in last night's dye color Detour were clearly marked "TRY AGAIN" on the outside.  What led you guys to misunderstand the Detour so badly?  About how long did you actually end up spending there?

Kelly: The clue to find the marked envelope (pauses) I don't even remember what it read, but in my head I was thinking -- in my frenzy  and not being able to see or breathe from all of the paint-- that I needed to pull an envelope, bring it back to Christie and open it up as a team. That wasn't the case, I needed to go get on a ladder, sift through however many marked envelopes to find the right one, and then just open it there by myself and then bring it back and go.

So it probably took about 25 minutes. It was just another oversight of not reading the clue correctly and being in an extreme hurry, and also being overwhelmed by all that frickin' paint!

Reality TV World:  Kind of going off on that, it seemed like there were quite a few times during the race where you lost valuable time by misreading the directions.  Why do you think you struggled with that more than the rest of the teams?

Christie: I'll give a little bit of insight to that. Kelly and I are such go-getters and we attack everything with ferocity and sometimes details are compromised in that, and that's something that we both still have to work on because we look at what it takes to get to the end result. We don't necessarily really contemplate every small step that helps us to get there. We just do what we can to achieve our goal in the end and we attack it full force.

In [The Amazing Race] you really have to be more detailed than that, and that's one thing that we have to work on.

Reality TV World:  The show made a point to show both you and Andrew and Dan making comments about each other while alone, what was the relationship between both of the teams?

Kelly: Dan and Andrew, we just saw them as young, kinda dorky frat guys. We didn't think that they were real top competitors, and we didn't think that they were real fast -- or that smart for that matter. We didn't dislike them, there were times where we would hang out at the airport and talk and be friendly to each other.

We said a couple of funny things on [The Amazing Race] with all of them, but they're good guys.

Christie: Dan actually reminds me a whole lot of my younger brother David because they're both really high-strung and they make me laugh, I think they're kind of comical. To me they actually kind of gave me a glimpse of home while I was away from my family because I've got three younger brothers, and one of which -- the younger one -- is in a fraternity. So being around goofy college guys kind of reminded me of my brothers.

Reality TV World:  About how far behind Andrew and Dan do you think that you arrived at the Dehli Pit Stop?

Kelly: I'll tell you exactly how far behind. (pauses) About three or four minutes.

Reality TV World: Really? So it was pretty close?

Kelly and Christie: (together) Yep.

Reality TV World:  About how much time to you think you lost when you guys incorrectly ran up and down Mount Eden instead of driving up it like the rest of the teams?

Christie: How much time do I think we lost? Probably about 10 minutes. We're pretty quick, it wasn't terrible.

Reality TV World:  In the fourth leg, while everyone seemed to suffer through the kiwi challenge and eventually switch, you both not only stuck with it, but you both seemed to really enjoyed it. Did you talk to anyone and find out why everyone else reacted to it so much differently than you did?

Kelly: Well, when we got there to do that everyone lied to us and said "Oh it's so easy. It's a lot of fun." But they were actually all leaving, they were bailing to go do the Blokart [challenge]. Succeeding in that, and being one of only two teams that did without switching, that just shows that Christie and I try to make the best out of everything.

We always have fun. We use our good attitude and try to make the best of a challenge that really did kinda hurt and everyone else bailed on.

Reality TV World:  During the third leg of the race you were both in last place but advanced because of a penalty by [Mark Yturralde] and [Bill Hahler].  How much of a surprise was that?

Christie: It was a huge surprise! I mean Kelly and I were miserable [and] depressed on the cab ride back to that [Pit Stop] because we knew we'd had an awful day. I'd gotten thrown off of that [wooden bike] numerous times -- I mean more than they even showed on the episode -- and we were just in a depression saying that we hoped [Ty White] and [Aja Benton] would win because we thought we were going home.

So when [The Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan] said "However..." that little glimpse of hope was just awesome.

Reality TV World:  About how much time do you guys think you lost when you kept searching for a "container" that was part of the other Detour task in Brazil?

Christie: I don't exactly know, but that was just funny. I feel like you're reiterating a lot of the times where we made mistakes, but going back to Bolivia, [Mark Yturralde] and [Bill Hahler] are both extremely smart and their misreading a clue -- like taking a cab instead of walking -- is an example of how being in such a hurry and really, really wanting to win and be fast, anyone can misread a clue, overlook something important and mess up. There's so much luck involved.

Reality TV World:  Christy, going back to those wooden bikes. First off, I guess how many other times did you fall additionally, and how much did it hurt that one time that was shown on the air?

Christie: (Laughs) Oh...  [The show] showed two of my crashes which were only half [of them] because I crashed four times pretty badly, and it hurt pretty bad.

The first time I had blood squirting out of a puncture wound in my hand, and the next day I was completely black around my knee-caps and my ankle from the bruising [from] that bike. It was really heavy.

And not to mention -- this is a little bit graphic -- but we were all bruised in the groin area because those bike were just hitting on, and bouncing on those cobblestone roads. It was really painful! I was crying. I sat there and said I wanted my Dad because I needed a hug. But I got back, and I put myself back on that bike.

But I was terrified. That was the one time in the race that I really felt like I could die. 

Reality TV World:  [Dallas Imbimbo] didn't seem to have a very high opinion of you two.  At one point, he said you think you "are God's gift to this green earth."  What was your relationship with him and Toni?

Kelly: As a team Dallas and Toni again, you know, weren't our friends. They weren't one of our favorite teams if we had to pick somebody to like. I think Toni is a very strong woman. She's raised Dallas all by herself for his entire life. She's an entrepreneur.

Dallas, he's a college kid. He likes to get out there and have fun. He made that comment that we "think we're God's gift..." Well the way I see that [is], you know Christie and I, we're not unattractive, we're pretty. (Pauses) Who knows what he thought.

I think we were maybe getting under his skin [when we were] trying to have a little fun and crack jokes, but I don't really care what he thinks.

Reality TV World:  What was the hardest thing that either of you did while on the race?

Christie: I would just reiterate the whole Bolivian bike deal. By far that was the hardest thing I did on the race.

Kelly: I'll say definitely the Holi Festival challenge. I got more paint than anyone thrown on them. They got me so bad. And the fact that I had to run through the crowd three times, I was head to toe covered in black-ish paint of every color under the rainbow. It was in my eyes, it was in my nose, I couldn't breathe. I literally could not breathe, and that's why I made the statement "I'm gonna die."

I really didn't think I could do the challenge because I could not breathe. It was so hard. I'd never want to do that again. (laughs)

Reality TV World:  We've seen Mark and Bill's brought small backpacks and [Ken Greene] had a whistle to hail down cabs. Did either of you bring anything special with you to help during the race?

Christie: Yes we did actually. We  bought these great tin-foil bags that you got a very small glimpse of when we were sleeping in the street in Bolivia. We actually put every piece of clothing that we had on ourselves and wrapped ourselves in these tin-foil bags like little, silver cocoons to keep ourselves warm at night. It was pretty frickin' funny I wish they showed more of it.

Reality TV World:  There were many times that both of you mentioned how good your experience on The Amazing Race had been after going through divorces. Could you elaborate on how being on the show benefited each one of you?

Kelly: I came from a controlling marriage and I'm just the kind of person that I have kind of like a free spirit. I like to try new things. I'm really creative, I like to implement a lot of my ideas and do things that are out of the ordinary. My ex-husband wanted us to have a normal, stable, run-of-the-mill marriage, and we just fought so much.

Because of all those things, and the fact that he's so controlling, he would have never let me  (To herself) -- Let me? -- take that much time off from work, go on the race because he's so... If I were married I wouldn't have gotten to do it, so I am so happy I did it -- especially with my best friend. It was just so much fun.

Reality TV World:  Whose idea was it to apply for the show in the first place?

