Author Topic: TARA 3 in the Media  (Read 21619 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARA 3 in the Media
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 08:28:02 PM »
I just watched a Thailand program by Joeseph Rosendo of Travelscope. Over half the 30 minutes was spent in the Chiang Mai area. He visited local temples and a Buddhist Monk university before finishing with the annual lantern festival. Travelscope is a regular on two of my local PBS channels.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2008, 08:21:39 AM »
Ratings up by 12% in Singapore and Malaysia!

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k8/sep/sep283.php
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 04:00:33 PM »
http://www.caltex.com/amazingraceasia/gallery_season3.asp

The Amazing Race Asia 3 - VIP Night Manila
Photos from the VIP Night Party of the Amazing Race Asia (Season 3).
View the photos

The Amazing Race Asia 3 - Media Premiere Singapore
Photos from the Singapore Media Premiere of the Amazing Race Asia (Season 3).
View the photos

:jumpy: :wohoo:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 04:09:11 PM »

http://www.alivenotdead.com/allanwu

And check out Allan Wu's website too. A lot of TARA3 stuffs.  :wohoo:

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 06:54:41 PM »
interesting media here ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiHewk_h4IU

by Izad i think ....
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 07:20:53 AM »
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Staying the distance in The Amazing Race Asia 3
By S. INDRAMALAR

The pace of The Amazing Race Asia 3 has been relentless, and the pressure is on for the remaining teams.

I must confess. I am really surprised at how “the heiress” and “the actress” are running The Amazing Race Asia 3 (TARA 3). These two - Tania Khan and Ida Nerina - are true blue city girls who lead pretty “comfortable” lives in Kuala Lumpur. They admittedly have never backpacked before, they usually travel in planes (as opposed to the 25-hour bus ride they took in Vietnam) and with suitcases (and porters) in tow.

Despite having to munch on bugs and slugs, actress Ida Nerina and her partner Tania Khan (not pictured) are proving to be among the stronger teams on The Amazing Race Asia 3.
 On the race however, the two have emerged as one of the most able and least fussy teams. Yeah, there has been the occasional whine and the periodic wail but I think we all agree that eating a big bowl of “stinky tofu” in Taiwan earned actress Ida Nerina some right to wail (and weep). Generally though, these two have been pretty enthusiastic about taking on the various challenges that make up the Amazing Race and they were first at the pit stop last week. Catch­ing live chickens and shoving them into baskets? Yeah, bring it on. Chan­ging a tyre? Sure, why not. Hats off, city girls.

TARA 3 seems to be living up to its premise of being “the toughest race ever”. From the first episode where the teams had to eat a bowl of fried insects, bugs and frogs and then rush to a Caltex station to wash a filthy express bus armed with just a pail, a mop and some towels, to the back-breaking, tear-inducing extended race in Episode Two where teams raced almost non-stop for more than 30-hours (according to Tish and Geoff from the Philippines), TARA 3 has not been a disappointment to fans of the reality series. And while the race has been physically punishing, it has also been full of drama. Kudos to the pro­duction team for a good job with the editing once again.

The race started with 10 teams: Malaysians Tania and Ida as well as Bernie and Henry Chan; Natalie Glebova and Pailin Rungratana­sun­thorn from Thailand; Sam Wu and Vince Chung from Hong Kong; Oliver Faivre and Visa Sarasas (better known as Mai) also from Thai­land; A.D. Chan and Fuzzie Sirajudin from Singapore; Tisha Silang and Geoff Rodriguez from the Philip­pi­nes; Niroo and Kapil Asrani from India; William and Isaac Hong from South Korea; and Neena and Amit Rai from India.

After four episodes, we now have only six teams left in the race. First to be eliminated were the cousins from India, Neena and Amit. Next to go were the soft-spoken Koreans, Isaac and William; the beauty queens from Thailand, Natalie and Pailin; and the father and son from India, Niroo and Kapil.

