Author Topic: Happiest Eliminations  (Read 9313 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Happiest Eliminations
« on: July 28, 2008, 07:10:27 PM »
We've been discussing our saddest eliminations. What teams did you say  :yess: when they were given the boot by Phil. Inquiring minds want to know.  :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Happiest Eliminations
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 07:15:12 PM »
Oswald and Danny!!!! :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 07:41:39 PM »
Lake & Michele (TAR9) off the top of my head.
Jonathan & Victoria, stating the obvious.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 10:05:26 PM »
Charla and Mirna in AR5 and AR11 finale

Joe and Bill stuck in third place finish in Alaska

Karlyn and Lyn unable to get the flight to JFK in AR10 finale

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 02:08:45 AM »
I actually disagree I really liked Charla ...and M...m...Mirna kind of too so I liked them!!!

I was happy when Jon and Victoria went "Jooooooonnnnnnnn"..."Viiiiccctttooorrriiiaaa" lol

and I laughed when Lenny and Karyn went it was hilarious!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 06:48:32 AM »
Jonathan and Victoria.

Also: Peter getting eliminated AND dumped, Ari/Staella getting hosed by a donkey, Susan/Patrick, Cindy/Russel (TAR4), everyone involved in the "Twin Hunt" save JVJ.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 11:49:31 AM »
Happiest for me:

Nathan & Jennifer (TAR12) - never expected that elimination.
Rob & Amber (TAR11) until I realized later that I wanted Charla & Mirna gone more. :groan:
David & Mary (TAR10 and 11)
Lake & Michelle (TAR9)
Lisa & Joni (TAR9) - Loud and obnoxious
John & Scott (TAR9) - John was too whiny
Ray & Deana (TAR7) - Ray was more annoying the longer he lasted.
Jonathan & Victoria (TAR6) - Both were too loud and immature.
Meredith & Maria (TAR6) didn't race well and just annoyed me with their slowness.
Charla & Mirna (TAR5) - I saw All-Stars first and I couldn't like them after that.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 10:08:03 PM »
Allison and Donny  Seriously bitter, bitter team.  That by the 2nd episode is worse then almost all fighting coupes (with a few exceptions) for their full seasons.

Then mainly (as this might be cruel) but teams that were hopeless.  Give them the mercy kill and let teams actually race.  Teams like John and Scott jump out in this category. 

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 04:11:48 PM »
My picks for the happiest eliminations:

Season 2:  Tara & Wil barely losing to Chris & Alex in a footrace.
Season 5:  Alison & Donny.  I hated Alison!
Season 6:  Jonathan the Jerk & Victoria.  I was cheering when they were eliminated!
Family Edition:  Seeing the Weaver Family come in third.
Season 12:  Nathan & Jennifer -- YAAYYY!!!!  During the end section of the leg in which they were eliminated, I was thinking "Can it be?  Could they finally be eliminated?"  When I saw Nicholas & Donald come in third, I thought "It is!  They're out!"  I wanted to throw a big party!

Belle Book

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 12:00:53 PM »
Season 12:  Nathan & Jennifer -- YAAYYY!!!!  During the end section of the leg in which they were eliminated, I was thinking "Can it be?  Could they finally be eliminated?"  When I saw Nicholas & Donald come in third, I thought "It is!  They're out!"  I wanted to throw a big party!

That had to be the best elimination ever! I never saw it coming and thought it was impossible. I celebrated! :yess:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 06:11:28 PM »
The best one? Charla and Mirna! I hated the whole "I'm a midgit, and dispite wanting to prove to the world I can do things on my own, I think I'll ask this guy to help me."

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 08:42:38 PM »
TAR 1 - LENNNN-EEEEEEE!!! & Karyn - Tough to watch. Tough to listen to. I'm surprised Lenny didn't bring Karyn up to the Eiffel Tower to throw her off as she was complaining about his lack of location skills.

TAR 2 - Gary & Dave aka Itchy & Scratchy - Did not like this team at all. Gary never shut up. Dave looked like he wanted to hit Gary at times. Gary mugged for the camera several times until his annoying elimination in Africa. I'm happy not to have heard anything from him since.

