Author Topic: Saddest eliminations  (Read 117292 times)

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
Re: Saddest eliminations
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2010, 02:56:08 PM »
I still feel sad for Lisa and Erik who never got a chance to race :'(

Offline Competitor

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2010, 04:34:11 PM »
I still feel sad for Lisa and Erik who never got a chance to race :'(

This is numero uno in my book. Everyone ought to at least be able to board that first flight abroad and run a leg. The only thing that tempered my disappointment a bit was when I read that they were recruited. At least this wasn't a couple who had watched every episode and applied and gone through all of the excitement only to get crushed immediately.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2010, 04:34:03 AM »
They should have given Eric & Lisa a chance on TAR 16, I'm sure that they would make at least the final six....

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2012, 06:24:52 AM »
Zev & Justin.  I wanted to root for them so much since Zev was an Aspie like I am.  But the passport thing was just devastating.

Maria & Tiffany.  That damn Detour was too physical either way, and hopefully, the producers will learn from that fiasco and not ever make two physical Detours again in case of a women's team making it that far.

Just looking through 15 and the Maria and Tiffany elimination is a bitter one to swallow.  Not only on physical strength but on arm strength, hitting a very big golf ball and having to pass a fairground strength test.  I was happy they survived Zev and Justin (even though they were chosen for the Unfinished Business) as they had helped someone else in the scarf shop which actually put them at risk in that leg.  And even if they were given the answer to counting the bells, it wasn't that hard a task for most of them anyway and it wasn't like they were asking for the answer.  I thought they gave all they could on the legs.  I can't even see a thread for them here which I find rather disappointing.

Zev and Justin pretty much went out on carelessness so it was just their fault really.  Despite that they were given a chance on unfinished business, which actually they were pretty good on.  But based on this season I would have preferred Maria and Tiffany.

Another sad elimination would be the girls who did the haystack task all night.  Actually it is always sad when a task is too hard to complete and someone can't even make the pitstop. 

I'm sure there's some others but it's hard to remember them all.

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2012, 11:00:03 AM »
Zev & Justin
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2012, 11:09:34 AM »
I actually felt more sorry for Zev and Justin second time around, though it was still not among the saddest for me.  But the fact that they did all that waxing, and then got taunted on the final task (a stupid processional one making some cocktails) made it a less pleasant exit.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2012, 11:13:39 AM »
The second Zev & Justin, I felt, wasn't that sad. Zev couldn't dance and they picked the wrong side or the detour. They already raced 11 legs and they didn't miss out on any cultures.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2012, 11:38:09 AM »
For me it was deffiently

S1: Nancy and Emily (top 3)
S3: Heather and Eve
S9: Wanda and Desiere (Top 3)
S10: Duke and Lauren and team DK
S13: Tonie and Dallas (Top 3)
S15: Eric and Lisa (not so much just rlyl bogus)
S20: Misa and Maya

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2012, 11:52:40 AM »
I agree that Misa & Maya's elimination was sad. :( They were so close to advancing! It was right within their grasp!

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2012, 12:00:44 PM »
Bill & Cathi (Season 19) I wanted them to be in the final 3 so much. I feel like it's a very great accomplishment & fulfillment to them just being in it.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2012, 12:03:54 PM »
Jet and Cord
Bill and Cathi
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2012, 12:13:54 PM »
Yeh it wasn't really sad for Zev and Justin there, just a a bit unsatisfying.  The leg designs towards the end with processional things like the chimney sweep task and that cocktails task were the points where the season started to fall short of classic I thought.

And I agree on Duke and Lauren, the taxi driver and his friend who hitched a ride really swindled them.  That was definitely a bitter one.

I was sad to see Bill and Cathi go, though their navigation was terrible in the race.  Not the fault of taxi driver there from what I remember.

Haven't seen Jet and Cord on their original season, in Unfinished Business though I found them quite dull.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2012, 12:20:01 PM »
I thought Bill & Cathi's elimination was sad because they stole my heart and was my favorite team. I thought it was their time to go. I think all eliminations are sad.

I was sad to see Bill and Cathi go, though their navigation was terrible in the race.  Not the fault of taxi driver there from what I remember.

They self drove on that leg.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2012, 02:00:07 PM »
Jet and Cord
Bill and Cathi

Gary and Mallory
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2012, 04:44:21 PM »
Gary & Mallory's was sad. They got lost from a wrong map. As well with Maria & Tiffany, whenever a team is eliminated off of something they couldn't really control is sad. I wish Maria & Tiffany would have made Unfinished Business over Flight Time & Big Easy.

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2012, 10:57:49 PM »
Jet and Cords in Amazing Race 18 - They knew that they were gone, but it was still sad - I hated seeing the back of them  :'( It was also the end of one of the best legs of the amazing race that I have ever seen, so in this case an emotional farewell capped it off.

This was the saddest one for me.
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2012, 02:30:34 AM »
Anne-Marie & Tracy on TAR AU 1.

A quick summary of their elimination.

Show content
They and Mo & Mos were at the RB at the pit stop . RB was arrange 12 lanterns representing the animals of the Chinese Zodiac. If it was done right a gate would open to show the pit stop. Mo & Mos took the penalty. Then it showed Anne-Marie & Tracy trying their heart out at the RB. Then it shows Anne-Marie & Tracy walking thought the gate. At the mat, Grant tells Mo & Mos and the viewers that Anne-Marie & Tracy also took a penalty, meaning that Mo & Mos were still in the race and that Anne-Marie & Tracy had been eliminated.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2012, 04:25:18 AM »
Meridith and Gretchen and Charla and Mirna

THIS+LINDA & KAREN (ONLY TIME I'VE CRIED)...

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2012, 05:21:11 AM »
Jaime and Cara's on TAR18. Another taxi moment  :'(
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2012, 03:33:37 PM »
Jaime and Cara's on TAR18. Another taxi moment  :'(

The taxi didn't really hurt them. They just couldn't get the dinosaur task quick enough.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2012, 07:09:36 PM »
I agree with those who mentioned Charla and Mirna.  I was really annoyed when I looked through AR5 as they went too soon.  It was mainly Mirna I missed though as she was both funny and also played a good role in the game opposing Colin's group.  I think the season did recover but it just felt wrong at that point.

Actually in All Stars I thought Rob and Amber went too early, as they were good competitors and it seemed a waste that they left just on a chance task of finding the right envelope.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:15:04 PM by starrynight »

NoluckBoston

« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2012, 10:39:29 PM »
I have seen a few people mention Emily and Nancy. Don't get me wrong I rooted for Mommily all the way.  :<3

However, they got what they deserved. If they had worked harder, then they could have avoided elimination. By not completing the task and giving up, they essentially quite.

There legacy, and its a great one, is when you hear another team discuss how you never give up. Its true, you never know!

By the end of Season 2 I really could careless who was going to win. However, you could really feel the loss for Will. He knew he lost the race, his wife, and it was all on TV.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2012, 11:24:21 PM »
I have to say that one of the saddest was Rob and Amber in season 11.  They were a very competitive team and to go out on such a random luck task was very sad.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2012, 01:55:29 AM »
By the end of Season 2 I really could careless who was going to win. However, you could really feel the loss for Will. He knew he lost the race, his wife, and it was all on TV.

You mean couldn't care less.  :D  I disliked that season as I said in the overrated thread.

I have to say that one of the saddest was Rob and Amber in season 11.  They were a very competitive team and to go out on such a random luck task was very sad.

Totally agree, I mentioned that a couple of posts back.  I was looking forward to the battle between them and the others.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2012, 03:44:26 AM »

Well they had bad karma.