While some of my male friends were really sad to see Natalie and Pailin leave the race, I was quite happy because I kind of like Pailin and did not think she needed to endure the insufferable Natalie (Miss Universe 2005 who turned out to be Miss-Biggest-Pain-in-the-Universe) any longer than she already had. I mean, you wonder why Natalie agreed to join the race if she felt that sleeping in an airport overnight was akin to being tortured? Did she not watch past Amazing Race episodes?

It was a tad sad seeing Niroo and Kapil leave last week, though. I don’t understand why they got so frustra­ted and wanted to quit just because they could not figure out how to remove the car key from the ignition. Dudes, ask someone for help already.

So who do we have left to cheer for and who do we have to jeer?

In whatever nationalistic spirit I have left, let me start with my fellow Malaysians, Bernie and Henry. They seem pretty strong and are really focused on winning. Especially Bernie ... heck, she is scary isn’t she? The siblings have been first to reach the pit stop twice so far and unless they run into some really bad luck, I see them in the final three.

Next, we have the team I really hate. Or at least the person I hate the most: Geoff of the Philippine team. I mean, what is his problem, apart from being unjustifiably arrogant and unpleasant? He is rude, sneaky, snaky and pathetically abusive, especially to his girlfriend. The dude is a loser and if he stays in the race, I hope he is put to the test every leg.

Then there is the princess and her porter from Thailand: Mai and Oliver. They don’t seem to be fighting as much as the race goes on but that’s probably because they are putting all their energy into being sneaky €” like how they found the clue last week but pretended like they did not. Hmm, perhaps they are the dark horses in the competition, eh? After all, Mai seems to be carrying her own backpack a little more.

Now, I know that as Malay­sians, we have this unwritten code where we automatically diss Singapo­reans, but I like the two girls from Singapore. Fuzzie and A.D. as probably one of the few “real” people on the race. They are not paticularly kiasu and not too bothered about getting the better of the other teams. Their strategy is simply to not come in last.

The Hong Kong boys, Sam and Vince, are perhaps the least controversial team on the Race. They don’t seem to have a winning strategy in place but somehow, they make it through each week without that much of a struggle. Will luck see them through to the end?

So far, the pace of the race has been relentless, with an elimination every week. Do the teams get a reprieve tomorrow or will another team be on the chopping block?

Elimination or not, it will most likely be yet another exciting episode with plenty to laugh about and even more to scream at. And, if you can still muster some nationalistic spirit, let’s cheer for the two Malaysian teams that seem to be leading the pack this far.

The Amazing Race Asia airs on AXN (Astro channel 701) every Thursday at 9pm.
http://www.star-ecentral.com/news/story.asp?file=/2008/10/8/tvnradio/2200533&sec=tvnradio
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 11:12:33 AM »
This writer pretty much has the teams down pat.
Just here to visit.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2008, 11:24:45 AM »
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/star/20081014/tel-geoff-rodriguez-tisha-silang-race-dd408b0.html

Geoff, Tisha still in the race

Philstar.com - Tuesday, October 14

Sweethearts Geoff Rodriguez and Tisha Silang keep the flame alive for Filipinos who are rooting for them to win The Amazing Race Asia 3, which airs on AXN on Thursday nights at 9. As the lone Philippine team which made it to the reality competition, Geoff and Tisha make up five of the remaining pairs that are still fiercely competing in the race and gunning for the top prize of $100,000.ADVERTISEMENT

Tisha is best remembered as the former Bb. Pilipinas-Universe winner who had to relinquish her crown because of her Canadian citizenship. Then, of course, she became romantically involved with Paolo Bediones and briefly appeared in programs in the network. Geoff, meanwhile, also had his brief showbiz stint as part of the all-male group Powerboys, with Jordan Herrera, Frank Garcia, Greg Martin and Jay Salas.

Geoff and Tisha vow to carry the flag for the Philippines hopefully up to the finish line and win the race, something that the erstwhile Philippine teams which joined the competition failed to do. In the first season, the two teams from the Philippines fared poorly. Couple Ernie and Jeena Lopez were the first ones to be booted out. Sexy best friends Aubrey Miles and Jacqueline Yu merely finished up to the fourth leg of the race.