Christie: Actually, Kelly and I have another best friend [named] Christina in California, and Kelly and I both went through the aftermaths of failed marriages in 2007 -- we had a really crappy year. We were discussing how we could just escape for a while and get away and just kind of have a fresh start, and [Christina] said "Well why don't y'all just do The Amazing Race? You're fans, you love the show, you love to travel, you get along." That's what prompted us to get involved.

Reality TV World:  Was this the first time you have applied for [the show] or had you done it before?

Christie: Yeah, when we sent the audition video in that was the first time.

Reality TV World:  What teams did you get along with the best?

Kelly: We, on our down time, enjoyed talking to Aja and Ty and [Terence Gerchberg] and [Sarah Leshner] the most.

Reality TV World:  What was your favorite experience on The Amazing Race?

Christie: I've said a couple times that I think my favorite experience was... my favorite country was New Zealand and my favorite experience was probably our jog up to the summit of Mount Eden, even though we were supposed to use vehicular access. It was just exhilarating to be running up to the top of this mountain at sunrise in the most beautiful place I'd ever seen in my life.

And then I come up the hill and see these warriors chanting... It was just a thrill.

Reality TV World:  Is there anything that you wanted to make it onto the show that was edited out?

Kelly: Hmm, there's a bunch of stuff that I can think of, or that I thought of as I was watching the show. Now that I'm trying to think of one thing... What did I... Christy will you help me remember what I wanted to make the show but didn't?

Christie: Oh, a couple of things. When we were in Bolivia, the clue said "Make your way to, and stay relatively close to the statue of Simon Bolivar. (Kelly laughs) Well, there is a Plaza hotel that was "relatively close" to the Simon Bolivar statue, so in true Kelly-and-Christie-girlie-girl-fashion we went [inside] and tried to hang out in the Internet cafe until morning.

What we were told pretty promptly is that we were not "relatively close" and we had to go back out there.

The other thing we wanted [the program] to show was, us sleeping in those tin-foil cocoons. It really was hilarious and we wished there had been more of that.

Reality TV World:  What aspect of The Amazing Race surprised you the most?

(Both pause)

Christie: I'll say I was surprised to see Tina sell us out and give the clue information to "Dandrew."

Kelly: I think strategically it was a good move because we are stronger competitors than Andrew and Dan, who we would have beaten if [we had remained in the race]. But I wasn't really surprised.

Reality TV World:  Was there any particular team you began rooting to win once you got eliminated?

Kelly: I'm going to root for -- even though I know the results, I'm going to pretend I don't -- I'm going to root for the only team that's left that I like: Sarah and Terence.

Go Sarah and Terence! Woo hoo!

Reality TV World:  So what are you both up to now? Are you both still in Texas?

Kelly: We are, yes!

Reality TV World: Are you both still at your same jobs? I know one of you worked in pharmaceutical sales.

Kelly: No, I no longer work for that company. I think I'm pretty much done with sales. There's so much I wanna do.

Christie and I started a foundation, it's called The Amazing Grace Foundation. We're interested in helping out third-world countries that have been visited by The Amazing Race as long as the show continues to air.

We are [also] exploring all kinds of other, different things. Christie's written a book [that] she's looking to get published soon. I have a couple of business ideas, and then I may try to get into acting.

People can read about [The Amazing  Grace] at kellyandchristie.com. That's our website and its got a clickable link to information about the foundation.

Link: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-kelly-crabb-and-christy-cook-talk-about-the-amazing-race-7995.php

Offline snap-on

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2008, 07:40:45 PM »
I got it  :jumpy:

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 07:22:43 AM by snap-on »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2008, 02:33:43 PM »

Amazing Racers Kelly & Christy ‘Crushed’ by Loss, Ready for All Stars

After being eliminated from The Amazing Race, best friends Kelly and Christy took the loss hard, breaking into tears at the finish line in New Delhi, India. Although the divorcees had plenty of confidence, failure to read the clues closely left Kelly and Christy wondering what could have happened. Post Race, they’ve rebounded with grace — setting up a fundraising initiative and public-speaking engagements on female empowerment. Kelly and Christy shared their memories of The Amazing Race with PEOPLE over the phone Monday and revealed that they are both dating — and are still in touch with Dan and Andrew — and hope to be on the next season of The Amazing Race: All Stars. – Nicholas White

The loss must have been tough because you’re so competitive.
Christy: To us, not winning the Race was crushing, because we didn’t envision ourselves as anything but the first-place finisher with a $1 million check in our hands. To me, I’ve had to adopt a mindset of it’s not the end of the Race. It’s really been the beginning of a new chapter in our lives. It’s exciting. At the same time, it’s sad.
Kelly: I was disappointed. We were both kind of shock. We both couldn’t believe it, it was very sad.

Who helped you get over the heartbreak?
Kelly: Christy and her family are kind of like my family. When we went home and it was over even though we didn’t win, [her mom] was so supportive. I was really, really sad. It made everything better.

Who are you still friends with? Do you still talk with your rivals Dan and Andrew?
Christy: We’ve all said little snippy things about each other as the show has aired. But for the most part, we all get along. We email each other back and forth. I have a Facebook account. The day after the episode where Dandrew refers to Kelly and me as “semi-attractive,” I got an instant message pop-up from Dan saying, “Are you guys mad at us?” I wrote back and said, “Why, because you called us semi-attractive?” He said, “Yeah, haha.” I wrote back, “No. We know we’re hot.”

Are you dating anyone post-marriage?
Kelly: I’m dating someone. I really don’t feel I grew up with the best example of what a normal healthy marriage should be, since my parents got divorced. I don’t really know if I will ever get remarried. The person that’s in my life is wonderful and special. He understands me. There are very few people that do, so I lucked out there.
Christy: I have been single since my breakup with my ex-husband. I have dated off and on. Never a boyfriend. I have recently started seeing someone that I really have a crush on, so we’ll see what happens.

What else are you doing now?
Christy: Our foundation (kellyandchristy.com) was just started prior to the airing of the Cambodia episode. We threw a charity fundraiser event for that particular country. We see a lot of potential. The speaking engagements [are] a totally new adventure that we are just now beginning to work on. It’s a goal of ours to change the world by helping women see their own value, that they don’t need a man to validate their self-worth. We’re not anti-men, but we’re anti-bad relationship. If we change one person’s life, then we’ll be good.

Were you happy with your Race strategy?
Christy: People have gone back and forth about would you have established some alliances. Would the game have turned out differently if you changed your strategy? I am a big fan of Kelly and Christy, and think we do a great job by ourselves. I was really proud of the game we played, however you want to say it.
Kelly: I’m very proud of us, I’m proud of everything we suffered though and how well we did. It was a lot of fun. I’m really glad we got to do it. I have a good feeling we’ll be back for All Stars, so this is not all they’re going to get of Kelly and Christy.

Link: http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/11/11/amazing-racers-kelly-christy-crushed-by-loss-ready-for-all-stars/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2008, 02:39:04 PM »

The Amazing Race: Christy and Kelly Compare Kissing DAndrew To Incestuous Cannibalism

Kelly and Christy are two young Texas divorcees who saw The Amazing Race as a chance to jumpstart a new phase of their lives. To Race aficionados, the duo became known for misreading clue, accusing other competitors of tossing their sports bra over a ledge, and trash talking other teams behind their backs. Their final leg was a comedy of errors. They gave fancast the scoop on their amazing adventure.

What went wrong at the Roadblock? How did you not realize that the clues were clearly marked?
Kelly: We decided that I was going to do it. We quickly read the clue. I just knew that I needed to grab a marked envelope. So what happened was I ran through all the paint and stuff and I got on the ladder. There were some blank clues, there were some clues that said The Amazing Race, but I didn’t notice right away. In my mind I was thinking I needed to grab an envelope that said The Amazing Race, run back to Christy, open it up and look at it as a team. But I kept bringing blank envelopes. So I had to go back. I did that five or six times. Then Christy reread the clue and said, ‘No don’t bring it to me. Just stay up there and sift through all of them until you find the right one.” So that’s what I did. It just took longer than it should have. And I looked like a monster.

How much time did you lose on that Roadblock?
Kelly: I think it took me 20 to 30 minutes. Most people came in and did it in just a few minutes and got of scot free with no paint. But I had to run through the crowd so many times and they got me worse than anybody else. I think we probably lost a good 20 minutes.

Christy: I could not have been prouder of Kelly because she took it worse than anyone else. We saw Starr go in and out. She did not have paint on her at all. They weren’t even throwing paint at her or anyone else. Well, Ken got a little on him.

Your cab driver on the way to the detour kept pointing out landmarks to you. What was going on there?
Christy: We had a very precious cab driver. He was a sweet guy and he was really proud of his occupation as a tour guide in India. However, we did not care about the landmarks in India at that point. We wanted to get to the street and look at the numbers. But he was insistent on telling us every landmark in India. We didn’t want to be rude so we kept saying, “Oh that’s great. Thank you. “

Were you surprised that “American McDonalds” is considered a landmark in India?
Kelly: I could have used some McDonalds when we were over there. My stomach got messed up.

You were the only team that stayed in your cab for the Bleary Eyes detour. Do you think that contributed to your difficulties?
Kelly: The first couple times we went up and down the market street we used the pedi cab because we were thinking, “We’ll go faster.” In reality, we needed to be on foot so we could slowly catch all the numbers.

What were you mistakenly counting? Were those signs from stores?
Christy: The clue said, “Count the numbered tags hanging from the power lines.” As you saw, we were counting numbered tags hanging from the power lines. The race gets harder and harder as it goes on and the clues get more difficult to interpret. So although we followed directions and we read the clue right we just weren’t doing what the race was supposed to be at that time. It hurt us that we didn’t see those little baby tags until Kelly happened to spot one after walking down the street four or five times.
Kelly: There were so many tags in the market. There were hanging pricing tags for meat, beans and all kinds of spices. It was such a mess. We didn’t know what we were looking for.

Do you regret choosing not to work with Dan and Andrew on the task?
Kelly: We don’t regret our decision. Tina ended up helping Dan and Andrew but had we been teamed up she wouldn’t have helped and it would have just come down to us compiling our research together, submitting at the same time, and that cab ride to the pit stop. It could have turned out the same way, but we stuck to our decision about not sharing any information, not making any alliances. If we were to do it again, there was so much luck involved. It would come out differently.

How did you feel about Tina telling Dan and Andrew how to do the task but not the two of you?
Christy: That didn’t surprise me at all. I was actually impressed. I thought it was a good strategic move by Tina. She obviously knew that Kelly and I were a stronger team than Dan and Andrew. Getting us eliminated propelled them forward in the race. They didn’t have to worry as much about DAndrew as they did about us. Although I was pissed off to see that she sold us out.

Were there any great moments of the two of you that didn’t make it on to the television show?
Kelly: My favorite time in the race was the starting line when Phil said, “Go.” We’d been training, we’d been preparing, we’d been waiting for that moment. We had so much excitement and anxiety built up. When we finally got to go that was great. We just had so much fun on the show, cutting up and entertaining each other. I wish they’d showed us singing and playing games and laughing and showing more of our personalities.

Who were your closest friends on the race?
Christy: Ty and Aja and Terrance and Sarah.
So were you rooting for Terrance and Sarah after you were eliminated?
Christy: We were. We certainly weren’t rooting for Nick and Starr.

You both recently went through divorces. Did going on the Race help you get a fresh start?
Christy: I came back with a renewed sense of independence and excitement about life. It made everything better. It was exactly what I needed.

Kelly, did you husband really make you iron sheets like you joked about in last night’s episode?
Kelly: When I was married I considered myself to be pretty boring. I did do a lot of ironing. I dusted the baseboards every day like a boring married person. Now that I’ve traveled around the world, I want to try new things. I want to accomplish a lot in my life. The race taught me that.

Kynt and Vyxsin are fancast's celebrity Amazing Race bloggers. They have this question for you: Girls! You will unquestionably go down in Amazing Race lore as the inspiration behind one of the funniest Episode titles of the Season: Episode #3 ---- "Did you push my sports bra off the edge?" Two-part question here: Did you guys ever recover the sports-bra that Nick & Starr knocked off the ledge in Brazil? And, with your sarcastically flirtatious remarks toward Andrew & Dan, we have to know: did the Frat Team also make any moves toward your undergarments?

Christy: I was 100% convinced that Starr did, in fact, push my sports bra of the ledge. They are conniving and they did lie. They made that clear in the race themselves. They said it. The fact that she kept saying she didn’t do it didn’t convince me one bit. However, I’ve talked to her since the race ended, and I am now convinced that she did not push my sports bra over the ledge. But it was funny. Having rivalries in a competition like The Amazing Race is a good thing. If we came off as catty, so be it because we’re strong women and tough competitors.
Kelly: As far as Dan and Andrew go, the dorky frat boys, no they did not make any advances towards our undergarments. Dan has this undying crush on Marissa. Like we said in the episode last night, if it came down to it and we were absolutely forced to make out with Dan or Andrew… talking about it as far as it went.
Christy: It was like, if you were forced to eat your Mom or Dad because there was no food left in the whole world, who would you eat? They’re funny guys. Kelly, do you want to make out with Andrew? Because I still don’t want to make out with Dan.
Kelly: They called us semi-attractive and that hacked us off because clearly we’re cuter than they are.

Link: http://thebiz.fancast.com/2008/11/the_amazing_race_christy_and_k.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2008, 01:01:46 AM »
Thanks for all the interviews marigold :<3

FYI the girls are on Bonnie Hunt tomorrow!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2008, 01:10:57 AM »
Thanks for all the interviews marigold :<3

FYI the girls are on Bonnie Hunt tomorrow!!

That's great I can't wait

Awww puddin is one classy babe thank you for all the updates hell yeah we read and watch all the updates you post,  :res: pffft!!

Oh and great job on getting rid of the trash that pops up, honestly how do you put up with some of these turkeys  :funny: 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2008, 01:26:17 AM »
Back at ya marigold <3

The spammers are coming out of the woodwork, must be their season, "turkeys!"

I'll try to remember to record Bonnie, I think I have to be somewhere at 3 when it comes on here.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2008, 08:37:28 PM »
Oh I am so sad!! Who is going to keep us laughing? Y'all brought energy and fun times and laughter to the race, and we can only thank you for making it so much fun to watch!!

Kelly, that looked SO nasty, and loved the way you kept on trying....

Christy, you were the most supportive team mate ever during that task! :hugs:

Love to you both!! :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2008, 07:14:50 AM »
The above article "Amazing Racers Kelly & Christy ‘Crushed’ by Loss, Ready for All Stars" by Nicholas White states that Kelly/Christy "hope to be on the next season of The Amazing Race: All Stars." There were several mediocre racers who made it into AR11, but hopefully that will not happen again. I would not be surprised if there never is another All Star Edition for The Amazing Race.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2008, 07:08:57 AM »
I missed the Bonnie Hunt Show :'( and this is just a teaser:

http://www.bonniehunt.com/as_seen_on/081110/12wednesday/popup_player.html?pdl=amazingrace1112

Does anyone have the whole thing they can share? :please:

I hear Bonnie gave Christy some no-iron sheets! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2008, 01:57:33 AM »
Oh Michael!!!

After talking extensively to Kelly & Christy at TARCon, they both give you a big hello.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2009, 11:42:24 PM »
Did we ever see this?? :lol:

AUDITION VIDEO:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2009, 11:44:02 PM »
And catch the latest Royal Caribbean commercials here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,20915.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2009, 11:51:32 PM »
Kelly & Christy <3<3<3
I'm baaaaaack!