TAR 3 - I could go with the Doublemint Twins, they annoyed the hell out of me, but I won't. I'm going with Heather & Eve. Oooh, we're Harvard Law School graduates. We're smart and pretty. We're going to play dumb and use our bodies to get forward. We're going to fail to read our clue and get eliminated. SHUT UP! GET OUT! Thank goodness the racing gods got to them before they could do more damage.

TAR 4 - David & Jeff aka Team Who? - The only team that I will use a certain person's description from TWoP because it fits. No personality. No planning skills. No brains. No finish line. Second team to get the mercy elimination because they were so far behind in the last leg. Even if they had made it to Arizona with Reichen & Chip and Kelly & Jon, they deserved the mercy elimination because they were so bad.

TAR 5 - Allison & Donny - Her behavior was awful, especially in the dog challenge in Argentina. They're behavior during the second leg was reprehensible.

TAR 6 - (tie) Hayden & Aaron - Why he proposed at the mat at their elimination is beyond me. Hayden's whining, complaining, asking about how she could run the relay in one challenge was too much. Too intense. How Aaron didn't leave Hayden in China is beyond me. Too annoying for my taste. She's attractive, but that doesn't make up for her whining.

TAR 6 - (tie) Jonathan & Victoria - You didn't think I would forget them would you? Jonathan says his behavior was misinterpreted due to editing. I don't think you can make him look any worse or better, plus subsequent shows have displayed Jonathan's true colors. You can't forgive that shove at the mat at the Brandenberg Gate nor can you forgive him not helping Victoria when she cut herself at the mud challenge in Ethiopia. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.

TAR 7 - Lynn & Alex - There were a couple of candidates who come to mind. Susan & Patrick, Ron & Kelly, but I'll take Lynn & Alex here. They obsessed over Rob & Amber. They were quite mean when they thought she was too thin. Lynn & Alex just didn't belong on the race, IMHO. I did not like them at all and I was so happy when they were Philiminated.

TAR 8 - The Weavers - I did not like this team. I've written plenty about this team before. We know about the patriarch who died in a race. We just didn't need to be hit over the head on this fact in every episode. And their behavior was reprehensible at times. No need to rehash.

TAR 9 - Lake & Michelle - He yelled. She yelled back. My ears needed a break and I got it when they were eliminated.

TAR 10 - Peter & Sarah - Another guy who says editing made him look bad. Ok, maybe I'll give Peter a break since he works with War veterans making prosthetic limbs for them, but his behavior while Sarah was climbing the mountain was not stellar. Lying back, drinking a coke, while Sarah was trying to scale the rock wall was a bit much. Breaking up at the mat is so hard to do. When you're Sarah, it's not that hard.

TAR All Stars - Charla & Mirna - They finished 3rd when they should have been the 2nd to be out. I liked this team until the 2nd episode of this season when Mirna made some really inexplicable moves especially with the taxi driver in Chile. What was that? I wish they had been eliminated in 4th so Oswald & Danny could go to the finals, but it was not to be.

TAR 12 - Ari & Staella - Hated them. Ari's stealing of Ron & Christina's cab was avenged by the racing gods. This is a rule of the racing gods. If you steal someone's taxi, you will be eliminated down the line. The revenge? The donkeys in Ireland and it served them right.

There you have it.
Just here to visit.

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 04:13:35 PM »
TAR 6 - (tie) Hayden & Aaron - ...How Aaron didn't leave Hayden in China is beyond me. Too annoying for my taste. She's attractive, but that doesn't make up for her whining.
:funny: :funny: :funny:  too true! i remember thinking that myself.  truth be told, mirna is not that bad looking either - i'm watching TAR11 now and she looks pretty good in the little shorts laying back on that dhow to zanzibar. now, if somebody would just epoxy that mouth, i would find this team a lot more tolerable..

Offline TheScandinavianAmazingR.

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Best Survivor ever.............Ozzy
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 08:35:05 AM »
TAR 1 - LENNNN-EEEEEEE!!! & Karyn - Tough to watch. Tough to listen to. I'm surprised Lenny didn't bring Karyn up to the Eiffel Tower to throw her off as she was complaining about his lack of location skills.

TAR 2 - Gary & Dave aka Itchy & Scratchy - Did not like this team at all. Gary never shut up. Dave looked like he wanted to hit Gary at times. Gary mugged for the camera several times until his annoying elimination in Africa. I'm happy not to have heard anything from him since.