The second season saw buddies Marc Nelson and Rovilson Fernandez faring superbly in every leg and were consistently at the forefront of the race. They placed first in eight out of the 11 legs and were touted as the most competitive team. However, while they seemed unbeatable, they only finished third in the finals and also dashed the hopes of Filipinos who were cheering for them to win.

For The Amazing Race Asia 3, Geoff and Tisha are aware they have huge shoes to fill after the highly-competitive stint that Marc and Rovilson displayed in the previous season. Yet, the couple is certain they will bring to the race the love and respect that has been the foundation of their relationship.

"Tisha and I have had a sound relationship from the time we have met," Geoff says. "Now, we are testing our relationship by joining the race."

Geoff and Tisha have displayed their strength and endurance as a team in arduous and grueling tasks for the first five legs of the race. They ate bugs, frogs and maggots in a market in Bangkok, did a bus-cleaning spree and endured a 25-hour bus ride from Ho Chi Minh to Hue in Vietnam, traveling for more than 1,000 kilometers.

They also pounded rice to make rice balls, took the zip line over a jungle forest, caught live chicken, trashed rice stalks, read a Braille alphabet puzzle to decipher a clue, drove a cyclo or a rickshaw in the streets of Vietnam and dug a souvenir silver coin from 100 kilograms of coal.

They would have been the first team to arrive at the pit stop in the first leg that culminated in Chiang Mai, Thailand. However, after sharing a taxi ride with Thai residents Oliver and Mai, the Philippine team decided to play it fair. They selflessly walked away without the cash prize of $10,000.

"It was Thailand and they were helpful to us in getting around," Tisha said at the pit stop, where they were greeted by host Allan Wu and Thai resident Paula Taylor, who was a participant from Season 2.

Kicking off from a new location, in Bangkok when the season unfolded last Sept. 11, The Amazing Race Asia 3 has taken viewers such exciting destinations as Chiang Mai, Ho Chi Minh, Hue and Taipei.

This time, the producers take the competition a notch higher and make it "the toughest race ever," surpassing the challenges, adventures, thrills, excitement, twists and turns and even the drama of the first two seasons.

Clearly enough, the race is harder, faster and more intense, with many unexpected moments that the contestants may not be mentally and physically prepared for. After the fifth episode, however, viewers have yet to see a non-elimination round.

This season sees the first-ever Korean team, made up of brothers Isaac and William Hong, participating in the race. In Season Two, there was a brother-and-sister team from Japan, also a first-timer.

Aside from the Philippine team on The Amazing Race Asia 3, the others who are in the race are actress Ida and heiress Tania from Malaysia; friends A.D. and Fuzzie from Singapore; siblings Henry and Bernie from Malaysia; and buddies Vince and Sam from Hong Kong.

First to be eliminated were cousins Neena and Amit from India; followed by brothers Isaac and William from South Korea; beauty queens Natalie and Pailin from Thailand; father and son Niroo and Kapil from India; and bestfriends Mai and Oliver also from Thailand.

Two teams bailed out of different tasks by opting to take the four-hour penalty and subsequently being eliminated. Former Miss Universe Natalie Glebova (2005) abandoned the roadblock in Vietnam, where she was supposed to arrange seven emperor coins according to the ruler's reign. The coins represented the seven emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty. Natalie and her fellow beauty queen partner Pailin, who represented Thailand in the 2006 Miss Earth pageant, were eliminated in the third leg.

In the fourth episode also in Vietnam, Niroo and Kapil nearly quit out of sheer disappointment when they couldn't complete a task. Kapil also refused to finish his fermented tofu cooked in duck blood. Unfortunately, they were eliminated in that leg.

When Oliver and Mai were booted out in the fifth leg in Taipei, Oliver frustratingly remarked, "I know it would be tough, but I didn't know it would be this tough."

Will Philippine team Geoff and Tisha muster enough strength to make it to the finals? Let's keep our fingers crossed that they bring honor to the country by winning The Amazing Race Asia 3. - Leah C. Salterio (Philstar News Service, www.philstar.com)

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2008, 12:52:04 PM »
http://www.klue.com.my/articles/656-KLueTV-Bernie-and-Henry-Chan

http://klue.com.my/articles/707-Have-you-been-watching-Amazing-Race-Asia

Have you been watching Amazing Race Asia?

Have you guys been watching The Amazing Race Asia (TARA) Season 3? If you haven't, it's not too late to get into it. It's only in its third episode. Seriously, we all know we here at KLue had some gripes with who were in this season's teams. But then we actually had a chat with Bernie and Henry before the show premiere and charmed the pants off of us with their sibling banter. But after watching a few episodes, we take our hats off to the producers for picking Ida Nerina, Tania Khan, Bernie and Henry Chan to represent the Malaysian teams. Ya'll redeemed yourselves for casting the"Russian Beauty Queen"!

The Malaysian teams are awesome and they're definitely doing us proud. Bernie and Henry are the gung-ho, perfectionist, ever-optimistic and very polite team that you love to hate cause they just own your ass on each leg of the race. Meanwhile, Ida and Tania are the goofballs that say the funniest things and seem to genuinely to have a ball wherever they go. Tania's facial expressions are priceless and some may be wondering "What is she on? Crack?" - no, apparently she's just naturally  that awesome.

Is it me or does it make you wanna to tune into the show every Thursday night at 9pm on AXN (shameless TARA plug!!)?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 01:02:20 PM by banzai »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2008, 01:01:20 PM »
http://www.thesundaily.com/article.cfm?id=26024

Hard on the trail
by Anansa Jacob

THE third season of The Amazing Race Asia has gotten off to a fiery start, with 10 teams from around Asia battling it out in what is said to be the toughest race yet.

The two Malaysian teams of actress Bernie Chan and her brother Henry as well as actress Ida Nerina and her best friend, heiress Tania Khan, (pix left) started out strong.

Bernie and Henry ended the leg in Vietnam in first place, while Ida and Tania came in sixth.

For Ida, 44, and Tania, 36 (right), the trip was an eye-opener into the world of reality television. As fans of the series, they thought they knew what to expect when they were chosen to participate.

"We had lots of plans, many systems of how to handle challenges and tasks, but they all went out the window very soon after starting," Tania said.

Ida agreed. "Eventually, we decided that the important thing was to carry on enjoying ourselves and not be bothered so much about tactics on how to win."

She jokingly added: "It’s all a blur after that!"

It was the first time that either of them had backpacked, and the packing before the start of the race was eventful.

Ida said: "We were the only team who brought baby wipes with them. Everyone who knows me knows that I’m a little OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) and that I like having things clean."

They also realised that they would have to pack for all sorts of conditions on the road.

"We weren’t given any idea where we might be sent to," said Tania. "We didn’t know what sort of weather conditions to prepare for, so we packed clothing in layers. Jackets, T-shirts, tank tops – for every situation possible."

Ida added: "That was part of the thrill, not knowing where you would be going. We brought along as many changes of clothes as possible, as well as footwear like slippers, Aquashoes and so on."

On a lighter note, the two friends recalled the stories they cooked up for family and friends to
disguise the fact
that they were in The Amazing Race Asia.

"I told everyone that I was going to a yoga retreat and for a holiday in Europe," said Ida. "I only told my mum a different story, because it’s hard to lie to her. I told her that I was going for work."

Tania confessed: "It was hard for me to make up something, so I just told everyone that I was following Ida to the yoga retreat and to a business course in London."

Unfortunately for Ida, her long absence had some unwelcome side effects.

"Because I was away for so long, when I came back, my friends told me that there had been gossip going around that my husband and I had a fight and that we were separating," she sighed.

Despite that minor hiccup, Ida said: "We feel honoured to have been chosen to be a part of this event."

Now, Ida and Tania can sit back, relax and watch themselves on the small screen for the first time with their loved ones.

And of course, mum’s the word on who actually won the race this season. Everyone will just have to wait for the finale that will be aired sometime at the end of the year to find out.

The Amazing Race Season 3 airs on Astro’s AXN (Channel 701) every Thursday at 9pm.

Updated: 10:28AM Thu, 25 Sep 2008