Author Topic: The Mole 5.0 ***SPOILERS***  (Read 31966 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The Mole 5.0 ***SPOILERS***
« on: May 28, 2008, 10:34:40 PM »
This is the thread to post and discuss any real spoilers that turn up on who the Mole may or may not be. And there ARE some real spoilers already out there --so fair warning--you may want to STAY OUT of this thread from now on if you do not wish to know about spoilers.

This is NOT the thread to discuss the **CLUES** in--for the latest in clue analysis please go to this thread:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15540.msg302102.html#msg302102

While the **CLUES** may eventually become spoiler-y as they gradually start to point to one person, that thread will be dedicated to keeping track of and deciphering the ongoing clues as they appear, and should remain free of outside spoilers.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 05:11:10 PM by puddin »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Mole 5 ***SPOILERS***
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 11:28:40 AM »

Okay....there ARE real spoilers out there which I stumbled across.

This doesn't  (YET :'() tell who the Mole is but does rule out several of the contestants as The Mole based on public comments on MySpace before the end of Mole filming, for example.

The research for this was all done by ShanSlam over at Sucks, and the Detective work is superb.

But one more time, reconsider now before you go further....you may well wish you didn't know!

Well, I tried! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!  So don't blame me! :lol:

Contestants who ARE NOT The Mole:

Okay, you still are going to have to hover to see...Really, are you sure you want to know??

Marcie: based on MySpace posts and Picture evidence in Vegas during the filming, is believed to leave very early.

Ali    : Based on MySpace posts during filming, is believed to go out mid-season.

Alex : Based on MySpace posts during filming, is believed to go out before the final three.

BobbyO: Based on MySpace posts during filming, is believed to go out before the final three.

And lastly, someone who may go far:

Paul    : Based on promotional efforts, is speculated  to go quite far in the game.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 08:17:30 PM »
Well, most of the ones that you spoiled to be out before the Final 3 are not ones I seriously considered as the Mole.  Thanks.

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:16:57 PM »
For EP1

Herc Digs Up ABC’s First New MOLE In More Than Four Years!!

I am – Hercules!!

The fat graphic artist gets nervous about his waterfall safety-rope. The stupid guy gives up his journal, claiming to have a “photogenic memory.” (Because if he had a photographic one, he’d know the right word to use there.) A surgeon, Nicole, tries to work around the rules, noting that all she has to do is “stay black and die.” A history teacher squirts a few when he talks about the money he could win.

The new host of this elimination reality series, Jon Kelley, is more on the model of the no-nonsense Anderson Cooper than the talentless Ahmad Rashad. I found tonight's installment all very enjoyable!

Variety says:

… A four-year hiatus has been kind … Perhaps foremost, the once-convoluted rules seem less onerous this time -- having been simplified, thank goodness, without completely dumbing them down. (A little dumbing down was in order, frankly, for everyone except those determined to pursue a degree in Mole 101.) … In essence, "The Mole" borrows from the best -- combining the travelogue component of "The Amazing Race" with the challenges and squabbling of "Survivor." …

10 p.m. Monday. ABC.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36948

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 06:45:15 PM »
Funny!

I believe based on pics of who is at the pre elim dinner/quiz results  and who is not, that apparently** Nicole **is the one left stranded on the beach.

See--someone is missing!

And someone figured out who was executed, but y'all don't really want to know that, do you??  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 06:52:31 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 07:09:42 PM »
Yeah I read it already peach, she was spotted blogging on her myspace as well as photo evidence that she did not last long in the game.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Mole 5.0 ***SPOILERS***
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 06:09:42 PM »
So since I'm not so good at figuring out who the Mole might be I've decided to figure out who the Mole might not be :P
I came upon this site run by ShanSlam & greenscreener, I think?
......anywho they have dug up some spoilers based on myspace entries etc , apparently the Molesters were not sequestered before filming was over  :naughty:, the only potential Moles that were sequestered were when they were down to the final 5, so 2 were sequestered and the above have used their "patented Molerization™ technique" to track them.

Bobby ~ online before The Mole filming had ended.
Ali~online before The Mole filming had ended.
Alex~online before The Mole filming had ended.

