Author Topic: The Mole: Episode 3 Discussion  (Read 8720 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
The Mole: Episode 3 Discussion
« on: June 16, 2008, 01:36:07 PM »
:carryon:

Offline BilliamK

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Mole: Episode 3 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 09:01:00 PM »
Good evening, all!  Let's see what we can learn tonight... and laugh at the overall ineptness of these players!   :groan:

Offline BilliamK

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 09:11:17 PM »
I think Nicole is just nasty and sabotaging the game out of spite... not moliness!

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 09:13:36 PM »
Team has won $50,000 out of a possible $70,000 in the "Fruit of the luge" game.  However, there's a problem....more after the break. 

Me thinks Craig sabotaged his round and spoke after the finish line, when he wasn't supposed to.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 09:19:22 PM »
Ouch, Clay/Bobby and Victoria/Craig each spoke after the finish line.  That means their tries were void.  Players put in $26,000 into the pot.  Pot total is $89,000

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 09:26:29 PM »
Hi guys! :waves:

Fun so far!

Keep in mind the "grape" clue...who got the grape massage?  Bobby I think!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 09:31:35 PM »
this would make a great tar roadblock

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 09:33:11 PM »

How would they get the contestants naked that fast?  LOL   :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 09:34:28 PM »
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I wonder if Liz is counting her blessings about now??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 09:34:58 PM »

How would they get the contestants naked that fast?  LOL   :funny:

take off your clothes and stip down to your undies, walk around the city looking for the tar clothes put them on to get your next clue

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 09:42:44 PM »
Why would Mark be all set to go and then change his mind so fast?

I can understand Clay maybe...

Tricky with the address!  :ascared
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 09:57:41 PM »
What an ending!  :snap

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 10:01:17 PM »
Heee....I had the right two...Just the wrong way around! :lol:

That was a surprise!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tebird13

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 10:03:06 PM »
My eye candy is gone  :'( Why did you take the money and run?

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 10:05:01 PM »
How do you think she felt when she heard she would have been safe if she didnt take the money?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 02:11:24 AM »
The map of episode 3 is now up. The steel luge took the longest: I had to take a "tour" of Switzerland to figure out it's called a "rodelbahn." A couple things to note:
  • All of the walkabout took place within a block or two from the Telar restaurant. That includes the dry cleaners (see the ad for Lulu cleaners here halfway down the page)
    Good evening, players. Welcome to Santiago's old central train station. You may recognize this architecture; the building was designed and built by Gustave Eiffel.
    No, actually they're in Mapocho station, designed by a different architect (Central Station is still a working train station). Google or Flickr for Estacion Central and Estacion Mapocho and you'll see what I mean; the diagonal bars are an easy giveaway.
  • If Peach is interested, Mapcity is a good street searcher for South American cities.
  • Also, if you tell players "it's already after 4 o'clock," don't be standing next to a wall clock that shows 2:46 p.m.  :res:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 10:51:16 AM »
Haha very nice Slowhatch, thanks for doing this for us :tup:

Offline Pearlgirl4221

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • "Shelves in the closet happy thought indeed!"
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 07:56:52 PM »
The map of episode 3 is now up. The steel luge took the longest: I had to take a "tour" of Switzerland to figure out it's called a "rodelbahn." A couple things to note:
  • All of the walkabout took place within a block or two from the Telar restaurant. That includes the dry cleaners (see the ad for Lulu cleaners here halfway down the page)
    Good evening, players. Welcome to Santiago's old central train station. You may recognize this architecture; the building was designed and built by Gustave Eiffel.
    No, actually they're in Mapocho station, designed by a different architect (Central Station is still a working train station). Google or Flickr for Estacion Central and Estacion Mapocho and you'll see what I mean; the diagonal bars are an easy giveaway.
  • If Peach is interested, Mapcity is a good street searcher for South American cities.
  • Also, if you tell players "it's already after 4 o'clock," don't be standing next to a wall clock that shows 2:46 p.m.  :res:

Why would they say they were somewhere that they weren't though? For the sake of a clue? maybe?? HMMMM...
"But pride where there is a real superiority of mind, pride is always under good regulation." ~Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice~

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 08:49:54 PM »
Pearl.... that's all i can figure. only reason to say they're in one place when they're not, is for a clue.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 12:35:02 AM »
The map of episode 3 is now up.

Peach is very interested, thank you very much!  :waves:

That's so interesting about the train stations...why would they lie to us? Is it just that the Eiffel connection makes a better story--or is Gustave part of the clue? And why bother about the time, unless it matters?? Hmmmm is right! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 02:42:39 AM »

I can't find an interior shot, but they aren't actually in Central Station, they are in the old Central Station. It has been turned into an exhibition hall according to this page here (third photo down, and was remodeled by Gustave Eiffel in 1897 according to this page here (info in yellow section half way down page) so I don't think they were "lying"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 02:52:31 AM by Mrs Shrek »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 05:25:25 AM »
The Ebay photo you linked was of the old (pre-Eiffel) Central Station; however, the execution took place in Mapocho. It breaks down like this:
  • From 1857-1897 the station looked like your old photo (album here, history here). It served traffic to the south (still does). Although the last paragraph here casts some doubt, Eiffel generally get the credit for the makeover.
  • The Mapocho station (inaug. 1913) came along later, when traffic to the north became important. It even connected with the Transandino line going to Mendoza (a remnant of that line might show up soon  ;)). It was designed by Emilio Jecquier, who is variously described as having studied under Eiffel/been influenced by Eiffel/etc. (homepage here; gallery and story [spanish] here). This was also the site of the Transiberiano restaurant, where the final dinner/quiz took place, so they only had to walk a few steps to the execution site. Once traffic to the north became unimportant, Central Station took over as the sole hub/terminus.
Do I think they were lying/making a clue? No, like the clock on the wall, I think it's just a bit of sloppiness, nothing more.