Author Topic: Kentucky Challenge- compete against your favorite reality TV stars for charity!  (Read 5008 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Mary of Team Kentucky asked me to pass this along to y'all:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Louisville will once again become home for a few days to TV, Movie and Reality show celebrities on June 19th – 22nd, 2008.

Benefitting The Kosair Children's Hospital and charities, the Kentucky Challenge will offer the first 10 people to raise a $1000 pledge a chance to compete against their favorite reality TV star.

Scheduled to attend now, and updating daily are:

Leave it to Beaver stars
Ken Osmond
Frank Bank

CBS Survivor and “The Amazing Race”Rob and Amber Mariano

CBS Survivor
Natalie Bolton
Amanda Kimmell
Alexis Jones
Tracy Hughes-Wolf
Yau Man Chan
Rupert Boneham
Jaime Dugan
James Clement
Bruce Kanegai
Ami Cusack
Michael Bortone
Bobby Jon Drinkard
Travis Sampson
Eric Reichenbach
Lea "Sarge" Masters
Todd Herzog
Chris Daugherty
Joel Anderson
Denise Martin

CBS The Amazing Race
Dave and Mary Conley “Team Kentucky”
Kynt and Vixen  “The Goths”
Lyn Turk “Team Bama”
Tom and Terry “TNT”
Goodwin and Erwin “Cho Bro’s”
Jon and Al “The Clowns”
Steve and Dave “ATC’s”
Eric and Jeremy “The Frat Boys”
BJ and Tyler “The Hippies”

American Idol
Haley Scarnato

Pirate Master
Crista De'Angelo
Jay Hatkow

Outback Jack
Vadim Dale

The Apprentice
Tana Goertz

TV and Movie Celebrities
Katherine Willis — From NBC's "Friday Night Lights"
Julia Campbell — From HBO's "In Treatment"
Jay Karnes — From the FX's "The Shield"
Raviv Ullman — Disney's "Phil of the Future"

U of K and U of L coaches
Rich Brooks — University of Kentucky Football Coach
Ron English — U of L Defensive Coordinator

Body for Life author
Porter Freeman

Reality Rumble "Hardcore" ChampionTim "Mr. Terrific" Lawler — Wrestler

http://www.kpffb.org/attendees/index.html

Here's the scoop:

It is time to get things in order for the VILLE. Louisville that is.

Now you have a chance to meet, greet and compete against reality stars. So you wanted to beat Rob and Amber at their own game? Now is your chance. Do you think you can race faster than team Rocket, aka Kynt and Vixen or David and Mary. Are you a better swimmer than Ozzy. Maybe you have more connections than Vincent Pastore of The Sopranos? Are you a better exec than Tana Goertz? Well now is the time when you need to put your money where your mouth is. Quit sitting on the sidelines and talking a good game. Get up and show me what you got.

June 19th -21st is when our benefit starts and Saturday is the biggest Kentucky Challenge against some of your favorite reality stars.

The skinny:
We have 10 slots to compete against the stars so this is the first part of the challenge. Your mission should you choose to accept it, raise $1000 from various sources. You can just front the money but we want exposure so we prefer you get out and beat the bushes. It is not limited to $1000 that you raise but that is what is needed to be one of the 10 people that get to compete. You will receive 1 vip pass and one one S-VIP pass for a total of 2 passes.

The competition will be a Survivor/Amazing race type of competition. Details are secret for now. The first 10 people to send in their money will be in the challenge. Remember, this is going out too many sites so time is of the essence. You must use the link on the website to contact me that you have raised the money and that will hold your place until the money is received. You will have 5 days from the time you contact me till I receive the money. If it is not received in the time frame, than you will go to the bottom of the list. Once your donations are received in hand, that secures your place.

Remember, this is the first part of the Challenge. So as jeff says,

"Survivors ready, GO!!!"

The Schedule:
So what else do you get for raising money. You will get the S-VIP treatment with the Reality Stars as well. The event starts on Friday morning early and goes through Saturday night, June 21st. On Friday we have trips to the Louisville Slugger Museum, Muhammad Ali Center, Churchill Downs and it all caps off on Friday night with a personal meet and greet Party at a local farm.

