Author Topic: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*  (Read 231828 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2008, 05:29:23 PM »
Lots of good theories everyone! Keep it coming  :wohoo:

Offline Kal_el_kitten

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2008, 02:33:52 PM »

Hi Guys, I am new to this... but i was curious if anyone looked through the Opening credits and surf through some things. I found Just after it says Half million dollars there is a Green city like picture and on the left hand side you will see something pop up and in all of the text it reads "Chicago Occupation" Now the only one i know that lives in Chicago is Nicole....

Anyone else see what i saw?

Offline RealityLover

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2008, 02:48:47 PM »
Isn't Nicole's occupation an OBGYN.  That might help with the mom clue. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 02:55:02 PM by RealityLover »

Offline RadioRocket

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Mole 3.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2008, 03:51:43 PM »
But due to interviews, Jon Kelley had no idea who was the mole at the start of the show, so we can't infer that the journal #11 belongs to the mole.  I think it has something to do with the letters missing.  "LVN".  Maybe Liz's initial?

However at the beginning Season 1 when Anderson help up a bag with Kathryn's name he had no idea who the mole was, so the producers could have conveniently placed it so Jon would pick it up.

Also going back to my clues in the opening credits. There are actually several "profile informations" floating around, I will try my best to take screenshots of them all.
I'm currently downloading the first episode.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 03:57:16 PM by RadioRocket »

Offline Kal_el_kitten

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2008, 03:58:25 PM »
I just noticed something else with the Chicago Occupation, there was a DOB of 12 - 5- 197? not sure what year it was... not so clear. Then there was a weight of 90K and then the height was 5'8"... Not sure who that could be... any ideas?

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2008, 09:00:43 PM »
A totally on the head theory, but could the producers have turned it around and the clues be pointing to the mole's victims, ie who isn't the mole rather than who is.
 :duno: Just a thought.

Mom clue - Marcie
Lie with the eyes - Liz's wink in the cast intro
An IT clue - Craig
etc

It would be so simple to confuse things for those who know how the game has operated before, and set everyone chasing after clues for everyone BUT the Mole..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2008, 09:35:39 PM »
Thats a very good theory Mrs Shrek. I know they are throwing clues out there to mess us up.

I like Mark or Kristen for the Mole but thats a wild guess.

Offline tebird13

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2008, 10:27:42 PM »
Hello All,

Right now my guess is Kristen, it just a hunch at the moment.

The waterfall test I think was too hard to sabotage, the current is random so if the mole got any where close to the bad and didn't grab it then they would be very suspect.  I was also thinking the mole doesn't have to sabatoge every challenge.  There was already a greater than 50 percent chance they were grabbing for paper.

In the scavanger hunt the best place to sabatoge would be a scavanger, by not picking up an item and bringing it for appraisal.  However the whiner assigned them their tasks so the mole had no control over their role.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2008, 11:04:32 PM »
Does anybody know when this was filmed.  We know this first episode is in Chile. 

But what were the dates of filming?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2008, 11:54:02 PM »
I think the prefilming began around March 23rd? With waterfall challenge maybe March 28 (can't find that list though...)? and last day of filming May 1. But the finale apparently is still/ or just about  to be filmed...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2008, 12:09:12 AM »
I read the same Chateau .......

ShanSlam has put together a time line :)

warning there are spoilers at the link  :spoiler:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2008, 12:12:03 AM »
I saw that one too but somewhere in my mole travels I saw a timeline of contestants arrive, take pre-pictures, waterfall shoot, all broken down by days and now I can't find it... :pull
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2008, 12:24:16 AM »
Found it!

From greenscreener at Sucks:

March 28: Promo photos taken of each contestant (the ones you see behind the waterfall)
March 30: Over The Falls
March 31: Crusoe mission
April 1: Dinner before quiz
April 2: First quiz (after midnight), First execution

Exact dates taken from http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/display/display_main.aspx?global_id=000862&leftcol=links
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2008, 01:11:40 AM »
yeah its easy their are properties on the photos

4/4/08 soccer and bike challenges
4/5/08 piggy challenge
4/6/08 execution

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2008, 03:01:49 AM »
Thanks for the link, Puddin; the city that's included in the properties makes things a lot easier. I had searched Santiago and BA for the hotel; once I knew it (and the beach task) were at Concepcion, finding the El Dorado and the Plaza de Armas (execution site) was a snap. Next week, it looks like the piggys are at Pomaire (we already knew that thanks to Peach) and the soccer match and execution are at Santiago.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2008, 10:51:09 AM »
Slowhatch & Chateau are going to help with the Mole, Amazing Race detectives are in the house  :wohoo:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2008, 11:23:14 AM »
Heee....hope their arms don't look too much like corkscrews!! :sucks
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RadioRocket

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2008, 03:21:33 AM »
I just noticed something else with the Chicago Occupation, there was a DOB of 12 - 5- 197? not sure what year it was... not so clear. Then there was a weight of 90K and then the height was 5'8"... Not sure who that could be... any ideas?

I think it says 1970.

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2008, 08:08:37 PM »
As I was browsing around looking for pictures. I noticed that on the official ABC Mole site, that Mark is the only contestant that had his picture taken in front of a waterfalls at almost dark.

???

http://abc.go.com/primetime/themole/index?pn=hostbio#t=contestant
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 08:15:13 PM by Blondie »
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline RadioRocket

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2008, 12:49:17 PM »
GUYS! I HAVE A SHOCKING NEW CLUE WOW!
I know 11 corresponds to CRAIG! I'm pretty sure the Mole is Craig!
When Jon held up the 11th journal it was meant to correspond to him.
In the opening credits Craig is the 11th person to be introduced...
and the most shocking clue of all...

Is when Craig says "dude, one thing at a time who cares if we're staying here or not we're jumping over a frickin waterfall, god! ********WHO CARES WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING****************"

Why would he mention where they were sleeping BEFORE Jon Kelley told them that Marcie had to choose where they slept? I know the producers sometimes edit sequences and if this conversation was supposed to happen after Marcie announced who was sleeping where, then that eliminates Craig as a suspect. I'm pretty sure Craig is the Mole. Maybe I misheard him, but when I watching the episode again, and heard him say that you won't believe how big my jaw dropped.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2008, 04:04:59 PM »
Boy, there are a lot of clues that could easily be interpreted to point to one person!  One reason why I've seldom been able to spot the real Mole clues.

For the women, I think Victoria, Kristen and Nicole are the best candidates to be the Mole.  Victoria has the green thumbprint on her helmet in the first challenge -- and we saw it.  Also, she's somewhat under the radar.  The problem is that three of the previous Moles were women!  Kristen doesn't have the green thumbprint on her helmet but she's definitely under the radar, but she too is a woman in a game where three of the previous Moles were women.

The same problem goes for Nicole, but she has an added problem:  she's not under-the-radar.  In fact, she seems like the resident "bitch."  I'd probably exclude her from Mole consideration -- except for clues like "Mom" which might point to Nicole as she's an OB-GYN and the possible clue about her being from Chicago (and the "NIC" before the "IT" bit).

For the guys, I think Craig and Paul are the best candidates to be the Mole, with Clay an outside shot.  These guys are men and could thus be chosen to balance out the ratio of male/female Moles.  However, Clay is a lawyer and we had a lawyer (actually a law student) as the Mole.  Paul could certainly be the Mole -- he's expected to go far and one of his previous coalition partners was executed.  The problem is that the same thing happened to Darwin in Season 2 -- and he wasn't the Mole!  And finally, there's Craig.  I think he's our best male candidate to be the Mole.  He's so funny that nobody would probably suspect him -- and he's out-of-shape enough that most people would write off any sabotage as "Oh, he's out-of-shape."  And I think he too goes pretty far.

The others I don't think are really the Mole.  Although that clue I saw about Mark is interesting, he seems more like a Corbin Bernsen-type of player, and that type is never the Mole.  And there's the "LVN" clue that might point to Liz, but we already had an older contestant be the Mole -- Bill, and Liz is a woman as well.  So who is the Mole?  At this point, although I definitely can predict who is not the Mole and I have some good candidates for who is the Mole, I just don't know who really is the Mole.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2008, 10:43:10 PM »
Okay, has anyone talked about this week's promo? "The sexiest Mole yet" or something like that, and everything focused on the girls. Is this something to be suspicious about, or is it just one of ABC's promo edits?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2008, 10:13:50 AM »
New or no? "TONII"

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
"TONII" could be an anagram or an acronym.  I'm leaning towards it being an anagram because ABC could have put it as "T.O.N.I.I." if it was supposed to be an acronym.  But maybe they're throwing us off! :pull

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2008, 11:50:09 AM »
Sorry about that, the clue is on the widget but now I don't see it  :lol: