Author Topic: BB10 contestant April Dowling  (Read 35431 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
BB10 contestant April Dowling
« on: July 07, 2008, 10:04:44 PM »
April

myspace

« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 12:00:31 AM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: BB10 contestant April Dowling
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 02:38:37 AM »

Hometown: Higley, AZ via Arlington, NE
Marital Status: Single

April graduated from Doane College in Crete, NE with a Bachelor's Degree in Sports and Fitness Management. She is currently working as a Financial Manager at a car dealership and does well in this "man's world".

She admits to being OCD and can't sleep at night if the bottles in the refrigerator aren't lined up properly.

April's mother has always been there for her though they do have occasional differences of opinion. She describes her father as her "rock" and says he is her number one supporter. She has an identical twin sister, who is pregnant, and both have the same tattoo on their lower backs. Her favorite foods are carb-laden and include pasta, bread and Fruit Loops cereal. Her ideal romantic partner is fun, outgoing, adventurous, caring, patient, understanding, motivated and smart and she wonders if wanting all of these qualities is the reason she has yet to marry. She has a Siamese cat named George.

She describes herself as outgoing, competitive and attractive and is most proud that she's a college graduate. She likes football and basketball and roots for the Nebraska Cornhuskers and the Phoenix Suns. Her favorite activities are watching sports, grilling outside, bowling and having sex. Her favorite movies are "Dumb & Dumber," Remember the Titans" and "Crash." She loves all types of music and her favorite artists are Dave Mathews, Madonna and Gwen Stefani. She reads Cosmo and particularly likes to read gossip magazines.

Her birth date is March 24, 1978.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/big_brother/
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 03:26:38 PM by puddin »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:48:56 AM »
 :groan:  suffers from OCD... eats fruit-loops.... BUT is a cat lover... there's hope for her yet.  :funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 09:51:36 AM »
:groan:  suffers from OCD... eats fruit-loops.... BUT is a cat lover... there's hope for her yet.  :funny:
Helloo sistah  :yess:, except I prefer Captain Crunch.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 11:53:49 AM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 01:16:10 PM »
Okay..What former HG is doing these Interviews? ???

April is pretty adorable...
Has OCD--has never been able to have a roommate because of it
Can't stand dirty dishes in the sink, worried about the hygiene of the house :lol:
Hopes BB will help her overcome some of her OCD and change her for the better
Wants to enjoy every minute and have fun
Big BB fan but thought season 9 was boring! (knew I liked her!)
Identical twin...has never gone more than 24 hours w/out talking to her sister
Works as one of a few women in a man's field..thinks she will be friends with the guys
Doesn't want to be preached to about religion or politics--doesn't vote
Had a DUI but "was just unfortunate to be caught" 
Has a secret crush on Howie!
Biggest fear: going out first or having to eat something nasty--she likes her food bland so thinks slop will be okay

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 01:17:10 PM »
it's Diane peach

Nuala

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 06:59:53 PM »
Dang...she's going to be up all night....wow I hope the updaters are able to get sleep during the day.....LOL.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 07:03:27 PM »
Dang...she's going to be up all night....wow I hope the updaters are able to get sleep during the day.....LOL.
I'm already obsessed thinking about it Nuala, as a matter of fact I won't be able to sleep tonight  :lol:

Nuala

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 07:10:57 PM »
I'm already obsessed thinking about it Nuala, as a matter of fact I won't be able to sleep tonight  :lol:

:lol:

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 08:50:42 PM »
lol she's going to be fun to watch

you know people will start messing with her OCD

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 01:47:42 PM »
Meet April, an HG on the BRAND NEW season of Big Brother! It's going to be a hot Summer!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 01:50:27 PM »
it says the video is no longer available!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 01:54:02 PM »
it must be you Michael, I see it

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 01:55:00 PM »
No problem for me. YouTube must hate Canada.  ;) ;)
Just here to visit.

Offline seabreezy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 04:15:04 PM »
Bumper sticker:  I have CDO...it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order.....like they should be. :lol:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 04:45:24 PM »
 :lol: I find myself thinking of the amount of crap people are going to give her in the house, I like her she seems nice, I hope she makes it through the first few rounds without being Evicted. And Michael, it says This Video is no longer available for me also...? :pull
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 06:36:20 PM »
I can see it too so must be out of country ...sorry guys!

I like her--she cracks me up!

I don't know if the HG's are going to kill her because of the OCD, or if she is going to have her own meltdown because of it...I hope she lasts a while!

But thanks anyway April, I do not need to feel 'em!  :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 06:38:13 PM »
LOL Peach -- isn't she so kind to offer?
I hope to run into her in the streets, ill question her boobs.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 07:13:21 PM »
 :funny: I look forward to the day when I can  :wohoo:  :-[  :funny:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 11:17:21 PM »
thanks to WLBB

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 12:56:45 AM »
Big Brother 10's April: Sex, Lies and Videotape
by Adam Bryant

April Dowling, Big Brother 10
 April Dowling said she didn't do anything to deserve being evicted from the Big Brother 10 house. True, she was quite "friendly" (she let a 75-year-old man grab her breasts on Day 1 and a quick YouTube search will return multiple videos of her cozying up with her showmance partner Ollie, obviously forgetting —or not caring — that the camera is always running), but the feeling with the rest of the house apparently wasn't mutual. Though she has no idea how much of her has made its way onto the Internet, we were able to chat about her 4-1 eviction, how she really feels about Keesha and, of course, her showmance.
TVGuide.com: How are you doing after your first night out of the house?
April Dowling: I'm going on lack of sleep, but that's OK — I haven't been sleeping that well in the house anyway because there are some snoring problems in the house. So me not getting much sleep was fine.

TVGuide.com: Care to call out any of the snorers?
April: [Laughs] I'm sure if you've watched the show you know who they are.

TVGuide.com: While on the block you told Ollie you hadn't done anything to deserve being nominated. Knowing how this game works, do you really feel that way?
April: When you are placed on the block, you have a lot of mixed emotions. I did play the game well, and I did have disagreements with a few people in the house, but I really hadn't done much to Renny, who ultimately nominated me. But with her alliance, obviously Keesha and I had some disagreements in our time there, but never anything with Renny. So I was kind of upset that she didn’t make a decision of her own, and maybe put me on the block for Keesha's sake.

TVGuide.com: But isn't that type of nominating by committee exactly what your original alliance with Libra was doing?
April: Completely. This game has been that way a lot, with the head of household only listening to the alliance. That's not fair — everybody needs their own vote and everyone has a decision of their own. That's the way it should go. But a lot of people are trying to protect themselves by staying in these alliances, and they have to realize that when it gets down to less and less people, that's not going to stick. But Renny said she put me on the block because I was a strong competitor, and if that's the case, then I respect that.

TVGuide.com: You told Julie you have nothing bad to say about Keesha, but we saw you say some pretty nasty things about her to Ollie….
April: [Laughs] When you're in the moment, and when you are with people 24/7 and can't get away, you're frustrated. They're sitting there cursing you out and making negative comments about you, so of course you're going to retaliate and not just sit there and take it. So those comments I made I think were kind of random and probably inappropriate of me. But you feel that way, and you can't get away from those feelings, considering that person is still staring you in the face. So you just keep fuming and fuming until it comes out in words. So I do regret some of the things I said about her, but I'm sure she didn't only talk about roses with me either. We won’t ever be friends outside of the house, but I will get along with her when she comes to the jury house, which I definitely see happening.

TVGuide.com: Did Dan ever show any indication that he might take the money you offered him?
April: A final offer was never laid out there to Dan. I told him that I had some monetary items that I could offer him as well as protection in the game, but never was a discussion had that a decision on an exact amount was made.  It was really just thrown out there as something for him to bite on if chose to, but it was always a vague conversation.

TVGuide.com: How shocked were you during the veto ceremony when he ambiguously mentioned that someone had offered him money?
April: I was extremely shocked. It was probably one of the most shocking moments in the game for me. I was very angry, and I think the only reason Dan did that was to make himself look better. He was like, "Yeah, this was offered to me, but I'm protecting my alliance by not taking it," when that wasn't the case at all. It was basically thrown out there, and to be quite frank about it, Dan approached Ollie about me having money. And then Dan approached Jerry about the money two, basically saying, "I have the veto, do other one of you want it." So it really made me and Jerry look bad, when in fact Dan approached me about it.

TVGuide.com: Do you think the other houseguests got it out of Dan to which nominee he was referring?
April: I'm sure some people assumed it was me, and I'm sure some thought it was Jerry. I think Dan wanted to keep it quiet, since there wasn't an exact number given. He wanted to continue to make himself look good, and by keeping it unknown he did so, since he didn't have a lot of truth behind it.

TVGuide.com: So Ollie — is he really more than a showmance?
April: Oh, gosh, that's the question of the day. Our relationship is wonderful. He was definitely my best friend on the show. We were able to share a lot of moments together, and he was able to take my mind off of all the chaos that was going on in the house. So, it was nice and refreshing. I definitely see Ollie and I having some sort of relationship outside the Big Brother house, but what that entails I'm not sure. We haven't even talked on the phone before! So, it just depends on what the real world and life outside the house brings us because so many things can change.

TVGuide.com: Did you ever feel like you were carrying Ollie?
April: I don't think I was carrying him, and he felt really bad throughout the season that he wasn't winning competitions and that I was being the stronger competitor. I always had to reassure him that it absolutely wasn't like that. I'm proud of how he played the game, and I would never fault him for not winning competitions.

TVGuide.com: Do you think he can go on to win without you?
April: Some people play that role and don't win competitions so that they don't become a target. They lay low and sometimes get further in the game. In this case, obviously Ollie has. As far as who goes to the end, I'm not sure because there are a lot of great people left in the house. But I have my favorite, of course, in Ollie.

TVGuide.com: Are you surprised by the amount of floaters still in the house?
April: In the beginning, there were a lot of strong personalities, and we all built alliances around those. With all of those strong personalities and alliances, we targeted Dan, Renny and Jerry. We knew they would go either way and never really had any sort of honor with any group, so we were targeting them. But then we started picking off each other instead, and sent out some of the stronger players. So I definitely see the possibility of a floater winning this year.

TVGuide.com: Are you dreading spending a week alone in the jury house with Libra?
April: [Laughs] Libra and I got along great the first few weeks. Now, we're playing a different part of the game, and I'm sure we will have a different outlook on the game. I respect Libra, I think she's a very powerful woman and she and I have a lot to talk about. So it should be interesting.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/april-big-brother/080825-02

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 04:06:55 PM »
Early Show exit interview with April

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 04:34:01 PM »
exit interview with ew.com

We realize there's probably more to April Dowling, the 30-year-old financial manager from Arizona, than meets the eye. But who wants to hear about her hopes and dreams when she allowed a dirty old man to fondle her mammaries on national TV? We talk to April about that memorable first night on Big Brother, plus her showmance with Ollie and how the camera captures everything.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: I’m going to ask it eventually so I might as well get it out of the way now. Why did you allow a 75-year-old man to squeeze your boobs on national TV?

APRIL DOWLING: I think that’s the number one question this year for Big Brother. I don’t know. Maybe I was hoping to get his heart racing and he’ll get called out early in the game. It’s all strategy!

Were you trying to throw down against Keesha’s fake boobs?

I was trying. Mine are real! Jerry was the first to jump up and check them out but he barely touched him. He was so nervous. It was Ollie who followed next.

You pretty much zeroed in on Ollie that first night, right?

It took us a little while to start to conversate. Once I talked to him, I learned how respectful he was of women and he was really easy to talk to.

Anyone who watches Big Brother knows that alliances are an immediate target. Yet you hooked up with him anyway.

He was a pretty strong competitor and kind of my opposite. America has seen that I have a hot temper. I speak my mind. He is very low key and many times he actually helped me in the game. When I’d fly off the handle, he sat me back down and managed to cool me down. If hurt me in game, well...it could have been something else, like my alliance with Libra and Keesha.

Lets go back to that HOH competition when you won. You swore on Boston. Just to be clear, who is that?

Boston is my nephew, my twin sister’s little boy. I swore on Boston that I would not put Michelle up for eviction.

After you won HOH, you insinuated that Libra couldn’t be trusted to win POVs.

She had been complaining all day long about feeling under the weather and was not up for the competition. I was very drained and emotionally unstable at that point so I was upset and doubting her. So I told her that.

That led to one helluva fight.

You mean in the living room, when I called Libra a bitch? It was long, drawn-out fight. It was one of the larger fights in the house. She thought I was going to back down since she is a little taller than I am. The thing is, you are so on edge in the house, and I felt she turned against me and did not keep her word. That was definitely the turning point [regarding our alliance].

Do you believe the banner said something about Libra?

I definitely believe the banner was true. I’m a huge fan of Big Brother and Julie never references the banner. She tells us to avoid them at all costs. But for Julie to reference the banner on national TV means there had to be some sort of banner. She asked Michelle about. I think it had something to do with Libra.

You had it in for Memphis. Why didn’t you like him?

I never had anything against Memphis. I continuously told him I had nothing against him. He’s a great guy but somehow he wraps the women around his finger. He never approached me because I had Ollie. But he’s easy to talk to and kinda suave with the ladies.

You won $10,000 at a POV competition that can be used for bribes. Did you ever offer a specific amount to Dan this week?

That was really misconstrued and made me irate but I kept my cool when Dan stated it in the POV speech. He said money was offered to him, but that wasn’t a fact. I told him I had a lot to offer him. I had monetary things, and obviously I could protect him as well as Ollie. He approached Ollie, who then approached me about the money. Dan twisted his words a little bit. I was mad at Jerry. I thought he offered Dan money so I confronted him afterwards. But it doesn’t matter. I knew I was going to leave so I wanted to leave with my dignity and respect.

Do you think people forgot you won that money?

Yes. They were so busy dwelling on the fact that I won all those beautiful clothes that they forgot I won the cash. I won five brand new outfits that included shoes and jewelry -- everything.

How are you expecting your reunion will go with Libra?

Libra was a lot different but she’s fun to be around. We get along great. I regret saying anything about her parenting skills.

Who would you like to see make it to the final 2?

Memphis hasn’t won a competition. Maybe he’s not a threat. Michelle and I were physically strong. But of course, I want Ollie to make it the end.

It's clear you spent quite a few private moments with Ollie. Is it easy to forget they cameras are running?

It’s very easy to forget the cameras are running constantly! You think this is your house so you don’t think about it. I dropped my mike in the toilet, so I went to the diary room to tell Big Brother, and the guy says "I know." You forget they’re watching everywhere. But that’s what I signed up for -- though I’m not sure all that was shown. [NOTE: April doesn’t know her sexcapades with Ollie made it to You Tube.] When I get home I’m sure I’ll have a lot of explaining to do.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 09:35:48 AM »
Link to April's exit interview on House Calls....can't get the embedded code to upload the video but anyways....

http://www.realitybbq.com/index.php/2008/08/23/video-house-calls-with-gretchen-dick-and-april/