Who went far? Maybe final 5 or beyond.
Paul

Also to note ShanSlam made the Marcie out first prediction  :jam:

To add my own prediction for EP2, I'll say its Liz who is executed based on whos missing from future challenges

Offline fundy

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 07:17:24 PM »
I played the game and due to my LOW score, I can definitely report that the mole is female, the only contestant from that state, which is EAST of the Mississippi and has an even number of letters in her name, which means NICOLE is the Mole.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 07:24:24 PM by fundy »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 07:57:33 PM »
Thanks to ca bb fan !!.

Victoria spoiler info
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 02:34:13 AM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 12:12:05 AM »
And in the same vein...

If Nicole is giving Interviews right now then she isn't in sequester....

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15534.msg303121.html#msg303121
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 12:19:47 AM »
Yeah I read it over and over but it sounds like she wrote it in a email? I dunno?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 12:22:38 AM »
But they wouldn't let the sequestered ones email would they? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 12:51:55 AM »
I have no idea, I'm not very moleish :D.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 12:56:57 AM »
Victoria's parents said that they only got a emergency phone # and email but he teases that he knows if she is or isn't the mole, maybe dads being moleish?

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 01:44:46 AM »

According to ShanSlam's spoiler Marcie was on myspace
Victoria was allowed to email
Nicole corresponded through email

.... so it seems to be okay  :duno:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 02:04:38 AM »
ShanSlam does it again, I won't take his info, rather I'll link to it because I respect his Mole/CSI OCD detective work.

Victoria spoiler info

:lol: You dont have to take it, it was already here  ;)

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15539.0.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 02:14:17 AM »
I interpreted Victoria's Dad to mean that they got an emergency email # in case of a family emergency, not that she was allowed to email...

And right when he says "Stay tuned" on camera, you hear her Mom? saying "no one knows" when asked if she is the Mole.

I would like to know how many are sequestered though--and I saw that info somewhere! :lol:

Ooohh, nice one ca bb fan! Now how did we all miss that?? :lol3:  June 3!!  :groan:

Here is a more direct link:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15539.msg302652.html#msg302652
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 02:34:43 AM »
ShanSlam does it again, I won't take his info, rather I'll link to it because I respect his Mole/CSI OCD detective work.

Victoria spoiler info

Fixed! Sorry about that ca bb!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 03:10:11 PM »
From the links noted above

Marcie on myspace April 6 :yes:
Ali on myspace April 22
Bobby on myspace April 24th
Alex on mypsace April 25th

Goes far?
Paul on myspace May 3rd
Victoria might go far
Nicole might go far

looking at future challenges beyond EP3

Identify these contestants in future challenges although I'm unsure on a few~

Craig
Victoria
Clay
Mark
Nicole
Paul?
Alex?
Kristen *maybe*?

leaving possibly
Ali
Bobby
Alex
*maybe* Kristen
the next possible ones to leave
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 05:18:45 PM by puddin »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 04:28:32 PM »

Victoria spoiler info

Fixed! Sorry about that ca bb!!

:lol: No biggie  :kuss:

it was 2 in the morning on the night of the premiere we were all tired  :hugs:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 05:11:26 PM »

.... an interview with Liz, I guess we are putting them here?  :angel:

Exclusive: Liz Cain talks about her fifth-season 'The Mole' experience

Liz Cain put all her eggs in one basket in attempting to guess The Mole's fifth-season saboteur, and viewers saw where that got her.

The retired 60-year-old from Whitefish, MT became the second player executed from The Mole's fifth season during Monday night's broadcast of the reality competition series on ABC.

On Tuesday, Liz talked to Reality TV World about her thoughts on several of the players still remaining in the competition; why she wasn't surprised to see Nicole threaten to "kill" Paul; how she was serendipitously cast for the show; and why her love of fart jokes doesn't mean she has a dirty mouth.

Reality TV World:  You didn't seem to be very confident heading into Monday night's quiz.  Was there a specific reason why you were unsure you'd be able to survive being executed?

Liz:  Well there are a lot of factors that go into it -- the speed of doing the quiz and whether I judged right.  But I put all my eggs in one basket that night.  After I did it, I thought, "Oh!  What am I, crazy?" (laughing)  But I just had a feeling and I put all my eggs in one basket.  I may be right, I may have just had the slowest time.  Who knows.  Time will tell.

[Editor's note:  Due to the nature of The Mole's format, ABC would not allow Reality TV World to question which contestant Liz had believed to be the season's saboteur.]

Reality TV World:  What was the major problem the goal-oriented team encountered during the soccer game?  Were the kids really that good?

Liz:  Oh those kids were amazing!  They eat, drink and sleep soccer -- that's their national sport, they all aspire to be soccer players.  That's all they do is play soccer, and boy were they good. They really beat us badly. (laughing)

Reality TV World:  Why do you think Bobby and Alex did so poorly during the mission after they boasted about having previous soccer experience?

Liz:  Bobby came around at the end.  He saved a lot of goals, you just didn't see them.  Actually, the children get to practice together as a team everyday.  We had never -- we hadn't even had one practice as a team.  We didn't even know what positions we were playing and half of the people didn't even know what positions there were in soccer. (laughing)  So maybe with a little practice we could have whipped their little butts.

Reality TV World:  You were one of the slower players to make your way back to the gondola station.  Was that a strategy on your part or at that point were you really just tired?

Liz:  It could have been a strategy, but judging by my physique, you would think it was real.  I don't want to reveal any secrets, but actually my feet started swelling up in my shoes -- so my circulation was cut off and I couldn't feel my feet.  I'm an old Southern girl -- I'm used to going barefoot anyway -- so I just kicked off the shoes and socks and then I took off.  I did okay!

Reality TV World:  Paul seemed to constantly be around you during Monday night's episode -- first when he waited for you to go to the gondola station and again when you both caught the flying pigs during the second mission.  Did you have any sort of alliance with Paul?  Was he someone you felt you could trust?

Liz:  Well... He likes to do coalitions, but I can't say whether we had a coalition or not.  But he did take good care of me.  He was concerned.  Paul comes off as having a big bravado and all of that, but he's a big old marshmallow inside.  He was genuinely concerned for me and he was taking good care of me.  He was being a good guy.

Reality TV World:  Before Paul broke the pig containing the exemption, did he ever tell you why he was playing with it so much?

Liz:  Boy I was so clueless!  I feel like an idiot. (laughing)  I didn't even think... I thought the pig with the [exemption] was out in the town somewhere.  But he kept playing with it and fiddling with it and I thought, "Oh, isn't he cute.  A little boy playing with a toy.  He's just so fascinated with that little jingle inside."  It didn't dawn on me.  If I had thought for a moment that I could get [exemption], I would have beat him to the ground.  I would have beat him to a pulp. (laughing)

Reality TV World:  What was your take on Bobby?  Did you suspect that he was really having as difficult a time during the physical challenges as he led on?

Liz:  He did admit that he hadn't been keeping up with his physical activities since he got into the working world, so he's just -- like may of us, me included -- when you start having to work for a living and doing other things and taking care of other people, you go by the wayside a little bit.  I just think he had to get out of the body-building for a while and it got to him.  He was kind of puny but he's a sweetie -- he is a real sweet person.

Reality TV World:  Were you suspicious of his trio -- which also included Kristen and Craig -- when they failed to retrieve any pigs during that mission?

Liz:  I just thought it was funny.  Everybody did differently.  That's what I love about this game -- if everybody brought back exactly the same thing it would be kind of boring.  So the difference in what people were able to do in their different little teams was just fascinating to me.  I just loved it.  I know Kristen was highly upset because she's really a go-getter. (laughing)  But it was funny.  It was very funny.
Reality TV World:  Alex came under heavy criticism from a few of the other players for trying to be a leader and doing a poor job at it.  Do you think Alex could do a better job leading if he wanted to and is simply holding back as a strategy?

Liz:  I think he's a young man who has a lot of get-up-and-go.  The starry-eyed young person who thinks he can go out and conquer the world.  Well I guess he's still living with his parents. (laughing)  I think he sincerely wanted to take a leading role and do well and try to help everybody out and maybe that would be a good cover for the mole.  Who knows?  I don't know. 

But he does the best he can.  He's home with his parents and I'm sure he gets just so far at home and his parents pick-up and take-off from there.  He didn't have his parents with him, maybe that was it.  I don't know. (laughing)

Reality TV World:  Were you in the group of people that had a problem with Nicole?  What was it specifically about her that rubbed the group the wrong way?  Was she really that bad?

Liz:  She rubbed everybody the wrong way.  To begin with, when we were all just meeting, we all introduced ourselves and tried to ingratiate ourselves with each other.  When she introduced herself, she introduced herself as DOCTOR -- pause -- Nicole Williams.  We all looked around at each other and said, "Yeah, okay.  Dr. Williams. Fine.  That's fine with us."  But then... I don't know, I guess she had an image to uphold.  After she realized that her patients and her coworkers might be seeing how she's acting, she kind of turned into a little pussycat I think.

Reality TV World:  After you were executed, Nicole threatened to "kill" Paul.  Was watching the show the first time you heard that threat?  If so, what was your reaction when you saw it unfold?

Liz:  Yeah, that was the first time I saw that.  But I saw things building up.  There's quite a bit of drama building up ion different little camps.

Reality TV World:  So you weren't surprised to see her say that?

Liz:  I wasn't really surprised.  I can't say I was really surprised knowing Paul and knowing Nicole.  That's quite an interesting dynamic, I can't wait to see where it goes.  It's going to go somewhere. (laughing)

Reality TV World:  Was the language barrier between the players and the locals really as bad as it seemed?

Liz:  Half of us spoke Spanish -- about half of us spoke Spanish.  But Alex spoke very fluent Spanish.  Of course, one time he was somebody asking where they buy tickets and he kept saying "ticketas," and actually it's "boletos."  (laughing)  He missed a couple of words there.  But he was helpful and there was a language barrier for the other half.  Actually when I spoke my Spanish... I learned Mexican Spanish and the Chilean people let me know right away that they spoke a different Spanish. (laughing)  It helped a little bit.

Reality TV World:  You were the fifth-season's oldest player -- with the next closest player being 18 years younger than you.  Did you view that as an advantage or disadvantage heading into the competition?

Liz:  Oh it was definitely an advantage.  I just loved being around those kids and I have two teenagers myself -- well one is 20 and in the Army and then my daughter's a teenager.  But I loved it.  I don't feel like I'm 60! (laughing)  Something quit inside my head when I was about 20-years-old.  I'm 60-years-old, but I'm not that in my head.  I got along fine with everybody.

Reality TV World:  Did you use your journal at all the short time you were in the competition?

Liz:  Yes.  I thought I was going to have to get another journal because I wrote down everything.  I filled up my pages and I put some stuff in there.  I wasn't aware that they were going to keep the journals. (laughing)

Reality TV World:  I see, so you weren't allowed to take the journal home with you after filming?

Liz:  No.  There's some things in there I might not have wanted to put. (laughing)  But I did enjoy having the journal to write in.

Reality TV World:  Was there anything you expected to be show that wasn't?

Liz:  Well there were several things.  I thought, "Aw shoot.  I know there's not enough time to put everything in."  I wanted everyone to see one of those pigs -- one of those flying pigs -- one of them hit me right in the facemask and shattered.  I just thought that would be such a great, dramatic scene -- getting hit in the face with a pig. (laughing)  That didn't happen, but at least you saw my bruise.

Reality TV World:  That looked pretty painful, did you recover quickly?

Liz: Yeah, I was fine.  I loved it.  It was very stimulating to get bruises and get hit by flying pigs.  It really was.

Reality TV World:  Overall, what was your favorite memory from the experience?

Liz:  I can't have a favorite.  Maybe it was just being there with everybody -- being there and seeing the beautiful country of Chile and meeting the Chilean people and seeing their customs.  There's not just one thing I can pinpoint.  Just everything.  I was so grateful for being there.

Reality TV World:  How were you cast for The Mole?

Liz:  Actually I was looking for a summer job.  I thought it was going to be shot in the summer.  I thought, "Oh, I don't have a chance.  I'm just going to send off the wackiest email I can email to them."  I sent a wacky email just being myself and I got a personal phone call from the casting director asking if I could make it to the Chicago auditions and I could have my own time -- I didn't have to do the cattle call.  Wow! (laughing)  So I got on the Amtrak and got on over there.  I made it -- I made it through all the interviews and it was such fun.

There was a Reader's Digest in my choo-choo train room -- and they don't ever have reading material in the rooms -- but there was a Reader's Digest.  The top strip said, "Is it really a mole?"  Then the thumbprint was on the front of the Reader's Digest -- and that Reader's Digest was 2-years-old.

Reality TV World:  Odd.

Liz:  I just thought that was an omen.  Then the story on the inside of the Reader's Digest was about Chile. (laughing)

Reality TV World:  Serendipitous.

Liz:  It was, it was.

Reality TV World:  Would you consider yourself a fan of the show's first two seasons?  What about the celebrity installments?

Liz: Absolutely!  I just locked onto the first season.  I missed the second season because I was in transit moving from New Mexico to Florida, so I missed that one.  But the first season and then when I saw Celebrity Mole coming on, boy I locked onto them.  I love The Mole.  There's a reason why Mensa says it's the smartest show. (laughing)

Reality TV World:  What was your strategy heading into the competition? 

Liz:  Gosh I just wanted to keep my wits about me. (laughing)  It was hard to have a target until I got right in the situation.  I just held off and assessed the situation and rolled with the punches.

Reality TV World:  What did you think would be your strong points and what areas of your game play were you concerned about?

Liz:  Just my ability to keep my mouth and kind of listen -- eavesdropping. (laughing) Just eavesdropping and watching things, watching people.  I love watching people, it's great.

Reality TV World:  When we talked to host Jon Kelley before the season started, he described you as "this loveable, grandma that kind of became the den mother of the group."  Was that a strategy on your part or is that generally how you always act?

Liz:  I guess it's kind of a natural thing.  I'm always one to be a mother and be helpful, so I guess that's just where I'm comfortable.

Reality TV World:  What's the reaction been like by your friends and family members who watched you on the show?

Liz:  They're all so supportive and so excited.  I was reading a couple of emails today -- I'm out of town right now -- and they're all very supportive.  But I told them, "You've got to keep watching because we have a reunion show and we have a reveal show.  We're going to have a reveal in [August].  There's a mole.  I'll be back on there."  So they're looking forward to keeping up with the show and seeing me back on again.

Reality TV World:  Have you kept in touch with any of the other players?

Liz:  No.  We can't talk to each other.

Reality TV World:  Did you have anything else that you wanted to add that we didn't touch upon?

Liz:  Well I did notice there were a couple of interviews that said I had a dirty... I talked dirty or I had a foul mouth.  Actually, all I talked about was I like fart jokes. (laughing)  That's all.  I don't want my church people thinking I get away from church and I'm this foul-mouthed little old lady.  It's just fart jokes.  I love fart jokes. (laughing)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 08:35:48 PM »
From the links noted above

Marcie on myspace April 6 :yes:
Ali on myspace April 22
Bobby on myspace April 24th
Alex on mypsace April 25th

Goes far?
Paul on myspace May 3rd
Victoria might go far
Nicole might go far

looking at future challenges beyond EP3

Identify these contestants in future challenges although I'm unsure on a few~

Craig
Victoria
Clay
Mark
Nicole
Paul?
Alex?
Kristen *maybe*?

leaving possibly
Ali
Bobby
Alex
*maybe* Kristen
the next possible ones to leave

I'll go with Bobby & Ali going tonight with maybe Bobby taking the bribe? or the other way around.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 09:58:43 PM »
yeahthatsright  :sucks

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 10:03:09 PM »
I had the right two but the wrong way around! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 10:46:32 PM »
Safe from EP4 based on the future bungee
Craig
Clay
Victoria

unsure
Alex
Paul
Nicole
Mark
Kristen

I'll go with Alex for EP4 execution based on him logging onto myspace so soon after Ali & Bobby did.

Bungee, Craig & Victoria and maybe Clay but why does he choose a helmet

The set of photos labeled Bungee with Craig, being the only one I could identify (and now Victoria), could it be this bridge?

(3rd photo in group) April 20 - 21st, again from ShanSlam.