Author Topic: TAR6: Lena Jensen & Kristy Jensen - Sisters  (Read 12635 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
TAR6: Lena Jensen & Kristy Jensen - Sisters
« on: July 07, 2008, 10:33:33 PM »
LENA & KRISTY
Sisters

Biography:
Lena & Kristy are sisters who grew up in Utah. In the Fall, Kristy will be starting her last year of college at University of Utah. She is the single mother of an eight-year-old daughter, Madison. She recently took a few months off from school to move to Denmark with her daughter.

Lena is a student and former striptease aerobics instructor. She also put college on hold so she could travel abroad, but is planning to return to school after the Race. She describes herself as outgoing, happy and competitive.

Most of the time the sisters get along very well; however, they agree that getting into a fist fight a few years back was a low point in their relationship. One of the most special times they had as sisters was living together in Las Vegas.

Being a young single mother, Kristy's motivation for being on THE AMAZING RACE is to enjoy this experience to the fullest and do all the things she has never been able to do, while Lena wants to win the $1 million.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 04:38:41 PM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Lena Jensen & Kristy Jensen - TAR6
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 10:42:51 PM »
lol
you`re four years late  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 10:52:46 PM »
That is fine Hooky, don't listen to Michael  :lol:

I think I started doing contestant's own threads TAR9? so anyone you want to add is just fine.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 12:45:01 PM »
I just added this because I think we should discuss some of the older teams as well.

Lena & Kristy were a strong team right up to their unlucky elimination. They were usually in first or second place. Those dumb hay bales! :groan:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 01:46:37 PM »
I liked Lena & Kristy. They could have given up in the hay bales, but they kept going until Phil had to eliminate them. Luck of the draw.

I did like in the behind-the-scenes special that they were putting up the lippy to look good for Phil. So many women like to make sure they're properly made up at the mat despite going all out on the leg.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 02:06:40 PM »
I cried when they were eliminated....I was like NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 08:51:59 AM »
It was a sad day when the hay bales eliminated them from AR6. I thought they were going to be the first female/female team to win an Amazing Race. Unfortunately, I think that although Lena and Kristy were very fit, Lena's limited upper body strength slowed her down in pushing those heavy hay bales around vs. the other teams(even Mary Jean and Don) left after the first 2 episodes had eliminated Joe and Avi and Meredith and Maria. Combined with an incredible run of bad luck in choice of bales, that strength deficit led to their demise.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 08:24:52 PM »
I loved this team..but review of Lena's task later showed that she actually missed several envelopes...so it wasn't that she didn't have any...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 02:00:49 PM »
They were always at the front of the pack. Bad luck did them in.

They were meant to be in the Final 3, I think. (:;)