Author Topic: Wipeout Premieres June 24th  (Read 6699 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Wipeout Premieres June 24th
« on: June 05, 2008, 05:02:55 PM »
The commercials look  :wohoo:

Human cannonballs! Human pinballs! Crashes, smashes and mud splashes! Twenty-four thrill-seekers will compete in the world's largest extreme obstacle course designed to provide the most spills, face plants and wipeouts ever seen on television, in Wipeout, a painfully funny new reality series premiering Tuesday, June 24 8/7c on the ABC Television Network.

Each week 24 daring new contestants of all ages, shapes and sizes will go head to head through four rounds of grueling and physically demanding but wildly hilarious obstacle courses to win the title of "Wipeout Champion" and the grand prize of $50,000. The contestants and the courses change every week, with over-the-top obstacles including "Dizzy Dummy" the "Dirty Balls" and "The Dreadmill" -- which will have contestants jumping hurdles on a 40-foot long treadmill at warp speed. In the end, only one contestant will win, while everyone else will Wipeout!

Wipeout is hosted by John Henson (E! Entertainment's Talk Soup) and John Anderson (ESPN's SportsCenter). Jill Wagner is co-host. Executive producer is Matt Kunitz. Scott Larsen is co-executive producer.

Wipeout is produced by Endemol USA.

http://abc.go.com/summer/wipeout/index?pn=index&partner=rm

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Wipeout Premieres June 24th
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 07:43:55 PM »
Oh my!! The previews.  :funny:  Another show that comes from Japan that my son and DIL LOVE to watch.

I'll have to watch to see if anyone makes it across those big balls that we see in the preview or if they have mass evacuations to the hospital. LOL

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 08:29:11 PM »
Something to hold us over until BB10 TL. *washs mouth out with soap*  :sneak

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 12:40:15 PM »
Something to hold us over until BB10 TL. *washs mouth out with soap*  :sneak

Hee!

What to watch, people requiring EMTs after trying to make it across giant rubber balls, bouncing off into muddy water or replay of Hell's Kitchen. ???  I'm going to give it a shot and watch. (May need Puddin's soap...)  :lol:

The show premieres tonight on ABC, 8PM EDT, 7PM CDT.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 01:33:51 PM »
 :snicker:   Yep, it's based on a popular Japanese game show.  I really enjoyed watching the original Japanese show.  Hope they don't "tone it down" for the American audience.  Those "big balls" are killers.   :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 01:37:25 PM »
:snicker:   Yep, it's based on a popular Japanese game show.  I really enjoyed watching the original Japanese show.  Hope they don't "tone it down" for the American audience.  Those "big balls" are killers.   :lol:
  :naughty: 8) :ya3:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline MommyLove3

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 06:41:55 PM »
Wipeout was the funniest thing I've seen on T.V. in a while! I laughed my ass off!!!