TAR 3 - I could go with the Doublemint Twins, they annoyed the hell out of me, but I won't. I'm going with Heather & Eve. Oooh, we're Harvard Law School graduates. We're smart and pretty. We're going to play dumb and use our bodies to get forward. We're going to fail to read our clue and get eliminated. SHUT UP! GET OUT! Thank goodness the racing gods got to them before they could do more damage.

TAR 4 - David & Jeff aka Team Who? - The only team that I will use a certain person's description from TWoP because it fits. No personality. No planning skills. No brains. No finish line. Second team to get the mercy elimination because they were so far behind in the last leg. Even if they had made it to Arizona with Reichen & Chip and Kelly & Jon, they deserved the mercy elimination because they were so bad.

TAR 5 - Allison & Donny - Her behavior was awful, especially in the dog challenge in Argentina. They're behavior during the second leg was reprehensible.

TAR 6 - (tie) Hayden & Aaron - Why he proposed at the mat at their elimination is beyond me. Hayden's whining, complaining, asking about how she could run the relay in one challenge was too much. Too intense. How Aaron didn't leave Hayden in China is beyond me. Too annoying for my taste. She's attractive, but that doesn't make up for her whining.

TAR 6 - (tie) Jonathan & Victoria - You didn't think I would forget them would you? Jonathan says his behavior was misinterpreted due to editing. I don't think you can make him look any worse or better, plus subsequent shows have displayed Jonathan's true colors. You can't forgive that shove at the mat at the Brandenberg Gate nor can you forgive him not helping Victoria when she cut herself at the mud challenge in Ethiopia. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.

TAR 7 - Lynn & Alex - There were a couple of candidates who come to mind. Susan & Patrick, Ron & Kelly, but I'll take Lynn & Alex here. They obsessed over Rob & Amber. They were quite mean when they thought she was too thin. Lynn & Alex just didn't belong on the race, IMHO. I did not like them at all and I was so happy when they were Philiminated.

TAR 8 - The Weavers - I did not like this team. I've written plenty about this team before. We know about the patriarch who died in a race. We just didn't need to be hit over the head on this fact in every episode. And their behavior was reprehensible at times. No need to rehash.

TAR 9 - Lake & Michelle - He yelled. She yelled back. My ears needed a break and I got it when they were eliminated.

TAR 10 - Peter & Sarah - Another guy who says editing made him look bad. Ok, maybe I'll give Peter a break since he works with War veterans making prosthetic limbs for them, but his behavior while Sarah was climbing the mountain was not stellar. Lying back, drinking a coke, while Sarah was trying to scale the rock wall was a bit much. Breaking up at the mat is so hard to do. When you're Sarah, it's not that hard.

TAR All Stars - Charla & Mirna - They finished 3rd when they should have been the 2nd to be out. I liked this team until the 2nd episode of this season when Mirna made some really inexplicable moves especially with the taxi driver in Chile. What was that? I wish they had been eliminated in 4th so Oswald & Danny could go to the finals, but it was not to be.

TAR 12 - Ari & Staella - Hated them. Ari's stealing of Ron & Christina's cab was avenged by the racing gods. This is a rule of the racing gods. If you steal someone's taxi, you will be eliminated down the line. The revenge? The donkeys in Ireland and it served them right.

There you have it.
Here is my Top 5:

1. Charla and Mirna Season 5
2. Lynn and Alex Season 7
3. Susan and Patrick Season 7
4. Lake and Michelle Season 9
5. Lorena and Jason Season 12

Offline beau_30

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • STEWIE GRIFFIN FOR 2008!!
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 11:50:25 AM »
Happiest to leave:

1) Lenny & Karyn (TAR)
2) Tara & Wil (TAR2)
3) Charla & Mirna (TAR5)
4) Jonthan & Victora (TAR6) - GREAT ELIMINATION
5) Lynn & Alex (TAR7) - Just because ROB & AMBER got TARALLSTARS ELIMINATED!
6) THE WEAVERS (TARFE) - TIED FOR BEST ELIMINATION EVER!!!!
7) Eric & Tyler - Them Stupid frats, deserved to loose.
8) Lake & Michelle - Lake was Annoying.
9) Rob & Amber (TAR 11) - SECOND BEST ELIMNIATION EVER!!!, BUt it was predicatable
10) Jennifer & Nathan (TAR12) - BEST ELIMINATION EVER!!!!
"The only Thing to Fear, Is Fear Itself"

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 04:48:53 PM »
1. Rob & Amber coming in 2nd Ha! Ha!
2. Rob & Amber in All-Stars
3. Nate & Jen finally getting eliminated
4. Johnathan & Victoria - off my screen, now!
5. Dustin & whatshernose

I'd put Rob & Amber for all 5 spots if i could.

