Author Topic: Russell Hantz may participate in TAR in future  (Read 24656 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: Russell Hantz may participate in TAR in future
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2012, 10:23:59 AM »
Does Rob Marinaro ring a bell?

Hantz has no idea about TAR gameplay. I cannot imagine him on the show without a lot of negative pushback from the fanbase, many of whom do not like that sort of gameplay on TAR.

I just think he would not fit in and would make the show a parody of itself which we do not need, and I do not want.

It's funny that his nephew and his brother are having to deal with Russell's legacy on their seasons of Survivor and Big Brother. And you note that the other players are not happy with either of them being there. So the reaction about Russell is not accidental.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2012, 10:43:09 AM »
Amen. It would be a disaster for TAR, imo.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2012, 11:42:30 AM »
Does Rob Marinaro ring a bell?

Hantz has no idea about TAR gameplay. I cannot imagine him on the show without a lot of negative pushback from the fanbase, many of whom do not like that sort of gameplay on TAR.

I just think he would not fit in and would make the show a parody of itself which we do not need, and I do not want.

It's funny that his nephew and his brother are having to deal with Russell's legacy on their seasons of Survivor and Big Brother. And you note that the other players are not happy with either of them being there. So the reaction about Russell is not accidental.

Well you can think what you want and I'm not trying to convince anyone but I think my argument on this hasn't been weakened.  As I said in my last post I thought Rob was better on the Race, and the game is completely different than Survivor anyway so why would you even compare it to Survivor?  And as I said his nephew and brother privately will be thanking Russell greatly for even putting them on the radar for appearing on these shows.  And even if there is negative feedback from some those people will still probably love to hate him, just like some people did with Brendon and Rachel.  You had probably quite a loud small minority saying they wouldn't watch the show, but I bet they did.   :lol:

Offline tullfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2012, 05:21:49 PM »
Based on watching a few episodes of his cable show Flipped off, I don't think casting Russell Hantz is a good idea for TAR.  From what I saw of that show, Russell Hantz has a very explosive temper and throws tantrums when things don't go his way.  I would pity whoever would be Russell's race partner.  Potentially, Russell Hantz could be as bad or worse than Jonathan Baker.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2012, 06:53:43 PM »
While Russell's antics on Survivor were appalling, there's no way I'm skipping TAR if he's on the show. I agree, it would not be a success for TAR if they added him here.  I'd shake my head at the idea, not in surprise, but in major disappointment.  If TAR won't bring back past racers for whatever reason that's fine, but the hypocrisy of Hantz here (along with Reilly, Lloyd, Irwin, Morasca, etc) racing in an 11-teams of 2 season is pretty obvious IMO.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2012, 08:48:01 PM »
Seems the news is from Russell's Twitter:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2012, 08:51:33 PM »
He is delusional, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2012, 09:13:58 PM »
I wouldn't be that surprised to see CBS put him and one of his relatives on. I mean, they put Brenchel on :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline asar

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2012, 10:40:54 AM »
Russell would use Fastforward. He would U-turn whoever pisses him off. He would steal a cab and try to hinder other players getting from A to B.
This is also why I want him on Amazing race. He is entertaining.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2012, 10:44:12 AM »
well Brandon and Willie are on, Russells going on TAR. CBS loves the Hantz Family.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2012, 03:59:16 PM »
I think the small chance this could ever happen have just gotten smaller to non-existent.

Stay tuned for the Sunday Big Brother 14 broadcast for the explanation.
-- theschnauzers

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2012, 08:55:49 PM »
He'd transform The Amazing Race into The Mazing Race. :lol:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。