Saturday morning, we start out early and head to Six Flags for the Challenge which is followed by some fun in the Park. Head back to the hotel for some rest and early supper and than off to the BALL. Tux or Evening Gown optional but highly recommended. This is a Great Ball and it is time to have some fun with over 500 guests and the Celebrities.

There will be plenty of time to just hang out with the celebs as well and even private time opportunities throughout the weekend. It is truly a memorable time and one that you will remember. I guarantee it personally.

So what happens if you raise the allotted money but aren't one of the first 10 people? Don't fret because all is not lost. There are 20 additional slots for the VIP treatment. You get all of the above except for being part of the challenge. You get to go and be a part of all the events. You even will get to go with us to the park and watch or have fun at Six flags Kentucky Kingdom.

Maybe you just want to go to Friday nights' Meet and greet along with the Ball. We are reserving 50 spots for Friday night in addition to the Ball. Raise $200 and you receive 2 tickets to Friday night and Saturday night.

If you just want to come Saturday night to the Ball, the ticket price is only $50. Tickets are going fast right now.

So get to beatin the bushes now for your once in a lifetime chance.

Print out the donor sheet on the website and get moving because time is of the essence.

www.kpffb.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like a blast to me!! And all for a VERY worthwhile cause!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It sounds like a blast to me too, Peach. If I had a spare $1000 (ha, ha) I would be requesting Jon and Al, the Clowns. They had an unlucky experience in Inchon International Airport (Seoul) that put them just minutes too far behind to catch up and eliminated them in Brisbane. They are such neat guys that they would be my choice out of several other decent teams. If somebody got them first, I would go for the Chos.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I think the idea is that you solicate fund raising donations to make up the $1000 or more...it is an official tax deductible charity so perhaps businesses etc would contribute?

The clowns would be fun!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Bumping this up because it is fast approaching!

And look who all are coming! :hearts:

If you live anywhere nearby, this sounds like a blast!

CBS Survivor and “The Amazing Race”Rob and Amber Mariano

CBS Survivor
Natalie Bolton
Amanda Kimmell
Alexis Jones
Tracy Hughes-Wolf
Yau Man Chan
Rupert Boneham
Jaime Dugan
James Clement
Bruce Kanegai
Ami Cusack
Michael Bortone
Bobby Jon Drinkard
Travis Sampson
Eric Reichenbach
Lea "Sarge" Masters
Todd Herzog
Chris Daugherty
Joel Anderson
Denise Martin

CBS The Amazing Race
Kynt and Vixen  "The Goths"
Dave and Mary Conley "Team Kentucky"
Lyn Turk "Team Alabama"
Tom and Terry
Godwin and Erwin Cho "Six Pack"
Jon and Al "The Clowns"
Steve and Dave "ATF Controllers"

Pirate Master
Crista De'Angelo
Jay Hatkow

Outback Jack
Vadim Dale

The Apprentice
Tana Goertz

TV and Movie Celebrities
Katherine Willis — From NBC's "Friday Night Lights"
Julia Campbell — From HBO's "In Treatment"
Jay Karnes — From the FX's "The Shield"
Raviv Ullman — Disney's "Phil of the Future"
Melinda Allen — has appeared on shows such as "Sons and Daughters" and "Cold Case"

U of K and U of L coaches
Rich Brooks — University of Kentucky Football Coach
Ron English — U of L Defensive Coordinator

Body for Life author
Porter Freeman

Reality Rumble "Hardcore" Champion

Tim "Mr. Terrific" Lawler — Wrestler

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
 :jumpy: Harley has sent us some of her pics from the benefit last evening...   :ty :yourock:

YauMan! James! Todd! Cho's! ATC Steve! Clown Al! Rob! and more!!

http://harley.smugmug.com/gallery/5225860_RqcwY/1/317368046_TpdDa#317387704_ddatH

And if anyone wants to help ID the unlabelled ones, please do!

But  :wohoo: :hearts:  LOOK at MARY!!  :fan:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Great article about the event from RealityTvMagazine here:

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2008/06/26/kentucky-charity-a-total-blast/

Lots of pictures!  :hearts:

RFF's Golden Rule: