Author Topic: ♥TAR13 Marisa Axelrod & Brooke Jackson *Southern Belles*  (Read 60182 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
♥TAR13 Marisa Axelrod & Brooke Jackson *Southern Belles*
« on: August 19, 2008, 12:12:49 AM »

Names: Marisa Axelrod and Brooke Jackson
Ages: 22, 24
Occupations: Student, graphic designer
Hometown: Columbia, SC
Relationship: Southern Belles (Is that a relationship?)

These charming southern belles are best friends and are up for any challenge. They want to prove to the world that they’re not just cute blondes and that they can be athletic, cut-throat competitors.

Marisa is currently a broadcast journalism student at the University of South Carolina. She describes herself as ambitious, witty and spontaneous. Her extensive dance training has taught her to be focused and determined, skills that could help her to do well on the race.

Brooke is fascinated with other cultures and can’t wait to try out some of the Spanish she learned while living in Spain. She works as a graphic designer and enjoys traveling, painting and being outdoors. She believes that her take-charge attitude will be enough to get them through the rigors of the Race.

She and her best friend are certain this adventure will make them even better friends. And if they have to do a little flirting along the way, they’re not opposed to that either – whatever it takes to cross the finish line in first place.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 10:28:39 PM by puddin »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR13 Marisa & Brooke
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 12:34:51 AM »
There they are whoooO!!!!!!!!!! :wohoo:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR13 Marisa Axelrod & Brooke Jackson
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 08:52:44 AM »
Where's Michael? I think we've found his favorites for this season.
Just here to visit.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 09:11:14 AM »
WOW that's pink

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 11:33:14 AM »
These are THE Official Pink Blondes. It doesn't get any pinker than that! :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 12:29:39 PM »
Think PINK
Just here to visit.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 03:46:28 PM »
 :lol:

whatever
I'd like to see them live up to dustin and kandice standards but I am willing to bet that it doesn't happen.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 05:54:37 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR13 Marisa Axelrod & Brooke Jackson *Southern Belles*
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 07:29:15 PM »
Spartanburg native primed for 'Amazing Race'

BY HILARY POWELL
hilary.powell@shj.com

Published: Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 3:15 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 9:06 a.m.
Don't let the pink outfit and the Palmetto State-bred smile fool you

Marisa Axelrod is a 22-year-old Spartanburg native whom the world is about to witness in the biggest race of her life, and her family says the Southern belle has got the attitude she needs to win.

"To me it's going to be shocking (to others) because she's such a girly-girl," said mother Lori Axelrod. "She's sweet and caring, but at the same time competitive."

Axelrod and best friend Brooke Jackson, a 24-year-old graphic designer from Columbia, will compete in the upcoming installment of the reality show "The Amazing Race," set to premiere at 8 p.m. Sept. 28 on CBS.

The ladies will join 10 other teams who will travel more than 30,000 miles, spanning five continents. The 13th season of "Race" will feature a fistful of firsts, including teams traveling to what the show calls "a floating city." There are also stops at first-time "Race" destinations such as Cambodia and Kazakhstan.

At every location, each pair will have to compete in a series of mental and physical challenges and must overcome those challenges to learn their next destination.

Marisa Axelrod was unavailable for comment on Wednesday, but CBS representatives are permitting an interview today.

Lori Axelrod had never watched the reality show until her daughter auditioned, she said. But Marisa has been dancing at her grandmother's studio, Miss Marion's School of Dance in Spartanburg, since she was 3, and Alexrod said her daughter has the drive to do well.

"All her life, she's been in dance competitions, and that certainly helps," Lori Axelrod said. "Dancing gives you poise and confidence."

On the show's biography Web page, Axelrod contends her extensive dance training will help her be focused and determined during "Race."

Grandmother Marion Feinstein said no one was more taken aback by the trip than she was. She and Marisa share a close bond, but even Feinstein wasn't let in on the show secret. In April, Marisa told her family she was going to Paris for a school trip, Feinstein said.

"It was very hush-hush," she said. "There's no name calling me 'grandma' because Marisa and I are best friends. And wow, when I heard the news, I don't think anything in my life has been as exciting."

Axelrod is a broadcast journalism student at the University of South Carolina. She describes herself as "ambitious, witty and spontaneous."

Joining her at USC Columbia this year is little sister Shauna Axelrod, 18, of Spartanburg, who said she is inspired by her sister's experience.

"I think it's awesome," Shauna said. "Of course she's my older sis and I look up to her, but I've learned to take more risks and be outgoing (from watching her)."

Shauna said she plans to watch each episode at her sister's apartment in Columbia.

Gal pals Marisa and Brooke are competing, among other things, to be the first "Amazing Race" all-female team to take the $1 million prize. Marisa's mom thinks she's got what it takes.

"She's a go-getter," Axelrod said. "If she puts her mind to something, she'll do it full out."

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20080821/NEWS/808210372/0/living

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 04:07:33 PM »
hmph...never gonna beat these blondes:

*misses*  :'(

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 05:15:41 PM »
Michael:

I think you are right. It is unlikely we are going to see a female/female team in either AR13 or ARA3 with the combination of intelligence, strength, and endurance that Dustin and Kandace have.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 10:24:03 PM »
Some love for the new "pinks" :<3 , I hope the teams individual videos come out soon.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 03:05:05 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 06:14:59 PM »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 06:41:50 PM »
So apparently, on Aug. 20th, Erik and Jamie from Survivor: China announced they are engaged! But heres the intresting thing...

In a very related story, two of Dugan’s bridesmaids will be on the upcoming season of the Amazing Race. USC graduates Marisa Axelrod and Brooke Jackson will star in the 13th installment of the popular CBS show, which debuts Sept. 28.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: ♥TAR13 Marisa Axelrod & Brooke Jackson *Southern Belles*
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 09:53:41 PM »
Oh YES to Southern Belles! :hearts: They are so cute..and I LOVED their comment in the other promo about So Carolina girls might be slow but we aren't stupid! Y'all show 'em!! :hugs:

And I am very happy for Jamie and  Erik too...how wonderful that they worked out!! Thanks for sharing, North!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Brooke_TAR13

• "Amazing Racer"
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 07:17:14 PM »
Just want to say a big thank you to everyone for your support! :)

p.s. sorry for the bright pink....we thought it was cute at the time! I am already tired of looking at it and the first episode hasn't even aired yet....yikes!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 07:41:17 PM »
Hello Brooke  :jumpy:, welcome to the forum :hithere: :<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 08:47:30 PM »
:bigwelcome Brooke!

We are so looking forward to this-- and y'all look pretty in pink!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 11:43:43 PM »
Welcome, Brooke.

Glad to see the racers coming to the RFF!!!!  :yess: :yess:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 12:35:15 AM »
Like peach said, you all look pretty in pink Brooke :monroe:  :hearts:  :bounce

Offline Brooke_TAR13

• "Amazing Racer"
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 04:29:16 PM »
aww thanks y'all!! I'd also like to thank you for keeping mine and Marisa's moms VERY entertained while we were gone! I think they lived on here :)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 04:42:33 PM »
aww thanks y'all!! I'd also like to thank you for keeping mine and Marisa's moms VERY entertained while we were gone! I think they lived on here :)
I hope we did not spoil the show for them Brooke :lol: :angel:  well, too much. Your moms must have laughed at us trying to figure out which set of girls wore pink, which we're the blonds, and which set we're from Texas etc  :lol:

Offline Sweet Tea

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 05:02:03 PM »
Hello RFF!!!!
First of all I want to say THANK YOU  to RFF!!!  I don't know what I would have done without this forum!!!  Brooke and Marisa had been gone several days when I decided to google TAR13 and lo and behold I found this site!  The first thing I read was 2 blondes in pink were spotted at LAX talking to cameramen on April 22 and I got sooo excited I didn't know what to do!!  You didn't spoil a thing for us but I did get a kick out of ya'll trying to figure out what happened to the blondes because there were no pictures  appearing of them.  It was exciting following where they were even if we didn't know if they were still in the race or not!  I wanted to post so bad but was afraid CBS might not like it!  When Brooke and Marisa arrived back in Columbia the first thing I did was show them this site and we stayed up all night reading the posts!  Ya'll are GOOD!!  I was amazed that information was coming from sitings all over the world!  You guys made the race so exciting for me while Brooke was gone!  I think everyone will enjoy seeing Brooke and Marisa.  They are such sweet girls and I think everyone will find the profile of cookie cutter blondes in pink very misleading.  These are tough girls that had a blast but worked themselves to death!  Thanks for helping this poor, worried mom get through the race!!!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 05:11:12 PM »
Welcome, Brooke's mom! :welcome2: :welcome2: :welcome2: :welcome3: :welcome3: :bigwelcome :bigwelcome :bigwelcome :bigwelcome

The TAR Detectives are very good. I'm always amazed at what they find. I know if I ever need to find something, I know where to turn.  :tup:
Just here to visit.