Offline Sam‽

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sam's Reality Wiki
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 05:04:50 PM »
By season
1. Kim & Leslie
2. Gary & Dave
3. Derek & Drew
4. Steve & Josh
5. Kami & Karli
6. Hayden & Aaron
7. Ray & Deana
8. Godlewski Sisters
9. MoJo
10. Dustin & Kandice
11. Romber
12. Nate & Jenn

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 05:27:09 PM »
Well lets go through the seasons.

Usually I have to feelings either teams that I can't stand or teams who were absolutely hopeless.

Season 1:  Lenny & Karyn - From the 2nd episode this team was so difficult to watch, just bitter bitter behavior an almost all of it from the female.  Paul & Amie, I didn't like Paul wanting to quit every time Amie would start crying, but damn it Amie stop crying......Kim & Leslie (what bitches)

Season 2:  No one, closest would be the Gutsy Grannies, just get them off my screen.  Not because I disliked them, but because you so knew that they didn't have it in them.  I mean I wanted Wil & Tara to be eliminated, but never happened, first real time to be out and out nasty to other racers and locals (and I hate that).

Season 3:  Aaron & Ariana, though I wish it happened when he was broke down crying on the road....Heather and Eve (another way for me to hate you is the we are so much smarter then everyone else....)

Season 4:  Cindy & Russel (what an ass), Steve & Dave (yeah you guys have a shot), Tian & Jaree (bitter, bitter behavior towards each other worse then most teams), Debra & Steve thank god they were put out of their misery early.

Season 5:  Charla & Mirna at times a team that amused me, but more often then not rude and mean spirited, Marshall & Lance (Quitters, I hate them), Kami & Karli (how did these two clueless women make it so far), Alison & Donny (damn in one episode the amount of bile is beyond belief).

Season 6:  Meredith & Maria (what a waste of casting), Lori & Bolo at times amusing but often loud and bitter, Jonathan & Victoria almost don't make this list as it was so far in the season that it almost ruined TAR for me.

Season 7:  Susan & PAtrick, bitter and obsessed with R & A but without any humor which Lynn & Alex on occasion had.  Ray & Denna , what a ass.

Season 8:  Rodgers (though I felt terrible for Brock, the son who was blamed for everything, when he was the one who was correct), Godlewskis, who just over time went really bitter and already shrill.  Also really didn't like the Schroeders and the Paolos.

Season 9:  John & Scott (posters kids for hopeless), Lake & MIchelle (just mean to each other and Lake was nuts).

Season 10:  Erwin & Godwin, a team that could have been a good racing team if they had any comprehension of what a competition is.

Season 11:  Rob & Amber (he,he though I did like this team more), David & MAry (who had no business there), Kevin & Drew (It was just painful watching them shouldn't have been cast).

Season 12:  Ari & Stella what asses and I wasn't talking about the donkey, Azaria & Hendekia (Again dislike the were so much smarter, not to mention his attitude towards his sister), Nathan & Jennifer (actually was happy and sad, it was really hard seeing them in their last shots, but it was also very cool to see the team self destruct mainly due to Jennifer's attitude).

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 08:24:26 PM »
I forgot about Peter & Sarah.  I was pretty happy to see Peter gone from my screen -- forever!  Sarah, not so much.

Belle Book

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 08:34:26 PM »
Yeah Peter bothered me, not be being the typical abusive partner, but being seeming so indifferent.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 12:45:23 AM »
TARAus 1: Richard & Joey. Up until they were eliminated I was like  :groan: :res: I have to watch the whole season with them in it?

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 03:36:08 PM »
The happiest was
S6 Jon & Victoria
he immature wanting to be macho, her loud whiny.
S5 Donny & Alison
just plain mean.
S1 Lenny & Karyn
treat someone like they are 6 and they act it.